Build A Model Body!

I suggest you take it easy on the carbs. No rice, no bread, no pasta, no corn, etc. If you must, go for complex carbs such as wholewheat bread and brown rice. Or take your carbs only in the morning, to fuel your day.

It also helps if you work out on an empty stomach, like in the morning, before breakfast. Body fat (what you're trying to get rid of) is used as fuel for your workout. Then breakfast right after, when your metabolism is still revving. You'll be burning more calories than usual.

Fasted cardio makes no significant impact on burning your fat. It wil only put you in a catabolic state. Energy system work is best done after working out.

to shrink the love handles significantly, u must get to 10% or less body fat...and u can't achieve this simply by lifting weights. u need lots of cardio and a proper diet. OR steroids haha.  :D

and yes, it's not generally recommended to train with weights for ur obliques IF u want model abs.

i have read somewhere that when u'r doing abs, u do it in sequence: lower abs first, then lower obliques, then upper obliques, then the upper abs. m following this regimen. any comments?

Abs are made in the kithen, not in the gym. Hevy compound exercises, a decent energy system routine and a good diet will produce better results than training your abs directly.

If and when core work is needed, abdominal stability, rotationan work, then direct contraction work would be the best way to work your abs. Remembr, fucntion over form first

People in the gym's house, im a beginner of having gym, bec, im targeting this coming august in a photo shoot with a lingerie stuffs, the prob is im a little bit fat. im working out in a gym everyday, but if im not working out im in the badminton court just to play badminton. i am depressed when i go to the gym my weight is almost 80kg. but before my weight is just 149llbs. i dnt know if my program in the gym is right, This is my program:

1. crunches

2. poleside bending

3. seated knee up

4. lower back extension

5. db press

6. db flyes

7. lev grip

8. back grip

9. leg curl

10. swatting

11. db tri

i am so depress..... please do help me..... im targeting in this coming august to have a nice ass and sexy body like my body before....

EMAIL ME.......... Im Lonly!!!!! Dont know what to do...

People in the gym's house, im a beginner of having gym, bec, im targeting this coming august in a photo shoot with a lingerie stuffs, the prob is im a little bit fat. im working out in a gym everyday, but if im not working out im in the badminton court just to play badminton. i am depressed when i go to the gym my weight is almost 80kg. but before my weight is just 149llbs. i dnt know if my program in the gym is right, This is my program:

1. crunches

2. poleside bending

3. seated knee up

4. lower back extension

5. db press

6. db flyes

7. lev grip

8. back grip

9. leg curl

10. swatting

11. db tri

i am so depress..... please do help me..... im targeting in this coming august to have a nice ass and sexy body like my body before....

EMAIL ME..........  Im Lonly!!!!!  Dont know what to do...

First, I've got to say I'm learning a lot here....

Lonely girl - I'm not quite sure what you really want...

yeah same here... so lonely girl, are you aiming to trim down? firm and tone your muscles?

question ulet guys. i have a friend who had an acl injury before. he would like to get fit again. what type of cardio workouts can you recommend for him? i can only think of biking and rowing kasi all the cardio workout i perform has a great impact on the knees (running, jumping rope).

another question: what do you think of the fat burning zone theory? do you believe in such practice?

ive been reading online articles as you have suggested, again, olympus, thanks for that great link you posted. i shared it with my friends na rin para may kasama ako minsan.

1. crunches

2. poleside bending

3. seated knee up

4. lower back extension

5. db press

6. db flyes

7. lev grip

8. back grip

9. leg curl

10. swatting

11. db tri

tip lang,

your exercise routine seems to ok,

most problems are, when your doing your exercises YOU ARE NOT CONCENTRATING.

concentrating means think of the muscle and feeling it work. kung para saan yung exercise dapat yung muscle n yun ang nag-wo-work.

dapat palagi proper form. hindi important yung bigat, kasi when you do it in a proper form you will target the muscle efficiently.

do a lot of repetition with light weights. use the count of 20,15,12, and 10. do 4 sets each exercise.

and do cardio. 30 - 45 mins. kung di mo kaya ng ganung katagal on the first time, do a lower time first and try to increase it.

hoped i help you.

thanks

peace.

:thumbsupsmiley:

tip lang,

your exercise routine seems to ok,

most problems are, when your doing your exercises YOU ARE NOT CONCENTRATING.

concentrating means think of the muscle and feeling it work. kung para saan yung exercise dapat yung muscle n yun ang nag-wo-work.

dapat palagi proper form. hindi important yung bigat, kasi when you do it in a proper form you will target the muscle efficiently.

do a lot of repetition with light weights. use the count of 20,15,12, and 10.  do 4 sets each exercise.

and do cardio. 30 - 45 mins. kung di mo kaya ng ganung katagal on the first time, do a lower time first and try to increase it.

hoped i help you.

thanks

peace.

:thumbsupsmiley:

I highly agree with guile, concentration and form are the most important things... when you contract squeeze your muscles... experience-wise, i really don't lift heavy compared to my contemporaries in the gym but I still get the same results. I used to feel intimidated that i can lift less but now hindi na... pero important thing, if you really want to build mass, you have to lift heavy.

1. crunches

2. poleside bending

3. seated knee up

4. lower back extension

5. db press

6. db flyes

7. lev grip

8. back grip

9. leg curl

10. swatting

11. db tri

I agree with everyone that you need to focus. Isolation movements are useless in helping you burn that fat. Your objective is to get an exercise routine that would rev up your metabolism for a long period of time.

What gym do you go to? it seems you need someone to motivate you to train

yeah same here... so lonely girl, are you aiming to trim down? firm and tone your muscles?

question ulet guys. i have a friend who had an acl injury before. he would like to get fit again. what type of cardio workouts can you recommend for him? i can only think of biking and rowing kasi all the cardio workout i perform has a great impact on the knees (running, jumping rope).

another question: what do you think of the fat burning zone theory? do you believe in such practice?

ive been reading online articles as you have suggested, again, olympus, thanks for that great link you posted. i shared it with my friends na rin para may kasama ako minsan.

How has his knee healed? Has it undergone reconstructive surgery? the best exercise is anything that would not put any unnecessary stress on the knees. Rowing and transport would be good choices

The fat burning zone has little truths to it. What you are after in any exercise is EPOC (excess post oxygen consumption) meaning we're looking for exercises that would rev up your metabolism long after you have finished your workout.

What article did you share?

in regards to lonly grls query, i thinkyou need to go on a serious diet. before any of you chop my head off, let me explain:

In our society, the perception of beauty in women is thinness... Sad but true... Its only now that I think fit and topne women are beautiful and more beautiful than thin women but generally here, thin women are the benchmark for beauty. Yes you can lose weight in working out and lose it forever however, an intense diet program with intense cardio is the Fastest Way to lose weight... as in... starve yerself and run like crazy... Im not saying its healthy... but thats how women here get pretty and lose weight... thats the fastest... if you work out kasi, lalaki ka pa ng konti becuse of gaining muscle size then bigla kang babagsak... I'm assuming that you don't have that much energy in the first place kasi beginner... So save all the precious energy that you have and just diet and run... pag medyo lumakas ng konti yung resistance mo and you've lost an ample amount of weight, then consider tone... As i said, this is NOT HEALTHY... but its fast and effective...

in regards to lonly grls query, i thinkyou need to go on a serious diet. before any of you chop my head off, let me explain:

In our society, the perception of beauty in women is thinness... Sad but true... Its only now that I think fit and topne women are beautiful and more beautiful than thin women but generally here, thin women are the benchmark for beauty.  Yes you can lose weight in working out and lose it forever however, an intense diet program with intense cardio is the Fastest Way to lose weight... as in... starve yerself and run like crazy...  Im not saying its healthy... but thats how women here get pretty and lose weight... thats the fastest... if you work out kasi, lalaki ka pa ng konti becuse of gaining muscle size then bigla kang babagsak... I'm assuming that you don't have that much energy in the first place kasi beginner... So save all the precious energy that you have and just diet and run... pag medyo lumakas ng konti yung resistance mo and you've lost an ample amount of weight, then consider tone... As i said, this is NOT HEALTHY... but its fast and effective...

Why would you advice something that isn't healthy?

Liposuction is always an option ......

In our society, the perception of beauty in women is thinness... Sad but true... Its only now that I think fit and topne women are beautiful and more beautiful than thin women but generally here, thin women are the benchmark for beauty.  Yes you can lose weight in working out and lose it forever however, an intense diet program with intense cardio is the Fastest Way to lose weight... as in... starve yerself and run like crazy...  Im not saying its healthy... but thats how women here get pretty and lose weight... thats the fastest... if you work out kasi, lalaki ka pa ng konti becuse of gaining muscle size then bigla kang babagsak... I'm assuming that you don't have that much energy in the first place kasi beginner... So save all the precious energy that you have and just diet and run... pag medyo lumakas ng konti yung resistance mo and you've lost an ample amount of weight, then consider tone... As i said, this is NOT HEALTHY... but its fast and effective...

eh kasi minsan its about the lesser of two evils eh... and the amount of time it takes to get results... for example, bariatric surgery... Can you imagine having part of your stomach removed so that you can only effectively absorb only ten percent of what you eat? you literally eat and poop on almost the same hour kasi everything just passes through... and you surgically remove a part of an integral organ that yer basically born with disrupting lord know how many life sustaining processes etc... thats really unhealthy... but consider the alternative... You are 450 pounds and yer just a walking time bomb with yer heart ready to go at any moment... lose yer stomach or lose yer heart?

same thing sometimes... note SOMETIMES only... I think its healthier for the psyche if she gets pretty and slim a lot faster since she did say that she was depressed... If she's already at that point, the fastest and not necessarily the healthiest method should do it... Once she has some of her self esteem going and her psyche has healed up a bit... then she can consider healthier alternatives... That kind of diet won't k*ll her at least i hope not... it will leave some sort of trauma or damage on the body... but it can heal... more important here is her initiative to pick herself up as fast as she can... then when she can handle it, she should come back to us again and consider healthier options... :D thats just my belief... Ive seen a lot of people who are fat and just totally lose to it... it takes a certain type of person to get themseleves up from a rut like that... a lot of times people fail because the don't see results fast enough or because they feel that their doing things in vain... faster is sometimes better... not always... check in balance parin...

I agree with that but as i said, the problem is sometimes multi faceted... lesser of two evils baga... If she does it the correct way, and she does not get results, she is risking her loss of fervor for her weight loss program... self motivation is a rare thing to have... more often than not it's a skill that is developed, not a talent... If she is already at the point of depression, why dig a deeper hole by making her go through so much effort with minimal gains in the first part...? Fast results dapat initially FOR A PERSON IN THAT KIND OF A PREDICAMENT so that they can find the will to pick themselves up faster... Now, if yer on the fat side and you just want to lose weight but you don't feel strongly about yer weight problem but just want to address it, then go for the right way because that is the correct attitude. You're not pressured to get reults.. Your mental health is not too entirely dependent on the speed of the results...

kind of agree with equus.

some people do need to see results FAST to get encouraged to take the next step. and some people needed fast results for the results themselves. in the end, to each his own.

even doctors nowadays realize that. and not a few of them would even recommend that obese people get into low carb/high-protein diet (Atkins and Southbeach diets) JUST TO BRING DOWN THEIR WEIGHTS to near-normal levels. thereafter, they'd recommend a switch to more balanced diet AND exercises to lose weight some more or at least maintain the gains from the crash diets. if u get 50% of the people who lost 15-20 lbs using crash diets to take the next step and decide to tone their bodies by resorting to healthy food intake and exercise, then i guess that's good enough, statistically-speaking.

from a medical perspective, there r really verifiable gains from low-carb/high-protein crash diets. going low carb means less food choices so the person inadvertently cut down on calories too. less sugars lower ur insulin level so u don't have hunger pangs. protein is harder to burn thus u use up more energy...from where? fat reserves. burning fat produce ketones, w/c further suppress appetite. Yeah, in the long-run this diet is unhealthy...but given a choice between risking ur health by being obese and going for an unhealthy diet for only 1-2 mos? the damaging effects of obesity are cumulative...there are no known long-term side-effects of short-term crash diets. so i guess the choice is quite easy.

I used to be a gym owner and i ran a gym for quite some time... I learned a lot of things from that place...

most important thing is that not everybody is like me.. both physically and more importantly mentally... classic example, my girlfriend has always been the athletic bordering on thin body type... when she got together with me she started gaining weight... now she's not fat but she's not as sexy as before... and she can seem to lose the weight... y? because unlike me, who has always been fat, she cannot seem to comprehend the effort it takes to really lose weight unlik me who has always been sturggling... pohtah, work out dito, cardio dun, climb... anything i can do to just keep the pounds off...

so thats the thing really, the mind set is just as important and sometimes more important than the program itself... especially on the onset...

For people in lonlygrl's case, incentive and progress has to come fast and furiously so that she can tell herself..."See? kaya ko pala eh... pero nakakahina.. subukan nga natin yung mga ibang siasabi nila sa mtc na mas healthy... ang sarap kasi ng pakiramdam na ito eh na sexy ako... ayoko na tumaba ulit..."

SORRY, WRONG SPELLING YUNG IBA AT KULANG SA WORDS..

I used to be a gym owner and i ran a gym for quite some time... I learned a lot of things from that place...

the most important thing i learned is that not everybody is like me.. both physically and more importantly mentally... classic example, my girlfriend has always been the athletic bordering on thin body type... when she got together with me she started gaining weight... now she's not fat but she's not as sexy as before... and she can't seem to lose the weight... Why? because unlike me, who has always been fat, she cannot seem to comprehend the effort it takes to really lose weight unlike me who has always been struggling... pohtah, work out dito, cardio dun, climb... anything i can do to just keep the pounds off... So now konting work out lang she feels na okay na yun...

so thats the thing really, the mind set is just as important and sometimes more important than the program itself... especially on the onset...

For people in lonlygrl's case, incentive and progress has to come fast and furiously so that she can tell herself..."See? kaya ko pala eh... pero nakakahina.. subukan nga natin yung mga ibang siasabi nila sa mtc na mas healthy... ang sarap kasi ng pakiramdam na ito eh na sexy ako... ayoko na tumaba ulit..."

1. crunches

2. poleside bending

3. seated knee up

4. lower back extension

5. db press

6. db flyes

7. lev grip

8. back grip

9. leg curl

10. swatting

11. db tri

just run run run!

running is the best exercise to lose weight and burn fat..

forget about those stupid weights! it wont get you anywhere

much better if you run on the roads than on the treadmill. Treadmill running is no good. You dont have toe push off with the treadmill.

so in essence.. forget the gym.. withdraw your money.. get a nice pair of runnnig shoes.. and wake up early and run on the road!

the longer you run the better you burn fat.. and dont listen to what supposed to be fitness guru's here are suggesting.. your main focus is losing weight and burning fat..

I agree with everyone that you need to focus. Isolation movements are useless in helping you burn that fat. Your objective is to get an exercise routine that would rev up your metabolism for a long period of time.

What gym do you go to? it seems you need someone to motivate you to train

hep.. you are again suggesting very WRONG tips!

her main goal is to lose weight not to build muscles. please next time, check if you are knowledgeable as a fitness trainer before you make suggestions.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

you have a different goal from her goal.. her goal is to lose weight, your goal is to bulk up..

running is bad on your knees if

1) you wear the wrong shoes

2) you run on uneven hard roads

so buy the best, well cushioned, good support running shoes..(those that are priced at 4k pesos and up), and run on grass or asphalt or in a track oval..

another option which is the closest to running is using an elliptical trainer.. you might have seen this in a gym.. but its like a cross between a stairclimber and an stationary bike (no seat).. so you are standing... it has no impact..