Why do guys hurt women physically?

• 2 months later...

I suppose upbringing is a big factor..

History repeats itself and if a guy's environment is fed by this culture of wife-beating when he was growing up then that would be a major influence in his outlook and relationship with women..

I am lucky to have had a father who was a gentleman..

Your right bro... Because I have an Uncle who does that to my aunt when I was a kid with my cousins, while I'm living with them and now my cousins are doing the same thing to their wife, and I abhors it so much...

Edited by kira21

I have very low treshold for someone, a male specially , physically hurting a woman. I will intervene, I would not look away, I will smack the woman-beater straight were it hurts. And I will not hesitate to have him prosecuted. and pay for the prosecution. There no excuse loud enough to make a case for a man to hurt women. I do not care if it is a stranger, or my relative. I have zero tolerance for men physically hurting women. So I hope not to see anything like that in the streets of Metromanila.

Edited by knoll1234

For me, mahina ang personality at usually cowards ang nanakit ng ladies. I have a friend who is physically at psychologically battered by her husband. Nakakaawa pero hindi makaalis sa relasyon dahil sa mga anak. The point is, ano ang tinuturo mo sa anak mo kapag nakikita kang sinasaktan at yung asawa mo nananakit? Tsk.

I even heard some stories of being hurt and feels happy about it because mahal daw sila ng asawa nila kaya ganon. The scientific answer to this? Misattribution of arousal. Pwede din tong gamitin para mapaibig ang babae.

This is a touchy subject for a lot of people and I implore those making contributions to be level headed and not let their emotions get the better of them.

With that out of the way I would just like to get something clear - I do not condone abuse (look up the word, many of you have a misconstrued the meaning of this word). However, in the liberal world that we all claim to live in, I believe everyone should be held accountable for their actions and words.

So as make my contributions less ambiguous I'll explain further:

1. A woman cheats on her man and lets him raise a child under the notion that the child is his, only to find out the truth when he the child is 18. Would you smack her if you were the husband?

2. A man cheats on his wife, drinks irresponsibly and beats her to a pulp whenever he feels like it . What would you do if they were your neighbours?

On a side note, women if you don't want a man to smack you don't initiate violence - sometimes it's as simple as that. If you smack me then I smack you back, that's not abuse - we just fought!

All I am saying is, don't generalise things and call all instances abuse across the board.

My friend was smacked by her bf and she came to me hoping I would give the chap a spanking. Upon hearing her her story I was inclined to do just that, until she told me that she and her ex had gone out for coffee. I told her she had it coming - seriously! I don't like her bf, but in all honesty he is a good chap and she acknowledges it, he accepted her and her two kids and is a good provider. I asked her why she had gone to meet her ex, she said we just wanted to have coffee. Yeah we all know what coffee is in Manila.

A lot of men spit out the same rhetoric, 'women should not be hit, smacked etc', but just watch news bulletins and read the paper everyday - you'll find the very same chaps facing assault charges against women.

I challenge all men to answer this question truthfully, if you can. The rest can sit back and judge.

You go to one of these Pasig motels with a Psp and just as you are pulling into the driveway you spot your wife/gf's car that you helped her puchase - she's driving out of an adjacent motel with two other men. What would you do?

I challenge all men to answer this question truthfully, if you can. The rest can sit back and judge.

You go to one of these Pasig motels with a Psp and just as you are pulling into the driveway you spot your wife/gf's car that you helped her puchase - she's driving out of an adjacent motel with two other men. What would you do?

When she gets home, all her stuff will be in the driveway, all the locks will be changed, SIM will be changed, all bank accounts will be emptied, the kids will be with some friends somewhere and will go to different schools in a different city, there will be a security guard outside the house to prevent anybody from coming in, my lawyer will file for legal separation and custody, and I will go on vacation and have a good time with the PSP for a month. Hindi ako mahilig sa drama, there is nothing to talk about.

Uh, she can keep the car, but will no longer send payments.

Edited by omegared

minsan may mga tao na kahit nasaktan na nila yung girl, pinagsisisihan naman nila. pero case to case basis pa rin

Pag titignan mo yung profile ng domestic abuse, ganyan talaga naguumpisa yan, may pinag awayan, sinaktan ang partner, nag apologize, ok na. Pero never yun ok, mauulit yun, at mag escalate violence hanggang kahit maliit na bagay na lang pagbubuhatan na ng kamay, yung abused naman gagamitin yung pagapologize para ipagpatuloy ang relationship, sometimes sinasabi pa nya na deserve nya kasi sya ang may kasalanan. Ganito ang pattern ng abusive relationship. Bato-bato sa langit tamaan ay wag magalit.

In reality wala tayong karapatang saktan ang ibang tao mali man sila o hindi, we should walk away kung gustong gumanti, ihabla or pakulam mo na lang.

Meron rin ibang tao na talagang mahaba ang pasensya. IF his/her partner abuses and crosses that threshold. It is like a volcano that will erupt. Meron silent na eruption, meron rin violent and all those pyroclastic debris will surely hit that S2PID partner's face real hard. :(