meron na bang nakapunta sa bohol bee farm? any feedbacks? may beach area ba sila? oks ba mga rooms? will be bringing a few foreign friends over the summer kaya naghahanap ako ng oks na place sa bohol. thanks!

you can't go wrong with BBC - Bohol Beach Club (amenities are really worth your money) if you have the moolah, if you want exclusivity go Jul's (pink sand, private beach). Actually lotsa nice resorts have sprouted in Panglao during the last 3 years I haven't had the opportunity to try each one of them.

there's a new attraction the Sagbayan Peak and Abatan River Cruise (more rustic than Loboc). Don't forget the undr rated Tarsier foundation.

just came from Bohol via Cebu.

for the tour we arranged it all via text messages with the van owner which cost us P2600.

it included the pickup at the ferry terminal, going to Dumaluan 2 and the pickup the next day going back to the ferry terminal.

the tour lasted about 5-6hours.

my kids enjoyed counting the steps going up the chocolate hills view deck :wacko:

for the Loboc river cruise, it cost us P300(adults) / P150(kids) - includes lunch.

if you dont want to take your lunch and just the river cruise, its P600 for a small banca.

we stayed at Dumaluan 2. no mosquito bites! :blink:

would recommend the place! We liked the inihaw na tanigue (cooked just right), ampalaya con karne, etc.

will definitely come back, if we have the time again!

Edited by omnipresent

TIPS IN STAYING IN BOHOL

Bohol right now is one of the top summer tourist spots in the Philippines.

At present, the prices in the resort is at its peak.

I suggest when you go to Bohol, you maximize your trip there by managing your allocation on expenses.

Usually, when I go there, with my family, I don't spend too much on the place to stay. I don't stay in the resort, mauubos ang pera ko sa tirahan ko. Eh, when you are in the province, you are normally out of the house, frolicking on the beach or visiting famous landmarks in Bohol. So di rin maximized ang ganda ng rooms, kasi by the time you get home, pagod ka na.

With this in mind, I save more money and so I can invest in the tour packages. Mas marami pa ang napupuntahan ko.

I was able to have a contact with one of the Bohol homeowners whose house is a typical Manila Design house with aircon rooms and fully tiled bathroom. Basta, homey ang dating. Its a house newly-renovated but the owners are in the US. We just pay for our stay to the minimum amount and we can even ask na magpaluto with a mayordoma, so mas tipid pa sa food. Home talaga ang dating.

As for the tour, thats where we spend a lot. I was able to get a travel agency there and they give you options on where to go with considerations on your days of stay, landmarks to you pick to visit, and they can even suggest to you what to do or where to go if you are an adventurous or party-goer or conservative or private. Its up to you, they will adjust the tour packages to your liking.

With the present increase in cost of expense in food, fuel, etc..., every cent counts.

And this was what I did last Holy Week.

Sobrang enjoy ang vacation namin sa Bohol. Till next time. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
If you are not staying at Panglao Island, try Tropics at the downtown area. Nice pool, beach access is ok. Plus pwede pang maka kuha nang PSP sa club/ktv nila kung ma swerte.

Are you referring to Bohol Tropics? Its pretty cool place and just a tricycle away from the airport. Nice view of the sea and live band at night. Kaya lang madalas fully booked especially pag summer.

i stayed at amarela resort last week. I must say I was impressed with this resort, particularly the service. Joan at the front desk was very helpful and attentive to our needs. The room was okay (we got adjoining rooms). they also have a book and dvd library plus board games. the pool, though a bit small was very nice and relaxing. medyo pangit lang yung exact beach front kasi maraming seaweeds. what you can do is swim in the area to the left, dun walang seaweeds. you can also rent kayaks here. room rates are a bit pricey but it's totally worth it/

ang medyo down side lang eh malayo siya from other resorts so forced ka na kumain sa resto nila (unless you have a car). food is okay but a bit overpriced. if you want, you can take a quick trip to bohol bee farm (about 10 mins by car) where they serve excellent food (the halo halo in particular).

a scary experience we had was, during our stay we went kayaking. then it suddenly started raining by the time we went back to shore. pagtingin namin sa dagat, meron dalawang waterspouts (tornadoes over water) near pamilacan island in the distance stretching from the sea to the sky! it was breathtaking pero nakakatakot!

Edited by shadowspy

Hi, I posted about tips on visiting Bohol on this same forum.

If you are interested on going to Bohol and you have lots of questions........

I can help you by giving you my contact person there to assist you in your desired stay at Bohol.

They can help you whatever way you want to spend your vacation in Bohol.

Either you go for extravagant vacation, adventurous, stringent but fun stay, or immersion with bohol folks.

Its all up to you. You can have my contact person arrange you for transportation, reservation in resorts, choice of place of stay, food, restos, tourist spots to visits, etc.... or all of the above.

As I said, its all up to you, they will ask for your choices and fit it in your budget.

Just PM me if you are interested.

Enjoy Bohol!!!

• 2 weeks later...

just went to bohol just 2 weeks ago... ang ganda po talaga... 1 day tour sa bohol then stayed at panglao island.... just rented a house near alona beach resort just paid 1500 (5 kami so 300 lang each) with kitchen, sala and dining table and aircon room... then nung morning went dolphin watching ( paid 2500 for bangka) so kasama na dun yung pagpunta sa balicasag island para mag snorkling (paid 100 hundred for the guide then 150 for the rent ng snorkle) super ganda ng makikita mong corals and fishes.... then went to balot island katabi ng virgin island (?) grabe sobra ganda parang may kalsada sa gitna ng laot... ill post pictures later.....

Edited by renaldi
i stayed at amarela resort last week. I must say I was impressed with this resort, particularly the service. Joan at the front desk was very helpful and attentive to our needs. The room was okay (we got adjoining rooms). they also have a book and dvd library plus board games. the pool, though a bit small was very nice and relaxing. medyo pangit lang yung exact beach front kasi maraming seaweeds. what you can do is swim in the area to the left, dun walang seaweeds. you can also rent kayaks here. room rates are a bit pricey but it's totally worth it/

ang medyo down side lang eh malayo siya from other resorts so forced ka na kumain sa resto nila (unless you have a car). food is okay but a bit overpriced. if you want, you can take a quick trip to bohol bee farm (about 10 mins by car) where they serve excellent food (the halo halo in particular).

Agreed.... Just came back from bohol.... :D

The weather was a bit uncooperative... but hey, we had fun :)

Yeah, madaming seaweeds.... so just stayed at the pool most of the time and chatted with some of the visitors

post-75948-1210777326.jpg

maganda talaga ang amarela resort. rooms are very well-appointed and you can clearly see the owner has style with how he dressed up his place. only downside is their beach area. it's narrow and not as nice as those in BBC.

PINR is also charming and there's also a small island you can walk to from the shore. better rooms than BBC but a bit pricier.

BBC still has the best beachfront. you will not feel boxed in this huge resort. they now have value rooms in their new wing (amihan yata?).

Amorita is also nice. no beachfront but you can walk to alona beach which is just a stones throw away from their place.

any advice for someone who's travelling alone? i've been to bohol at least 3 times before but all of them were on the eastern side (away from the main resorts and happening place). I'll be in tagbilaran on business and will probably stay one or two nights. any place you guys can suggest?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sniglet

dumaluan beach resort in panglao island is nice and reasonably priced. beachfront is adjacent to bohol beach club.

must see the dolphins across the islands