Martial Arts

Corkscrew

• 3 weeks later...

Philippine Shootwrestling/Shootfighting Seminar by GUY CHASE

Time:Saturday, January 14, 2012 · 1:30pm - 4:30pm

For the First Time Ever: Karl Gotch Shootfighting in the Philippines - USA Instructor Guy Chase: 6 Year private student of the legend Karl Gotch; www.guychase.tv

The late Karl Gotch is among the world’s most influential grapplers whose legacy begins as an Olympic contender for Greco Roman wrestling in the 40′s. Throughout the years, he would develop a unique system of wrestling derived from traditional grappling systems like the aforementioned Greco Roman system to Indian Pehlwani to folk traditions like Catch Can Wrestling and after decades of his professional wrestling career in both Europe and the United States,

Gotch took his own personal blend of submission wrestling to Japan where he pioneered Shootfighting or Shoot Wrestling and used it to transform the entire world of Japanese puroresu, professional wrestling. Because of his contributions to promotions like New Japan Pro Wrestling, Gotch came to be known to the Japanese as “The God of Pro Wrestling”.

Back here in the United States, though, Gotch’s perfected system of submission wrestling was put to use to train a generation of Mixed Martial Artists that would go on to direct the current trends in the sport.

The sport of Shootfighting mixes traditional holds, locks, submissions and throws of grappling but allows for strikes with the hands, elbows, knees and legs to create a combat sport that looks an awful lot like the staged kayfabe matches of Sports Entertainment… only it’s real.

The Shootfighting techniques and lessons taught at the Guy Chase Academy of Martial Arts are the very same techniques developed and put to the test by the legendary God of Pro Wrestling and Father of MMA in Japan, himself, Karl Gotch. These are the finest techniques around, passed down from the master to you

Registration: Must E:Mail jkdmanila@iyahoo.com for registration details

Cost: PHP 2,000 paid in advance - PHP 2,500 at the door.

You can also PM me for more info.....

@sir Snowflake pwedeng malaman kung cno ka? C rey to ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i want to learn Self Defense.. i want to learn like those Krav Maga or any art that will make me react fast and effective versus thieves with blades or guns..

took taekwondo when still a kid , so i have a background on how training is done.

help where to find and train... manila, pampanga area ...

Edited by macbookpro
  • 2 weeks later...

Im doing BJJJ now..ang hirap tandaan at iexecute ang mga moves =( help guys

Repetition lang yan and of course sipag sa mats. its better to roll with higher belts since they will be the one to dictate the momentum. pag white belt kase parehas, lagi gigil parehas..wala pang patience which often lead to injuries. OSS!

I took up Krav Maga, Samba and Muay Thai when I was in the military pero may kasabihan nga mga trainers namin... "it wouldn't matter even if you're Bruce Lee if someone points a gun at you within 10ft. You'll be riddled w/ bullets before you react to shoot and pin them. Of course remember na di ito gaya sa movies na papayag ang suspect na lumapit ka sa kanya so that you can take em down. Sa panahon ngayon walang ganun ka tanga na holdaper unless di nya talaga intent pumatay.

Edited by ej_qn
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sana po may abogado na makapagbigay linaw sa aking katanungan.. Question: Can you respond proportionately to a violent attack by a woman? especial if she is armed with a gun?? a bladed weapon or a taser?? Kasi po very biased ang batas when it comes to violence committed against women. The law is always in their favor.. even if they provoked the attack.. Alam po ng mga babae yan kaya sige sige lang sila manakit.. ok lang sana if they weren't armed.. SO, CAN I DEFEND MYSELF AGAINST AN ARMED WOMAN AS IF SHE WERE A MAN.. WITHOUT ANY LEGAL IMPEDIMENTS? WAIS KASI MGA BABAE NOWADAYS.. PARA SILANG MGA HAMOG BOYS WHO COMMIT CRIMES WITH IMPUNITY KASI HINDI SILA MAKAKASUHAN HELP PLEASE PARA ONCE AND FOR ALL MALAMAN NG MGA KALALAKIHAN HOW TO RESPOND TO THIS SORT OF SITUATION.. Salamat po..

• 1 month later...

In the aftermath of Mon Tulfo, Raymart Santiago and Claudine Barreto 'rumble'.. now.. would somebody please tell me how I can 'defend' myself against a woman, considering the law is biased, in favor of the "weaker" sex?? The video clearly showed Claudine was clawing Mon's eyes.. In martial arts.. that could be considered a tactic that could cause serious or permanent injury.. If a man were to do that.. one could easily defend against.. but if a woman were to do that against a man.. the man might be reluctant.. have some reservations.. kasi po malamang kakampihan ng naman ng batas yung babae.. even if she were the attacker..ANY LAWYER/MARTIAL ARTIST who can advice on how to go about defending against a woman?? salamat po.. In addition..pag multiple attackers.. wala kang laban.. no matter how skilled you are..

• 2 weeks later...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8152/7138288617_1312426a38_b.jpg

For more info, you can contact Joel Ramos, mobile no. :09178051970 (Globe) /09237303814 (sun) or you can email @ frickph@yahoo.com

is this open to all? I meant, even for those without JKD experince?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i think aikido is what you're looking for..it is a highly defensive form of martial arts..you really don't want to hit a woman and with this type of martial arts, it's all about redirecting your attackers force against them via joint locks and throws..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aikido

In the aftermath of Mon Tulfo, Raymart Santiago and Claudine Barreto 'rumble'.. now.. would somebody please tell me how I can 'defend' myself against a woman, considering the law is biased, in favor of the "weaker" sex?? The video clearly showed Claudine was clawing Mon's eyes.. In martial arts.. that could be considered a tactic that could cause serious or permanent injury.. If a man were to do that.. one could easily defend against.. but if a woman were to do that against a man.. the man might be reluctant.. have some reservations.. kasi po malamang kakampihan ng naman ng batas yung babae.. even if she were the attacker..ANY LAWYER/MARTIAL ARTIST who can advice on how to go about defending against a woman?? salamat po.. In addition..pag multiple attackers.. wala kang laban.. no matter how skilled you are..

Edited by _iceman_

aikido rin po sir iceman yung style daw ni Mon Tulfo.. yet look what happen.. what I'm asking sir is the degree of physicality needed to thwart the attacks of a woman without getting into legal trouble.. I have no intention of "hurting" a woman,, kaso if she is armed with a gun or a knife.. or nakikisawsaw sa rumble by clawing someboby's eyes.. what can you do?? Anyway.. thanks for replying sir iceman..