Motoring For Dummies - All Your Car & Driving Questions Answered H

NEED HELP!!!!

mga sirs, i own a 94 mitsubishi lancer...

i've been having trouble with the carburetor....

finally sent it for repairs... damaged magnetic daw.... wala akong mahanap na parts sa banawe and other auto parts shop.

someone told me that i should just try to have the carburetor converted to a toyota... is this possible?? what are the pros and cons...

all your comments and suggestions will be very much appreciated.

thanks!!

NEED HELP!!!!

mga sirs, i own a 94 mitsubishi lancer...

i've been having trouble with the carburetor....

finally sent it for repairs... damaged magnetic daw.... wala akong mahanap na parts sa banawe and other auto parts shop.

someone told me that i should just try to have the carburetor converted to a toyota... is this possible?? what are the pros and cons...

all your comments and suggestions will be very much appreciated.

thanks!!

Try mo muna maghanap na lang ng surplus na carb assembly, minsan kasi wala talagang parts na nabibili na pang carburetor aside sa repair kits na gaskets, o-rings, jet valve lang ang nandun.

pwede mo rin i-convert sa toyota carb yan, kelangan lang match ang base. maaring lumakas ang consumption mo sa fuel pag yun ang gamit mo... pwede mo palitan ng mas maliit na jet valve...medyo hihina nga lang ng konti power ng engine mo. yun lang mashare ko.

overdrive allows your car to use the lowest gear possible. if your car is a 4AT, it uses the fourth gear if necessary. turning it off would only allow your AT to use the 3rd gear/2nd gear, resulting in high FC.

you only turn off your OD if you are paahon, parang dun sa may long stretch ng marcos highway going to baguio.

you don't even have to do this

your transmission will automatically hunt for the necessary lower gear

let's say you have a 5 speed overdrive tranny and you're going up a steep hill

you probably may not even get to 4th gear

and your tranny will just hunt between 2nd and 3rd

ON and OFF... ON pag mag overtake OFF pag cruising speed na.

you have that backwards?

Most of the plastic radiators here in the US are replaced with metal ones. If you prefer to stick with plastic, more money plus they crack easily. Usually if you have it recored they replace the top of the radiator with metal. it can be rebuilt pa.

The best way to adjust a carb is with an emissions analyzer. You can see if it is lean or rich. Of course this is only if you are adjusting the idle a/f mixture. If you want to see the actual mixture at speed, you need a dynamometer or rollers.

Now if you don't have the emissions anlyzer, you can still do it by ear. We call it best idle. What you do is turn the idle a/f screw all the way in until it almost dies. Then back off until you get the best or highest idle. This method was used before the any analyzer came out. Ask the old school guys.

I still rather have the emissions analyzer to see exactly where I am at. but without an analyzer, this will suffice. :thumbsupsmiley: