Why do guys hurt women physically?

When someone was asked why he did what he did, he said very glibly, "Because I could." And, that I believe is why men hit women.

There are lots of people who seem to think this is normal and will defend the man and blame the victim. I think this is one of the reasons why men hit women.

For women, it would be good to be armed as much as possible and hit him back! This is to send a message that hitting women is definitely not okay! ^_^

hi. sorry for being anal, but there are some fallacies here. for starters:

1) the thread title - it assumes that ALL men inherently do this, as if it's an objective truth: that's fallacy dude. but of course if it's just the case with the wording and it holds a different abstracted definition (ie "hindi naman ganoon ang ibig sabihin"), then i won't be a grammar nazi. but that still doesn't make it correct.

2) while i do understand it when people say, "ang babae, hindi sinasaktan kung hindi minamahal". of course i agree. we are all people, we are all civil, after all we take pride in being part of some civilization which inscribes laws supposedly for the benefit of the people. but why put women on a pedestal? for centuries women had been making waves in different areas and are calling for true equality. correct me if i'm wrong, but putting them on a pedestal doesn't mean equality. it's really like treating women either as pets or subordinates, you know, sort of like your dog whom you're only fond of as long as it's cute. i thought a woman is ideally supposed to be a man's partner? putting women on a pedestal creates a moral loophole which creates a system that justifies the misdeeds of women. and i think i'm not the only one to say that women can be just as nasty, if not more so, as men. in short, kung ang babae hindi sinasaktan, ang lalaki din hindi sinasaktan, o sa madaling salita, hindi ka naman dapat nananakit ng kahit sinong tao. unless necessary, of course. (however violence is the refuge of the weak din naman). but then again, it's the status quo that prevails - a combination of a false sense of chivalry and the damsel in distress complex seems to be rather addicting to most people that these cliches seem to be the foundation of the relationships some people form.

i've met a lot of nasty girls in life, and i'm sure i'll be meeting more of them (sigh). i've never laid a hand on any woman, though there are those few times when i got real mad and almost lost control as there were some of them really wore my patience thin. don't be fooled - most women show violence not through physical means but through a passive-aggressive stance - emotional blackmail, reversal of blame, and deceit that would rival the skills as that of a con artist. i'm not saying that they are completely soulless; rather i'm saying they can be just as devilish as what this thread implicitly insinuates of men.

but of course, don't get me wrong. i'm in no way advocating for violence against women. if anything i would probably advocate AGAINST violence against any sentient being, be it human or animal. or more importantly or aptly, i'd like to make a suggestion, i'd ask why do some people hurt other physically?

either way, with what i said and with the context of this thread, it's all about POWER. i'll leave the thinking up to you, pagod na ako mag-type.

PS it's a good idea for some guys and gals (especially gals) to know how to defend themselves. yes, i said all that s@%t above, but remember that a lot of idiots are violent when drunk or drug-addled.

• Like (+1) 2
  • 6 months later...

From what I've read so far:

-Men who beat up women are dickheads

-Women who let themselves get beaten let it happen which then becomes a cycle

-There's a psychological "defect" on the part of the guy.

Before I express my opinion, I'd like to say sorry for being the psych police. We don't say psychological defect, a person is not product, thus a person can't be defective. A person has problems, disorders, diseases and illnesses. If you're talking about the reasons/symptoms for the illness/disorder, maybe you may want to say FACTOR/S.

I agree the it is not right for a person to harm another just to exert control. However, there are different factors which may have contributed to the present condition and before we label them as "defective". Maybe it would be more prudent to look at one's history first and trace the origins of the behavior in question. An example: If a man beats his wife/spouse/partner when he is drunk then proceeds to fcuk the other party would be labeled sadistic. The question to be asked then is: "Why is he doing that?" What were the factors involved that contributed to this person's twisted view of control and dominance.

Some psychological factors that contribute to this twisted view:

-The person grew up in a household where there was at least one alcoholic person

-That person may be an abusive father who proceeds to verbally/emotionally/physically abuse the wife (in this case the abusive guy's mother)

-The father after growing tired of beating the mother to a pulp then proceeds to beat the child

-The child who was powerless is now nurturing a deep hatred for both parents, while still being attached to the mother who shows him love and affection

-In the process the child is hoping that the mother would pick up the courage to defend herself and her child

-As the child grows up, he carries this in his subconscious. It then comes out when he is drunk himself and letting out his frustrations.

-This is just one possible scenario/explanation for the behavior. There are others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have recently heard this: "It's her fault! She's being abused and she was able to leave the guy but she keeps returning, thus the cycle."

-First of all the woman/man who gets beaten up does not let it happen, does not give her consent, does not ALLOW herself to get hurt.

-A woman/man who gets physically abused also bears the mark of psychological trauma. In the attempt of an abuser to control the abused, he/she would make the abused feel so dependent (by giving material gifts, not letting the other person work or have any means to live on his/her own). The abuser would make the abused feel that he/she is worthless without him/her, etc. Again, I reiterate, the person being abused is not giving any form of consent to be treated like trash. The abuser is a manipulative person who can twist the views and beliefs of another person.

-An abuser can actually manipulate the people around the abused to make those people think that he/she only has the best interests of the abused at heart. This may then lead the people around the abused to put the blame on the abused of there are any kink in the relationship, etc.

-The abused would be ashamed to admit the he/she is being abused which is also coupled by the fear that others would judge them for letting something like this happen to them.

-The abused would be ridden with guilt

-Other psychological, emotional, environmental and societal implications against the abused.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry bout the long explanation, but I do hope that gives you an idea as to why things may happen. And uhm, I'm a psychologist by profession.

Hey,

a nice lady friend of mine brought up a shocking topic...

his 10th month old boyfriend would hurt him physically, everytime they talked on different issues.

Tell me why do some guys would lift their strong hands at delicate women?

( When I met the guy, ...I "Knocked" his head off and make him realized that a woman should be well taken cared of, treated well with utmost respect, and pampered. )

though I believe in the afterlife, why? why do men hurt women physically?

please kindly share your thoughts my fellow brother....

frustrated sa sex life yung guy.

From what I've read so far:

-Men who beat up women are dickheads

-Women who let themselves get beaten let it happen which then becomes a cycle

-There's a psychological "defect" on the part of the guy.

Before I express my opinion, I'd like to say sorry for being the psych police. We don't say psychological defect, a person is not product, thus a person can't be defective. A person has problems, disorders, diseases and illnesses. If you're talking about the reasons/symptoms for the illness/disorder, maybe you may want to say FACTOR/S.

I agree the it is not right for a person to harm another just to exert control. However, there are different factors which may have contributed to the present condition and before we label them as "defective". Maybe it would be more prudent to look at one's history first and trace the origins of the behavior in question. An example: If a man beats his wife/spouse/partner when he is drunk then proceeds to fcuk the other party would be labeled sadistic. The question to be asked then is: "Why is he doing that?" What were the factors involved that contributed to this person's twisted view of control and dominance.

Some psychological factors that contribute to this twisted view:

-The person grew up in a household where there was at least one alcoholic person

-That person may be an abusive father who proceeds to verbally/emotionally/physically abuse the wife (in this case the abusive guy's mother)

-The father after growing tired of beating the mother to a pulp then proceeds to beat the child

-The child who was powerless is now nurturing a deep hatred for both parents, while still being attached to the mother who shows him love and affection

-In the process the child is hoping that the mother would pick up the courage to defend herself and her child

-As the child grows up, he carries this in his subconscious. It then comes out when he is drunk himself and letting out his frustrations.

-This is just one possible scenario/explanation for the behavior. There are others.

I have recently heard this: "It's her fault! She's being abused and she was able to leave the guy but she keeps returning, thus the cycle."

-First of all the woman/man who gets beaten up does not let it happen, does not give her consent, does not ALLOW herself to get hurt.

-A woman/man who gets physically abused also bears the mark of psychological trauma. In the attempt of an abuser to control the abused, he/she would make the abused feel so dependent (by giving material gifts, not letting the other person work or have any means to live on his/her own). The abuser would make the abused feel that he/she is worthless without him/her, etc. Again, I reiterate, the person being abused is not giving any form of consent to be treated like trash. The abuser is a manipulative person who can twist the views and beliefs of another person.

-An abuser can actually manipulate the people around the abused to make those people think that he/she only has the best interests of the abused at heart. This may then lead the people around the abused to put the blame on the abused of there are any kink in the relationship, etc.

-The abused would be ashamed to admit the he/she is being abused which is also coupled by the fear that others would judge them for letting something like this happen to them.

-The abused would be ridden with guilt

-Other psychological, emotional, environmental and societal implications against the abused.

Sorry bout the long explanation, but I do hope that gives you an idea as to why things may happen. And uhm, I'm a psychologist by profession.

Are you teaching psych?

Kung di nyo na kami mahal, iwanan nyo na lang, wag na saktan physically, mas masakit yun eh.

pwede ka naman umalis na e. but you chose not to.

Under no circumstance that a man should lay a finger on a woman, unless his life is endangered.

UNLESS when it comes to BED! ^_^

wag tayo manakit kasi wala tayong pinagkaiba sa bading kung ganun! :ninja:

:P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHkvan-NFnM

• 3 weeks later...

we dont have any reason to hurt women physically and vice versa... unless the girl who is being hurt is a masochist haha...

honestly speaking siguro napipikon na talaga yung lalake to a point na ung babae eh hindi na nakikinig sa explanation ng guy, or for some reason na may ginagawa si babae sa lalake... if not then malala tlga ang topak ng guy kung snasaktan nya ung babae without any reason at all