Build A Model Body!

Having a model-like body is but an illusion. I read this comment from menshealth.com forum that models only have that "model" body days prior before a photoshoot or a fashion show, when on off-season they have those ordinary muscular body layered with fat... They take thses drugs, or not eat for several days... stuff like that

We are in a generation where media has been telling what a "perfect" body is... An American friend of mine who used to be a model for Wilhemina confessed to me that he did terrible stuff to his body just to look good in boxers before a photoshoot... He would take these medicines which will suck out water beneath the skin, and he did this vomiting thing... He said that his life as model, health-wise sucked... he'd rather be be living healthy by eating a well balanced diet despite sacrificing his "model" body.

Liposuction is always an option ......

saw someone at the locker room with sagging skins on the belly and the side.. andami pang hiwa.. kita mo talaga mga folds.. so ugly.. i think the guy went liposuction...

but it was a lot uglier than if he just kept the fat inside.. it was so gross..he looked like a raisin..

Having a model-like body is but an illusion. I read this comment from menshealth.com forum that models only have that "model" body days prior before a photoshoot or a fashion show, when on off-season they have those ordinary muscular body layered with fat... They take thses drugs, or not eat for several days... stuff like that

We are in a generation where media has been telling what a "perfect" body is... An American friend of mine who used to be a model for Wilhemina confessed to me that he did terrible stuff to his body just to look good in boxers before a photoshoot... He would take these medicines which will suck out water beneath the skin, and he did this vomiting thing... He said that his life as model, health-wise sucked... he'd rather be be living healthy by eating a well balanced diet despite sacrificing his "model" body.

model body is a body with symmetric, and weight within 1 lb more or less the ideal weight.. kaya nga model body.. someone who is of perfect weight for his or her height.. also with symmetric body..

its a model of good health, di naman porke tinawag na model e model na sa magazine.. some people think that model is about looking good, or about looking good, or having big muscles.. no.. its not..

yun ang reason kaya yun mga nakikkita natin sa magazine, trim with low fat.. because thats the ideal healthy figure..

How has his knee healed? Has it undergone reconstructive surgery? the best exercise is anything that would not put any unnecessary stress on the knees. Rowing and transport would be good choices

I have had reconstructions on both my knees as well as a medial menisectmy and a couple of manipulations on my left - all as a result of sport.

Best thing for rehab is swimming - great for cardio, no stress on the joints or liagments and tones all body muscles - not just the legs. In a gym rowing is probably the best.

I swam for months as well as doing physical therapy and light gym sessions - that was about 14 and 9 years ago respectively.

I have been back playing rugby, which is a full contact sport for the last 7 years, go to the gym and hit the treadmill - do squats, leg presses etc. and also enjoy high impact sports such as squash, tennis etc. and haven't had any problems.

Just need to do the rehab correctly.

The swimming suggestion would also work for lonly_grl if she did it on a regular enough basis.

not as fat burning efficient as running, as running is a weight bearing exercise.. you carry your own weight.. so in essence..the heavier you are the more calories you burn..

swimming is also a specialized exercise.. you cannot burn as much fat if you dont know how to swim, or a poor swimmer who cant swim the entire length of a 50 meter olympic sized pool..hehehe..

as to the guy who had operations on both knees..i seriously doubt it was running related.. it was surely related to abuse of his body and doing the wrong exercises or workouts.. so before you listen to tips here.. read and research on your own..

ay naku thug... The moment na ako tumatakbo na ng 10 km talagang hahamunin kita sa matindihang takbuhan... as for now for sure lalampasuhin moko... so peace muna tayo... hehehehehehehe...

Dude unlike kasi si olympus all you have to show for is what you say and kulang yung facts mo.. si olympus may up to date data on newer trends etc etc... hehehehehehe...

In retrospect though mas madali at mas mura mag pa liit kaysa magpalaki... If you wanna get bigger you have to spend on supplements, food, gym, etc etc etc... if you wanna lose weight, a good pair of rubber shoes lang.. hehehhehehe... you're right about that one...

But honestly that doesn't cut it for me anymore... Im looking for better musculature, out of the ordinary strength, better physique ratio, longer bouts of endurance and the lesser physical limits... A runner will not be able to do rock climbing nor will a body builder... that's why i run and work out... something like that... Dynamics in fitness is very important i think thats why i cannot adhere to your belief that endurance is everything...

BTW, All the while i thought the thread topic was model body... which meant body pang model... not model as in deal body... sorry, i think i made a misunderstood...

Agree with you though Jesus, diba nga yung mga actors and actresses who are pretty and make money off their appearance... and especially thoses who were stars as kids and still are upto now... These people have basically been hungry all their lives...

A sumo wrestler can fluctuate in weight between 80 to a 100 pounds off season and on-season... But during their fight season, they are heavier... Eh kung si oprah nga eh... hehehehhehehehe

ay naku thug... The moment na ako tumatakbo na ng 10 km talagang hahamunin kita sa matindihang takbuhan... as for now for sure lalampasuhin moko... so peace muna tayo... hehehehehehehe...

Dude unlike kasi si olympus all you have to show for is what you say and kulang yung facts mo.. si olympus may up to date data on newer trends etc etc... hehehehehehe...

In retrospect though mas madali at mas mura mag pa liit kaysa magpalaki... If you wanna get bigger you have to spend on supplements, food, gym, etc etc etc... if you wanna lose weight, a good pair of rubber shoes lang.. hehehhehehe... you're right about that one...

But honestly that doesn't cut it for me anymore... Im looking for better musculature, out of the ordinary strength, better physique ratio, longer bouts of endurance and the lesser physical limits... A runner will not be able to do rock climbing nor will a body builder... that's why i run and work out... something like that... Dynamics in fitness is very important i think thats why i cannot adhere to your belief that endurance is everything...

BTW, All the while i thought the thread topic was model body... which meant body pang model... not model as in deal body... sorry, i think i made a misunderstood...

Agree with you though Jesus, diba nga yung mga actors and actresses who are pretty and make money off their appearance... and especially thoses who were stars as kids and still are upto now... These people have basically been hungry all their lives...

A sumo wrestler can fluctuate in weight between 80 to a 100 pounds off season and on-season... But during their fight season, they are heavier... Eh kung si oprah nga eh...  hehehehhehehehe

pambihira naman.. bakit ka naman magpapalaki ng muscle e di ka naman kargador sa pier? san mo ba gagamitin yan?

the reason why models are trim and symmetric body is not because they are considered beautiful.. some of us would wonder why not put an average fat person on the cover of a magazine? actually maganda din naman ang mataba.. its just that medically, its not how a healthy person should look like..

yung model body that you see on the magazines are the symbols of a healthy person.. kaya nga model e.. yun ang dapat mong gayahin.. kase yun ang ideal .. medically healthy figure.. GETS?

not as fat burning efficient as running, as running is a weight bearing exercise.. you carry your own weight.. so in essence..the heavier you are the more calories you burn..

swimming is also a specialized exercise.. you cannot burn as much fat if you dont know how to swim, or a poor swimmer who cant swim the entire length of a 50 meter olympic sized pool..hehehe..

as to the guy who had operations on both knees..i seriously doubt it was running related.. it was surely related to abuse of his body and doing the wrong exercises or workouts..  so before you listen to tips here.. read and research on your own..

Agreed on the swimming - no good if you can't swim!

As to the operations on both knees - it was ME who has had the operations and they were both injuries to the ACL's and both were related to running contact sports. I did the rehab that i mentioned i.e the swimming etc.

pambihira naman.. bakit ka naman magpapalaki ng muscle e di ka naman kargador sa pier? san mo ba gagamitin yan? 

the reason why models are trim and symmetric body is not because they are considered beautiful.. some of us would wonder why not put an average fat person on the cover of a magazine?  actually maganda din naman ang mataba.. its just that medically, its not how a healthy person should look like..

yung model body that you see on the magazines are the symbols of a healthy person.. kaya nga model e.. yun ang dapat mong gayahin.. kase yun ang ideal .. medically healthy figure..  GETS?

bossing, ganun talaga... Siguro may konting psychological thing kasi pati mga kaibigan ko nagtataka... But I was always the fat kid in school... I was lampa all my life... couldn't run for jack s@%t... couldn't do a single pull up and probably wth luck could do 5 push ups and probably 10 situps... I was very portly when i was younger..

one day i made a choice to lose weight... and constantly i choose to never get fat ever again. I like the fact that at 200 pounds i can do 10 pull ups and 6 sets.. i like the fact that despite my size I can still rock climb... I like the fact that at any given time I can bench my weight at 8 repetitions without spot... I like all these things and i love the feeling of power.. Im probably an endorphin junkie.. I don't like the fact that I still can't run as much as i would want to though... but i am working on it... As i said, i want to have a type of body wherein whatever happens, as much as possible, I am not physically limited to do the things that i want to do...

The fitness workout that you subscribe to does not cover completely what i consider ideal... Don't get me wrong, I never said na mali ka, kulang lang talaga..

And I know some models as well who will attest to what jesus said... It's very very hard to maintain a certain type of musculature as what we see in the magazines... most of the time, they have a work schedule an their work out gets tailor made for that... It's really tough work for them kasi they literally put their body on the line for their hard earned cash... it's very competitive na raw kasi nowadays... Some of them models have unbelievably low fat ratio... that is never healthy... And btw, I can also attest that some of the so called models or "symbols of a healthy person" that you talk about are taking or have taken steroids to get that "healthy look". Steroids naman will not always get you buff WWE size big... depends on the cycle that use and the workout that you do and the food intake that you have... taking steroids is not exactly healthy, hehehehe, but it does produce results...

Agreed on the swimming - no good if you can't swim!

As to the operations on both knees - it was ME who has had the operations and they were both injuries to the ACL's and both were related to running contact sports. I did the rehab that i mentioned i.e the swimming etc.

see, it was related to running fast.. it wont occur if you run slow and run long.. as compared with sprinting as what equus or olympus mentioned here.. which is very wrong..

BUILDING A BETTER PHYSIQUE MEANS YOUR BUILDING YOUR SELF ESTEEM AS WELL. ITS NOT THAT WE MEASURE THINGS BY THEIR SIZE, ITS YOUR MENTAL STATE THAT YOUR ELEVATING. BODY BUILDING IS A MENTAL SPORT, KUNG HINDI KA NAG-CONCENTRATE HINDI TATAMA DUN SA MUSCLE NA BINUBUHAT MO. ITS VERY HARD

PEACE

;)

hep.. you are again suggesting very WRONG tips!

her main goal is to lose weight not to build muscles. please next time, check if you are knowledgeable as a fitness trainer before you make suggestions.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

you have a different goal from her goal..  her goal is to lose weight, your goal is to bulk up..

I am a fitness trainer and again, the objective in selecting exercises are those that produce good EPOC (exces postexercise oxygen consumption) in order to make your body a more effecitve fat burning machine.

Whoever told you my goal was to bulk up? You again are making wrong asumptions

hello to all. i'm a newbie here and after reading some post natatawa na lang ako. kala ko for suggestions ito yung iba nakikipag away na. i hope some of you know the faqs about the physiology of muscles and energy system sa katawan natin.

with regard to the injury to the knee due to tear of the ACL, i hope you know what an ACL is? ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) is a ligament that holds the knee joint consisting of the femur (thigh bone) and tibia (leg bone). it is accopanied by the PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) and collateral ligaments. This ligaments stabilize the knee. there are many factors para masira ang ACL mo such as running and stopping and twisting immediately, degenerative changes, trauma, repetitive twisting etc.

THUG, you can still injured your knee even with slow walking as long as it is accompanied with sudden twisting movement.

sa mga program naman regarding weight gain and weight loss, dito natatawa ako sa ibang gym instructor na napuntahan ko. nagbibigay sila ng the same program sa bawat client. siguro dahil this works for them kaya baka pwede rin ito sa iba. mind you, may kanya kanya tayong physical qualities. yung ibang nagpapayat, binibigyan nila ng heavy sets and low repetition.

if you really want to lose weight, the best exercise is really cardio yung aerobis or taebo. at the same time, also look into your diet plan. nag taebo ka nga pagkatapos naman ng exercise mo kain ka ng sandamakmak na kanin at fatty foods wala ding epekto.

model body is a body with symmetric, and weight within 1 lb more or less the ideal weight..  kaya nga model body.. someone who is of perfect weight for his or her height.. also with symmetric body..

its a model of good health, di naman porke tinawag na model e model na sa magazine.. some people think that model is about looking good, or about looking good, or having big muscles.. no..  its not..

yun ang reason kaya yun mga nakikkita natin sa magazine, trim with low fat.. because thats the ideal healthy figure..

I believe that we are talking about a "model" body like the ones we see in mags, runway shows, billboards,etc... just to remind you bro.

I am a fitness trainer and again, the objective in selecting exercises are those that produce good EPOC (exces postexercise oxygen consumption) in order to make your body a more effecitve fat burning machine.

Whoever told you my goal was to bulk up? You again are making wrong asumptions

EPOC EPOC.. all you know are theories and books.. you wont burn fat reading books..

yun bang mga kargador sa palengke, kargador sa pier, construction workers may mga theory theory na alam mo? e may magbobote nga sa amin, maghapon lang nagtutulak ng kariton pero may 4 pack abs e.. bato bato!

e kaya naman pala halos lahat ng nakikita ko sa gym puro matataba kase puro mali turo nyo. :lol:

hello to all.  i'm a newbie here and after reading some post natatawa na lang ako. kala ko for suggestions ito yung iba nakikipag away na.  i hope some of you know the faqs about the physiology of muscles and energy system sa katawan natin. 

with regard to the injury to the knee due to tear of the ACL, i hope you know what an ACL is?  ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) is a ligament that holds the knee joint consisting of the femur (thigh bone) and tibia (leg bone).  it is accopanied by the PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) and collateral ligaments.  This ligaments stabilize the knee.  there are many factors para masira ang ACL mo such as running and stopping and twisting immediately, degenerative changes, trauma, repetitive twisting etc. 

THUG, you can still injured your knee even with slow walking as long as it is accompanied with sudden twisting movement. 

sa mga program naman regarding weight gain and weight loss, dito natatawa ako sa ibang gym instructor na napuntahan ko.  nagbibigay sila ng the same program sa bawat client.  siguro dahil this works for them kaya baka pwede rin ito sa iba.  mind you, may kanya kanya tayong physical qualities.  yung ibang nagpapayat, binibigyan nila ng heavy sets and low repetition. 

if you really want to lose weight, the best exercise is really cardio yung aerobis or taebo.  at the same time, also look into your diet plan.  nag taebo ka nga pagkatapos naman ng exercise mo kain ka ng sandamakmak na kanin at fatty foods wala ding epekto.

yan ang tamang post!

yun iba kase dito fitness trainer daw e mali naman ang mga suggestions.

sus.. kaya tuloy ako i only go to the gym.. i dont ask for those stupid s@%t programs na yan.. may iba nga na beginer na matataba ako nakikita e may hawak pang index card at magtatanong pa "san ba dito itong calf raise machine? san ba dito bench press? " parang gusto ko sabihin .. hello! lahat yan pag ginamit mo papayat ka! wala nang tanong tanong. basta lahat ng makita mo dito buhatin mo.. lahat ng ginagawa ng iba e di gayahin mo!

there are no rules, no sequence, lahat tayo kapos sa oras... karamihan may fulltime job. basta you have spare time you do it.. sabi nga ng nike logo JUST DO IT! :thumbsupsmiley:

This alligns to my GNC readings

If one indeeds want to build mass and muscular body .... GO for a workout that makes use most of the muscles. Yung tipong major muscles ng katawan mo ay talagang gagana ... it saves time and makes work out more effective

They do not believe on spot reduction.....

If one builds enough muscles wala ng room for fat .. the mere existence of it (massive muscles) will get rid of it .... its like having a workout without even trying

Another factor also for people is their metabolism rate .....

and as we age above 30 it decreases

Also people get fat in their own unique way, Turkey necks, Gel-o arms, moon-butts

It is all in the system, you can not choose which part of ur body becomes fat-laden

EPOC EPOC.. all you know are theories and books..    you wont burn fat reading books.. 

yun bang mga kargador sa palengke, kargador sa pier, construction workers may mga theory theory na alam mo?  e may magbobote nga sa amin, maghapon lang nagtutulak ng kariton pero may 4 pack abs e.. bato bato!

e kaya naman pala halos lahat ng nakikita ko sa gym puro matataba kase puro mali turo nyo.  :lol:

yan ang tamang post!

yun iba kase dito fitness trainer daw e mali naman ang mga suggestions.

sus.. kaya tuloy ako i only go to the gym.. i dont ask for those stupid s@%t programs na yan.. may iba nga na beginer na matataba ako nakikita e may hawak pang index card at magtatanong pa "san ba dito itong calf raise machine? san ba dito bench press? "  parang gusto ko sabihin .. hello!  lahat yan pag ginamit mo papayat ka!  wala nang tanong tanong. basta lahat ng makita mo dito buhatin mo.. lahat ng ginagawa ng iba e di gayahin mo! 

there are no rules, no sequence, lahat tayo kapos sa oras... karamihan may fulltime job. basta you have spare time you do it.. sabi nga ng nike logo JUST DO IT!  :thumbsupsmiley:

EPOC EPOC.. all you know are theories and books..    you wont burn fat reading books.. 

yun bang mga kargador sa palengke, kargador sa pier, construction workers may mga theory theory na alam mo?  e may magbobote nga sa amin, maghapon lang nagtutulak ng kariton pero may 4 pack abs e.. bato bato!

e kaya naman pala halos lahat ng nakikita ko sa gym puro matataba kase puro mali turo nyo.  :lol:

yup, this makes sense.. minsan naisip ko nga mag-kargador na lang ako... sometimes it's true, kaya i dont read these fitness mags na nirerecycle lang ang mga articles... andaming mga theories minsan nalilito ka na kung ano ang tama... tingnan na lang natin yung mga ninuno natin, they eat raw meat, lots of vegetables and maintain an active lifestyle (hunting) and okay yung katawan nila.

And I know some models as well who will attest to what jesus said... It's very very hard to maintain a certain type of musculature as what we see in the magazines... most of the time, they have a work schedule an their work out gets tailor made for that... It's really tough work for them kasi they literally put their body on the line for their hard earned cash... it's very competitive na raw kasi nowadays... Some of them models have unbelievably low fat ratio... that is never healthy... And btw, I can also attest that some of the so called models or "symbols of a healthy person" that you talk about are taking or have taken steroids to get that "healthy look".

yup, right... all these things are vanity... i'd exercise to be healthy

LET'S GET IT ON!

PEACE MGA BRO,

FOR ME, SUGGESTION KO LANG EH,

EITHER YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT OR MUSCLE-UP, DAPAT PROPER FORM. KASI IF YOU DO IT THAT WAY, YOU WILL TARGET TALAGA THE INTENDED MUSCLES FOR THAT PARTICULAR WORKOUT.

TO LOSE WEGHT, DAPAT LESS DIN ANG WEIGHT N BINUBUHAT MO, DO MORE REP AND DO LONGER CADIO.

TO MUSCLE-UP, DAPAT HEAVY WEIGHT KA, USE WEIGHTS THAT ARE HEAVY ENOUGH NA IF YOU INTEND TO DO 10 REP, 8 PALANG EH t** KA N! LESS REPS DIN 10-8 LANG, PARA DI KA PAGOD, BASTA YOU DO PROPER FORM TATAMA YAN, DONT WORRY. AND YOURE CARDIO SHOULD BE 20-30MINS LANG.

PERO WHAT EVER YOURE GOAL IS, YOU MUST EAT CLEAN.

;)