Build A Model Body!

e baka naman take sya ng take ng creatine di naman sya nag wo workout.. puro daldalan inaatupag sa gym.. alam ba nya na di naman pampalake ng katawan ang creatine? hahaha..

kakatawa talaga..  madalas nga nakakakita ako locker room ng gym iinom ng creatine, tapos sa workout sus..halos di man lang pinagpapawisan e.. puro upo at daldalan lang pala aatupagin..  para san pa yung creatine nya.. :D

kaya nga wala yang theory theory na yan.. ako nga di ko alam mga tawag dun sa mga machine or workout na yan.. basta ginagamit ko lang..tapos..

Corect me if I am wrong, di ba Creatine is for energy? mag extra joss ka na lang... (mukhang mali yata tong advice ko na to)

considering na di nga lahat ng magbobote at kargador maganda katawan, e di din naman lahat ng nag gy gym maganda din katawan hahahaha..

pero u have to consider di naman nagpapaganda ng katawan yang mga kargador at magbobote.. wala lang talaga alam na pagkakakitaan para makakain.. e yung mga nag gy gym.. kuntodo supplements pa.. kuntodo theories..

madalas nga may nakikita ako, punta sa gym palakad lakad lang.. upo..daldal..lakad..upo.. bench press 5 reps.. lakad uli..lakad uli.. upo..daldal..chika.. at sa bandang huli bigla itataas sando nya sabay pose sa salamin ng gym.. wow.. anlaki ..anlaki ng salbabida sa tiyan hahaha!  :lol:

kahit malaki bilbil ko... hardworking talaga ako sa gym

Mga kuya wag po kayo mag away, mdyo nakaka feel me tension.

I used to be like that. Since my experience na ko I want to help others. Well Others think they no better. Minsan I end up being the bad guy. Tulad nga nung kwento ko don sa friend ko. Hinayaan ko sya. He lost a lot of money gaining nothing because he knows better that me eh..........

Kung ayaw makinig, hayaan nyo sila. Atleast nagawa nila yung gusto nila. Yung mga tama yung ginagawa di naman maiinjured instead they would improve.

Yung mga nagmamagaling they would end up from the beggining or worse they would get injured.

Yung iba naman na nagpapapturo yon na lang ang turuan naten.

actually, hindi naman pang-aaway yun. for me, nagcomment lang ako sa mga post na alam ko ay mali or medyo malabo. like what you said, we're here to help each other. kaya lang depende siguro sa taong binigyan mo ng comment how he take the comment. kung offensive sa kanya problema na niya yun. i would agree na we're here to help one another.

Base on what I have learn and experience:

1. Creatine is not pampalaki. Energy giving sya. Minsan masama kapag mali ang dosage are iniinom yon ng walang work out. Also di purkit nag ggym ka eh kelangan mo creatine. It depends on the program at goal. Better eat fish na lang na nilaga or steam.

2. Low body percentage would result to certain diseases. I forgot yung details. But yung guys should have 10%-5% fat at 15%-10% fat. The bottom line is di maganda yung todo cuts.

Energy souce ang fats.

1. Creatine helps improve phosphate production therefor giving it energy. It also saturates muscle cells with water therefore giving it the "pampalaki" reputation. Yes we already have creatine in our bodies. You either respond to it or don't. If you feel you're not responding, chances are you're not. Most creatine non-responders are guys who eat a lot of meat

2. Yes low bodyfat percentage is not healthy, unless you are genetically gifted. 10-15% is decent for men while 14-18% for women

I powerlift and olympic weightlift recreationally, I do jiu jitsu and as most guys, play basketball

Hey olympus mejo Ot to..san ka nag ju-jujitsu? and paano ba itsura nang katawan mo?..yung parang fit b tulad nang katawan nila Noiguera?..kc before nag g-grapple ako kaya lang parang hirap ipag sabay mag palaki ang mag grapple feeling ko hindi nag g-grow yung muscles kc imbis nag papahinga sila para lumaki na-s-stress din sa grappling.

Yan ang ibang misconception ng mga tao.  kapag pumupunta sa gym it's always magpalaki ng katawan.  siguro baguhin ko lang yung term ko imbes na magpataba ay magkaroon ng laman. 

i think okay na yung term ko.  "WE REALLY ALSO NEED FATS, IT HELP SUPPORT MUSCLE GROWTH. BUT THE HEALTHY KIND LIKE THE ONES FOUND IN FISH AND NUTS."  In what way can fats help support muscle growth?  Medyo hindi ko ata nabasa ito ng nag aaral pa ako.  Do you know the composition of your muscles.  With regards to my question, actions ng mucles sa katawan mo, I mean do you know how your muscles act, example: your biceps brachii, triceps, brachii, latissimus dorsi, etc

"ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS PRODUCES HORMONE-LIKE SUBSTANCE CALLED EICOSANOIDS, WHICH ARE INVOLVED IN MANY IMPORTANT BIOLOGICAL FUNCTIONS IN THE BODY. EFA ARE THE BUILDING BLOCKS FOR PROSTAGLANDINS WHICH WORK TO REGULATE HORMONES, IMMUNE AND NERVOUS SYSTEM PLUS CARDIOVASCULAR FUNCTION. "

IT HELPS REGULATE BLOOD FLOW, THERFORE HELPS THE MUSCLE, EVEN IN AN INDIRECT WAY.

"the (whole) muscle is composed of many strands of tissue called "fascicles". These are the strands of muscle that we see when we cut red meat or poultry. Each fascicle is composed of "fasciculi" which are bundles of "muscle fibers". The muscle fibers are in turn composed of tens of thousands of thread-like "myofybrils", which can contract, relax, and elongate (lengthen). The myofybrils are (in turn) composed of up to millions of bands laid end-to-end called "sarcomeres". Each sarcomere is made of overlapping thick and thin filaments called "myofilaments". The thick and thin myofilaments are made up of "contractile proteins", primarily actin and myosin."

THE BICEPS HAVE SEVERAL FUNCTIONS, THE MOST IMPORTANT IS BEING ABLE TO FLEX THE ELBOW AND TO ROTATE THE FOREARM. ETC.

I'M NOT PRETENDING THAT I KNOW MORE, I JUST SHARE THINGS THAT I SEE IN MY OWN OPINION.

I'M NOT SAYING ALL THESE THINGS WILL WORK FOR EVERYONE.

I'M NOT HERE TO TEACH, OR TO EDUCATE, OR TO CHALLENGE SOMEONE.

I'M JUST HERE TO SHARE MY OPINIONS.

;)

Base on what I have learn and experience:

1. Creatine is not pampalaki. Energy giving sya. Minsan masama kapag mali ang dosage are iniinom yon ng walang work out. Also di purkit nag ggym ka eh kelangan mo creatine. It depends on the program at goal. Better eat fish na lang na nilaga or steam.

2. Low body percentage would result to certain diseases. I forgot yung details. But yung guys should have 10%-5% fat at 15%-10% fat. The bottom line is di maganda yung todo cuts.

Energy souce ang fats.

you need fats in your diet to be able to process B vitamins, as these are fat soluble vitamins..and B vitamins help naman in utilizing carbohydrates to full use.. so it wont get stored as body fat..

basta dont overdo it..nuts are a good source of unsaturated fats.. so eat peanut butter..

also you need fat to burn body fat.. basta wag lang sobra.. since fat is not a good source of energy.. carbohydrates is.. so you gain more if you dont burn it.. fat burning occurs on low intensity workouts like brisk walking, hiking, slow jogging etc, and doing day to day chores..

kungsabagay, but most of them are... punta ka ng pier kahit saan man sa Pilipinas... halos lahat sa kanila magaganda ang katawan, me 8 pack pa yung iba.

sa divisoria nga lang merong dun baklang matadero e.. tagabuhat ng mga kinatay na baboy.. anlaki at ganda ng katawa, bato bato, talo pa mga masculados! hahaha.. anong sinabi ng creatine, protein drinks, tabatha theory, epoc, reps, sets, bruhahaha dyan hahahaha!

na feature sa TV yun e..

for me here are the types of person that goes to the gym:

Person 1:  I want to build strong and firm muscles.

Person 2:  Gusto kong magpapayat.

Person 3:  I want to have a good cardio.

Person 4:  La lang, naghuhunting lang ng mabibiktima.

Person 5:  For athletic purposes.

So an instructor, it's not dumb to ask the motive of your client before giving them any programs.  Ito kasi ang kulang sa ibang fitness instructor, bigay lang ng bigay ng program.  Kun sabagay, this is business, yung iba wala ng pakialam basta magkapera lang kaya kung ano anu ang binibigay.

e syempre trabaho lang nila bigyan ng training program ang isang client.. wala na sila pakialam dun kung ano ba goal nung tao.. kahit nga nung nasa eskwela pa tayo.. di naman lahat ng tinuturo ng teacher may saysay at may gamit.. basta may maituro lang..hehehee

kaya nga pinakamaganda, research on your own fitness program na you enjoy and will motivate you..

e syempre trabaho lang nila bigyan ng training program ang isang client.. wala na sila pakialam dun kung ano ba goal nung tao..  kahit nga nung nasa eskwela pa tayo.. di naman lahat ng tinuturo ng teacher may saysay at may gamit.. basta may maituro lang..hehehee

kaya nga pinakamaganda, research on your own fitness program na you enjoy and will motivate you..

eh paano yun kung yung research ko sa fitness ko is mas okay yung mga mabibigat at yung mga sinabi ni Olympus ay mas babagay sa mga gusto ko mangyari? does that mean na mali nanaman ako? Research na yun ha...

magkita kita na nga tayong lahat para mapakita ko sa inyong lahat kung gaanong ka laki ang katawan ko... (actually yun tiyan lang ang malaki sakin...) hehehehehehehehehhehe

Pareng Olympus, I shifted my workout as per your advice... I'm hiting 6 to 8 sets with minimum reps.. tried it yesterday with my chest and tricep... compartmentalized my workouts to push and pull...

I sort of simplified things a bit... before when i used to work out the low weight high rep thing i had to completely concentrate on putting stress on the correct muscle... concentrate... concentrate... hehehehehe

yesterday, all i had to do was to concentrate on getting the damn weight up!!! mas simple diba! hahahahahhaahha... started off my routine with a 12 rep weight set then gradually increased the weight in increments of 10 kilos with a 45 second rest in between till i got to a point when i could only do 1 rep without spot... then tapos na... did that with 3 exercises per push muscle body part, so chest-tricep...

sarap! I don't get the painful feeling as much though, sa tingin ko kulang sa stress... but anyways i'll give this low rep high weight a chance... maybe for about 2 to 3 weeks... see what happens... today its back bicep... I hate bicep work out... nakaka pikon... ang hapdi....

Hey olympus mejo Ot to..san ka nag ju-jujitsu? and paano ba itsura nang katawan mo?..yung parang fit b tulad nang katawan nila Noiguera?..kc before nag g-grapple ako kaya lang parang hirap ipag sabay mag palaki ang mag grapple feeling ko hindi nag g-grow yung muscles kc imbis nag papahinga sila para lumaki na-s-stress din sa grappling.

newbreed academy pasig ako. I probably have a similar built to that of fitness expert Pavel Tsatsouline. You can gain size and train in sports, it will boil down to your recovery and diet

"ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS PRODUCES HORMONE-LIKE SUBSTANCE CALLED EICOSANOIDS, WHICH ARE INVOLVED IN MANY IMPORTANT BIOLOGICAL FUNCTIONS IN THE BODY. EFA ARE THE BUILDING BLOCKS FOR PROSTAGLANDINS WHICH WORK TO REGULATE HORMONES, IMMUNE AND NERVOUS SYSTEM PLUS CARDIOVASCULAR FUNCTION. "

IT HELPS REGULATE BLOOD FLOW, THERFORE HELPS THE MUSCLE, EVEN IN AN INDIRECT WAY.

"the (whole) muscle is composed of many strands of tissue called "fascicles". These are the strands of muscle that we see when we cut red meat or poultry. Each fascicle is composed of "fasciculi" which are bundles of "muscle fibers". The muscle fibers are in turn composed of tens of thousands of thread-like "myofybrils", which can contract, relax, and elongate (lengthen). The myofybrils are (in turn) composed of up to millions of bands laid end-to-end called "sarcomeres". Each sarcomere is made of overlapping thick and thin filaments called "myofilaments". The thick and thin myofilaments are made up of "contractile proteins", primarily actin and myosin."

THE BICEPS HAVE SEVERAL FUNCTIONS, THE MOST IMPORTANT IS BEING ABLE TO FLEX THE ELBOW AND TO ROTATE THE FOREARM. ETC.

I'M NOT PRETENDING THAT I KNOW MORE, I JUST SHARE THINGS THAT I SEE IN MY OWN OPINION.

I'M NOT SAYING ALL THESE THINGS WILL WORK FOR EVERYONE.

I'M NOT HERE TO TEACH, OR TO EDUCATE, OR TO CHALLENGE SOMEONE.

I'M JUST HERE TO SHARE MY OPINIONS.

;)

Aside from being a dynamic stabilizer in all elbow extension exercises, the only function of a bicep is elbow flexion. ... What other functions do you mean?

magkita kita na nga tayong lahat para mapakita ko sa inyong lahat kung gaanong ka laki ang katawan ko... (actually yun tiyan lang ang malaki sakin...) hehehehehehehehehhehe

Pareng Olympus, I shifted my workout as per your advice... I'm hiting 6 to 8 sets with minimum reps.. tried it yesterday with my chest and tricep... compartmentalized my workouts to push and pull...

I sort of simplified things a bit... before when i used to work out the low weight high rep thing i had to completely concentrate on putting stress on the correct muscle... concentrate... concentrate... hehehehehe

yesterday, all i had to do was to concentrate on getting the damn weight up!!! mas simple diba! hahahahahhaahha... started off my routine with a 12 rep weight set then gradually increased the weight in increments of 10 kilos with a 45 second rest in between till i got to a point when i could only do 1 rep without spot... then tapos na... did that with 3 exercises per push muscle body part, so chest-tricep... 

sarap!  I don't get the painful feeling as much though, sa tingin ko kulang sa stress... but anyways i'll give this low rep high weight a chance... maybe for about 2 to 3 weeks... see what happens...  today its back bicep... I hate bicep work out... nakaka pikon... ang hapdi....

Told you so... simplify it and stick to the basics. Most guys who used to think their arms will shrink if they stopped doing curls and extensions were actually surprised that they gained an inch in their arms when they put focus on the heavy bench presses, overhead presses, rows and weighted pullups

eh paano yun kung yung research ko sa fitness ko is mas okay yung mga mabibigat at yung mga sinabi ni Olympus ay mas babagay sa mga gusto ko mangyari? does that mean na mali nanaman ako? Research na yun ha...

yun na nga mali na nga kaya malaki pa din tyan mo e... hehehe.. tama ba pa yan sa tingin mo? paliitin mo muna tyan mo bago ka magpalaki ng muscles.

Does this apply to skinny fat guys as well?

is there such a thing? hehehe.. :D

most people build fat around the midsection, there is no other way you can burn that fat by lifting heavy

otherwise you will look like a local movie goons or a niteclub bouncer .. rather than looking like a model. ansama ng itsura hahaha :lol:

i dont get the point building muscle when you still have lots of fat on your midsection..

Hmmm cge na nga.

Last Apr 06 I attended a Seminar in UP Diliman which was host by AFPP.....

The last of the half day Seminar featured a Former Mr. Philippines and a Power Lifter Coach. One of the guyz was Hercules Callanta.

According to them there is a thing called periodization........

Talagang darating yung panahon ng mas slow down ang body mo. From your peak or best shape mag Plateu/Platue ang body mo.

Also when you are preparing for a contest lets say yung posing ng mga body builders you have to plan your program. Lets say one yr ang preparation mo.

Mga 4months heavy sets ka. No cardio, less reps more sets. Dito lalaki ang tyan mo. Mag gagain ka din ng muscle mass.

The next 4 months, magstart ka na ng less sets more sets. Parang preparation for cut down. Also may konting tyan ka pa rin.

The last 4 months would be complicated. Dito ka na mag high reps. More cardio. Cuts na ang program mo.

Yaan ang ginagawa nung guy na former Mr. Philippines.

According to him, minsan akala mo mali yung ginagawa ng kagym mo. Pero ala kang magagawa don kasi kanya kanyang diskarte yan.

According to the powerlifter coach. Sa sport nila ala silang paki sa figure. TAlagang malalaki ang tyan ng iba sa kanila. The point of the sport is to surpass your previous ONE MAX rep.

They both agreed na di purket na ggym ka eh nagpapaganda ka na ng katawan. Some athletes go on gym for improving their athletic performance base on the needs of theirs sports.

Hercules Callanta CSCS is the mentor of one of my colleagues.

I guess they discussed a typical periodization model for bodybuilders. However, the Mr Phils. guys forgot to mention one important factor when in pre-contest phase. Can't blame the guy since our research and science here isn't that up to date. Hopefully in the futre, one can discuss the conjugate and undulating method of periodization.

I agree, methods are many, principles ar few, methods often change, principles never do.

There are several factors to consider in a workout... one would be the goal and the risk factors of the individual