Ron Nathan writes that Abacus research forecasts PSEI to hit 5000 in one year...

Anyway, just follow DJIA MACD and you won't go wrong... it's up. Buy any dips.

My take is that ORE is a speculative nickel mining stock. Probably yhe other mining speculators might want to push it up to generate a mood that mining stocks are still hot. But I don't know if Tower, Abacus or Angping will push it.

Who's heard of Caroline Tanchay?

Edited by arkitekto

i have support at 3455 and 3400. you might want to wait till the phisix bounced from them before buying. current price, 3538, is also testing (breaching actually) another support i have. but whether it succesfully breaks down from this support we will see next week. (i still want to be optimistic, all signals point downwards though :( )

Edited by magnus
Not to be pessimistic or anything but economists are saying that 2008 is a correction year since mula 2002 pa umaakyat ang stock. Also read that 40% chance na ang recession based on expert opinions because of subprime and credit problems being faced in the US.

i think youre right. what i thought was the early stage of an upswing turned out to be part of a correction. hirap kumita sa sideways market.

ok 3400 support is almost here. mukhang nag bounce na. if aggressive ka bili na and sell sa resistance at 3600 to 3630. again this is only for the agressive and very short term traders

i have support at 3455 and 3400. you might want to wait till the phisix bounced from them before buying. current price, 3538, is also testing (breaching actually) another support i have. but whether it succesfully breaks down from this support we will see next week. (i still want to be optimistic, all signals point downwards though :( )

Hi po,, newbie po ako..balak ko na po mag sit in by january nxt year sa citisec

Baka may mga babasahin or sites or url kayo na pwede iforward saken para matuto ko ng mabuti..

Thanks in advance!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Hi po,, newbie po ako..balak ko na po mag sit in by january nxt year sa citisec

Baka may mga babasahin or sites or url kayo na pwede iforward saken para matuto ko ng mabuti..

Thanks in advance!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

CNBC Mad Money host: "Haven't been buying too much. My head keeps getting chopped a little too much lately."

Asia recovered from lows thanks to positive dow futures. hopefully prices go up enough for a decent exit... looks like it might be the start of a bear market. hopefully not...

Ron nathan doesn't hold any shares now...

Ok kaya i-short ang BDO?

Guest fhoryou

I'm waiting for the bear market.

If the stocks go down there will be a lot of opportunity.

Just like one CNN reporter said. The stocks are going down and rich are getting richer.

eeerrr why does the bear market offer a lot of opportunity? you talking about earning money or losing money?

and how does the stocks going down making the rich richer? unless they are shorting

I'm waiting for the bear market.

If the stocks go down there will be a lot of opportunity.

Just like one CNN reporter said. The stocks are going down and rich are getting richer.

i'm not really that sure if i get this right. i suck in remembering terms... but here goes....

market order ata is that kung ano ang price ng stock when the order was made yun ang babayaran mo. kung limit ikaw mag set ng price.

advantage ng market order is that your order will match. disadvantage is that the price might not be the one you want. use this if you really want to buy or sell the stock

advantage ng limit is that you will buy/sell the stock at the price you want. disadvantage is that it does not guarantee na magka match ang order mo.

Ano po ang difference ng Order type na MARKET sa LIMIT? Thanks po I just started to play the PSE game para I know something before investing on it with real money.
i'm not really that sure if i get this right. i suck in remembering terms... but here goes....

market order ata is that kung ano ang price ng stock when the order was made yun ang babayaran mo. kung limit ikaw mag set ng price.

advantage ng market order is that your order will match. disadvantage is that the price might not be the one you want. use this if you really want to buy or sell the stock

advantage ng limit is that you will buy/sell the stock at the price you want. disadvantage is that it does not guarantee na magka match ang order mo.

Gracias sir. Now I understand.

eeerrr why does the bear market offer a lot of opportunity? you talking about earning money or losing money?

and how does the stocks going down making the rich richer? unless they are shorting

Shorting can be profitable too if you know what you're doing.

But I guess what he meant was you buy when everybody else is selling ergo lower prices. But one has to be careful not to catch a falling knife so to speak. Wait until there's a credible correction before buying anything. The great thing when the market bottoms out is that it's easier to see your risk vis-a-vis you potential profits. Kita mo na ung worst case so pwede kang maging mas aggressive pag may correction (trend reversal, paakyat na ulit ang merkado, may be a short term or a long term correction).

Para mas malinaw, let's say stock A historically nag-trade ng lowest low of P1.00 and highest high of P8.00 dahil sa bear market bumagsak sya sa P1.25 ulit. Stock A remains to ba a good company and yung current low price nya is more of a reflection of the current bear market more than its actual fundamentals. In terms of risk/return, most likely na talo mo is P0.25 (P1.25-P1.00) compared to a potential upside of P6.75 (P8-P1.25) in this scenario you see why I say you can really be aggressive and confident in buying stock A. In short, you'd be more than willing to take a .25 hit if things go bad in return for a potential profit of up to 6.75 when things turn bullish. So ang diskarte is hintayin lang na mag-settle down ang market then look for those stocks na trading at a discount (mura), pili ka lang ng isa o dalawa depende sa budget mo.

The most difficult is timing your buy to when the market finally makes a correction. This takes a certain amount of skill and lots of luck. But if you're playing with disposable funds and pang-long term ang investment mo, basta bumaba to a certain level yung gusto mong stock na sa tingin mo mura na siya eh bilhin mo na at wag ka ng sumabay sa mga 'eksperto'. Pinaka-maganda pa eh wag mong ibuhos lahat ng pera mo sa isang bili. Most probably the stock will go down further when you finally decide to buy into it (it happens to everyone almost 100% of the time!) so mag-average down ka meaning, binibili mo yung stock pababa ng pababa ung price hanggang sa kung saan umabot yung budget mo. Then sitting pretty ka na lang and kalimutan mo na yung binili mo hanggang kelangan mo na ng pang-tuition o pambili ng bagong kotse ;)

Happy New Year mga repapips!

I was doing some experiments the other day.

I bought PLDT when it was down to 2970 per unit....

sold it when it became 3200

Im such a dumb arse. The costs of selling and buying alone were barely covered. :(

I know this might be a dumb question but, When should you sell a stock?

Edited by redshirt