Build A Model Body!

Who said I was comparing elite athlets top the average Joe? We use Tabata for any fitness level.

Runners, regardless if sprinter or marathon runner, both lift weights, yet they use different energy system work. One uses aerobic, and the other anaerobic.

Apparently, you still have no clue about what you're talking about...

Every program I make starts with two purposes, structural and functional.

yes..and anaerobic training burns and depletes more glycogen than tapping on using body fat as fuel..

fast running does have after burn.. but its mostly glycogen and some fat that gets burned..

to train a body to burn fat it should be purely low aerobic.. around 60 to 70% of Maximum Heart Rate

or (220- age) x 0.6..

it takes less effort..no hard breathing..low incidence of injury.. just pure fat burning..as long as you do it 4x a week in 40 minutes non stop.. but it should be gradual increase..

as i said earlier.. fat is not a good source of energy.. our body uses carbohydrates to fuel us.. to tap fat you have to exercise longer.. but to preserve precious carbohydrates you have to do it slower..

I'm assuming you are focusing more on the aerobic energy system of the body and exclusing the anaerobic system...

You need to tap both the aerobic and anaerobic energy system in order to burn fat. Whether aerobic or anaerobic, among the 3 macros, carbs are always burnt first, and glycogen will always be depleted in any streonous activity.

The objectiv of an energy system workout is to be able to revv up your metabolism, even after working out aka EPOC or simply energy post working oxidation consumed. (sp?)

This is what makes the Tabata protocol and HIIT superior to the purely aerobic system. Doing intervals alternating between working hard and pacing yourself has been proven to help burn fat more than just doing energy system work slow and long.

yes..and anaerobic training burns and depletes more glycogen than tapping on using body fat as fuel..

fast running does have after burn.. but its mostly glycogen and some fat that gets burned..

to train a body to burn fat it should be purely low aerobic.. around 60 to 70% of Maximum Heart Rate

or  (220- age) x 0.6.. 

it takes less effort..no hard breathing..low incidence of injury.. just pure fat burning..as long as you do it 4x a week in 40 minutes non stop.. but it should be gradual increase..

as i said earlier.. fat is not a good source of energy.. our body uses carbohydrates to fuel us.. to tap fat you have to exercise longer.. but to preserve precious carbohydrates you have to do it slower..

okay okay okay... My take... Ive read the tabata protocol and it seems very sound.. Its basic principle is a persons capacity to load up on both the anaerobic stress level and the aerobic stress level. I beg to disagree with you Thug, it DOES NOT matter whether yer burning up Carbs, Glycogen, etc.. The point thats being stressed here is,

1.) to lose weight, you have to be using more calories than what you are consuming..

2.) calories comes in many different forms regardless whether carb, protein, sugars, fats, etc.

3.) basic physiology is for any movement whether voluntary or involuntary, energy needs to be used, tis is in its basic form, ATP. ATP is produced via the Krebs cycle by utilizing glucose and turning it into ATP.. Glucose can be accessed via the different energy pathways, glycolysis, gluconeogenesis, etc...

4.) At the basic of it all, If you perform a voluntary, routinary, muscular function, you need ATP produced through glucose, coursed through carbs or proteins, etc...

5.) In this respect, i will have to agree with olympus in regards to the Tabata Method. Given the basic physiological principles that rule us all, I am convinced that the work out that can reach the peak of a body's aerobic and anaerobic capacity regardless the amount of time, but can be maintained, is the best work out possible... As long as you don't k*ll yerself or injure yerself in the process...

Thug, I must admit that your principles are very sound but they are classical in a sense... Its just like that thing with Arnold Schwarzenegger.. he FIRMLY believed in spot training and spot reduction.. If you want to lose yer gut, do abs... you want to lose yer fat around yer triceps, do tricep work outs... Now, we ALL know this to be false... but dude, will ANY OF US TELL ARNOLD THAT HE WAS WRONG? I'm pretty sure wala sa atin may karapatan to go up to him and tell him na mali siya... heheheheh diba.. You are right in a sense Thug but nowadays, there are more efficient ways of doing yer workout to get the best results at the most efficient amount of time....

You're joking right?  Muscle mags are the worst sources of information out there. They contain routines designed for the roid community and any natural guy would soon burn out on those routines..

Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. You can do all the exercises you want but if your diet is trash, you'll never achieve the six pack

when reading any source of info, dapat maging selective ka.

yes you are right sir, meron mga routines for the roids, pero meron din mga info para sa natural.

even beginners and pros alike can get tips on exercises featured here.

and i dont think (in my own opinion) what they are doing is wrong because of the results they are showing and what i am getting doing these workouts.

meron mga things na maituturo dito n hindi alam ng most.

you wont burnout on these exercises. each body is unique. you have to tailor your own workout for you.

what work with guy may not work with the next guy.

we all have abs naman, pero its covered with fat (with a good reason- for health and safety), you cant show your cut abs without working it out. abs is like any muscle. to have a good muscle you must supply it with good food. if you dont combine your diet with exercise, its trash d b?

im just here to help others by telling them about my own opinion and giving them options

:)

okay okay okay... My take... Ive read the tabata protocol and it seems very sound.. Its basic principle is a persons capacity to load up on both the anaerobic stress level and the aerobic stress level.  I beg to disagree with you Thug, it DOES NOT matter whether yer burning up Carbs, Glycogen, etc..  The point thats being stressed here is,

1.)  to lose weight, you have to be using more calories than what you are consuming..

2.)  calories comes in many different forms regardless whether carb, protein, sugars, fats, etc.

3.) basic physiology is for any movement whether voluntary or involuntary, energy needs to be used, tis is in its basic form, ATP. ATP is produced via the Krebs cycle by utilizing glucose and turning it into ATP.. Glucose can be accessed via the different energy pathways, glycolysis, gluconeogenesis, etc...

4.) At the basic of it all, If you perform a voluntary, routinary, muscular function, you need ATP produced through glucose, coursed through carbs or proteins, etc...

5.) In this respect, i will have to agree with olympus in regards to the Tabata Method.  Given the basic physiological principles that rule us all, I am convinced that the work out that can reach the peak of a body's aerobic and anaerobic capacity regardless the amount of time, but can be maintained, is the best work out possible... As long as you don't k*ll yerself or injure yerself in the process...

Thug, I must admit that your principles are very sound but they are classical in a sense... Its just like that thing with Arnold Schwarzenegger.. he FIRMLY believed in spot training and spot reduction.. If you want to lose yer gut, do abs... you want to lose yer fat around yer triceps, do tricep work outs... Now, we ALL know this to be false... but dude, will ANY OF US TELL ARNOLD THAT HE WAS WRONG?  I'm pretty sure wala sa atin may karapatan to go up to him and tell him na mali siya... heheheheh diba.. You are right in a sense Thug but nowadays, there are more efficient ways of doing yer workout to get the best results at the most efficient amount of time....

tabata tabata method.. just keep on working out.. and you lose weight and get toned.. look at powerlifters, these groups of athletes are mostly fat.. very bad shape if you tell me..

problem with people who go to the gym is they keep themself so engulfed with technicalities and theories.. basta buhat lang buhat, at takbo ng takbo! dont try to believe what these and that person say.. e baka gumagastos ng 30k pesos a month sa nutrition yan kaya mas maganda katawan sa yo..

i have been with people in the gym who do nothing but try to impress others by lifting heavy weights, then take long rest and chit chat..up to now they still have that same ugly fat body.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

while me i have made improvements and developed 4 pack abs with only 2 months of cardio training and lifting low weights with 15-20 reps.. and I dont even take those creatine, whey protein etc..

all i eat is natural foods, fruits, veggies, fish.. thats all..

lift weights for good health not to IMPRESS.. :D

tabata tabata method.. just keep on working out.. and you lose weight and get toned.. look at powerlifters, these groups of athletes are mostly fat.. very bad shape if you tell me..

problem with people who go to the gym is they keep themself so engulfed with technicalities and theories..  basta buhat lang buhat, at takbo ng takbo!  dont try to believe what these and that person say.. e baka gumagastos ng 30k pesos a month sa nutrition yan kaya mas maganda katawan sa yo..

i have been with people in the gym who do nothing but try to impress others by lifting heavy weights, then take long rest and chit chat..up to now they still have that same ugly fat body..  :thumbsdownsmiley:

while me i have made improvements and developed 4 pack abs with only 2 months of cardio training and lifting low weights with 15-20 reps.. and I dont even take those creatine, whey protein etc..

all i eat is natural foods, fruits, veggies, fish.. thats all..

lift weights for good health not to IMPRESS..  :D

Pre, that only goes to show that you have not been reading what was said here in the first place. Olympus has been trying to state that the best way to work out which is based on scientific facts and not some old wives tales, are the ones that he has enumerated.

The keep working out and running and buhat is fine but as what was previously stated, there is a MORE EFFICIENT way of going about it. And dude, dont believe what those or that persons says? does that include you?

Lifting heavy weights is not ONLY to impress, there are days when you do have to lift heavy weights kasi there's a goal that yer trying to get to... it may be a self servicing goal, whether for fitness or vanity sake but there is SOMETIMES a goal... and the GOAL of power lifters is to be able to carry the biggest weight in the smlalest amount of time... yun yung pinili nilang buhay eh, yun yung nagpapasaya sa kanila...

In defense of the fat weight lifters, these guys are fat for about 70 to 80 percent of the year but when competition time comes, BOOM! all fat gone! kasi they can't keep themselves toned and cut for the whole year... its not HEALTHY...

your improvements from your work out is well and fine and admirable... but then is yer muscular ratio correct? is the size of yer bicep okay in relation to the size of your calves, etc... there are standards here too...

There are some people who work out.. there are some people who work out foolishly and there are other people who want to take it to the next level kasi there was a point in their lives when they wanted more from the effort that they were doing... That's us... we read, we learn, we look at all sides... What I'm trying to say that your stand is correct but it is INCOMPLETE. that is NOT the ONLY way... and yer assumptions about people are a bit inaccurate... what may be good enough for you is sissy for me... what may be big for me is matababoy for you... ganun lang naman yun eh...

Back to the topic, having a model body means that you WILL have to take it to the next level kasi pineperahan mo na yung itsura ng katawan mo... You're making a living out of it already... and believe me, there are some god given lucky bastards out there who don't lift a single freaking thing, eat like a pig and still remain like an adonis... then there are the normals, like me, who have to take the extra step kasi if i start letting up, i become a fat pig... :D ganun lang yun bro... In my humble opinion, kulang yung info mo to have a model body...

look at powerlifters, these groups of athletes are mostly fat.. very bad shape if you tell me..

I have to disagree... maybe those in the superheavy weights yes. But if you look at the lighter classes you'll see some incredible physiques sculpted by heavy lifting and enormous amounts of food. I've seen several powerlifters diet down and compete in bodybuilding shows and crushed there opponents on stage.

An example of a young powerlifter: http://www.midwestbarbell.com/totalelite/i...343entry15343

scroll up to the beginning of the page.

This is my cardio routine... I start off with a walk( mga 5.5-6) for about 5 min. I then move to 7.5 for the next five, I am jogging by now. Then I go to 8, 8.5,9 every 5 min. I've been running fr 20 min straight. On about the 23 min, I sprint for 2 min. Then go back to the jog or brisk walking. Then I increase the speed again .

I usually spen 45min to an hour, but I don't lift weights na after. I am too tired. I usually end up running 8km

hehe bakit panay pagtatalo ba? ganun talaga, magkaka-iba kasi tayo ng body type. may workout routine na effective para sa iba na di naman effective pag ginamit ng iba. key is to know your body type and how it reacts to a certain workout program. pag di gumana, try another workout routine. if you have reached a plateau and your body has adapted to the workload, then improvice your workout routine again by adding intensity. theres no perfect workout routine made for all of us. it will always be different for each and everyone of us since we all have different body types, different genetics to deal with. :)

agree about the genetics... agree about the body type... but from experience, ive seen that the most important part of it is also a persons capacity to manage pain and stress... yung mahirap sa ibang tao may not be mahirap sayo... and vice versa... some people may think that they are working their butts off but the truth is that they are not... iba iba talaga... knowing yerself is the key to all of this... but more importantly is the sound foundation of correct principles in physiology and kinesiology is also important... This is for those who want to take it the next step further... but for others nman who are pretty much happy with how they are and okay na sa kanila na pinawisan sila for the day... then good for you diba.. :D i guess we can just say na mag work out ka hanggang san kaya mo... kung parang walang nangyayari, we're more than happy to help out... :D

Actually, my Fil-Am friend said it pretty well that many Filipinos just aren't willing to bust thei a-s-s in the gym to get results. They always look for the easy way to get results.

I really have to agree with this... and I agree even more with something my friend told me "There is only a small amount of people who are willing to bust their ass at the dinner table... and those are the people that make that most rapid gains of them all."

one thing i believe in is working out in a short time but with lots of intensity: lifting heavy (5x8 reps, 80% of my one rep max) with compound movements (im not a fan of isolated movements since i used to be a shotput thrower) and doing high intensity interval training for my cardio. i always make it a point to leave the gym afte 60 minutes of intense training. i dont have 4-8 packs of abs to show since im not a fan of so much ab workout but my tummy sure is flat like a washboard. i also have what you call "cuts" or muscles that looked ripped and i attribute that to the sprinting that i perform. it helped tone and burn the fats down. i may not look like your average magazine/billboard model but im proud to be big and ripped (i aim to look like one of those NZ All Blacks rugby players)

it has long been established in the medical field that long, continuous workout burns fat better than short workouts, this is why marathons are such a hit..

why are Filipinos so hard headed on this sound long studied concept? too lazy to do their cardio and workout? prefers sitting and chatting on the gym than just focusing on working out?

even a running buddy of mine who is doctor cardiologist told me that "body building is bad on your heart, it creates too much unduly stress, because of lifting, then resting, lifting, stopping"

eventually he is in his late 50's but has a very muscular and toned body.. he could even run 10 kilometers in 43 minutes..

bet ya these bodybuilders here who try to follow all those high weight, low rep, and short fast cardio can't beat this guy on a 10 kilometer run?

even Navy Seals training focus on high cardio..

hehehehehe... kinda weird statement here bud.. I bet you yer doctor friend can't beat any of these guys on the bench press...

also, i have seen plenty "recreational" marathon runners who are a bit on the portly side...

focusing on the workout is precisely what we are talking about.. a short, intense workout regiment is far more effective than the long drawn out heavy work out routines..

regarding on whats for your body, long drawn out cardio is bad for you too cause in can give you numerous knee problems... especially for big guys like me...

I completely agree with you in regards to some gym folk who talk and chat instead of working out... they treat the gym like a social place and not as a place of actual work... but i guess the topic really here is how to build a model body. Bearing that in mind, I still have to agree that best method for this is to keep the work outs short and intense... keep the cardio at a short intense level as well but ideally have one to 2 cardio days where you can stretch yerself out...

Many guys use the gym as a socializing place, however, not everyone.

I have to agree with you that many doctors say something is bad, yet they don't even look fit to begin with. I still believe that short, intense energy system work, namely interval training has been proven to help revv up your metabolism by up to 50% for the remainder of the day. Now who wouldn't want that right?

hehehehehe... kinda weird statement here bud.. I bet you yer doctor friend can't beat any of these guys on the bench press...

also, i have seen plenty "recreational" marathon runners who are a bit on the portly side...

focusing on the workout is precisely what we are talking about.. a short, intense workout regiment is far more effective than the long drawn out heavy work out routines..

regarding on whats for your body, long drawn out cardio is bad for you too cause in can give you numerous knee problems... especially for big guys like me...

I completely agree with you in regards to some gym folk who talk and chat instead of working out... they treat the gym like a social place and not as a place of actual work... but i guess the topic really here is how to build a model body.  Bearing that in mind, I still have to agree that best method for this is to keep the work outs short and intense... keep the cardio at a short intense level as well but ideally have one to 2 cardio days where you can stretch yerself out...

Many guys use the gym as a socializing place, however, not everyone.

I have to agree with you that many doctors say something is bad, yet they don't even look fit to begin with. I still believe that short, intense energy system work, namely interval training has been proven to help revv up your metabolism by up to 50% for the remainder of the day. Now who wouldn't want that right?

not fit? you don't even know how it is to run 10 kilometers??? all you know is run short and gasp in 5 minutes... :D

and what about your comments that you look at the best in the sports to know how you look like in the end.. marathoners are thin so you will look thin.. does that mean when you play basketball you get taller?? hahaha :lol:

fitness is all about endurance.. as i have said, these so called body builders like to look impressive in the gym that they dont want to be seen tired and gasping for air so they run fast and stop, lift heavy weights to look impressive.. wow.. yayabang talaga oo..

makes me wonder..that's a doctor already commenting about it.. a 43 minute 10k runner.. how fast can you run a 10k? more than 1 hour? that is not fit for me..are you a doctor to give advice? and advices that are entirely wrong at that..