Masteral - Any Plans?

i practically completed my mba in la salle.. unfortunately, i was not happy on the limited choices they require me on the thesis to present... i wanted an entirely new thesis but policy dictates otherwise... so i didn't get to graduate... for now i am looking forward to completing and retaking my mba via the online internet program...

For me, I'm planning to take an computational science or an applied math course specializing in fin math to be a fully fledged financial mathematician. Also, im taking my graduate studies to better compete with other bright individuals overseas.

Any comments sa cap college? im planning to get a ab math via distance learning while working so that i'll have the necessary math background for my graduate studies.

Anyone here has the same predicament?

I'm not taking up MBA/Post graduate courses for title/position/money etc. Sure its a there are priveledges but for me its more of proving my worth to my parents. I want to achive something that my parents were not able to do so. Besides, They don't pay for it, I do :lol:

am also taking up masterals somewhere in diliman. depende lang talaga sa gusto mong future in terms of your career. so the advice i can share is, siguraduhing tama yung masteral na kinukuha, at siguraduhin ding committed ka sa studies mo. it's a whole new ballgame, kasi may ibang priorities ka na e, like work or family.

I have taken two masteral courses and have finished with them. my 1st one an MBA enabled me to leave my days as a programmer and start a career in Management. The 2nd masteral degree was more of me trying to satisfy an itch that i could succeed juggling work and school at the same time, have a more specialized graduate degree (an MBA is generic).

After all of this, i realized that what i really appreciated was getting to interact with fellow students in class.

Which do you think is better MBA or masters in finance?

Meron bang nag MBA na dito sa UP? Okay ba? Mahirap?  :D

I took my MBA in UP Diliman during the late 90's. there were two choices: full time which is a little less than 2 years and part time which will take 3 years. As to whether okay o hindi, it depends on which courses and professors you take. Some of the lecturers are just a waste of time.

The Masters in Finance course was just starting during my MBA. It is really meant for people who are planning to have a career in banks and other financial institutions. It is harder than an MBA especially if you are not mathematically gifted.

I took my MBA in UP Diliman during the late 90's. there were two choices: full time which is a little less than 2 years and part time which will take 3 years.  As to whether okay o hindi, it depends on which courses and professors you take. Some of the lecturers are just a waste of time.

The Masters in Finance course was just starting during my MBA. It is really meant for people who are planning to have a career in banks and other financial institutions. It is harder than an MBA especially if you are not mathematically gifted.

I just graduated from the UP MBA program. Ok naman sya, not very tough (sorry mga tsong, di naman nagyayabang, I was thinking kasi na it would be "tougher"). I took finance related courses mostly kasi I thought di naman ako malilinya sa human resource or marketing management kahit kailan. Ang mahirap lang noong una yung schedule kasi pang-gabi tapos may cases at assignments. Pag first year di mo pa alam kung pano takbo ng klase at di mo pa kilala mga kaklase mo, di mo pa malalaman kung kanino ka magji-jive at kanino ka maiirita hehehe.

Yung finance "tougher" in terms of focus katulad ng sabi ni lurker, kung wala kang mathematical inclination. Pero it is worth it. Hindi ka man mag-land ng better job agad, makakapagbasa ka naman ng business page ng dyaryo at maiintindihan mo kung anong sinasabi hehehe.

I took my MBA in UP Diliman during the late 90's. there were two choices: full time which is a little less than 2 years and part time which will take 3 years.  As to whether okay o hindi, it depends on which courses and professors you take. Some of the lecturers are just a waste of time.

I just graduated from the UP MBA program. Ok naman sya, not very tough (sorry mga tsong, di naman nagyayabang, I was thinking kasi na it would be "tougher"). I took finance related courses mostly kasi I thought di naman ako malilinya sa human resource or marketing management kahit kailan. Ang mahirap lang noong una yung schedule kasi pang-gabi tapos may cases at assignments. Pag first year di mo pa alam kung pano takbo ng klase at di mo pa kilala mga kaklase mo, di mo pa malalaman kung kanino ka magji-jive at kanino ka maiirita hehehe.

Yung finance "tougher" in terms of focus katulad ng sabi ni lurker, kung wala kang mathematical inclination. Pero it is worth it. Hindi ka man mag-land ng better job agad, makakapagbasa ka naman ng business page ng dyaryo at maiintindihan mo kung anong sinasabi hehehe.

• 2 weeks later...