Motoring For Dummies - All Your Car & Driving Questions Answered H

I go to the experts... since di naman ako expert sa car.

One piece of advise lang.

NEVER GO TO SEROLF AUTO SHOP

located in Dona Soledad Better living pnque.

MASISIRA CAR NINYO!!!!

:) much better na gastusan sa casa or mga big time auto shops. that's one lesson learned lately.

I have some technical question bro's curious lang. Ano ba effect sa sasakyan kung di ka nagpapachange oil. I really wonder what it is?

1 had one car that wasn't scheduled for change oil (for 2 years) ... laging nakaklimutan ... .

alam mo ba bumigay ang makina ..sobrang nagbara ang oil filter.. akala ng makina wala nang langis .. kumatok ...

mAJOr overhaul ng makina ang inabot.. ang mahal ...

better have yours every 3 to4 months

I do most of the repairs that I can like tune-ups, brakes, suspension and other engine related.....pero pag kailangan na ibaba ang engine or tranmission ayaw ko na, baka mapisa lang ako sa ilalim...

change-oil ang di ko ginagawa, very simple pero messy.....

mahilig ako mangalikot eh, lalo na sa pagaari ng iba.... :mtc:

I have heard varying reports as to which is brighter. I have heard most say that the 6500k are brighter because the 8000k has a colored tint.

If I was using one for low beams and the other for high beams, which should be used? Right now I have 4300k bulbs for low beams and a 6500k HID kit for my highs but I want HIDs for both high and low.

Any opinions?

Welcome to the Philippines

Jeepney drivers, Bus drivers, Tricycle drivers ..... AS IF THEY DO NOT SEE the vehicle you drive on the ADJACENT LANES .......

They will swerve LEFT, They will swerve RIGHT, They will swerve HARD

and they will say HANAPBUHAY lang ..... Hanap patay is more likely

Y'all!

Road courtesy seems to be an alien word, especially here in the Philippines - where there are traffic rules but are blatantly being ignored.

One particularly irritating habit by motorists for me is their inability to use their signal lights when they turn or change lanes.

What's your take on this guys? :headsetsmiley:

Guest Leviticus
Welcome to the Philippines

Jeepney drivers, Bus drivers, Tricycle drivers ..... AS IF THEY DO NOT SEE the vehicle you drive on the ADJACENT LANES .......

They will swerve LEFT, They will swerve RIGHT, They will swerve HARD

and they will say HANAPBUHAY lang ..... Hanap patay is more likely

road rules here are more of "guidelines". the real problem is that only a few handful are enforcing it, and lesser do it as service to us citizens. more for the tong than for service.

oh well..

even if you are the best driver and the most defensive driver in the world, our safety still lies in the hands of stupid and irresponsible drivers out there.

I have some technical question bro's curious lang. Ano ba effect sa sasakyan kung di ka nagpapachange oil. I really wonder what it is?

Para kang hindi dyumebs o umihi ng ilang taon.

The oil ultimately collects all the byproducts of the combustion process of the engine...this is why the oil gets darker the longer you have it in your engine. If you don't have it replaced, eventually it breaks down and you will end up with SLUDGE. This sludge can no longer lubricate your engine's internals like a proper oil should.

Oil is not only the lifeblood of your car. It's also where a lot of the s@%t goes so it has to be replaced regularly. Moral lesson: from a maintenance standpoint, you can never change your oil too frequently.

Para kang hindi dyumebs o umihi ng ilang taon.

The oil ultimately collects all the byproducts of the combustion process of the engine...this is why the oil gets darker the longer you have it in your engine. If you don't have it replaced, eventually it breaks down and you will end up with SLUDGE. This sludge can no longer lubricate your engine's internals like a proper oil should.

Oil is not only the lifeblood of your car. It's also where a lot of the s@%t goes so it has to be replaced regularly. Moral lesson: from a maintenance standpoint, you can never change your oil too frequently.

i agree, i use fully synth oil, and even just after 5k kms, it's too dark already...

so even though it's very expensive, i change oil every 5k nalang, basta alaga lang yung makina... :)

Excerpts:

An unusual document from the Vatican's office for migrants and itinerant people also warned that cars can be "an occasion of sin" — particularly when they are used for dangerous passing or for prostitution.

It warned about the effects of road rage, saying driving can bring out "primitive" behavior in motorists, including "impoliteness, rude gestures, cursing, blasphemy, loss of sense of responsibility or deliberate infringement of the highway code."

It urged motorists to obey traffic regulations, drive with a moral sense, and to pray when behind the wheel.

The "Drivers' Ten Commandments," as listed by the document, are:

1. You shall not k*ll.

2. The road shall be for you a means of communion between people and not of mortal harm.

3. Courtesy, uprightness and prudence will help you deal with unforeseen events.

4. Be charitable and help your neighbor in need, especially victims of accidents.

5. Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination, and an occasion of sin.

6. Charitably convince the young and not so young not to drive when they are not in a fitting condition to do so.

7. Support the families of accident victims.

8. Bring guilty motorists and their victims together, at the appropriate time, so that they can undergo the liberating experience of forgiveness.

9. On the road, protect the more vulnerable party.

10. Feel responsible toward others.

if i had the correct tools at parts and I think I can do without help ako na gumagawa... pero if its not wirth the time and effort at mas cheaper ipagawa dadalin ko na lang sa mechanic.

minsan kasi di mo na naenjoy yun DIY pag sobra pagod ka kakagawa at minsan may masisira ka pa.

I have heard from a friend that Acetone (pure acetone, that is, not the one used in removing nail polish) can improve fuel combustion, and thereby contribute to fuel efficiency, when added to gasoline. What I heard was to add about 60ml of pure acetone to a tankfull of gasoline.

The question now is, does this really work and is it safe?

If so, where can pure acetone be purchased locally?

Thanks a lot to those who would share some info.