Build A Model Body!

not fit? you don't even know how it is to run 10 kilometers???  all you know is run short and gasp in 5 minutes...  :D

and what about your comments that you look at the best in the sports to know how you look like in the end.. marathoners are thin so you will look thin.. does that mean when you play basketball you get taller?? hahaha  :lol:

fitness is all about endurance.. as i have said, these so called body builders like to look impressive in the gym that they dont want to be seen tired and gasping for air so they run fast and stop, lift heavy weights to look impressive.. wow.. yayabang talaga oo..

makes me wonder..that's a doctor already commenting about it.. a 43 minute 10k runner.. how fast can you run a 10k? more than 1 hour?  that is not fit for me..are you a doctor to give advice? and advices that are entirely wrong at that..

Fitness is relative. There are many fitnes factors. Aboslute strength, relative strength, explosiveness, endurance and flexibility. Judging a person qho can run 10k as fit is just like judging a bodybuilder. Yes, they cover one fitness aspect fully, what about the rest?

not fit? you don't even know how it is to run 10 kilometers???  all you know is run short and gasp in 5 minutes...  :D

and what about your comments that you look at the best in the sports to know how you look like in the end.. marathoners are thin so you will look thin.. does that mean when you play basketball you get taller?? hahaha  :lol:

fitness is all about endurance.. as i have said, these so called body builders like to look impressive in the gym that they dont want to be seen tired and gasping for air so they run fast and stop, lift heavy weights to look impressive.. wow.. yayabang talaga oo..

makes me wonder..that's a doctor already commenting about it.. a 43 minute 10k runner.. how fast can you run a 10k? more than 1 hour?  that is not fit for me..are you a doctor to give advice? and advices that are entirely wrong at that..

i know how it is to run 10 kilometers... quite painful but manageable... tagal lang nga, nakakatamad... becomes more of a mind game for me.. and 43 minutes is fast.. thats one fit doctor you have there.. doctors however are NOT the Be All End All... neither am i, and most likely neither are you... which brings me to my other points...

Fitness IS NOT all about endurance... Olympus did mark out that there are A LOT of factors that have to be considered before you are fit... if for you, endurance is the only marker for fitness then good for you. makes your life more simple.. does not mean that you're right and the rest of all of the kinesiologists, fitness trainers, strength trainers, olympians, power lifters, etc who have been doing this all their lives, trained and taught about fitness and are all wrong...

marathoners and basketball players, good argument... you slightly got us there so i will have to concur... however, i still think that sprinters and people doing short 100 meter to 200 meter dash people look way cooler and more of a model body than them marathon runners...

And contrary to what you believe, a true massive body builder who has invested s@%t load of time, effort and money to their body and has learned the trade properly will ALWAYS bring their body to its limit and will ALWAYS go beyond it hence the way they look, all pumped up, eyes glazing over, testosterone pumping, a mixture of pain and pleasure, a rush of endorphins through the body, gasping for air, looking sooo tired... THAT is the basis of all fitness training, to bring your body to its limit, surpass it for a minute or two so that it will adapt and become stronger or more "fit"...

Yabang? malay mo, yung mga malalaking mga tao tumitingin sa mga nag cacardio at nag sasabi rin, how pare yabang nitong tumatakbo na ito oh... hehehehehehehhe... im pretty sure as well that if you show this forum to your doctor friend or have him talk to olympus or me, we will see eye to eye in a lot of things... we may differ and argue about some others but needless to say that I assure you that the posts here have been done in a responsible manner and have correct physiological basis... lambasting someone else without showing ample literature or proof or better scientific basis to yer statements is NOT very helpful to the rest of the people who read this thread...

Question lang bro'...

I am lifting weights regularly, but I am not into body building. Exercise lang talaga...

Are you saying that I am risking a heart attack in the future?

Nakakapagpabagabag kasi eh... Konting linaw lang... Thanks! :goatee:

Bodybuilding is another specialized aspect of weight training...

If weight training is totally bad for your heart, I would have long been dead and so would have been many other guys who go to the gym. In fact, the pioneers of the iron game such as Earle Liederman, Charles Atlas, Eugen Sandow, Arthur Saxon and many others lived long, healthy lives

shadowfang, everything has to be done in moderation. True, I agree with thugs statement na its bad for your heart IF DONE INCORRECTLY AND IRRESPONSIBLY. The only real way to find out the proper workout regiment is through experience or have yerself trained... There are parameters na kelangan upto a certain amount of your heart rate, etc etc... but the gut feel way to do this is to properly listen to yer body. It will give you naman tell tale signs na sumosobra ka na... mga tipong pag dumudugo na tenga at ilong mo, ummm... well... medyo intense ka na diyan chong... hehehehehhe... but kidding aside, overtraining is bad... Although you shouldn't worry too much about that i think.. basta pakinggan mo lang katawan mo...

Question lang bro'...

I am lifting weights regularly, but I am not into body building. Exercise lang talaga...

Nakakapagpabagabag kasi eh... Konting linaw lang... Thanks!

i suggest you incorporate cardio exercises with your weighlifting. lifting weights make you stronger by exercising those muscles. cardio exercises ....errr... exercise your heart. :) IMHO. :)

BTW, question din:

meron ba kayong alam na site na nakalagay kung ilang calories ang mga filipino foods, like balot, bagoong, rice, pugo, etc.? kasi kadalasan sa mga nakikita kong site nakalista lang fish, bread, eggs, bacon, burger, etc.

Question lang bro'...

Nakakapagpabagabag kasi eh... Konting linaw lang... Thanks! :goatee:

no, but your chances of developing heart problems will be higher, not because you are fit means you will have a hearty heart.. that is why gradual cardio with warmup and cooldown is ALWAYS told you by doctors and fitness trainers.. weight lifting creates too much stress on the heart.. sinisira mo daw puso mo sa weight lifting.. stop tapos buhat ng mabigat.. tapos pahinga uli..yan ang sabi ng cardiologist na fitness buddy ko..

kaya nga most of the tips i read from this forum which says run fast in short period of time and lift heavy weights is VERY WRONG!

well, i can agre on interval training... even if the doctor did not suggest that to me. its my coach who told me about it.. my coach is a decathlete, part of the philippine team.

but are you a decathlete and part of the Philippine team? :D

yan na sinasabi ko e.. before you try to put up the impressive workouts you start with getting fit muna..

you can't even run 1 hour without stopping mag i interval training ka na? tatakbo ka na ng mabilis e di ka nga makatakbo ng 1 hour na di humihinto?

im a competitive endurance athlete and 42 kilometer runner, but i seldom do interval training.. kayo pa kaya? :lol:

get fit muna before you try to look impressive in your workouts..

no, but your chances of developing heart problems will be higher, not because you are fit means you will have a hearty heart.. that is why gradual cardio with warmup and cooldown is ALWAYS told you by doctors and fitness trainers.. weight lifting creates too much stress on the heart.. sinisira mo daw puso mo sa weight lifting.. stop tapos buhat ng mabigat.. tapos pahinga uli..yan ang sabi ng cardiologist na fitness buddy ko..

kaya nga most of the tips i read from this forum which says run fast in short period of time and lift heavy weights is VERY WRONG!

Apparently, you haven't done your homework....

Yes, one must elevate heart rate and cool down priort to and after exercise...

After any level of intensity, regarding short and intense or slow and long, warming up and cooling down is mandatory..

Again, please get your facts straight before making any judgement...

I have been training people for years and have done my fair share of research so I know what I'm doing

I'm in my early twenties, so it's highly unlikely that I'll have a heart attack...

However, my concern is when I reach the age of 45 to 60. I believe this is the range when a heart attack is very risky for males.

(That is why I am very picky with the foods I eat.)

Does lifting weights add to the risk of having a heart attack at the above mentioned age bracket?

Provided you live a pretty decently active lifestyle and have a deecently clean diet, no.. We have a 71 year od man lifting weights i our gym, oh yeah he recently won the bench press open by the way.

i know how it is to run 10 kilometers... quite painful but manageable... tagal lang nga, nakakatamad... becomes more of a mind game for me.. and 43 minutes is fast.. thats one fit doctor you have there.. doctors however are NOT the Be All End All... neither am i, and most likely neither are you... which brings me to my other points... 

Fitness IS NOT all about endurance... Olympus did mark out that there are A LOT of factors that have to be considered before you are fit... if for you, endurance is the only marker for fitness then good for you. makes your life more simple.. does not mean that you're right and the rest of all of the kinesiologists, fitness trainers, strength trainers, olympians, power lifters, etc who have been doing this all their lives, trained and taught about fitness and are all wrong...

see, you are implying very wrong statements again.. you said 10 kilometers is painful, and more of a mind game for you? well 10 kilometer run for me is fun.. its my daily run actually.. now that tells why people like you keep on trying to convince people here to run fast in short period of time because you basically cant run comfortable for 10 kilometers.. hahaha.. makes sense isn't it?

as for the 2nd argument.. fitness is not about endurance? what is? what does your PE teacher and instructor make you do to check your fitness level? do they make you lift that 20 lb of rock on top of you head? or do they make you run? :D

arguments like yours is out of the context.. you are trying to hide your bad fitness level by making wrong advices on this thread. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Provided you live a pretty decently active lifestyle and have a deecently clean diet, no.. We have a 71 year od man lifting weights i our gym, oh yeah he recently won the bench press open by the way.

why do you keep on equating fitness level on a person's ability to bench press? thats absurd..

fitness is measured by endurance and cardio activity not bench press.. do PE teachers make you bench press to check your fitness? when you enter the military do they make you bench press to check your fitness?

its the most absurd thing i have heard.. hahahaha.. no wonder they say bodybuilders are all muscles and no brains.. now i get it..

I'm in my early twenties, so it's highly unlikely that I'll have a heart attack...

However, my concern is when I reach the age of 45 to 60. I believe this is the range when a heart attack is very risky for males.

(That is why I am very picky with the foods I eat.)

Does lifting weights add to the risk of having a heart attack at the above mentioned age bracket?

no, weight lifting is healthy.. its the way in which some people here give advices on how to do it which is wrong.. dont listen to what these people say to run fast in short period of time or lift heavy weights with low reps.. you are doing damage to your body that way instead of keeping it healthy..

what you do is warmup with cardio, and do it slow, but not fast or sprint as what so called guru's are stating..then lift light weights on high reps around 15-20 reps.. do it without stopping or sitting and chatting.. otherwise you will cool down.. just keep on lifting low weights, changing body parts with very little rest.. then cool down on cardio..

Actually tama lahat ng post dito .....

To answer the question How to Build a model body is to do Weight Training. Building muscles begets lesser fat deposits. According to my GNC readings, if you use cardio workouts to build a model body it is like doing workouts at least 8 hours a day (which is almost imprbable). Sa weight training ang laki ng caloric value na nadeplete in shorter hours of work out. When one does intense weight training, the temperature of the blood rises, the pressure exerted by the blood on the vessels and onto the heart also increases and so on.

BUT tama rin that this give due stress sa heart ...

Sa mga journal ng intense weight Trainings (ung Heavy weights on short reps) are hazardous when administered too much.

NOW to define what is fit, i have really no idea .....

If we say FIT for long "term use" then we refer people who can do long work.

If we say FIT for "extreme or heavy work" then we may refer to people who can exert tremendouse anount of energy in a short span of time. As such are weight lifters/trainers

but are you a decathlete and part of the Philippine team?  :D

yan na sinasabi ko e..  before you try to put up the impressive workouts you start with getting fit muna..

you can't even run 1 hour without stopping mag i interval training ka na? tatakbo ka na ng mabilis e di ka nga makatakbo ng 1 hour na di humihinto?

im a competitive endurance athlete and 42 kilometer runner,  but i seldom do interval training.. kayo pa kaya?  :lol:

get fit muna before you try to look impressive in your workouts..

Actually tama lahat ng post dito .....

To answer the question How to Build a model body is to do Weight Training. Building muscles begets lesser fat deposits. According to my GNC readings, if you use cardio workouts to build a model body it is like doing workouts at least 8 hours a day (which is almost imprbable). Sa weight training ang laki ng caloric value na nadeplete in shorter hours of work out. When one does intense weight training, the temperature of the blood rises, the pressure exerted by the blood on the vessels and onto the heart also increases and so on.

BUT tama rin that this give due stress sa heart ... 

Sa mga journal ng intense weight Trainings (ung Heavy weights on short reps) are hazardous when administered too much.

NOW to define what is fit, i have really no idea .....

If we say FIT for long "term use" then we refer people who can do long work.

If we say FIT for "extreme or heavy work" then we may refer to people who can exert tremendouse anount of energy in a short span of time. As such are weight lifters/trainers

its calorie yes, but is that body fat that you deplete? you only train your body to burn body fat with long continuous cardio workout.. not with short intense sessions.. what you burn with short intense sessions is carbohydrates or glycogen..

see, you are implying very wrong statements again.. you said 10 kilometers is painful, and more of a mind game for you? well 10 kilometer run  for me is fun.. its my daily run actually..  now that tells why people like you keep on trying to convince people here to run fast in short period of time because you basically cant run comfortable for 10 kilometers.. hahaha.. makes sense isn't it?

as for the 2nd argument.. fitness is not about endurance?  what is?  what does your PE teacher and instructor make you do to check your fitness level? do they make you lift that 20 lb of rock  on top of you head?  or do they make you run?  :D

arguments like yours is out of the context.. you are trying to hide your bad fitness level by making wrong advices on this thread.  :thumbsdownsmiley:

holy caboodle!!! P.E. teacher!?! yes he did those things but he was stupid.... old school is not necessarily good school. dude seriously, for your sake, I did say that i agree with you in some aspects but do not put finality in your statements... thats where the problem lies.. Cardio vascular exercise is good. bar none. i completely agree. but that IS NOT THE ONLY WAY TO MEASURE FITNESS. THAT is not the BE ALL END ALL...

my bad fitness level? hmmm... puwede... heheheheehehehe... again another attack on your fellow forumers... if thats your boggle buddy then thats your business... I just think that your hiding your incapability to learn new things, practice new trends, gets manifested with lambasting other peoples fitness level and calling your own as the only way to go... HAIL HITLER!!! A persons choice to pursue a particular fitness regimen is his own problem.. now we are talking about having a model body aren't we? fine... lets talk to models nalang para ala na away... model ka ba? AKO HINDI! hehehehehhehehehe so sino ba model dito? come on, give us your opinion...

why do you keep on equating fitness level on a person's ability to bench press? thats absurd..

fitness is measured by endurance and cardio activity not bench press.. do PE teachers make you bench press to check your fitness? when you enter the military do they make you bench press to check your fitness?

its the most absurd thing i have heard..  hahahaha..  no wonder they say bodybuilders are all muscles and no brains.. now i get it..

and dude... that last statement... owwww... dude maniwala kasakin you'll be surprised with how smart some of these people are... probably just as smart as some idiot running 10 Kilometers comfortably... hehehehehehe :thumbsupsmiley: :boo:

its the most absurd thing i have heard..  hahahaha..  no wonder they say bodybuilders are all muscles and no brains.. now i get it..

Apparently, you didn't get my point...

If you think cardiovascular fitness is the only way to gauge fitness, you're absolutely wrong...

Me dumb? I bet you can't even tell the suprasprinatus from the subscapularis? me? dumb? me? a bodybuilder?

Remember that there are several factors in fitness: stregnth, power, endurance, flexibility... so you're just covering one aspect, endurance...

Have you ever considered that there are several physical fitness exams? One for the PARQ (physical assessment readiness questionairre) the military PFT, the NFL and NBA draft camp, and your P.E. PFT

Please stop making arguments that you apparently don't have full awareness of.

shotput thrower ako, di ako endurance athlete. why force a workout made for thin endurance athletes into a powerful explosive shotput thrower?! i admit i cant run like crazy for an hour but i am physically fit pa rin. i can jog for 30 minutes non stop, not slowing down, not drinking anything. i even placed second nung nagkamarathon dito sa village namin eh. nanalo of course eh long distance runner from ATENEO HS na dito rin sa village nakatira. tinalo ko pa yung mga taong nakikita ko tuwing umaga na jogging ng jogging sa loob ng village. chamba lang siguro yun. im heavy due to my muscle mass but my verical leap is greater than those thin guys i play basketball with. im 5'9 and i can reach and hang sa rim with two hands compared to those thin guys i play with na kahit ang payat ang hina naman ng legs. may teammate ako, long distance runner, nag try magdunk di kinaya ng tuhod yung impact na ACL injury tuloy kaya di nakalaro. so i guess i can attribute my condition to... MY PROGRAM. i always go for a checkup and even the doctor i visit would agree na HEALTHY, FIT and CONDITIONED ako kahit na di ako natakbo ng lampas sa isang oras :)

my main focus is to build power, strength, flexibility and explosiveness so i dont freakin care if you outrun me by a thousand mile. my event doesnt require me to endure an hour or so of a cardio session but my routine makes me conditioned and healthy pa rin. likewise, this is the program that made the change for me. and before i share the details again....

disclaimer: im just sharing, not declaring that somebody else's "ENDURANCE ATHLETE/LIGHT WEIGHTS MULTIREPS/MULTISET PROGRAM" is wrong. im no god to judge and tell you that your fitness program is lame. im just person willing to share what has worked for me. it might not be the one for you. and thats the reason why we have other people sharing more stuff. and we thank those people for sharing. :)

before i joined the track and field team of my school, i can classify my body as one that belongs to the endomorph type/class. endomorph yung mga matataba, malaki bilbil/flabs. since malaki daw ako, when i tried out, sa throwing division ako nilagay. tapos yung coach ko na player ng philippine team, binigyan ako ng program.

i lift heavy because im a shotput thrower. i dont do those light weight multi-set/multi-reps combo done by normal people. i dont have the luxury to do so since i have to attend to my sport which is shotput throwing. and obviously, lifting light weights would not help me with my event. the program given by my coach helped me achieve this body i have now. i can wear anything, fit man o loose, and still look good (o diba parang model na rin hahaha joke).

my weights workout is composed of the following (sample lang.. eto yung nasa paper na hinalungkat ko pa sa box ko. 2004 pa to, day 1: Monday lift. iba yung compound lifts for wednesday and friday. share ko lang to kasi nakakatamad isama yung iba pang lifts for wednesday and friday)

1. BARBELL BENCH PRESS warm-up 250 lbs for 12 reps then followed by 400 lbs 5 sets x 8 reps

2. BARBELL BENT OVER ROWS warm-up 250 lbs for 12 reps followed by 300 lbs 5 sets x 8 reps

3. BARBELL SQUATS warmup 250 lbs for 12 reps followed by 450 lbs 5 sets x 8 reps

4. MILITARY PRESS warmup 100 lbs for 12 reps followed by 200 lbs 5 sets x 8 reps

5. CLEAN and PRESS warmup 100 lbs for 12 reps followed by 200 lbs 5 sets x 8 reps

6. DEADLIFTS warmup warmup 250 lbs for 12 reps followed by 450 lbs 5 sets x 8 reps

7. CRUNCHES 3 x 12

yan ang binubuhat ko. kaya ko tapusin in 30-45 minutes yan. 30 sec rest lang lagi kada set. yung clean and press para tumatakbo yung feeling kasi yung hearbeat mo bumibilis kada set. sarap nga eh! tapos yung abs ko, sabi ng coach ko di naman ako brief model kaya enough na daw yung crunches na 3 x 12 tapos mabagal ang motion. effective naman, kasi parang pinupulikat na yung abs ko sa sobrang contraction. ang pinagtataka ko lang eh walang 6-pack na lumabas tulad ng sa mga model ng magazine pero matigas and flat na yung tyan ko. pinasuntok ko nga minsan sa kapatid ko habang nakaflex, di ako nasaktan, siguro dahil malakas na yung muscle sa abs, enough to stabilize the torso for shotput throwing. explain naman ni coach, sa deadlifts/squats/clean and press/military press, nawoworkout na din yung abs kasi it would help stabilize your torso while lifting so no need to focus on too much abs drill. i dont workout with a safety belt. sabi ni coach hayaan daw ang abs ang magstabilize eh.

Cardio ko:

1. 30 minute warmup session (jog)

2. 5 x 100 meters sprinting

3. 5 x 50 meters sprint

4. 20 sets of sprints going up the stairs/20 sets of walking going down the stairs

yan lang ang cardio ko. i dont jog for more than an hour kasi nga shotput thrower ako. and yung program ko, cardio is done on days when i dont lift weights para after cardio session shotput throwing na. ang tumatagal lang ng isang oras sa kin eh yung pagbato ko ng shotput. 1 hour ako practice ng throwing drills para maperfect yung skill ko.

sa program na ginawa ko, never had a day na nainjure ako due to the intensity of the lifts or the short but intense cardios. nainjure ako once pero sa javelin throw na. di kasi ako javelin thrower, nag try ako, eh yung shoes ko madulas, nadulas ako, nasprain ako. hehehe! yun lang injure ko.

after graduating, iba na training ko. same workout pero wala ng shotputting kasi nga di na ko shotput thrower. pero panay compound lifts and bodyweight workout ako. cardio ko separate days pa rin from lifting days. tapos yung abs ko sinabay ko na sa cardio days. mejo dinagdagan ko na rin yung abs exercises na ginagawa ko since di na ko nagshoshotput, pde na ko magpaganda ng abs.. may muscles na sa ibang part ng body due to compound lifts eh.. yun na lang ang lagging :)

shotput thrower ako, di ako endurance athlete. why force a workout made for thin endurance athletes into a powerful explosive shotput thrower?! i admit i cant run like crazy for an hour but i am physically fit pa rin. i can jog for 30 minutes non stop, not slowing down, not drinking anything. i even placed second nung nagkamarathon dito sa village namin eh. nanalo of course eh long distance runner from ATENEO HS na dito rin sa village nakatira. tinalo ko pa yung mga taong nakikita ko tuwing umaga na jogging ng jogging sa loob ng village. chamba lang siguro yun. im heavy due to my muscle mass but my verical leap is greater than those thin guys i play basketball with. im 5'9 and i can reach and hang sa rim with two hands compared to those thin guys i play with na kahit ang payat ang hina naman ng legs. may teammate ako, long distance runner, nag try magdunk di kinaya ng tuhod yung impact na ACL injury tuloy kaya di nakalaro. so i guess i can attribute my condition to... MY PROGRAM. i always go for a checkup and even the doctor i visit would agree na HEALTHY, FIT and CONDITIONED ako kahit na di ako natakbo ng lampas sa isang oras :)

my main focus is to build power, strength, flexibility and explosiveness so i dont freakin care if you outrun me by a thousand mile. my event doesnt require me to endure an hour or so of a cardio session but my routine makes me conditioned and healthy pa rin. likewise, this is the program that made the change for me. and before i share the details again....

disclaimer: im just sharing, not declaring that somebody else's "ENDURANCE ATHLETE/LIGHT WEIGHTS MULTIREPS/MULTISET PROGRAM" is wrong. im no god to judge and tell you that your fitness program is lame. im just person willing to share what has worked for me. it might not be the one for you. and thats the reason why we have other people sharing more stuff. and we thank those people for sharing. :)

before i joined the track and field team of my school, i can classify my body as one that belongs to the endomorph type/class. endomorph yung mga matataba, malaki bilbil/flabs. since malaki daw ako, when i tried out, sa throwing division ako nilagay. tapos yung coach ko na player ng philippine team, binigyan ako ng program.

i lift heavy because im a shotput thrower. i dont do those light weight multi-set/multi-reps combo done by normal people. i dont have the luxury to do so since i have to attend to my sport which is shotput throwing. and obviously, lifting light weights would not help me with my event. the program given by my coach helped me achieve this body i have now. i can wear anything, fit man o loose, and still look good (o diba parang model na rin hahaha joke).

my weights workout is composed of the following (sample lang.. eto yung nasa paper na hinalungkat ko pa sa box ko. 2004 pa to, day 1: Monday lift. iba yung compound lifts for wednesday and friday. share ko lang to kasi nakakatamad isama yung iba pang lifts for wednesday and friday)

1. BARBELL BENCH PRESS warm-up 250 lbs for 12 reps then followed by 400 lbs 5 sets x 8 reps

2. BARBELL BENT OVER ROWS warm-up 250 lbs for 12 reps followed by 300 lbs 5 sets x 8 reps

3. BARBELL SQUATS warmup 250 lbs for 12 reps followed by 450 lbs 5 sets x 8 reps

4. MILITARY PRESS warmup 100 lbs for 12 reps followed by 200 lbs 5 sets x 8 reps

5. CLEAN and PRESS warmup 100 lbs for 12 reps followed by 200 lbs 5 sets x 8 reps

6. DEADLIFTS warmup warmup 250 lbs for 12 reps followed by 450 lbs 5 sets x 8 reps

7. CRUNCHES 3 x 12

yan ang binubuhat ko. kaya ko tapusin in 30-45 minutes yan. 30 sec rest lang lagi kada set. yung clean and press para tumatakbo yung feeling kasi yung hearbeat mo bumibilis kada set. sarap nga eh! tapos yung abs ko, sabi ng coach ko di naman ako brief model kaya enough na daw yung crunches na 3 x 12 tapos mabagal ang motion. effective naman, kasi parang pinupulikat na yung abs ko sa sobrang contraction. ang pinagtataka ko lang eh walang 6-pack na lumabas tulad ng sa mga model ng magazine pero matigas and flat na yung tyan ko. pinasuntok ko nga minsan sa kapatid ko habang nakaflex, di ako nasaktan, siguro dahil malakas na yung muscle sa abs, enough to stabilize the torso for shotput throwing. explain naman ni coach, sa deadlifts/squats/clean and press/military press, nawoworkout na din yung abs kasi it would help stabilize your torso while lifting so no need to focus on too much abs drill. i dont workout with a safety belt. sabi ni coach hayaan daw ang abs ang magstabilize eh.

Cardio ko:

1. 30 minute warmup session (jog)

2. 5 x 100 meters sprinting

3. 5 x 50 meters sprint

4. 20 sets of sprints going up the stairs/20 sets of walking going down the stairs

yan lang ang cardio ko. i dont jog for more than an hour kasi nga shotput thrower ako. and yung program ko, cardio is done on days when i dont lift weights para after cardio session shotput throwing na. ang tumatagal lang ng isang oras sa kin eh yung pagbato ko ng shotput. 1 hour ako practice ng throwing drills para maperfect yung skill ko.

sa program na ginawa ko, never had a day na nainjure ako due to the intensity of the lifts or the short but intense cardios. nainjure ako once pero sa javelin throw na. di kasi ako javelin thrower, nag try ako, eh yung shoes ko madulas, nadulas ako, nasprain ako. hehehe! yun lang injure ko.

after graduating, iba na training ko. same workout pero wala ng shotputting kasi nga di na ko shotput thrower. pero panay compound lifts and bodyweight workout ako. cardio ko separate days pa rin from lifting days. tapos yung abs ko sinabay ko na sa cardio days. mejo dinagdagan ko na rin yung abs exercises na ginagawa ko since di na ko nagshoshotput, pde na ko magpaganda ng abs.. may muscles na sa ibang part ng body due to compound lifts eh.. yun na lang ang lagging :)

I like your routine... very sound and basic

Have you ever checked out crossfit.com?

not yet sir olympus but what your preaching is exactly what my coach and my ex-teammate (who happened to play as an HS FOOTBALL PLAYER somewhere in CALIFORNIA) had been telling me. my coach even said that if you compare the the body fat percentage of a sprinter (who does a lot of short interval training instead of running like crazy for 10km or for more than an hour) is less compare to the body fat percentage of a marathon runner (who, ironically, runs a lot using slow paced/moderate level training). the sprinter may look bigger than a marathon/endurance athlete but thats because of his lean mass. short and intense workouts will give you lean mass/muscles which will help in burning fat stored inside your body (even men's health magazine said so). my program is similar to our sprinters' program (of course they dont have the shotput throwing drills that i have).

likewise, just to back up short intense training sessions, i remember that our sprinters dont run continuously for about an hour using the same phasing/moderate level. the moderate level of running or what we call jogging is only done for about 4 laps around the football field as a warmup and 1 lap as a cooldown by our sprinters. what they do a lot would be the sprinting drills. they also hit the weights and do the same compound lifts that i do but with lighter load (weight they use is lite for a person like me) and they also have additional isolated workouts solely to develop the legs (example: leg curls for the hamstring). we all spend 30-45 minutes inside the weights gym. our coach would get mad if we spend more than an hour lifting.

our coach also mentioned that if you can lift the weight for more than 15 reps, then thats useless since it means that your body has already adapted to the load and muscles wont sweat a bit. for muscles to grow, you need to load more weights, therefore, forcing it to rebuild and make itself larger to handle heavier loads. and as i have said above, more muscles means more fat burning inside your body, lesser bodyfat percentage. basta ako, i dont lift to boost my ego and show other guys how weak they are. infact i lift weights pag walang tao. ako lang and yung taga linis ng gym. ayoko maraming tao. istorbo sa compound lifts ko yung iba eh, padaan daan, nakikisingit, babawasan yung weight tapos magbubuhat ng napakadaming set/reps eh ang gaan naman ng buhat.

i know somebody here mentioned na "bakit yung mga powerlifter, mabibigat magbuhat pero mataba?" well because most of those under the heavyweight division of powerlifting competitions dont care much about calorie intake. the sport they are competing in is not bodybuilding anyways. its on the powerlifts: squats, bench press and deadlifts. they load more than 100% of their one rep max and try to hold it for a few seconds before letting go of the weight. powerlift nga! may kakilala ako powerlifter tapos shotput thrower din, mataba sya, he eats and takes in 7,000 calories plus per day. meron din powerlifter na fit and di mataba so dont generalize.

and based from experience, may teammate ako na masbata sa kin, endurance athlete yun ha. long distance runner ng team namin, nagkaron ng sakit sa puso. o endurance athlete yun ha, payat yun, natakbo ng mahigit isang oras yun, pero nagkaron pa rin ng sakit sa puso. di rin nakapaglaro nung ncaa yun last year kahit na sya na yung team captain ng team.

i had another endurance athlete/long distance runner na teammate na nagka ACL injury nung nagcross training kami ng basketball. ang gaan gaan na nun ha. payat din yun. masbata rin sa akin. one year din na di naglaro yun nung 2003. ako, mabigat, pero malaki thighs ko, mahilig ako tumalon talon, abot ko pa yung ring pero di ako nagkainjury. kaya ng legs ko weight ko eh. kaya ko tumakbo na may angkas na matabang tao. hehehe. ginawa ko yun nung nag-aqua training kami.

i guess with that, nobody can proclaim na di healthy yung workout program ko since di naman ako yung nagkasakit sa puso o nagka-injry. ive been stickin with my routine for the past 5 years, nasa genetics ng family ko ang sakit sa puso pero di pa ko nagkakaron ng sakit sa puso. i even enjoy sprinting the stairs whenever i would encounter one, sa bahay man or sa labas without even worrying about catching my breath. hmm! :hypocritesmiley:

if people can proclaim that fitness cannot be measured thru how heavy you bench press, i can also conclude that from what my teammates experienced, fitness cannot be measured as well by how long or how far you can run. :lol: :lol: :lol:

word of warning for the fitness programs posted...

They are mostly for more experienced athletes... if yer starting out, please don't try these work outs with out proper supervision... you can really hurt yerself... but if you've had enough experience, its a wealth of knowledge and a huge difference from yer conventional programs...

Depende rin siguro sa frame ng body mo kung ano ang magandang program.

At syempre din kung anong sports ka into. Like me, im a cyclist, in my younger years before i became a beer guzzler. Buto't balat muscle ang katawan ko (di kami nagkakalayao ni Lance Armstrong joke lang :)). Medyo may lifting din ako for the biceps and triceps kasi mas malakas ako sa uphill, lagi kang nakatayo sa bike. Kundi mangangawit ka sa braso kung ala kang strength dun. Not like yun mga sprinters, mas leaner frame sila kasi mabilisian sila lagi sa flat roads.

got this from a blog site, very funny, hahahaha!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minsan, hinihingi ko kay Lord, tutal ipinagkait na rin lang niya sa akin ang love life, baka naman puwedeng ibigay na lang niya ang isang bagay na matagal ko na ring inaasam-asam. “Kapag hinandugan mo ako nito,” sabi ko nga sa dalangin ko, “hindi ko na babalahurain pa sina Chokoleit at Erik Santos. Promise.” Malaking sakripisyo na rin iyon.

Gusto kong maging tinapay at karne. Yung masarap.

Nagsimula ang lahat noong isang araw sa aking high school kung saan pinagkakaguluhan ng mga kaklase kong babae’t bading ang isang magasin. Ang nasa cover ay ang noong-bagong-saltang si Lucky Manzano na nakasilip mula sa isang poste nang walang saplot; natatakpan ang bayag at titi* niya ng poste kaya walang aberya.

69 Sexiest Bachelors: mga naggaguwapuha’t may kasikatang kalalakihan na mahusay sa panlalalaglag ng mga panty ng mga bebot. May kakayahan ang mga katawan nila na bigyan ang isang babae ng passport papunta sa langit.

Hayun sila sa magasin, pinilit at binayaran upang makunan ng hubad para pagpiyestahan ng mga uhaw sa laman. Hindi tulad ng kababaihan, walang isyu sa mga lalaki ang pagiging commodity.

Ang handa sa piyestang iyon ay pawis ng lalaki, nagbibigatang buto’t karne, at mainit-init na pandesal sa kani-kanilang mga tiyan. Testosterone din ang dessert. Ang maganda sa piyestang iyon, hanggang tingin at pantasya lang ang mga bisita. Hindi nila puwedeng kainin ang mga karne’t pandesal na naka-displaym kaya hindi baleng may buhok-buhok ang karne.

Tila nagkaroon ako ng calling.

Doon nadagdag sa mga pangarap ko ang maging taong karne, isang binatang tinapay. Inisip ko, “Ang sarap sigurong maging laman ng pantasya ng mga tao. Ang sarap sigurong magkaroon ng karapatan at kumpiyansang humarap sa publiko ng wala o kokonti lang ang suot. Ang sarap sigurong kainggitan ng ibang mga lalaki.”

Wala akong pande-pandesal sa tiyan; mamon lang na hindi mainit at hindi bagay na gawing appetizer. Hindi rin purong sizzling beef steak ang mga braso ko. Siopao sila—may karne nga sa loob, nababalot naman ng harina. Kaya kitang dalhin sa mga balikat ko, pero hanggang doon lang, miss; wala akong kapangyarihang dalhin ka sa langit.

Hindi gaya nina Zanjoe Marudo, Brent Javier, Coco Martin, at kung sinu-sino pa.

Tama nga ang propesor ko sa History 2. Hindi nga tayo nasakop ng mga Kano, pero naiimpluwensiyahan pa rin nila ang ating kultura’t pag-iisip. Dahil talamak na rin ang colonial mentality sa Pilipinas, nagbago na rin siguro ang diet ng mga Pilipina. Kanin at ulam ang sikat sa bansa, pero ang trip ngayon na pakyawin, purong karne na lang. Paminsan-minsan, may kasamang tinapay. Ayaw na sa may kanin. American-style kumbaga.

Paano na ang isang Pinoy na binatang tulad ko na kanin at ulam pa rin ang katawan? Laos na ang ganitong kombinasyon. Naisip ko, kailangan kong maging karne’t tinapay nang sa gayon, ang katawang pang-luksong kalabaw lang ay maging katawang pangromansa at pang-billboard sa EDSA.

Sa mga oras na iyon ng pagkalito, tila nagkailaw ang mapanglaw na daan nang nakadampot ako ng flyer ng isang banal na lugar.

Ang gym.

Tinalikuran ko ang dati kong buhay na subsob lang sa pagpapapogi ng utak. Iyon ay upang pagtuunan ng pansin ang bago kong pananampalataya. Pumasok ako sa templo ng bago kong relihiyon. Sa tindi ng aking debosyon, nagkaroon ako ng pag-asa.

Nakita ko kaagad ang mga taong nananalanging maging sugo rin ng langit. Hayun sa sulok ang dakilang monghe. Ang siyang nakakaalam marahil ng lahat.

Ipinagkatiwala ko ang buhay at kaluluwa ko kay kabanal-banalang Kuya Chris.

“Kuya,” pakiusap ko, “gawin mo akong karapat-dapat sa mata ng mga diyosa. Turuan mo ako kung paano pumunta sa langit at kung paano magpadala ng mga kaluluwang dalaga doon.”

“Matutulungan kita,” aniya, ngunit binalaan ako ni Kuya Chris, “Maraming tukso sa daan papunta sa pangarap mo. Nariyan ang malilinamnam na pagkain, ang kawalan ng gana’t disiplina, at trabaho sa eskuwela. Kakayanin mo bang lampasan ang mga ito?”

Malakas na loob kong sinagot, “Opo.”

“Maiiwasan mo ba ang maruming karne ng baboy?”

“Opo. Karne na lang ng isda at manok.”

“May maaalay ka bang walong daang piso kada buwan?”

“Inyo po ang kayamanan ko.”

At hayun ako, pinasan ang samu’t-saring bakal at isinagawa ang iba’t ibang ritwal na, ayon kay Kuya Chris, esensiyal upang maging karapat-dapat sa mata ng mga talent scout ng Bench Body at Mossimo. Oras-oras ay aking pinanalangin na maging karne’t tinapay para magkaroon ng pag-asang pagpiyestahan din ng mga deboto balang araw.

Subalit tunay na malakas ang hila ng tukso. Ang aking pagsamba ay nagambala ng aking pag-aaral. Kinain ng trabaho ang oras na sana’y nalalaan ko sa gym. Mas ninais kong ireserba ang enerhiya ko sa mga takdang aralin sa UP.

Habang tumatakbo sa treadmill, naisip ko, bakit tila wala akong nararating? Pagod na ako. Sawa na ako. Pinindot ko ang Stop na butones doon sa treadmill. Ang kinatatayuan ko noong bago ako nagsimulang tumakbo ay pareho pa rin noong tumigil ako. Wala akong narating gaano man katulin ang pagtakbo ko. Matapos sumuko ng katawan ko, sumunod naman sa kawalan ng determinasyon ang puso ko; bumagal nang bumagal ang pagtibok nito.**

Isang araw, sa Hardin ng Gloria’s Fastfood, binulungan ako ng mukhang ahas na nilalang sa tabi ko, “Kumain ka ng sisig.”

Pinrotesta ko, “Ngunit ang utos sa akin ay huwag kainin ang karne ng baboy.”

“Kapag kinain mo iyan,” payo ng ahas, “magkakaroon ka ng konsepto ng tama at mali.”

Binili ko nga ang sisig at kinain ito para sa tanghalian ko. Matapos kong kumain, napagtanto ko na mali na kumain ako ng baboy. Noong nalaman ito ng desired self ko, nagalit siya at pinagsabihan ako.

“Patawarin mo ako, o misyonaryo ng kagandahang panlalaki, dahil natibag ang aking debosyon!” sabi ko.

Subalit ako’y pinarusaha’t napalayas sa templo ng pagpapaganda ng katawan. Dahil sa hindi ko pagsunod sa bilin ni Kuya Chris, magkakaroon daw ako ng malisya sa paghubad at tuluyang mahihiya ako sa pagpapakita ng katawan ko sa ibang mga nilalang sa daigdig.

Tinanggap ko ang mapait kong kaparusahan. Nagbalik ako sa simpleng pamumuhay na subsob sa pag-aaral at panonood ng telebisyon. Tama ang sumpa ni Kuya Chris. Tuluyan nang hindi natupad ang dalangin kong magkaroon ng katawang purong karne’t tinapay na nagresulta sa hiya kong ipakita ito ng may yabang sa mga Pilipina. Ang katawan ko ay nabilanggo sa makukulay na telang rehas na kung tawagin ay mga damit. Nakakalaya lamang ang bilanggo tuwing nagbibihis ako’t naliligo.

Ngayon, inggit at kalungkutan ang nararamdaman ko tuwing nakikita ko ang mga kalalakihang nagawang magtagumpay sa pagkakaroon ng katawang pangromansa.

Tama nga ang payo ni Kuya Chris. Noong minsang nagpapahinga ako, sinambit niya sa akin na kapag pinasok ko raw ang buhay sa templo ng pagpapaganda ng katawan, dapat talikuran ko raw lahat, sapagkat para makapasok sa kalangitan, ang pag-aari, pagsasalita, at lebel ng edukasyon ay hindi kailangan; korte ng katawan lang talaga ang huhusgahan.

“The first will be last and the last will be first.” Ang mga nangunguna raw sa popularidad ang ihuhuli sa mga palabas tulad ng “The C Show” at “Cosmo Bachelor Bash,” habang ang mga nahuhuli sa kasikatan ang pauunahin. Ito raw ang patakaran sa mundo ng pagmomodelo ng bikini, boxer briefs, at swimming trunks.

Kaso hindi ko kayang talikuran ang pag-aaral. Ni hindi ko nga kayang hatiin ang oras ko para sa pag-aaral at gym, tatalikuran ko pa?

Hindi bale. Pagkatapos ko ng kolehiyo, babalik ako sa templo at magsisimula muli. Seseryosohin ko na. Makakamtan ko rin ang kalayaan mula sa hiya ng pagpapakita ng katawan sa publiko. Magiging karne’t tinapay din ako na hindi papahuli sa lasa.

Sinabi minsan ng isang babae***, “Let any man who is secure enough of his sexuality among human beings be vocal of the beautiful male bodies he sees and stand before my face.”

Tumayo ako. “Wala akong pakialam kung mapagkamalan akong bakla o may sa-babae; hindi ako mahihiyang sabihing maganda ang katawan ng isang lalaki at na kinaiinggitan ko siya.”

Sinagot niya, “Step away from the others and I shall tell you the mysteries of heaven, such as the reason why underwear shows do not get censored unlike stripping bars, even if they’re visually the same. It is possible for you to reach heaven, but you might grieve a great deal. Do what you must do.”

So be it.

St. Marc Nelson, pray for us.

St. Rafael Rosell, pray for us.

St. John Hall, pray for us.

St. Construction Worker, pray for us.

###############

* Ginamit ko ng lantaran ang mga salitang “bayag” at “titi” bilang protesta sa konseptong bastos na wika ang Filipino.

** Nagmamaka-artsy: treadmill bilang simbolo ng karanasan ko sa pagdyi-gym.

*** Hango sa isang bahagi ng Gospel of Judas.

word of warning for the fitness programs posted...

They are mostly for more experienced athletes... if yer starting out, please don't try these work outs with out proper supervision... you can really hurt yerself... but if you've had enough experience, its a wealth of knowledge and a huge difference from yer conventional programs...

There are watered down versions of the benchmark workouts in orum.brandxmartialarts.com