Motoring For Dummies - All Your Car & Driving Questions Answered H

• 2 weeks later...

With my first car which was a '78 Toyota Corona, I learned how to change spark plugs, oil filter, change oil, adjust the distributor setting, etc. Pag wala ako magawa, I would dismantle the carburetor, even do top overhaul on the engine. I've actually even assisted in fully overhauling the engine of a Volkwagen Beetle. :goatee:

But with today's cars and with the advent of electronic ignition, iba na ang technology. The most I can do now is shampoo the car. Even with that, halos di ko na rin personal na ginagawa dahil wala na rin akong oras. I'd rather take it to the Car Wash and let them do it. Pag may kailangan ayusin sa kotse, casa here I come! :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

I was driving to work tonight nang may nasagi akong taxi. Needless to say, nagkayusan naman kami ni manong dahil even he tried, wala nang perang mahihita sa akin dahil 1500 lang kaya ko ibigay at ako nga naman may kasalanan. Tanong ko lang ay sa kanya yupi lang (not much noticeable) pero sa akin ay nag scratch yung paint ng taxi nya. Sabi ng kaopisina ko may solution daw na nabibili para mawala yung bahid sa kotse ko? Please enlighten me on this.

as much as I can yes.

There may come a time when I won't have the time to do things on my own, at least if I have it done by a

shop or a mechanic I would be able to tell if they did the right thing, or if they actually did what they claimed to have done.

I have heard a lot of horror stories about big named shops cutting corners on fixes. sometimes just cleaning stuff rather than actually fixing it.

Although its obviously hard tinkering around with your own stuff, (not to mention the tools needed) the satisfaction you get in fixing up your own car is priceless. So far the best investment I have made on my car is the dependable toolset.