Build A Model Body!

everybody is different, we all have different body types.

so what works for you may not work with the next guy.

but there are general truths. these truths are true to most of us but not to all of us. best thing is, you have to listen to your own body. and must have some basic knowledge about the sport.

background, do weight lifting 4x a week, moderate to heavy weights, cardio 4x a week per 25min non-stop (trendmill). but only started doing cario for 2 weeks palang. getting good results naman. medyo may form na upper abs ko,

problem, lower abs. it looks like it does not respond well like the upper part. a lower abs is not that fat naman pero meron pa rin fat.

question

1. do i increase my cardio time?

2, do i increase the number of my ab exersices?

3. your suggestions pls.

thanks

background, do weight lifting 4x a week, moderate to heavy weights, cardio 4x  a week per 25min non-stop (trendmill).  but only started doing cario for 2 weeks palang. getting good results naman. medyo may form na upper abs ko,

problem, lower abs. it looks like it does not respond well like the upper part. a lower abs is not that fat naman pero meron pa rin fat.

question

1. do i increase my cardio time?

2, do i increase the number of my ab exersices?

3. your suggestions pls.

thanks

1. Improve your diet. The lower ab region cannot be isolated. That is one of the endless gym myths around. Get your diet in check and your six pack will appear

2. Provided you are following a good diet, try some HIIT and see if it helps you burn fat even more

hell yeah, ika nga sa ibang threads.... "FR na lang" kung sakaling naging model ka na hehe!

its up to you kung ano program trip nyo gawin. kung di gumana eh di hanap ka ibang program. just dont declare that your program is the righteous one. di naman tayo pare-pareho ng katawan eh. what worked for me might not work for you.. gets? share lang ng share para malaman ng iba kung ano gumana for you... kung san ka enjoy dun ka.

key to having an effective workout is to make it fun :) try competitive sports with your friends, play badminton, basketball, do mountain climbing, biking, etc....

Just to give a thought... building a model-like body seemed to be a very hard... discipline with food, exercise routines and genetics also play a role...

Ako naman, I've been working out on and off trying to lose weight (and gaining it back again)... It's been two months that I've worked out trying to lose fat... In my experience I first lost the fat near the in the arms, neck, and shoulders area. I guess the hardest and last thing thing to shrink are the abs and the thighs... I still have to work on my diet.

Just to give a thought... building a model-like body seemed to be a very hard... discipline with food, exercise routines and genetics also play a role...

Ako naman, I've been working out on and off trying to lose weight (and gaining it back again)... It's been two months that I've worked out trying to lose fat... In my experience I first lost the fat near the in the arms, neck, and shoulders area. I guess the hardest and last thing thing to shrink are the abs and the thighs... I still have to work on my diet.

How long have you been working on it?

hehehehhe... yer so critical naman Olympus...

I agree though, internet has better and sometimes more dependable info... Sometimes lang nga sa internet it feels like you're a guy going to a massage parlor with Sooooo many girls to choose from sa sobrang amount of info that you can choose from... di ka makapili kung anong okay sayo... kekelanganin mo ng F.R. from someone else who has experienced it... tapos minsan may sumpung kasi okay naman sa iba tapos pag dating sayo parang wala lang... but there are some na sobrang okay para sa lahat!!! ganun talaga... :D

hehehehhe... yer so critical naman Olympus...

I agree though, internet has better and sometimes more dependable info... Sometimes lang nga sa internet it feels like you're a guy going to a massage parlor with Sooooo many girls to choose from sa sobrang amount of info that you can choose from... di ka makapili kung anong okay sayo... kekelanganin mo ng F.R. from someone else who has experienced it... tapos minsan may sumpung kasi okay naman sa iba tapos pag dating sayo parang wala lang... but there are some na sobrang okay para sa lahat!!! ganun talaga... :D

Definitely true. There's this piece of advice that I always remembered: "Methods are many, principles are few, methods often change, principles never do"

the hardest to shrink is the fat on the side of the stomach...

anyone knows how to remove it?

not with weights i suppose.. some say doing weights on your side obliques makes it bigger..

ive seen fat runners... hehehehe... im getting pretty cut up as it is but they still better than me... cardio i'd say plays about 30 percent of the effort... tapos 40 percent yung tamang pagkain... the last of the 30 percent would be the genetics... thats my un-scientific opinion though... no basis whatsoever... kasi may mga tao ang matagal na at ang lakas tumakbo, di pumapayat... may mga tao di tumatakbo at all, payat... may mga tao di nag work out, nad dyeta, namayat... may mga tao naman maski anong work out nila ng abs, absent paren yung abs... pero yung may mga abs naman hayop mag work out ng abs... minsan umaabot ng 8-12 types of work out...... haaaaaaaaaay... hirap talaga...

Based also on my GCN readings

- There is no such thing as spot reduction .....

GNC advocates training that builds up muscles for the entire body spacially the major muscles like

thighs, calves, back, chest etc...

Muscles are tissues, while Fat is a substance .....

The precense of dense muscles allows one to burn excess calories even without working out....

When your body is ables to equalize or to deplete whatever calories taken, there will be no excess of it and no fat will be deposited in your system

Another quick and effective way is through Liposuction. In this method, the unwanted substances are removed right from the spot.

not with weights i suppose.. some say doing weights on your side obliques makes it bigger..

How long have you been working on it?

For two months, I think... I really invested for an expensive gym for a good program and I'm glad that it's working (or so I think but my barkada say so) pero yun na nga... I'm glad my shoulders and arms look great but my chest and the abdomen area looks really nasty...

Regarding my chests - i used to be obese that's why I have this layer of fat on top of the chest muscles... i know i have developed chests kasi sabi nila na you can move ur chest by just contracting it at will, e nagagawa ko naman, kaya lang di ko gusto yung taba on top of it...

My abs naman, problema ko rin... I have a flat front and i can see some ab muscle lining on it pero ang laki ng side handles... parang hopeless yata ako dito, baka ipa-lipo ko na lang to kung di talaga matanggal sa gym. :thumbsupsmiley:

I work out 3x times a week, lift weights (Hi rep, low weights) and run on treadmill for 25-30 minutes... Am I doing good? Inputs naman diyan mga bros... Tnx.

my advice is that you do what yer doing but try to change the frequency of yer workouts... I m on a 3 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 1 day off work out program... di gumagana sakin yung every other day... feels like kulang yung stress sa body... this type of work out you reall stress it nicely so yer body doesn't get the chance to adapt sooo easily...

1. Improve your diet. The lower ab region cannot be isolated. That is one of the endless gym myths around. Get your diet in check and your six pack will appear

2. Provided you are following a good diet, try some HIIT and see if it helps you burn fat even more

my diet is

monday to friday

Beakfast

6 egg whites (large)

60g Corned Beef (fat removed)

1 cup white rice

lunch

2 cup white rice

1 chicken breast

1/2 cup soup (knorr soup)

dinner

1 cup white rice

6 egg whites (large)

i dont want to do HIIT becomes i'm not trying to loss weight, and im my opinion total body fat ang reduce nun. medyo lower ab fat lang po ang problem ko.

hope you can suggest.

my diet is

monday to friday

Beakfast

6 egg whites (large)

1 cup white rice

lunch

2 cup white rice

1 chicken breast

dinner

1 cup white rice

6 egg whites (large)

i dont want to do HIIT becomes i'm not trying to loss weight,  and im my opinion total body fat ang reduce nun. medyo lower ab fat lang po ang problem ko.

hope you can suggest.

You can't spot reduce. You have to lose fat in the whole body

anyone here reading men's health usa/phil edition? theyve got nice articles there.. especially this month, articles on how to measure/be a fit man... good stuff :)

guys should invest on stuff like this rin to know more

forgive me guys but men's health is like FHM. too many pictures for the posers and sissy workout plans.

try other more serious bodybuilding mags if u'r into that...the ones which u can say are the counterpart of ur XXX subscription. :thumbsupsmiley:

and i agree with Olympus. go search the web. best thing abt it is it's for free.

to shrink the love handles significantly, u must get to 10% or less body fat...and u can't achieve this simply by lifting weights. u need lots of cardio and a proper diet. OR steroids haha. :D

and yes, it's not generally recommended to train with weights for ur obliques IF u want model abs.

i have read somewhere that when u'r doing abs, u do it in sequence: lower abs first, then lower obliques, then upper obliques, then the upper abs. m following this regimen. any comments?

my diet is

monday to friday

Beakfast

6 egg whites (large)

1 cup white rice

lunch

2 cup white rice

1 chicken breast

dinner

1 cup white rice

6 egg whites (large)

i dont want to do HIIT becomes i'm not trying to loss weight,  and im my opinion total body fat ang reduce nun. medyo lower ab fat lang po ang problem ko.

hope you can suggest.

I suggest you take it easy on the carbs. No rice, no bread, no pasta, no corn, etc. If you must, go for complex carbs such as wholewheat bread and brown rice. Or take your carbs only in the morning, to fuel your day.

It also helps if you work out on an empty stomach, like in the morning, before breakfast. Body fat (what you're trying to get rid of) is used as fuel for your workout. Then breakfast right after, when your metabolism is still revving. You'll be burning more calories than usual.