His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

I'm not exactly sure if the Bulls would make mincemeat of any team in the 00's though. Spurs puede but the Lakers of Shaq and the Celts of today? I'm not sure about that.

No one can be sure because this is all speculation. What i'm sure of though is that Pippen and Jordan CAN and WILL shut down PP and Allen BUT not the other way around. And the 4 headed-monster of Longley, Wennington, Edwards and Salley have 24 fouls to spend on Shaq while Pip, MJ and Harp will take turns containing Kobe.

Guest megalodon
No one can be sure because this is all speculation. What i'm sure of though is that Pippen and Jordan CAN and WILL shut down PP and Allen BUT not the other way around. And the 4 headed-monster of Longley, Wennington, Edwards and Salley have 24 fouls to spend on Shaq while Pip, MJ and Harp will take turns containing Kobe.

Ok. Point taken. But still Shaq in his LA hayday was hard to stop. I mean these 4 could not guard Shaq so it's only but logical to use Hack a Shaq. Pip puede but I remember Pip had a difficult time in the 2000 West Finals against Kobe. MJ against Kobe would be more like it. MJ could shut down Allen but as for Pip shutting down Pierce, Scottie could but Pierce will still get his share. As for KG against The Worm, KG would dominate him. Shawn Kemp ran rings around Rodman in the 1996 NBA Finals that's why Phil Jackson put a bigger guy on The Rainman.

@dencio. What about your take on the 1986 Celts against the 1996 Bulls?

Edited by megalodon
Guest megalodon
rodman will get into KG shag dwight's head or who ever is in the post.. 90's bulls rule! and priceless pag tinira ni the worm si queen james tas iiyak iyak lol

Seryoso ka? Lebron would blow by Rodman anytime.

Ok. Point taken. But still Shaq in his LA hayday was hard to stop. I mean these 4 could not guard Shaq so it's only but logical to use Hack a Shaq. Pip puede but I remember Pip had a difficult time in the 2000 West Finals against Kobe. MJ against Kobe would be more like it. MJ could shut down Allen but as for Pip shutting down Pierce, Scottie could but Pierce will still get his share. As for KG against The Worm, KG would dominate him. Shawn Kemp ran rings around Rodman in the 1996 NBA Finals that's why Phil Jackson put a bigger guy on The Rainman.

@dencio. What about your take on the 1986 Celts against the 1996 Bulls?

Kaya nga i specifically mentioned the 24 fouls to use on Shaq eh. The 2000 Pip was already a step slower but the '96 version surely can guard Kobe! And Pierce getting his share against Pip - only if he shot 50 times, haha! I continue to be amazed how the defensive skills of an 8-time All-NBA Defensive 1st Team honoree continues to be overlooked! <_<

KG dominating the Worm? We're talking here of the Celts version ha! He may have the height but not the bulk nor the hops (as Kemp had). Plus during this period of his career, KG was no longer as dominating offensively. But Phil would surely love that to happen. Make KG an offensive player and put the ball in the hands of the least clutch of the Big 3!

'86 Celts vs '96 Bulls? Tough call between 2 teams that are among the best ever assembled. The Celts with their 41-1 home record and the Bulls with their 72-10 regular season record.

The Celts will dominate the interior with their original Big 3 and Bill Walton coming off the bench. Now here is a power forward that Rodman won't be able to handle - Kevin Mchale with his myriad moves, wingspan and height. The Bulls have the edge on the perimeter and if their shooters click especially Kukoc, it will negate Boston's inside edge. I would love to watch the Pip vs Bird matchup and Ainge and DJ alternating on MJ. On the bench, i think Jax is the craftier coach compared to KC Jones. If this were a best-of-7, the team with the homecourt advantage wins it. On a one game, neutral court setting, i'd pick the Celtics winning on a Larry Bird jumpshot as time expires.

Kaya nga i specifically mentioned the 24 fouls to use on Shaq eh. The 2000 Pip was already a step slower but the '96 version surely can guard Kobe! And Pierce getting his share against Pip - only if he shot 50 times, haha! I continue to be amazed how the defensive skills of an 8-time All-NBA Defensive 1st Team honoree continues to be overlooked! <_<

KG dominating the Worm? We're talking here of the Celts version ha! He may have the height but not the bulk nor the hops (as Kemp had). Plus during this period of his career, KG was no longer as dominating offensively. But Phil would surely love that to happen. Make KG an offensive player and put the ball in the hands of the least clutch of the Big 3!

'86 Celts vs '96 Bulls? Tough call between 2 teams that are among the best ever assembled. The Celts with their 41-1 home record and the Bulls with their 72-10 regular season record.

The Celts will dominate the interior with their original Big 3 and Bill Walton coming off the bench. Now here is a power forward that Rodman won't be able to handle - Kevin Mchale with his myriad moves, wingspan and height. The Bulls have the edge on the perimeter and if their shooters click especially Kukoc, it will negate Boston's inside edge. I would love to watch the Pip vs Bird matchup and Ainge and DJ alternating on MJ. On the bench, i think Jax is the craftier coach compared to KC Jones. If this were a best-of-7, the team with the homecourt advantage wins it. On a one game, neutral court setting, i'd pick the Celtics winning on a Larry Bird, playing at the absolute apex of his career, jumpshot as time expires.

Guest megalodon

The Celts will dominate the interior with their original Big 3 and Bill Walton coming off the bench. Now here is a power forward that Rodman won't be able to handle - Kevin Mchale with his myriad moves, wingspan and height. The Bulls have the edge on the perimeter and if their shooters click especially Kukoc, it will negate Boston's inside edge. I would love to watch the Pip vs Bird matchup and Ainge and DJ alternating on MJ. On the bench, i think Jax is the craftier coach compared to KC Jones. If this were a best-of-7, the team with the homecourt advantage wins it. On a one game, neutral court setting, i'd pick the Celtics winning on a Larry Bird jumpshot as time expires.

I also agree that this would have been a heck of a series. Anyway, I've always believed that the only guy who could have guarded MJ really well was Scottie Pippen. Long arms, taller than MJ but just as quick. Kobe could guard MJ but not as good as Pippen could have guarded him.

I also agree that this would have been a heck of a series. Anyway, I've always believed that the only guy who could have guarded MJ really well was Scottie Pippen. Long arms, taller than MJ but just as quick. Kobe could guard MJ but not as good as Pippen could have guarded him.

Bruce Bowen lang nga Basura na si Kobe, isasama ko nadin si Hunter kalaban Detroit...si Pippen pa kaya...Kobe guarding MJ? as many Legends have said...It's not even a Contest... :thumbsdownsmiley:...MJ pag napikon...nakupo...Kobe pag napikon...pauupoin nalang ...sira ang laro e...

Yun naman pala eh ... and yet you still claim that PP will get his against Pip. :wacko: :blink: :huh:

Guest megalodon
Yun naman pala eh ... and yet you still claim that PP will get his against Pip. :wacko: :blink: :huh:

Alangan naman mazezero nya si Pierce every game. I'm not saying Pippen will shut down His Airness but MJ will have a difficult time scoring against him. Say if MJ is averaging 35 a game in the playoffs and then meets Pippen and his team, MJ's average will drop to 27-28 ppg. Now for The Truth. Say he was averaging 28 ppg then meets Pippen and his team, his scoring average will drop to around 15-17 ppg. That's my take. :blink:

Edited by megalodon
Bruce Bowen lang nga Basura na si Kobe, isasama ko nadin si Hunter kalaban Detroit...si Pippen pa kaya...Kobe guarding MJ? as many Legends have said...It's not even a Contest... :thumbsdownsmiley:...MJ pag napikon...nakupo...Kobe pag napikon...pauupoin nalang ...sira ang laro e...

Ang lakas/lupit pala ni Bowen.... kasi Celtics team defense was able to stop Kobe during the finals the previous year.

Basura na pala si Kobe kay Bowen :hypocritesmiley:

I just remembered what Wilkins said in his interview. No one defender can really stop him but a defender can make him work real hard for his points (Rodman was the toughest he played against).

Ang lakas/lupit pala ni Bowen.... kasi Celtics team defense was able to stop Kobe during the finals the previous year.

Basura na pala si Kobe kay Bowen :hypocritesmiley:

I just remembered what Wilkins said in his interview. No one defender can really stop him but a defender can make him work real hard for his points (Rodman was the toughest he played against).

go ask your idol...and ask players around him...

for me d best team to stop jordan was d piston bad boys d bulls cnt pass them in d playoffs w rodman, salley and laimbeer taking him out.... even pippen was hurt frm rodman.... i saw d game and most people said dis is d team dat d most who hurt jordan and bulls....

And Dumars... don't forget Dumars! :evil:

I remember Jordan naming him as the last player he'd like guarding him.

go ask your idol...and ask players around him...

haha :D What about you ask him and others? Tell me what they think. I already looked up stats about this and I certainly don't agree with you.

If Kobe makes it to the HOF, Bowen should automatically be there and even before him kasi basura si Kobe sa kanya as you put it.

I'm a basketball fan, a laker fan and a Jordan fan.

Michael should have gotten over those things he said and be the bigger man since he is the GOAT.

And Dumars... don't forget Dumars! devil.gif

I remember Jordan naming him as the last player he'd like guarding him.

yup, "Dumars was supposedly his toughest defender."