Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

Don't you think discussions in apple website are a bit biased? Puro magagandang reviews kasi.

I want to hear it from the users themselves.

Pinoy Mac is for sale?

Well, most probably Im getting a mac anyway....

it boils down to usage, actually... i was thinking of wither getting a shuttle or a mac mini... almost the same ang price, kanya lang, shuttle wont come with and OS and all the programs, comes comes with almost everything... downside, mac SW isnt really, uh, "freely enterprisable" hehehe... and most of my favorite games are Win-based... also mas sanay ako sa windows, although di gaanong kahirap ang learning curve ng mac eh

also try www.philmug.com

Edited by marc.alan
it boils down to usage, actually... i was thinking of wither getting a shuttle or a mac mini... almost the same ang price, kanya lang, shuttle wont come with and OS and all the programs, comes comes with almost everything... downside, mac SW isnt really, uh, "freely enterprisable" hehehe... and most of my favorite games are Win-based... also mas sanay ako sa windows, although di gaanong kahirap ang learning curve ng mac eh

also try www.philmug.com

Well, one reason why Im shifting to mac is because of the intel core duo chips and I've heard that when you install bootcamp, you can use 2 OS, it lets you choose if you want Mac OS or windows XP. At least some of the programs Im using in windows will still be available. I really hope it really works. I also heard of a program called parallels... it also allows windows to run inside mac OS.. pretty cool....

Actually, I already ordered my Macbook, depends nalang on when the stocks will be available.

for the technical mac users...

is the ram of the ibook g4 upgrade-able?

the ibook g4 has 256 ram.

It sure is! I'm using an iBook G4, upgraded from 256 to 1.2GHz...had it done by Sengco,my mac dealer. :)

The downside of upgrading my RAM is now that it performs so well, I don't have a reason to upgrade to the MacBook!

i've used mac along time ago.. it was with MAC i learned how to use a computer and perhaps understand its inuendos.

now, i mostly use Windows... i didn't change religion though... I am still a staunch believer of Mac... i only have issues on its economics.

Issues with the economics? Macs are actually cheaper than their PC bretheren here in the Philippines (unless you count the Frankenstein computers cobbled together in China)

Toshiba laptops with similar specs to an iBook are around 10-15k more expensive...and don't even ask about the Sony Vaio series.

Issues with the economics? Macs are actually cheaper than their PC bretheren here in the Philippines (unless you count the Frankenstein computers cobbled together in China)

Toshiba laptops with similar specs to an iBook are around 10-15k more expensive...and don't even ask about the Sony Vaio series.

with laptops yes... i think what smoothcriminal is talking about is a mac desktop (that is, an iMac, eMac, mac mini plus its periphs) compared to your typical IBM clone. while a mac would cost you upwards of 60K, your typical PC package from gilmore will only cost you about half that price.... although, if you do get a branded IBM clone here, halus ganun din ang price sa Mac

It sure is! I'm using an iBook G4, upgraded from 256 to 1.2GHz...had it done by Sengco,my mac dealer. :)

The downside of upgrading my RAM is now that it performs so well, I don't have a reason to upgrade to the MacBook!

thanks for replying... :)

if u dont mind me asking, what's the price range

of the ram upgrade?

did u add hard drive memory as well?

thanks.

Guys, im planning on buying a Mac. I have a question: Does Mac laptop/desktops accepts pirated software? Is there pirated software available in Manila? Or do i have to use original software? Thanks!

yeah meron pirated, saw last may sa greenhills 3rd floor shopsville

i'm a imac g5 user

question guys, i forgot my password, pano ireset? d ako makainstall ng updates, ty

Edited by SMACKDOWN
yeah meron pirated, saw last may sa greenhills 3rd floor shopsville

i'm a imac g5 user

question guys, i forgot my password, pano ireset? d ako makainstall ng updates, ty

to reset your password, you have to start up from the software install and restore the disc

that came with your mac. after the installer opens, choose INSTALLER > RESET PASSWORD

from the menu bar. From there, just follow the step by step instructions on the screen.

Wow, dami ng Mac users. I'm game for a coffee EB. If I remember correctly, that Coco Grill restaurant along Kalayaan (where TA had an EB) offers free wi-fi but wait, coffee's not really their specialty. Well, there's always Coffee Bean in Greenbelt 3. Plus, they're used to having the PodCentral people there :)

I installed Warcraft III on my iBook so now I can play DOTA anytime I want. Gawd, how geeky is that. haha! :D

I am planning to buy a macbook the only problem is how to roam using pldt weroam.

I check with senco and they informed me that there is no external adaptor to connect the

antenna to mac? any suggestions?

My advise is to buy from someone else! mwehehehehe

Seriously though, I'm not sure how the weroam will work with the internal wifi connection of Mac products...I'm surprised Erwin (the head tech guy at Sengco) didn't know the answer to this one...maybe you should ask other suppliers like Liteware/LMK/Ynzal if they've dealt with this problem...I'm sure there's a way to fix it. :)

Edited by Tom-Tado
Wow, dami ng Mac users. I'm game for a coffee EB. If I remember correctly, that Coco Grill restaurant along Kalayaan (where TA had an EB) offers free wi-fi but wait, coffee's not really their specialty. Well, there's always Coffee Bean in Greenbelt 3. Plus, they're used to having the PodCentral people there :)

I installed Warcraft III on my iBook so now I can play DOTA anytime I want. Gawd, how geeky is that. haha! :D

Where did you get your game? I only have first person shooters on mine (HALO, Return to Caslte Wolfenstein)

ei vixen! :D

nice to see u in this thread

... and the other forum too!

hehehe...

best regards to you. :D