His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

i thought he got divorced.

Pls stop the indiscretion talks. Magic got HIV because of that. It's not about being right. Celebrities can basically do that.

they can, but should they?really?

how about the kids Vengaboy's talking about?

how about being a "good role model"?

players are human too. they make mistakes.

we all should know that by now.

your idol's about as imperfect as the next guy.

Kobe doing it doesn't make it right and definitely doesn't make him entitled to do it.

you guys keep making all these half-assed apologies for him---it just doesn't fly.

so now you saying nahuli sya?

eh diba lumalabas lang na gusto lang syang perahan ng babae.

kung ikaw marami kang pera at sikat ka sa tingin mo mang rarape ka pa ba while you can even buy those ladies or get it for free.

sabi mo kasi adultery eh so sinagot ko lang yun dahil kahit sino pang tao and i am not sure maybe you do adultery too but then again i am not sure about it.

ika nga ng iba lalaki lang nag kakasala at sakali eh sana mapatawad at magbabagong buhay ulit.

this attack is clearly uncalled for.

it's cheap even by your standards.

there's no law against gambling you dimwit

ano ba ang hindi nyo ma gets sa sinasabi ko?

you can't call him as a rapist because he wasn't convicted of rape and use it as an argument against jordan's gambling issues.

resorting to name-calling now, are we?! :unsure:

Did i say anything about your guy being convicted? - i said indicted. Magkaiba po yun. :goatee:

And as you said, there's no law against gambling. So why even compare those two misdeeds - one is punishable by law, the other is not. Plus for me, there's no need to compare. Malayo-layo pa ang tatakbuhin ni KB para ma-match, much less malampasan, si MJ. ;)

Kobe doing it doesn't make it right and definitely doesn't make him entitled to do it.

you guys keep making all these half-assed apologies for him---it just doesn't fly.

blind man love.....

resorting to name-calling now, are we?! :unsure:

Did i say anything about your guy being convicted? - i said indicted. Magkaiba po yun. :goatee:

And as you said, there's no law against gambling. So why even compare those two misdeeds - one is punishable by law, the other is not. Plus for me, there's no need to compare. Malayo-layo pa ang tatakbuhin ni KB para ma-match, much less malampasan, si MJ. ;)

oh no you di'int!!!!!

i think imma like reading this thread, lotsa angry dudes wanting to tear each other apart in the internet hehehe ^_^

@topic:

yeah MJ made way for the longer shorts that is supposed to be the standard for basketball uniforms ^_^

i always remember that buzzer beater against Bryon Russel in the finals... really priceless ^_^

Did I say they should? Do I even care about being a "good role model"? Charles Barkley said it best in his commercial if I remember it right?

Yes, KB is imperfect and so is everybody else. So what? Do I choose to be a fan of any player because of his morals? Now if he was doing drugs to enhance his skills, i wouldn't go that far. If he was a drunk or addict and it affects his lackluster performance in the court especially on very important games - I will wish for KB to be traded.

What's the deal here?

I like players cause of their basketball skills. I like Bird, Magic, MJ, CP3, Nash, Nique, Dr. J., KB etc.

Just because other players indiscretions aren't publicized doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

As a girl, you can always avoid going to the hotel room of any married guy. Do not put yourself in a situation where you will say no at the very end? Let's not be hypocrites here.

This is MJ's thread. The best there is. What else is there to say?

Edited by complicated8
Did I say they should? Do I even care about being a "good role model"? Charles Barkley said it best in his commercial if I remember it right?

I don't care either but I really don't need Barkley to tell me that in an ad for it to be true.

:rolleyes:

Yes, KB is imperfect and so is everybody else. So what? Do I choose to be a fan of any player because of his morals? Now if he was doing drugs to enhance his skills, i wouldn't go that far. If he was a drunk or addict and it affects his lackluster performance in the court especially on very important games - I will wish for KB to be traded.

at the lengths fans go all out to defend Kobe, I don't think it's just about bball (cringes).

What's the deal here?

I like players cause of their basketball skills. I like Bird, Magic, MJ, CP3, Nash, Nique, Dr. J., KB etc.

Just because other players indiscretions aren't publicized doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

again, let's not go to the "everyone's doing it/celebrity affords it" shtick.

it just doesn't fly.

not talking about it affords fans...what?

keep the image squeaky-clean?

make your idol good, pure, great...godly?

we're just talking here.

someone brought up MJ's gambling habit and said it was a bad example for kids...

and I asked hmm...Kobe's Colorado misadventure wasn't?

that's it.

apparently, a few went out of their way to defend Kobe like their lives depended on it.

like they do his laundry or something.

As a girl, you can always avoid going to the hotel room of any married guy. Do not put yourself in a situation where you will say no at the very end? Let's not be hypocrites here.

for starters, let's not call people we don't exactly know hypocrites.

how's that?

I don't care either but I really don't need Barkley to tell me that in an ad for it to be true.

:rolleyes:

If you don't care either, why reiterate it. What barkley said is a good reminder. Nobody else did that (as far as I remember). Let's close it at that.

at the lengths fans go all out to defend Kobe, I don't think it's just about bball (cringes).

maybe it's just how you perceive or the fans words come out wrong. But it should just be about bball for regular fans. For fanatics, that's a different level and I can't speak for those.

again, let's not go to the "everyone's doing it/celebrity affords it" shtick.

it just doesn't fly. not talking about it affords fans...what?

keep the image squeaky-clean?

make your idol good, pure, great...godly?

MJ's indiscretions are probably the least publicized given his popularity. Is MJ pure or godly? I don't care what celebrities do outside the court. Even non-celebrities can do that.

someone brought up MJ's gambling habit and said it was a bad example for kids...

and I asked hmm...Kobe's Colorado misadventure wasn't? that's it.

apparently, a few went out of their way to defend Kobe like their lives depended on it.

like they do his laundry or something.

I apologize for those fans. That was/is a bad example. But like I said I am not a fan of his private life just the sport side of it.

KB isn't pure, great or godly. No one is. As a laker fan, I support Kobe because of that. He is helping my team. If KB was on another team, then I'd probably be saying that I hope he doesn't do well against the lakers.

for starters, let's not call people we don't exactly know hypocrites.

how's that?

I have no problem with that.

Edited by complicated8

For those of you who never read this open letter published a few years back, or for people who have just got into the game, I figured I'd post it for those curious. Or for people who wanted to re-read it for inspiration or for nostalgic purposes. It's well written, and it always gets me choked up. With out further a due, Michael Jordan's letter to basketball.

"Dear Basketball, It's been almost 28 years since the first day we met. 28 years since I saw you in the back of our garage. 28 years since my parents introduced us.If someone would have told me then, what would become of us, I'm not sure I would have believed them.I barely remembered your name.

Then I started seeing you around the neighborhood and watching you on television. I used to see you with guys down at the playground. But when my older brother started paying more attention to you, I started to wonder.Maybe you were different.

We hung out a few times. The more I got to know you, the more I liked you. And as life would have it, when I finally got really interested in you, when I was finally ready to get serious, you left me off the varsity. You told me I wasn't good enough.

I was crushed. I was hurt. I think I even cried.

Then I wanted you more than ever. So I practiced. I hustled. I worked on my game. Passing. Dribbling. Shooting. Thinking. I ran. I did sit-ups. I did push-ups. I did pull-ups. I lifted weights. I studied you. I began to fall in love and you noticed. At least that's what Coach Smith said.

At the time, I wasn't sure exactly what was going on. But now I know. Coach Smith was teaching me how to love you, how to listen to you, how to understand you, how to respect you and how to appreciate you.Then it happened. That night, at the Louisiana Superdome in the final seconds of the championship game against Georgetown, you found me in the corner and we danced.

Since then, you've become much more than just a ball to me. You've become more than just a court. More than just a hoop. More than just a pair of sneakers. More than just a game.

In some respects, you've become my life. My passion. My motivation. My inspiration.

You've my biggest fan and my harshest critic. You're my dearest friend and my strongest ally. You're my most challenging teacher and my most endearing student. You're my ultimate teammate and my toughest competitor. You're my passport around the world and my visa into the hearts of millions.

So much has changed since the first day we met, and to a large degree, I have you to thank. So if you haven't heard me say it before, let me say it now for the world to hear. Thank you. Thank you, Basketball. Thank you for everything.

Thank you for all the players who came before me. Thank you for all the players who went into battle with me. Thank you for the championships and the rings. Thank you for the All-Star Games and the Playoffs. Thank you for the last shots, the buzzer-beaters, the hard fouls, the victories and the defeats. Thank you for making me earn my keep. Thank you for #23. Thank you for North Carolina and Chicago. Thank you for the air and the nickname. Thank you for the moves and the hang time. Thank you for the Slam-Dunk Contest. Thank you for the will and the determination, the heart and the soul, the pride and the courage. Thank you for the competitive spirits and the competition to challenge it. Thank you for the failures and the setbacks, the blessings and the applause. Thank you for the triangle. Thank you for baseball and the Barons. Thank you for forgiving me. Thank you for the assistant coaches, the trainers, and the physical therapists. Thank you for the announcers, the refs, the writers, the reporters, the broadcasters and the radio stations. Thank you for the Pistons and the Lakers, the Cavs and the Knicks, the Sixers and the Celtics. Thank you for Phoenix, Portland, Seattle and Utah. Thank you for the Wizards. Thank you for the believers and the doubters. Thank you for Coach Smith, Coach Loughery, Coach Albeck, Coach Collins and Coach Jackson. Thank you for the education and the experience. Thank you for teaching me the game behind, beneath, within, above and around the game…the game game. Thank you for every fan who has ever called my name, put their hands together for me and my teammates, slapped me five or patted me on the back. Thank you for everything you've given my family. Thank you for the moon and the stars, and last but not least, thank you for Bugs and Mars.

I know I'm not the only one who loves you. I know you have loved many before me and will love many after me. But, I also know what we had was unique. It was special. So as our relationship changes yet again, as all relationships do, one thing is for sure.

I love you, Basketball. I love everything about you and I always will. My playing days in the NBA are definitely over, but our relationship will never end.

Much Love and Respect, Michael Jordan"

In honor of Michael Jordan's 46th birthday on Tuesday, here is everything you would want to know about MJ, by the numbers:

1. Won one NCAA title (1982) in which he scored the game-winning points

2. Won two Olympic Gold Medals (1984, 1992)

3 Selected third overall in the 1984 NBA Draft after Hakeem Olajuwon and Sam Bowie

4. Had four 60-point games in his career

5. Won MVP award five times (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)

6. Won six NBA titles (1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998)

7. Led the NBA in scoring in seven consecutive seasons (tied NBA record)

8. Led UNC to the Elite 8 in the 1982-83 season where UNC lost to Georgia

9. Named to the NBA All-Defensive first-team nine times

10. Led NBA in scoring 10 times in his career (NBA record)

11. Made the All-NBA team 11 times, including 10 times on the first-team

12. Once wore No. 12 in a game against the Magic on Feb. 14, 1990 after someone stole his No. 23 jersey

13. Made the postseason 13 times (won 6 NBA titles)

14. Selected to 14 NBA All-Star games in his career

15. Played 15 NBA seasons (13 with Bulls, 2 with Wizards)

16. Had 16 points in the 1982 NCAA championship game in which he made the game-winning basket

17. Career high in assists was 17 -- done on March 24, 1989 at Portland

18. Played only 18 games in his second season (broken foot)

19. Jordan returns to the NBA as a executive with the Wizards on Jan. 19, 2000

20. Hit a 20-foot shot over Bryon Russell of the Jazz on April 6, 1998 to win Game 6 of the Finals

21. Age at NBA debut (Oct. 26, 1984)

22. Made 22 field goals and added 19 free throws for a postseason record 63 points against Boston on April 20, 1986

23. Wore No. 23 for most of his career

24. Athletes on Nike's Team Jordan, including Chris Paul, Ray Allen and Carmelo Anthony

25. On Sept. 25, 2001, Jordan announces his return to the NBA as a Washington Wizards player

26 In 26 minutes in the 1997 All-Star Game, MJ had 14 pts, 11 rebs, 11 asts (first triple-double in the game's history)

27. On March 27, 1995, only a few games into his return, MJ scores 55 points on the Knicks at MSG

28. Had 28 career triple-doubles in his NBA career

29. On Oct. 29, 1996, the NBA released its 50 Greatest Players of which one was Michael Jordan

30. - actually 30.1, which is Jordan's career scoring average in the regular season (NBA record)

31. Had 31 50-point games in his NBA career

32. Retired from baseball at age 32; and eventually returned to the NBA

33. Actually 33.4, which is Jordan's career scoring average in the playoffs (NBA record)

34. Played 34 games in his freshman season at North Carolina

35. Had 35 first-half points and six 3-pointers in a 1992 Finals game against the Blazers (gave the famous shrug)

36. Had 36 points in his first NBA Finals game (June 2, 1991 vs. Lakers)

37. Had 37 steals in his All-Star Game career (13 games)

38. Had 38 points in the 'flu game' in the 1997 Finals against the Jazz

39. Age at the start of his final playing season (2002-03)

40. Age at which Jordan played his final game -- April 16, 2003 at Philadelphia

41. Jordan averages a Finals record 41.0 ppg as the Bulls beat the Suns in Game 6 (June 20, 1993) to win the NBA title

42. Jordan and Barkley each scored 42 points in Game 2 (1993 Finals), the first time that opposing players score 40-plus points

43. Age at which Jordan became a part-owner of the Charlotte Bobcats

44. Had 44 points in Game 5 (May 7, 1989) culminated with a game-winning buzzer-beater over Craig Ehlo of the Cavs

45. Wore No. 45 in his comeback with the Bulls until returning to No. 23

46. Feb. 17 is his 46th birthday

:hypocritesmiley:

In honor of Michael Jordan's 46th birthday on Tuesday, here is everything you would want to know about MJ, by the numbers:

1. Won one NCAA title (1982) in which he scored the game-winning points

2. Won two Olympic Gold Medals (1984, 1992)

3 Selected third overall in the 1984 NBA Draft after Hakeem Olajuwon and Sam Bowie

4. Had four 60-point games in his career

5. Won MVP award five times (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)

6. Won six NBA titles (1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998)

7. Led the NBA in scoring in seven consecutive seasons (tied NBA record)

8. Led UNC to the Elite 8 in the 1982-83 season where UNC lost to Georgia

9. Named to the NBA All-Defensive first-team nine times

10. Led NBA in scoring 10 times in his career (NBA record)

11. Made the All-NBA team 11 times, including 10 times on the first-team

12. Once wore No. 12 in a game against the Magic on Feb. 14, 1990 after someone stole his No. 23 jersey

13. Made the postseason 13 times (won 6 NBA titles)

14. Selected to 14 NBA All-Star games in his career

15. Played 15 NBA seasons (13 with Bulls, 2 with Wizards)

16. Had 16 points in the 1982 NCAA championship game in which he made the game-winning basket

17. Career high in assists was 17 -- done on March 24, 1989 at Portland

18. Played only 18 games in his second season (broken foot)

19. Jordan returns to the NBA as a executive with the Wizards on Jan. 19, 2000

20. Hit a 20-foot shot over Bryon Russell of the Jazz on April 6, 1998 to win Game 6 of the Finals

21. Age at NBA debut (Oct. 26, 1984)

22. Made 22 field goals and added 19 free throws for a postseason record 63 points against Boston on April 20, 1986

23. Wore No. 23 for most of his career

24. Athletes on Nike's Team Jordan, including Chris Paul, Ray Allen and Carmelo Anthony

25. On Sept. 25, 2001, Jordan announces his return to the NBA as a Washington Wizards player

26 In 26 minutes in the 1997 All-Star Game, MJ had 14 pts, 11 rebs, 11 asts (first triple-double in the game's history)

27. On March 27, 1995, only a few games into his return, MJ scores 55 points on the Knicks at MSG

28. Had 28 career triple-doubles in his NBA career

29. On Oct. 29, 1996, the NBA released its 50 Greatest Players of which one was Michael Jordan

30. - actually 30.1, which is Jordan's career scoring average in the regular season (NBA record)

31. Had 31 50-point games in his NBA career

32. Retired from baseball at age 32; and eventually returned to the NBA

33. Actually 33.4, which is Jordan's career scoring average in the playoffs (NBA record)

34. Played 34 games in his freshman season at North Carolina

35. Had 35 first-half points and six 3-pointers in a 1992 Finals game against the Blazers (gave the famous shrug)

36. Had 36 points in his first NBA Finals game (June 2, 1991 vs. Lakers)

37. Had 37 steals in his All-Star Game career (13 games)

38. Had 38 points in the 'flu game' in the 1997 Finals against the Jazz

39. Age at the start of his final playing season (2002-03)

40. Age at which Jordan played his final game -- April 16, 2003 at Philadelphia

41. Jordan averages a Finals record 41.0 ppg as the Bulls beat the Suns in Game 6 (June 20, 1993) to win the NBA title

42. Jordan and Barkley each scored 42 points in Game 2 (1993 Finals), the first time that opposing players score 40-plus points

43. Age at which Jordan became a part-owner of the Charlotte Bobcats

44. Had 44 points in Game 5 (May 7, 1989) culminated with a game-winning buzzer-beater over Craig Ehlo of the Cavs

45. Wore No. 45 in his comeback with the Bulls until returning to No. 23

46. Feb. 17 is his 46th birthday

:hypocritesmiley:

Thanks for this detailed informatin Bro... I Love this Game!!!

Guest inquirer
He is a good player but bad eyes for a talent just look at the players he drafted. First the worse 1st pic or any pic of all time Kwane brown after that Adam Morrison instead of Gay or Roy.

anong pic?

Guest inquirer

^ can't blame him, gonzaga did reach the sweet 16 (correct me if i'm wrong) with him as a focal point. and he was said to be the next larry bird..

Edited by inquirer