Motoring For Dummies - All Your Car & Driving Questions Answered H

One can also try either of the Branches of Allen C. Isidro automotive restoration shops:

1.  Quezon Avenue fronting Sto. Domingo Church;

2.  E. Rodriguez Sr Avenue (between Judge Jimenez and Egea Sts.) Left side if you are going to cubao.

while Allen C. Isidro no longer owns both shops, the new owners have kept all of his previous staff/workers and vows to carry on the legacy that is superbly known as ACIsidro....

thanks sa info

• 4 weeks later...
hi! I own a 93 Nissan Sentra Automatic. I just need to ask a question. Lately may napansin akong may kumakatok under my car. everytime yun pag naka idle akong matagal or pag umaatras. any ideas? tatakot kasi akong mag dala sa Mekaniko ng walang idea e. baka mag kagaguhan. ehehehe

Could you please be specific regarding the katok sound? Does that sounds went off if you're in D mode? Meantime, here are some things that needs to be check: Wheel Bearing, rods, camber. Again, it would be best if a good mechanic can look into it.

hi! I own a 93 Nissan Sentra Automatic. I just need to ask a question. Lately may napansin akong may kumakatok under my car. everytime yun pag naka idle akong matagal or pag umaatras. any ideas? tatakot kasi akong mag dala sa Mekaniko ng walang idea e. baka mag kagaguhan. ehehehe

If it's during idling, your car may have what they call in the US as "engine knock". Do you stick to one particular brand (Caltex, Shell, etc.) and type of gasoline? If not, then I suggest that you do after you've had your engine repaired. Some people may say na pare-pareho lang ang gasolina pero it's not true. For those who are really very particular about their cars and have a "feel" for their car's engine, mapapansin nila ang difference in performance once they switch brands.

If it's during idling, your car may have what they call in the US as "engine knock". Do you stick to one particular brand (Caltex, Shell, etc.) and type of gasoline? If not, then I suggest that you do after you've had your engine repaired. Some people may say na pare-pareho lang ang gasolina pero it's not true. For those who are really very particular about their cars and have a "feel" for their car's engine, mapapansin nila ang difference in performance once they switch brands.

Actually Petron Extra unleaded gamit ko. :D

Pero good news napaayos ko na. yung pinsan ko tumingin nakita niya. mis - align ang exhaust pipe. :( Pero ok na ngayun.

kakahiya. ang simple lang pala nun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
doyou guys know kung saan magaling magpalit ng shocks ng gsr 98 model.o heard sa evangelista sa banawe ok.totoo ba ito?and magkano kaya.

I think changing shocks for your car is relatively easy and straightforward. Kaya kahit saang experienced car shop mo dalhin ang kotse mo would be fine.

That said, I changed shocks on one of my earlier cars in this place along the former Laong Laan - Nicanor Roxas na siya ngayon - in between Banawe and D. Tuazon. Sorry, can't remember it's exact name but coming from Banawe it's about <100 meters in the right side. They specialize in under chasis repair.

What I did was I bought my shocks in one of the nearby shops along Banawe (brand 555 ata and the shop was Kenricks) and brought it to the repair shop. Nung may kulang pa akong piyesa habang ginagawa na yung kotse, all I did was walk to Banawe, buy the needed part and walk back.

By the way, I remember paying 5K for a pair of shocks back then and the labor was unexpectedly cheap (parang 300/shock). But then again, tagal na nito.

• 3 weeks later...

Used to own a 1984 ford laser hatchback 5 speed manual done a lot of repaired on that little car from starter to bypass heater pipe and other minor maintenance works. I'm no mechanic but sometimes you just have to do it yourself if you want to save some bucks, but of course, if the repair is more complex you'd be better off getting the expert just in case you stuff it up otherwise it could be even more costly.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Ano ginamit nyo panlinis ng Windshield?

Kasi sabi sa akin pag hindi daw makuha ng Windshield Cleaner na Paste, bilhin ko na lng daw yung Rain Away na brand. Yung water daw narerepel daw sa windshield.

Pero kung wala pa rin baka palitan ko na lang buong windshield. Kaso mahal sa Casa. Pero dun sa mga Replacements around 5thou daw kaso sympre hindi pa ako sigurado.

Guest xHANGMANx
don't use newspaper. may oils yan na lalong makakapasira ng salamin.

use ammonia or vinegar.

pero kung talagang malala na, windshield detailing na lang.

problema ko na rin pala to

may rainbow na windshield ko

sa ammonia ba mawawala yun?

Guest Dobermaxx

I have a similar problem with watermarks. I've tried all sorts of window cleaners pero wala pa rin. A frind of mine suggested rubbing it with pumice but i don't know where to find it.

May nagsabi sa akin pag hindi na daw natanggal yung rainbowing eh gumamit daw ng rain repellant. Bibili ako this weekend tapos itry ko kung ok.

Pero napapaisip din ako palitan windshield ko. Yung replacement eh 5thou ata. Pag sa Casa gagastos ako ng 20thou.

Ang kabado lang ako sa replacement eh yung pag-kabit ng windshield. Kasi baka pag umulan may tumulo sa sides eh.

Pero yung replacement na windshield na sinasabi ko eh Aguila ang gumagawa. Sikat na rin sa pag gawa ng windshield yun.