His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

2ol na breastfeed kana ba? may gatas kapa ata sa labi...parang binasura mo mga katulad nina Malone, Barkley, Hekeem, Drexler, Ewing, Thomas, Stockton sa sinabi mo...sino pinagmamalaki mo? ang mga players na hindi pwede e-handcheck? c OverHype LeBron? Kung si Wade iahalintulad mo medyu magdadalawang isip pa ako sa sinabi mo...pero si Lebron? Melo? seriously???

ahh, ok - agree ako, nakalimutan ko pala sina Malone, Barkley, Thomas etc. etc.

kaya pala siya greatest, ganitong klaseng mga players pala nilampasan niya.

Guest megalodon
yea.. he definitely did not show any class during his induction speech.. it was like he was having his revenge on anybody who did him the slightest of wrongdoing..

Which is not supposed to be the case since he is considered as the greatest of all-time. Tsk tsk. He should not have been bitter coz he's the greatest already and I don't see a point in him being bitter. I mean pati ba naman si Bryon Russell pinatulan nya. Cmon MJ, you're better than that. Parang nabawasan respect ko kay MJ.

kaya lang naman laging scoring champion si jordan & won 6 nba

title coz hindi siya natapat sa peak/time nina lebron,kobe, shaq, garnet etc. etc.

during the 90's. masuwerte si michael nung 90's at nataon wala pa yung mga

high caliber players nung time na yun. at nataon na yung existing high caliber

players nung time na yon past their prime na at palaos na. :P

thinking about it kung naglalaro si michael sa peak ngayon,

si shaq, kobe, garnet at lebron ang malamang HINDI magkakaroon ng championships. sila ang swerte dahil wala na yung 90s bulls, or should i say wala na si 23. hard evidence of that is the b2b championships of HOU.

Edited by bubuy

'most' great competitors are brash, arrogant. that's what gives them the edge, the killer's mentality to win, to finish, to close. that's what russell/wilt/kareem/magic/bird/kobe/shaq/garnett/etc etc got. that's what lebron is trying to emulate (no handshakes, anyone?).

the only one who i can think of who is quite different is duncan. but who knows what REALLY goes on in his mind. maybe he just doesnt show it.

an excerpt from an article about Air Jordan`s HOF induction:

"This wasn’t a Hall of Fame induction speech, but a bully tripping nerds with lunch trays in the school cafeteria. He had a responsibility to his standing in history, to players past and present, and he let everyone down. This was a night to leave behind the petty grievances and past slights – real and imagined. This was a night to be gracious, to be generous with praise and credit."

considered by many as the best basketball player in history-- yet unbelievably arrogant.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

:mtc:

Dati pa naman arogante si Jordan kahit na nung naglalaro pa siya. Diba he was considered among the best trash talkers in the NBA? Also, i distinctly remember in 1 of the Bulls' championships, Jordan grabbed the ball away from one of his teammates who had the gall to try to keep that souvenir (MJ always keeps the game ball from their championship games). May nagawa ba si teammate - eh di wala!

"There is no I in TEAM but there is an I in WIN!" Haha! Priceless! :hypocritesmiley:

'most' great competitors are brash, arrogant. that's what gives them the edge, the killer's mentality to win, to finish, to close. that's what russell/wilt/kareem/magic/bird/kobe/shaq/garnett/etc etc got. that's what lebron is trying to emulate (no handshakes, anyone?).

the only one who i can think of who is quite different is duncan. but who knows what REALLY goes on in his mind. maybe he just doesnt show it.

you're right.. but.. while all of those bitterness did help him a lot to make his achievements, at a time when he is being honored and considering that he has retired for years, he should have buried all that bitterness and instead just try to inspire all those who look up to him to work hard to achieve what they want in life the way he did!

masasabi ko lang sa mga plastic dyan...Those things made MJ who he is...ows arrogant si MJ? e kayu sino ba kayo? sino ka ba para mag Judge sa kanya? at lalong mas sino ka para mag sabing gani2 si MJ ganyan si MJ? oist arrogante ka din ha...could you have just imagined Byron Russell said those remarks...the world needs to know ahahaha...at sa "Expert na Writer"?...hanap buhay mo yan e...dyan ka lang magaling...pero 90/100 people would not even consider your remarks...so it's basically near to :thumbsdownsmiley: pointless...

Isiah-"We guys say it with great Honor and Pride that we played......MJ the best"

thanks guys for giving me what im asking for... im just testing the waters. im just so sick of a lot of posters who kept on saying Jordan is the Best...blah blah... but didnt care to elaborate as why. and i will always respect that.

MJ is one of the most iconic personalities who we will wish to stay on the court and do his thing and never let him go outside of it. Basing on his HOF speech, It just shows what kind of person he is. Blame it on his ultra competetiveness nature that goes out of hand. Whats wrong is that he's been honored and gave speech alongside the very classy David Robinson, who, may not be a Michael Jordan in terms of accomplishments, but heads and shoulders above as a respectable human being. What a contrast. Nevertheless. He's will still be the icon of Bastketball. While the rest of the honorees gave thanks and inspiration, MJ just showed to us all that years after his retirment, he's still not at peace and still want to prove that he still have every revenge there could be. All of us may be looking up to him, but that speech made me think that even for a man of that godly status, we should pity him. He's almost no different to Michael Jackson.

Edited by kanto-terrorist
Guest megalodon
thinking about it kung naglalaro si michael sa peak ngayon,

si shaq, kobe, garnet at lebron ang malamang HINDI magkakaroon ng championships. sila ang swerte dahil wala na yung 90s bulls, or should i say wala na si 23. hard evidence of that is the b2b championships of HOU.

My take is MJ would have had a hard time winning those championships with Shaq and Kobe at their prime. Same with MJ entering the NBA in 1980. He'd win championships but I doubt it if he'd get 6.

Edited by megalodon
Guest megalodon
^^ The '96 Bulls would make mincemeat out of any team in the '00s, Lakers included, especially with today's no hand-check rules.

I'm not exactly sure if the Bulls would make mincemeat of any team in the 00's though. Spurs puede but the Lakers of Shaq and the Celts of today? I'm not sure about that.