Motoring For Dummies - All Your Car & Driving Questions Answered H

• 1 month later...
Mga mates.. How much usually is the cost pag nag-paayos kayo ng mga wiring... yung bang papalitan lahat ng installation ng wiring sa car mo?

for regular sedans/saloons with basic loads sans amplified sound set up (this probably applies to 80's cars) you'll find independent/ freelance auto electricians charging between 7 -9 k (labor and materials - wiring harness, tape, auto wires, etc)

the process usually takes a couple of days tops (a day for stripping, another for rewiring)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
mga bossing:

paano ba magadjust ng fuel and air mixture ng carburetor at pano mo malalaman kung tama ang adjustment na ginawa mo?

subjective feeling

thinning the F/A mixture will save you fuel at the expense of power. so basically at low revs or gears. youll feel that your car is kinda sluggish moving forward. or even seizes stalls etc etc. but when you overcome inertia and going straight like on a highway, where torque is not that important. youll save fuel.

doing the opposite, more fuel to air mixture, will give you power on the low range, at the expense of fuel consumption on both low gears and high gears. it also gives you a sluggish feel on the high revs

The idea setting will be the mixture where it will give you adequate torque on the low range and a smooth transition to high range without feeling of power inadequacy and fuel consumption discrepancies

• 2 weeks later...

puwede tantiyahin yan.... pero mas maganda na makita mo na gagawin ng actual sa vehicle mo ... with the help of a good mechanic :thumbsupsmiley: .... mahirap i-explain yan ....pag naexplain mo ng maganda .. mahirap naman i-apply yung explanation sa actual ....

its always best if you have a tachometer to set your idle speed. if the tachometer is very accurate and you just had an oil change the better. use the idle screw to set your idle speed to 800rpms, then using the A/F screw turn it till the engine is running smoothly.

Either go to a mechanic with an air fuel sensor or just use your nose. We use the nose method more often on lpg vehicles.

But to directly answe your question on how to adjust A/F ratio, you will have to change fuel jets located inside the carb. How many jets depends on how many barrels your carb has. How to get to the jets depends on your carb design. Most jap cars require disassembly of the carb or simply removing two large screws to get to the jets. Either way it's not something a novice should tinker with.

i've experienced this about 3 times already at different gas stations.. gas boys just leave the nozzle while attending to some other customers, tapos matatanggal yung nozzle, matatapon yung gas tatama sa kotse tsaka kakalat sa pavement. nakakainis kasi iniiwan na hindi inaayos kaya natatanggal, marami din nasasayang. i get mad, minsan sasagutin ka pa ng gas boy na wala naman daw natapon kasi auto shut-off pero kitang kita na basang-basa kotse tsaka sahig. kung di lang ako nagmamadali magrereklamo pa ko sa manager. how would you handle the same situation?

i've experienced this about 3 times already at different gas stations.. gas boys just leave the nozzle while attending to some other customers, tapos matatanggal yung nozzle, matatapon yung gas tatama sa kotse tsaka kakalat sa pavement. nakakainis kasi iniiwan na hindi inaayos kaya natatanggal, marami din nasasayang. i get mad, minsan sasagutin ka pa ng gas boy na wala naman daw natapon kasi auto shut-off pero kitang kita na basang-basa kotse tsaka sahig. kung di lang ako nagmamadali magrereklamo pa ko sa manager. how would you handle the same situation?

me? i will just advise the gasoline boy and would not go back to that gas station again.

daming gas station na pwedeng pagpilian eh.

yun nga pinagpasensyahan ko na lang, di na ako nagreklamo. pero nabadtrip lang ako nung pagbaba ko ng kotse para tignan tapos nakita ko basang basa na gilid ng kotse, pati sahig, tapos biglang sabi agad "sir, wala ho yan di naman natapon".. haaayy nakakaawa na lang kasi syempre naghahanap buhay pero sana lang ayusin. sayang din yung gas na natapon na lang basta

everytime i gas up... i make sure that i turn off the engine ... go down ...face the pump ....make sure that he puts and holds the hose nicely... nangyari na kasi sa kapatid ko na nagpagas siya tapos hindi naibalik ang cover . e hiniram niya lang sakin yung car.... ang mahal kaya ng gas cap ng benz .... mukhang sinadya.. so binalikan ko ... alam niyo ba , itinanggi ng assistant na niya siya ang nag gas up sa auto ko .. letse yun a ... kinausap ko talaga manager ... kasi kung hindi nila papalitan ang gas cap ko ... ikukulong ko talaga yung babae .... pinalitan naman ... kaya simula nun sinisindak ko na talaga ang gasboy ... binabantayan ko ... para hindi niya iwan ang kotse hangga't hindi natatapos ang pump sa pagload sa kotse.

This happened to me once. It was early in the morning and inaantok pa yata ang gas boy. Some gas spilled over from the nozzle to my car's body and rear tire. Good thing the manager was there on-hand to witness it. Di naman marami yung natapon, but I got a few pesos off my gas bill from that.

Edited by archbishop

am planning to install an additional reverse light on my ride. thing is am not so sure on the wiring aspect since am going to be using a fog lamp..

should i directly tap it into the existing wire from the tail light or should i use a relay first?? any advise would be highly appreciated

Guest Dobermaxx

The standard wiring for a reverse light can't handle the electrical load for a fog light. I would suggest a relay and place it at the source of the current, usually the fuse box under the hood and run a new line just for the fog light.