His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

haha :D What about you ask him and others? Tell me what they think. I already looked up stats about this and I certainly don't agree with you.

If Kobe makes it to the HOF, Bowen should automatically be there and even before him kasi basura si Kobe sa kanya as you put it.

I'm a basketball fan, a laker fan and a Jordan fan.

Michael should have gotten over those things he said and be the bigger man since he is the GOAT.

yup, "Dumars was supposedly his toughest defender."

Kobe had a difficult time with Bowen...that's the idea of it...

-ang layu naman ng logic...it's just like saying Dumars should also automatically be in the HOF...b'coz MJ had a very hard time with him <_<

Bryon Russell has a message for Michael Jordan: Whenever you’re ready, I’ll be waiting in California – in my basketball shorts.

“I’ll play his a— right now,” Russell told Yahoo! Sports. “This is a call-out for him to come play me. He can come out here in his private jet and come play. He’s got millions of dollars. He can pay for the jet. He can meet me at the Recreation Center in Calabasas.

“We can have Mark Jackson do the commentating. We can have Mitch Richmond do the officiating. We can put it on TV and see if Michael’s still got it.”

Jordan spent much of his enshrinement speech at the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame singling out players and coaches who had slighted, criticized or motivated him. Russell merited a special mention.

After Jordan’s first retirement from the NBA, he was playing minor-league baseball and stopped by the Chicago Bulls’ practice facility, where the Utah Jazz were working out. Jordan said Russell, then a rookie with the Jazz, introduced himself and challenged him.

Unang una kaya nanalo Pistons sa kanila hindi nag step up ang mga kakampi ni Jordan. Ang offense talagang kay Jordan lang nageevolve. Nababasa ko dati dito nung humina ang Lakers na dapat magtiwala si Kobe sa mga kakampi niya. The same with jordan. He didn't trust his teammates that much considering they have deep bench. Kaya nga lumabas ung Jordan Rules noon. They usually double or triple team Jordan. In 1991, they were able to dispose of the Pistons in 4 games. The reason. Jordan was sharing the ball with his teammates. At the same time, his teammates responded especially Pippen and Grant. Dati si Pippen pagka kalaban ang Pistons tumutupi. I have to agree that Dumars defended Jordan well. But he had a lot of help from the Pistons. We all know that Joe D cannot shut down Jordan one on one.

When Jordan started playing for the Bulls, they did not have a formidable lineup. Overcoming the Pistons made them a championship contender all the way. I never liked the Pistons. Laimbeer flopped at the same time he was a dirty player. One time Jordan lost his cool and he punched Laimbeer in the face. This happened during the 1988 playoffs. At the same time they wore short shorts while the rest of the players in this league where making a transition of wearing longer shorts.

^^ Kaya nga sila Bad Boys eh! As for the Bulls, yeah it took them awhile to become contenders. Mostly because Jordan was good enough to carry them to the playoffs. Thus no high draft picks. In '87, GM Krause then did a masterful trade for the rights to Scottie Pippen while adding Horace Grant and trading Oakley for Cartwright soon after. With this core and replacing Doug Collins with Phil Jackson, the stage was set and the rest, as the saying goes, is history.

Natawa naman ako dun sa short shorts! What has that got to do with anything? :rolleyes:

Kobe had a difficult time with Bowen...that's the idea of it...

-ang layu naman ng logic...it's just like saying Dumars should also automatically be in the HOF...b'coz MJ had a very hard time with him <_<

Difficult is different from basura. Dumars can make it to HOF - very hard time but not basura si MJ to Dumars. Can you say basura si MJ to Dumars?

Even Rodman may have a shot at the HOF.

Malayo pa rin ba ang logic?

Edited by complicated8
kaya lang naman laging scoring champion si jordan & won 6 nba

title coz hindi siya natapat sa peak/time nina lebron,kobe, shaq, garnet etc. etc.

during the 90's. masuwerte si michael nung 90's at nataon wala pa yung mga

high caliber players nung time na yun. at nataon na yung existing high caliber

players nung time na yon past their prime na at palaos na. :P

You must be kidding us! Apart fro Kobe & Shaq, me isang ring si KG & ilan ke LBJ? Maswerte sila Kobe Lebron, Shaq, KG na retired na ngaun sila Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason, Bill Laimbeer, Dennis Rodman dahil di na nila mararamdaman ang ibig sabihin ng HARD FOUL.

thanks guys for giving me what im asking for... im just testing the waters. im just so sick of a lot of posters who kept on saying Jordan is the Best...blah blah... but didnt care to elaborate as why. and i will always respect that.

ha ha! I knew it. I was able to sense your intention & I would say it brought out a pretty nice arguement amongst basketball fanatics. :thumbsupsmiley:

Also, I was sadden why he still had to say those things he said in his HOF induction. :(

para sa akin sa panahon ni jordan ang piston talaga nag pahirap sa kanya..... sa panahon ni kobe i pick battier then bowen.... beside kobe already pick him ( battier ) wen he was interview. i read dat in yahoo sports....

y si dumars wala pa sa hof??? sensya n d ko alam ito eh.....

Agree.... Next would be the New York Knicks. Marquee players before knew the TRUE meaning of HARD foul whenever they go up against the "Bad Boys" of Detroit & the mean defenders of Knicks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jerry West - "I've said for years that he's the greatest player I've ever seen," West says by telephone. "He was the best offensive player and he was the best defensive player. I know Scottie Pippen got a lot of credit for being a great defensive player. He wasn't Michael Jordan, trust me."

Joe Dumars - "MJ was different than any other player you could prepare for," e-mails Joe Dumars, himself a Hall of Famer, and the lynchpin to the Pistons' infamous "Jordan Rules," Detroit's line of defense against Jordan. "You simply defended him as tough as possible and HOPED that he was off that night."

BJ Armstrong - "Michael's competitive nature probably forced people to do things that they wouldn't normally due -- which is hold themselves accountable and responsible," says B.J. Armstrong, who won three championships in Chicago playing with Jordan in the backcourt. "If you didn't hold yourself accountable, I don't think you'd last very long on a team with Michael Jordan."

Pat Riley - No doubt in Riley's mind about who the best player ever is.

"When you're talking about the best of all time category, and you have a debate about it, there are always other players who have flaws," he says. "You can pick out a flaw... Michael didn't have any. He was flawless, across the board. The thing that made him above and beyond everyone else was his intimidating, prodigious appetite to win, and the graceful disdain he showed for the opponent." Riley would never use Jordan as an example for his players. He tried every psychological trick he could to stoke up their hatred for Jordan, because he knew that Jordan would destroy the meek, the players of lesser talents that held him in too much regard, gave too much respect.

excerpts taken from:

Right time, right place, right man make MJ greatest ever

By David Aldridge, for NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/09/0...rdan/index.html

MICHAEL JORDAN......The game will NEVER be the Same.... :rolleyes:

Difficult is different from basura. Dumars can make it to HOF - very hard time but not basura si MJ to Dumars. Can you say basura si MJ to Dumars?

Even Rodman may have a shot at the HOF.

Malayo pa rin ba ang logic?

yes ang layo ng Logic...

i said basura si Kobe everytime si Bowen ang nagde-defend sa kanya in the sense that pumuputok ang butse ni Kobe-in short na nasisira yung game nya...I did not say that BOWEN is a GREATER player than KOBE- na yung assessment mo sa sinabi kung Basura si Kobe kay Bowen...ibig sabihin ba nun HOF dapat agad si Bowen?

-It took a lot of Maturity in Kobe's part that after several years he was finally able to fend off Bowen...

-It also took MJ 2+years to finally conquer Dumars and ths Piston's Defense...

lets just say most defensive player have there own style on how they defend a star player.... bowen and rodman r both wise player they use d weakness of d star player.... bowen did it w ray allen in seattle. amare in suns. and kobe of lakers. like rodman he did it w mourning of d heat. ewing of d knicks and mostly malone of d jazz. bt most of all he make a hell out of scottie and jordan he he he......

yes ang layo ng Logic...

i said basura si Kobe everytime si Bowen ang nagde-defend sa kanya in the sense that pumuputok ang butse ni Kobe-in short na nasisira yung game nya...I did not say that BOWEN is a GREATER player than KOBE- na yung assessment mo sa sinabi kung Basura si Kobe kay Bowen...ibig sabihin ba nun HOF dapat agad si Bowen?

-It took a lot of Maturity in Kobe's part that after several years he was finally able to fend off Bowen...

-It also took MJ 2+years to finally conquer Dumars and ths Piston's Defense...

hmmm..... san mo nga ginagamit ang logic mo?

"Basura si Kobe kay Bowen" That's an all encompassing statement. If a great player is deserving of HOF, then someone who could stop a great player/future HOF by himself when others couldn't - I think that person/stopper deserves to be in the HOF di ba? Do you have the stats to back your claim (Everytime)?

Kung meron dyan na ibang interpretation ng "basura si Kobe kay Bowen".paki mention na lang. Ano ngang sabi ni Jordan about Russell? When Russel claimed that he can defend MJ? I'm pretty sure Kobe would make it one of his personal accomplishments to any one who claims na basura sya.

Anyway, back to Michael. He's the greatest in terms of competition. But in terms of class, I prefer John's speech.

@webslinger, alam naman natin how bowen plays defense. he isn't the most athletic/talented defensive player but he is able to exert all the effort. He is able to guard almost everyone. He is even assigned to guard Dirk. :)

Edited by complicated8

haha.. i see jordan's induction has revived a discussion about him. neat.

but wait, bakit parang may secret lover si mj dito na parang hurt kapag may magsasabi ng negative opinion towards the man. pagibig nga naman..

look, mj may be the best bball player there was, but you must be blind if you don't see the arrogance- masquerading as confidence- in him. like somebody said, that's partly the reason for his competitive edge. he may be the best player, but he wasn't the best person to play the game. if you still need evidence, look no further than his h.o.f. acceptance speech.

so there mj's lover, time to direct your hate towards me. :D

hmmm..... san mo nga ginagamit ang logic mo?

"Basura si Kobe kay Bowen" That's an all encompassing statement. If a great player is deserving of HOF, then someone who could stop a great player/future HOF by himself when others couldn't - I think that person/stopper deserves to be in the HOF di ba? Do you have the stats to back your claim (Everytime)?

Kung meron dyan na ibang interpretation ng "basura si Kobe kay Bowen".paki mention na lang. Ano ngang sabi ni Jordan about Russell? When Russel claimed that he can defend MJ? I'm pretty sure Kobe would make it one of his personal accomplishments to any one who claims na basura sya.

Anyway, back to Michael. He's the greatest in terms of competition. But in terms of class, I prefer John's speech.

@webslinger, alam naman natin how bowen plays defense. he isn't the most athletic/talented defensive player but he is able to exert all the effort. He is able to guard almost everyone. He is even assigned to guard Dirk. :)

-ganda ng logic mo...i never did said wlang pag asa si Bowen/ Dumars sa HOF...and never did i say that hindi sila magiging deserving...putting words in somebody's mouth eh?

-yan ang wish ko sanang manyari...with Kobe's attitude...sana lang gawin nya yan...in front of people

-what you've said about MJ's case vs Russell is definitely way way out of the context...hindi Basura si Russell kay MJ...SH*T xa mag defend kay MJ... :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by ungas143
-ganda ng logic mo...i never did said wlang pag asa si Bowen/ Dumars sa HOF...and never did i say that hindi sila magiging deserving...putting words in somebody's mouth eh?

-yan ang wish ko sanang manyari...with Kobe's attitude...sana lang gawin nya yan...in front of people

-what you've said about MJ's case vs Russell is definitely way way out of the context...hindi Basura si Russell kay MJ...SH*T xa mag defend kay MJ... :thumbsupsmiley:

Did I say na yun ang sinabi mo? Ang sabi ko lang logical to assume that a stopper of a HOF deserves to be in the HOF. MJ is the greatest. If there was someone out there that could stop MJ, I think he should be in the HOF too.

Out of context in Russell vs MJ? I took that from the speech. Connect the right dots, please :) Meron ba mention of basura? Ang sinabi ko lang was that Russell claimed that he could guard MJ (according to MJ's speech).

If Kobe was basura to Bowen as you posted, I said Kobe would probably as vindictive to Bowen as MJ was to Russell - no relation to basura of Russel/MJ.

Guest megalodon
Did I say na yun ang sinabi mo? Ang sabi ko lang logical to assume that a stopper of a HOF deserves to be in the HOF. MJ is the greatest. If there was someone out there that could stop MJ, I think he should be in the HOF too.

Out of context in Russell vs MJ? I took that from the speech. Connect the right dots, please :) Meron ba mention of basura? Ang sinabi ko lang was that Russell claimed that he could guard MJ (according to MJ's speech).

If Kobe was basura to Bowen as you posted, I said Kobe would probably as vindictive to Bowen as MJ was to Russell - no relation to basura of Russel/MJ.

In the games I've watched Kobe play against The Karate Kid Bowen, Kobe almost always dominated Bowen. Just my observation.