Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

to reset your password, you have to start up from the software install and restore the disc

that came with your mac. after the installer opens, choose INSTALLER > RESET PASSWORD

from the menu bar. From there, just follow the step by step instructions on the screen.

i've chose and click rest passwork and it told me to restart my mac from the cd by clicking the restart icon, but after clicking restart, it asked me to enter my old passwork, eh nakalimutan ko nga un password ko eh... pano 'to? pls pls pls pls help .... thanx :)

MAC OS X - LEOPARF SNEAK PEAK

What do you do when you reach enlightenment? Keep going. Mac OS X Tiger was ahead of its time in 2005. But that didn’t stop Apple engineers from moving forward. Get a glimpse of the not-so-distant future. Introducing Mac OS X Leopard.

Use it, never lose it

New in Leopard, Time Machine takes you beyond the backup. An automated system that regularly backs up everything on your Mac — music, photos, movies, documents — Time Machine also takes you back in time to restore your system. Enter Time Machine’s browser and look for files you may have deleted or lost, flip through multiple versions of the same project, or get a snapshot of your entire system from day one.

Get the message

Set your email to stun with Mail 3 in Leopard. Create amazing invitations, letters, travelogues, and more — complete with photos and graphics — using new Stationery templates. Just choose your template, then use the built-in Media Browser to drag in your photos and more. And when those RSVPs start filling your inbox, you’ll stay organized with new Notes and To-Dos you can access from any Mac or PC. Plus, security enhancements including anti-phishing protection in Mail and Safari make Leopard the safest Mac OS for all your communications.

Show and tell

iChat gets a double dose of fun and functionality in Leopard. Chat from virtually everywhere with video backdrops. Create a video alter-ego in iChat using fun effects from Photo Booth, built into Leopard. Set up an iChat Theatre session to put on a virtual slideshow or Keynote presentation. Or Initiate Screen Sharing and take control of a friend or colleague’s display.

Enjoy the view

Leopard improves the way you manage and access information on your Mac. For starters, with Spaces, you can organize your windows into different groups — work, play, communication, creation — and move between them all with ease. Spaces gives you a one-click bird’s eye view of every project.

Plus, Dashboard adds new widgets that make life on the Web a one-click affair. Want to build your own Dashboard widgets? Dashcode gets your widgets running in minutes — even if you’ve never written a line of code.

Shine a light

Spotlight for Leopard introduces searching across network-mounted folders, so you can find what you need on more than one Mac. And with more powerful, flexible search options, Spotlight gives you more ways to find everything on your desktop — and beyond.

Get ready, get set, get Leopard

All these features and more are delivered to you in one universal, fully accessible, 64-bit operating system. Coming spring 2007.

guys, need help. i bought a bootleg(mahal ng orig eh. sorry) version of mac office 2004, but whenever i open a program like word or excel, this message appears:"an unexpected error occured while trying to load the microsoft framework library." does anyone here know what i should do to resolve this whithout my having to buy an original copy of the software? ive tried re installing, ive returned the cd and bought a diff copy with diff serial number... ganon parin error. im using the tiger os with a macbook.

MS office problem, try deleting the prefs at kung ayaw pa rin reinstall mo na lng MS Office pwede naman drag n drop lang ung buong folder ng MS Office.

It may be true that Macs maybe cheaper in Dubai, but check out that the warranty you get is Global cause some of these may have only IMC warranty which is region specific only. Some units maybe more expensive in the P.I. but they do get a 3 year warranty (ask vendor) as against a 1 year warranty you get from most apple resellers.

I've been a PC user (WINTEL Platform) for the past few years. I've been contemplating an upgrade lately - time to replace my old Pentium III 500MHz / Windows 98SE rig with a new one to keep up with the higher system requirements of newer applications that I use in Medical Transcription work. My initial choice wass to build my own rig based on an AMD Athlon 64-Bit platform but I also realized the advantages of having a notebook computer: portability, productivity - I can work anywhere I want.

Since I do PC gaming occasionally, my hardware requirements include a fast Dual Core mobile processor with at least 1GB of DDR2 memory. HP's Pavilion DV1000t Series notebook (www.hp.com) got my nod initially.

What made me decide to make the big switch to Mac is their new wonder - the Intel Core Duo 2.0GHz powered MacBook (www.apple.com). Yep, you got it right! This baby's now powered by an Intel processor... and with the Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger OS, it means it's now 5x faster than your iBook G4. Throw in a built-in iSight camera with mic, a built-in 8x DVD SuperDrive (CD/DVD-RW), Built-in WiFi & Bluetooth with LAN and an optional 56K USB 2.0 modem and you're good to go!

To put the icing on the cake, these MacBooks could now run Windows XP or Windows 98SE, even Linux too thru applications like the Boot Camp and Parallels Desktop for Mac. For me, this is great news.

All for the price of P70,000-P96,000 depending on specs (processor, RAM and color). You can get a similar-spec'd Windows notebook like the Sony VAIO, NEC, Dell or IBM but it will hurt your wallet to the tune of P150,000. So it's no longer a question of which one is better - Mac or Windows. Now, the question is... BLACK or WHITE?

Check out these links:

www.apple.com

Mac Forums

http://www.parallels.com/files/upload/desktop_1_small.gif

Windows XP running alongside Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

http://www.parallels.com/files/upload/desktop_2_small.gif

Linux running alongside Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

http://www.parallels.com/files/upload/desktop_4_small.gif

Windows 98SE running alongside Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Note Sun Solaris in the background)

I am planning to buy a macbook the only problem is how to roam using pldt weroam.

I check with senco and they informed me that there is no external adaptor to connect the

antenna to mac? any suggestions?

im not sure if you may use weroam on a mac book. if i'm not mistaken weroam uses a pcmcia card with antenna to connect to the pldt network. macbooks don't have pcmcia card slot. i think.

two cents.

cheers!

1983 first time ko makahawak ng computer, guess what Apple II pa yon :cool:

ngayon trabaho ko tech support ng mac, naku magexpire na pla certification ko next month kailangan na magexam uli.

d naman totoo na walang virus ang macs, meron din kaya lng d kasing dami ng windows at d kasing dreadful ng viruses ng windows.

tama c si MIg competitive na ang pricing ng Macs ngaun.

1983 first time ko makahawak ng computer, guess what Apple II pa yon :cool:

ngayon trabaho ko tech support ng mac, naku magexpire na pla certification ko next month kailangan na magexam uli.

d naman totoo na walang virus ang macs, meron din kaya lng d kasing dami ng windows at d kasing dreadful ng viruses ng windows.

tama c si MIg competitive na ang pricing ng Macs ngaun.

Yeah, you're correct. While it's true there are also viruses that attack the Mac, they're more of a commonplace in the Windows world because these viruses, worms and trojans were made to attack computers running on a Windows-based platform. Most of these viruses were usually spread thru MS-Office documents like Word, PowerPoint and Excel files. I once checked out some link and online research led me to the following infos:

1. There are 71,000 worms, trojans and viruses out there waiting for you if you're a Windows PC user.

2. There are 671 worms, trojans and viruses that specifically target Macs.

These figures may change as time goes but I'd say a 671 : 71,000 ratio in favor of the Mac is still a good batting average. I'll be making the big switch to Mac OS X Tiger soon and will be buying a MacBook 2.0GHz. Since I'll be using Windows XP occasionally (thru Boot Camp and Parallels Desktop) to run some Windows-based applications that are inexistent in the Mac, I figured it might be a great idea to install Norton Anti-Virus 10.0 (for Mac OS X) for good measure. Better safe than sorry.

My advise is to buy from someone else! mwehehehehe

Seriously though, I'm not sure how the weroam will work with the internal wifi connection of Mac products...I'm surprised Erwin (the head tech guy at Sengco) didn't know the answer to this one...maybe you should ask other suppliers like Liteware/LMK/Ynzal if they've dealt with this problem...I'm sure there's a way to fix it. :)

Maybe you can contact PLDT and ask.

All new models of Laptops or Macbooks/pro are built in with WIFI. Maybe they have another way to connect this.

PCMCIAis already a thing of the past. Its stupid of PLDT if thats the only way to connect thru their service

well, most (if not all) macs come with all the SW you need... as in word processing, internet browsing, music, video, photo (iSuite)...

yung hahanapin mo n lang would be the high end editors, i think ... like adobe and corel.... also games...

but as for basics, should all be in there, all orig, all lisenced...

and as for pirated... well, i \'m not recommending it, but as many have said... you just have to know where to look

Macs run everything windows can... even pirated software....

hehehe... clue, i never buy softwares.... just download from legit sources then its a matter of where to look for the serials..