His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

Until now he is the greatest player ever... :rolleyes:

Im sure my future son will say the same 20-25years from now.

eh paano pala kung nakapag laro ng mas maaga yung mga players na yun at nag dunk infront of those what you call greatest center eh pantay pantay na sila?

how about vince dunk doon sa 7 footer from olympics?

how about kobe dunk against howard, shaq, duncan and many more?

how about LBJ dunk over the current centers?

Pare kapilosopohan naman sagot mo. Did I say that He was great just because he dunked against those? If LBJ, Kobe, whoever currently can dunk against Tim Duncan, Yao Ming, Shaq, etc on a consistent basis then I'd be impressed.

Vince dunk happened once, unless you are CONSISTENT then you cannot be considered great. Though for that moment the DUNK by Vince was GREAT.

• 3 weeks later...

David Robinson, Charles Barkley, Allen Iverson, Eric Snow, Paul Pierce, KG, Stephon Marbury, Magic Johnson, Vince Carter, Derrick Rose, D-wade are some of the MANY players I've seen in numerous videos saying that Michael Jordan will forever be the greatest basketball player to wear the basketball shoes.

Btw, add DAVID STERN.

I watched Jordan's last game against 76'ers & it's just amazing how he is loved by the PHILADELPHIA crowd. This guy got charisma & seldom complain for uncalled fouls. Truly an amazing athlete.

And the only guy who can point a finger in Dennis Rodman's face and tell him "THAT's ENOUGH" without getting headbutt'd or body slammed by the Bad Boy of NBA. :upside:

I miss the days where I would go to greenhills with my hard earned baon & kupit just to buy some packs of basketball cards. The feeling of pulling a Michael Jordan insert card is PRICELESS. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
over hyped lang si michael. too much media mileage.

you have a point there bro..

i`ve read this book entitled "The Biographical History of Basketball" and in one chapter, "The Greatest Player in History", there is this myth called the "Jordan Supremacy Myth" which according to legitimate basketball historians (of which there are shamefully few), has been nurtured from the start by the constant drone of public relations geniuses, product pitchmen and media "talking heads" (of which there are many) :

- there is the issue of a print and video media that has constructed a full-fledged industry around the hyping of MJ, including the NBA itself.

- even more telling is the seemingly ceaseless propaganda blitz mounted by a Nike sporting goods company campaign designed to generate billions of dollars in corporate sales. Michael`s rank as the greatest basketball player, the greatest pure athlete, the greatest everything imaginable, has all been a necessary element in the corporate success of Nike and several dozen other high-profile companies that ride precariously on the coattails of Air Jordan`s legend.

in fact, the chapter describes MJ as "Michael Jordan--Most Popular Player on Madison Avenue".. :P

:mtc:

"There is Michael and there is the rest of Us". :thumbsupsmiley:...Basketball Greats, Coaches, Analysts, and even current Superstars...Wade, LeBron, Kobe, Melo, Dwight, AI...etc etc...etc...all agree...

so if someone here still wants to contradict the FACT...seek medical attention... :thumbsupsmiley:

i`ve read this book entitled "The Biographical History of Basketball" and in one chapter, "The Greatest Player in History", there is this myth called the "Jordan Supremacy Myth" which according to legitimate basketball historians (of which there are shamefully few), has been nurtured from the start by the constant drone of public relations geniuses, product pitchmen and media "talking heads" (of which there are many) :

- there is the issue of a print and video media that has constructed a full-fledged industry around the hyping of MJ, including the NBA itself.

- even more telling is the seemingly ceaseless propaganda blitz mounted by a Nike sporting goods company campaign designed to generate billions of dollars in corporate sales. Michael`s rank as the greatest basketball player, the greatest pure athlete, the greatest everything imaginable, has all been a necessary element in the corporate success of Nike and several dozen other high-profile companies that ride precariously on the coattails of Air Jordan`s legend.

in fact, the chapter describes MJ as "Michael Jordan--Most Popular Player on Madison Avenue".. :P

So for the rest of us unfortunate enough not to have read the book, please enlighten us on which player was considered the greatest ever. Thanks. ^_^

Parents will hate you for this. It's the same as telling their kids to stop reading books as its just nonsense. :lol:

i think micheal is a complete package which he develop himself to be that great player.

when he started he can already dribble the ball , between the legs and take the jumpshots. he can drive the floor and go with the left or right hand to finish. what i admire about the guy is the point of wanting to be better, he became a better defender. i do believe some may say his weakness is his shooting but looking at it its the quality of the shots his taking on the perimeter. so he tried to learn when to shoot aisde from that he hired a PT to help him get better form and release on his jump shots for better efficiency