Build A Model Body!

full ROM is indeed encouraged fr people with no history of pains and injuries... however sometimes it's not encouraged soo much...

There  are other aspects to consider as well such as timing of he red... yung mga 2 seconds up... 3 seconds down... etc... im not very well versed in this... Olympus, care to shed light?

If you're talking about TUT or time under tension, I don't really believe in doing such since it discourages people from learning to lift explosively. I do believe, however, that the negative portion of the lift should be controlled, but not slow

If you're talking about TUT or time under tension, I don't really believe in doing such since it discourages people from learning to lift explosively. I do believe, however, that the negative portion of the lift should be controlled, but not slow

This is why I introduce it occassionally in Phase 3 of training. Even then, I only focus on doing it on the negative portion of the rep. The positive should always be done explosively in all phases.

back to topic on how to build a model body:

stick to the basic free weight exercises such as squats, bench presses, deadlifts, overhead presses, rows and pullups... they require the most number of muscles and help build size fast

Avoid machines. Not only do they often put you in an uncomfortable position, they don't develop real strength

Isolation is a myth: there is no one exercise that can isolate a single muscle or a part of a large muscle

back to topic on how to build a model body:

stick to the basic free weight exercises such as squats, bench presses, deadlifts, overhead presses, rows and pullups... they require the most number of muscles and help build size fast

Avoid machines. Not only do they often put you in an uncomfortable position, they don't develop real strength

Isolation is a myth: there is no one exercise that can isolate a single muscle or a part of a large muscle

Be sure to read the next issue of MetroHim Magazine. We wrote a detailed shoulder/chest/tricep/abs specialization program based on the standing military press, complete with how to compute your weights, sets and reps. It will have the reader beach ready in record time.

Also machines make the prime movers stronger, but make the tiny stabilizers atrophy due to said supercompensation of prime movers. This leads to long-term injury that can sneak up on you and cause an injury from something like putting a potted plant up on your refridgerator or picking up a child.

isolation is not a myth... dude naman... people have been doing isolation workouts for the better part of fitness history and have been getting reults... you can't discount that... the thing that you can say is that "isolation has already been proven to be not as efficient in getting reults as....... etc etc etc etc.... so why bother?" that is easier to accept...

isolation is not a myth... dude naman... people have been doing isolation workouts for the better part of fitness history and have been getting reults... you can't discount that... the thing that you can say is that "isolation has already been proven to be not as efficient in getting reults as....... etc etc etc etc.... so why bother?" that is easier to accept...

If you want me to say that so I will... Compound exercises are superior to single joint exercises any given day

okay okay okay okay... ganito nalang para klaro sa mga nagbabasa...

True isolation meaning an exercise that will only focus on a single muscle part... lets say the bicep femoris... is a myth. whenever you do the so called isolation work outs, you actually do use the other associated muscles to that so called "isolated" muscle part that you're trying to work out...

However, i think for the purpose of clarity and simplification of terminoligies and ideologies, i feel that there is no need to break down the system that has been in use for god knows when... Ika nga, why re-invent the wheel? or why fix it if it aint broken...

classic example is this... in higher animals, the bicep femoris is a fallacious term since the bicep in dogs for example has three heads instead of the usual two... now, the term was no longger changed because of its reference in terms of locale, use, etc etc... point is, why complicate things? i don't see the need to breakdown long used terminologies in the hopes of promoting your own array of terminologies no matter how scientifically sound they are... just improve nalang... kasi nga gumugulo...

True dat...you defintely won't get a model body in those "sosyal" establishments.  I've been a member of them as well, and most of the "model" types in those places take steroids.  I've watched them train, and there's NO WAY that they could get results training the way they do naturally.

I want to make it clear to the lurkers that you shouldn't be fooled by what you see in those gyms.  There are a great deal of "dirty little secrets" in the mainstream modeling and fitness industry.

Hmmm... information such as this is very helpful... it demystifies all the illusion of how really models work out.

Hmmm... information such as this is very helpful... it demystifies all the illusion of how really models work out.

We even had a guy once who wanted to compete in the Mossimo bikini summit (he came in 4 months ago). With his genetics we could have easily had him in shape in 3 months or less, and natural. He kept mentioning how his training was before and would continue to question how he could get into shape if we wouldn't give him steroids. He kept giving us the names of his trainers at his well-known gym before who were also his dealers. We kept insisting that he look around at our members and at ourselves. While he agreed with the evidence, he didn't appear to believe that it was possible for him to get into shape naturally, citing how many others he knew who were using.

He didn't come back again after that day. He even admitted to someone that we both knew that our principles seemed sound, but he just couldn't accept that it could be done naturally in such a limited amount of time.

I also had a meeting with a large men's magazine editor. His jaw was on the floor when I told him various stories about the male modeling industry. He was even somewhat upset that I say such sweeping statements. After I left, I was told that he asked two guys in the office who were professional models in the past. They admitted that steroids were basically a given when it came to modeling. Even one of the guys admitted to taking them recently. Needless to say that the editor was blown away...since he, like everyone else always assumed everything to be sweet and rosy.

Again, it can easily be done naturally if your training and diet are sound, but don't be fooled by guys who seem to know nothing about working out yet still appear just a "little" too gifted.

you really cant blame them models... they make money with the way they look... and competition can be stiff... so steroids do give you that extra edge especially in that level...

C'mon now...these guys who are models weigh 145lbs. When I was in college and couldn't afford to eat anything other than noodles, eggs, and peanuts and weighed 150lbs but was a ripped powerlifter, I would get cornered by everyone (even girls) who would say "tell me the truth...do you take steroids?" I was like "what the hell?!? I can barely afford food!"

I just watched my diet and trained with heavy compound movements 3 days per week and did conditioning work as well.

Right now I have a large number of guys who train with us who are in the same or better shape than I was then back in school. It all comes down to training.

If you are a model who needs steroids to reach 145lbs lean (to achieve a look like Mossimo), then it's time to take a critical look at your training. The level of most of these guys can be achieved in 3-6 months. Their "level" is not even competitive on an international scale. Most underwear models abroad, for example, need to weigh at least 175lbs lean.

you really cant blame them models... they make money with the way they look... and competition can be stiff... so steroids do give you that extra edge especially in that level...

Unfortunately, models get hooked to steroids solely for that reason alone, to make money. Often, they end up neglecting their health.

What's important to point out is that Eclipseguy is telling us that it's possible to have a model's body without resorting to bad stuff. Steroids shouldn't be a standard in the modeling industry or in any industry for that matter. Else, we'll have our future kids look up to them as role models.

-cassio

"competition can be stiff"

Another dirty (naughty) little secret of the male modeling world with respect to what happens behind the scenes? :lol:

I'm in a weird mood....don't pay any attention to me :P

Let's consider the following points:

1) Those who got "results" might be genetically gifted.

2) Those who got "results" might have also been doing heavy basic movements in addition to "isolation" movements, and it contributed far more than these "isolation" movements. Even at our gym we have guys who do our program and then scurry around at the end of their workout doing a few sets of ab work or closing curls. Even these guys know better, but habits are hard to break, as they admit. Is credit attributed to their core program or their "last second" work? As I tell new guys, usually the guys who avoid the "extra" get better results because they are less likely to overtrain.

Those who witness these guys doing these extra movements might be led to believe that the "extra" helped. Again, I have guys who do extra and guys who don't. The results are nearly identical.

3) Bodybuilding magazines depend on variety, and nothing gives more variety than "isolation" movements. Otherwise low-talented writers would run out of things to discuss within 6 issues. If you've ever read strength training periodicals like Milo, you'll find it to be far more educational...but very dry, undramatic, and frankly boring if you are not looking for something specific.

As I always say, you will get far more bicep development from lowering a set 5 reps with 245lb dynamic barbell bent-rows than you will ever achieve from 85lb barbell "bicep" curls. 245lbs is a common working weight for guys with 4-5 months of training. Most guys can rep 185 for 6-10 reps.

Again, guys will run around messing with 25lb dumbbells after their biceps were already fried from the rows. Follow the logic and the conclusion is clear.

Forgot to mention, last week me and some of the asst. coaches were toying with the thought of how much we can curl... I managed to curl 90 lbs and I haven't done any direct bicep work in ages, except I can manage to rep 225 in dynamic bent ros and do 8 pullups with 45 lbs strapped to my waist.

love of money really turns everything upside down... jst a sad realization... pero anyway, yup... at least i know dat models too take steroids, ang alam ko lang dati, only bodybuilders use them.. in this light is it safe to assume carlos agassi take steroids? mukha siya kasing bato

love of money really turns everything upside down... jst a sad realization... pero anyway, yup... at least i know dat models too take steroids, ang alam ko lang dati, only bodybuilders use them.. in this light is it safe to assume carlos agassi take steroids? mukha siya kasing bato

He does. If you guys see how he trains, it will make things even more obvious

Yup nagtake yon, obvious naman eh.

Guyz ano yung part ng body nyo di pantay? or alin ang mas develop na side ng body nyo.

Napansin ko lang na yung mga ibang models di talaga pantay ang muscle.

I saw a picture of Ronnie Coleman at yung back muscles nya di pantay, yung isang side slightly mas malaki.

Sa Wrestling napansin ko na di rin pantay ang Chest ni Chris Masters. Even Batista di rin pantay ang laki ng traps.

Sa kin naman mas malaki ang Left chest ko at Left Laterals.

No one is perfectly proportioned. This is also due to the fact that only a few people are purely ambidextrous

Yup nagtake yon, obvious naman eh.

Guyz ano yung part ng body nyo di pantay? or alin ang mas develop na side ng body nyo.

Napansin ko lang na yung mga ibang models di talaga pantay ang muscle.

I saw a picture of Ronnie Coleman at yung back muscles nya di pantay, yung isang side slightly mas malaki.

Sa Wrestling napansin ko na di rin pantay ang Chest ni Chris Masters. Even Batista di rin pantay ang laki ng traps.

Sa kin naman mas malaki ang Left chest ko at Left Laterals.

No one is perfectly proportioned. This is also due to the fact that only a few people are purely ambidextrous

I believe in a good diet and regular exercise both in cardio training, stretching and weight training. I also believe that one must not compare one's physical appearance with another because no two individual has the same genetic composition, lifestyle, age and fitness goals.

You have to know what you want to achieve and then your fitness routine will follow based on your goals. Fitness routines are different for someone who wants to join a bodybuilding contest to someone who wants to have a model's slim body to an average juan de la cruz that a smaller belly and healthier heart is all he is after.

:mtc: :cool:

i heard about his training sched... you have to give the guy credit... He really works his ass off... I think te's more addicted to working out and no the steroids... talk about a really killer workout guys....

then again it goes back to the fact that his bread and butter comes from the way he looks.... so he HAS to invest that kind of training... and so do models... eh paano tayo mga professionals or students or employees? ako personally the ideal for me would be mapagkamalan ako model pero trabaho is a bank manager or Quantum physics teacher or sumthing... hehehehehehe...

i heard about his training sched... you have to give the guy credit... He really works his ass off... I think te's more addicted to working out and no the steroids... talk about a really killer workout guys....

then again it goes back to the fact that his bread and butter comes from the way he looks.... so he HAS to invest that kind of training... and so do models... eh paano tayo mga professionals or students or employees?  ako personally the ideal for me would be mapagkamalan ako model pero trabaho is a bank manager or Quantum physics teacher or sumthing... hehehehehehe...

If just working out all of the time and doing it hard is all that it takes, more people would look like that. Steroids allow brutal workouts without overtraining. If you watch him train abs for 3 hours and he gets results, you know something is very wrong. This isn't including the tons of partial reps (rarely full movements) and other mindless training. Believe me when I say that people watch him and try to copy him...then they wonder why they get weaker/smaller. Again, overtraining is easy when you're drug-free.

If just working out all of the time and doing it hard is all that it takes, more people would look like that.  Steroids allow brutal workouts without overtraining.  If you watch him train abs for 3 hours and he gets results, you know something is very wrong.  This isn't including the tons of partial reps (rarely full movements) and other mindless training.  Believe me when I say that people watch him and try to copy him...then they wonder why they get weaker/smaller.  Again, overtraining is easy when you're drug-free.

I think the big mistake of many is that they copy the routines of these pro bodybuilders forgetting these guys take a lot drugs, probably enough to fill your local mercury drug and are genetically gifted.