Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

• 4 weeks later...
u answered the call na pala!!!  :D

welcome... welcome!

:thumbsupsmiley:

Yeah, finally! I've been lurking at PhilMUG since 2002 pa but I never posted kasi wala akong Mac at that time. And you know how long I've been wanting to switch but just couldn't afford it yet. So eto, rumaket para makabili ng iBook :lol:

pls count me in....i just got a bnew ibook....very nice piece of ass...

meron nga lang ako noticed na hairline scratches sa cover...(pero di naman talaga noticeable)...dyahe ang pearl finish ng ibook..sobra delicate....natatangal ba yong scratches (di naman kalaliman ).  paano ito iwasan?

buy a full body mask. is a sticker like thingy that will protect your baby.

ano bang application ang magagamit mo sa mac?

what apps do you need?

thats a usual misconception. Don't think mac as some sort of a special computer. Think of it as just a computer. It can do things that a PC can do. If you have the applications. The application that you can use on a mac has to be the one designed for the mac. example: Microsoft Office XP won't work on mac. You have to use Microsoft Office: Mac.

Guest airmax
thats a usual misconception.  Don't think mac as some sort of a special computer.  Think of it as just a computer.  It can do things that a PC can do.  If you have the applications.  The application that you can use on a mac has to be the one designed for the mac.  example: Microsoft Office XP won't work on mac.  You have to use Microsoft Office: Mac.

well un nga lang the way i see it limited lang ang applications dito. kaya nga pinagiisipan ko kung bibili ako nito in the future. i've been a pc guy all my life.

Guest airmax
Another myth is that there's not much of an applcation for mac.  There is a lot, you might just not know where ot look.  However if you are looking for games, there is not much games for mac.

why dont you try going to greenhills check mo kung ilan ang nagbebenta ng mac software doon as compared to pc. isa lang ata nakita ko nagbebenta don. even if you go sites such as downloads.com or tucows.com mas marami pa rin ang nasa pc. kaya nga bago ako bumili nito tintingnan ko muna kung magbebenifit ako dito in terms of application and usage. just my 2 cents. this is not a myth but a reality.

Edited by airmax

actually i don't even encourage you to look in greenhills even if you found something its pretty old already. have you tried looking at versiontracker.com and macupdate.com?

they have a lot of shareware and freeware. Like i said mac user can help you a lot more if you tell them what sort of application you need. Its like a saying i heard, there are million of applications for windows and most of them are junk but thousands of application for mac and most of them are good.

Guest airmax
actually i don't even encourage you to look in greenhills even if you found something its pretty old already.  have you tried looking at versiontracker.com and macupdate.com? 

they have a lot of shareware and freeware.  Like i said mac user can help you a lot more if you tell them what sort of application you need.  Its like a saying i heard, there are million of applications for windows and most of them are junk but thousands of application for mac and most of them are good.

i dont have a mac yet. pinagiisipan ko pa lang bumili. windows has a lot of shareware and freeware as well pero hindi naman lahat un ginagamit ko un lang kelangan ko.

why dont you try going to greenhills check mo kung ilan ang nagbebenta ng mac software doon as compared to pc. isa lang ata nakita ko nagbebenta don. even if you go sites such as downloads.com or tucows.com mas marami pa rin ang nasa pc. kaya nga bago ako bumili nito tintingnan ko muna kung magbebenifit ako dito in terms of application and usage. just my 2 cents. this is not a myth but a reality.

In reality there is only one shop that sells pirated mac softwares in greenhills. The shop actually dictates the price since he monopolizes the market. mac softwares are at leat 400php per CD compared to Windows which you can get at cheap as 35php. Yes mas madaming mapagpipilian na sofwares for windows but the question is how many different media player, photo editing, word processing, spread sheet, video editing softwares do you need. if you have a good software, one is all you need. personally i have only one software for each applications except for media player, Quicktime Pro and VLC (both for free if you stay with Quicktime, not the pro). All of the Mac softwares i have encountered are created soundly unlike most of the windows software i tried.