Motoring For Dummies - All Your Car & Driving Questions Answered H

I believe it is caused by various reasons such as Wiper Blade condition (cracked-up)..and yes..the WATER.

Streaking and water spots are mostly from "hard water"..which is a combination of mainly calcium & magnesium (plus many more) which contributes to hardness..it can occur when you clean your windshield with "deepwell" water..if not..during fill-up sa gas station..the attendants would ask.."Sir, windshield cleaning?"..yes naman tayo! But little do we know what water they use...then we drive off with a feeling of a squeeky clean windshield..but as the sun ray heats up our car glass...then we see little round water marks and when it isnt clean immediately...it dries up.

There are lots of glass cleaners in the market...theyre ok..but you can also use simple household stuff (no need to go and buy sa gas station...Dad..may bibilhin lang ako sa Caltex...style!)...

Hardness "scales-spots" can be removed by slightly acidic water...what I do is..get a "tabo"..put some purified water (yup..the drinking water)..a bit warm to touch...then get Vinegar (suka)..just 2~3 table spoon would do..mix it. Get another tabo of purified water for rinsing..walang suka, just water

Get a clean rug (2 to be exact)...gently rub the marks off..circular motion (ala Karate Kid..wax in-wax out)...then wipe it clean with the other rug dipped with purified water...That's it!

As for washer reservoir...many are being sold in the market..theyre ok, again...but what I do is try to get the old shampoo bottles (yun malapit na ma-ubos or your mom would k*ll yah!)..mix with purified water and use it to top up that reservoir..I also use JOY..or the other dishwashing liquid in the kitchen...but not so many coz it promotes bubbles..

Never use powdered detergents coz it would dry up and clog your small water hoses.

Rain Away is good also...but I noticed that after initial application..you have to "clean" well your wiper before applying again..it last for a couple of days naman..but it's fantastic during rainy season...if you dont clean your windshield..the effects diminishes...

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Dudes ! we live in an area unserved by MWSS and have to rely on deep well water . man nahalata ko na namumuti yung salamin all around and the paintwork ( if examined closely ) has parang scales. help naman in getting and keeping them off . tenks dudes !

Its not always good to use rubbing compound cause it strips away clear coat. and it makes your paint thinner. Okey lang siguro paminsan minsan but make sure you put on wax or paint protection. Meguiar has a good product na available sa most auto detailers yung pang paint protection nila. I forgot the name e. parang Diamont paint sealer. I go to detailers every 6 months para protected parati paint.

Ako what i do for minor scratches is buy a wax that has color pigments. Matagal din mawala. re apply na lang pag lumabas ulit yung scratch.

wierd but it happened too on my 95 lancer glxi......it was parked in direct sunlight though when a pebble hit it and the glass shattered into a thousand bits... my guess is the frame of the windshield and glass has too little clearance. so when the frame heats up it puts pressure on the glass. so a little shock or vibation serves as the catalyst on the already stressed glass surface

• 3 weeks later...