Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

Dear MTC-MUG,

I've messed up the display of my 12-inch G4 Powerbook. There's a big dark line that cuts across my screen now, although I can still view most of the area.

A new display would set me back US$1,000, while I could get the new dual processor one (is that the Macbook?) for a little less than US$ 2,000.

I got the G4 for US$ 4,000, a couple of years ago. So I feel bad to let it go to waste.

What would you recommend I do:

1) replace my LCD display for US$ 1,000, so I could "revive" the G4?

2) just buy a sleek external monitor for only US$ 500, and still use the G4?

OR:

3) get the new Macbook na for US$ 2,000, altogether?

(Note: the new Macbook's specs have at least double processing speed and RAM than my 2-year old G4.)

Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

:goatee: B

I suggest you get a Macbook sir, I believe you can trade your old mac and dagdag ka lng to get a new macbook

I suggest you get a Macbook sir, I believe you can trade your old mac and dagdag ka lng to get a new macbook

I was dreading that the reco was going to be that. I wonder what I'm going to get for the old G4, given the busted display? Oh well.

Cheers for the quick response, Nismo.

Dear MTC-MUG,

I've messed up the display of my 12-inch G4 Powerbook. There's a big dark line that cuts across my screen now, although I can still view most of the area.

A new display would set me back US$1,000, while I could get the new dual processor one (is that the Macbook?) for a little less than US$ 2,000.

I got the G4 for US$ 4,000, a couple of years ago. So I feel bad to let it go to waste.

What would you recommend I do:

1) replace my LCD display for US$ 1,000, so I could "revive" the G4?

2) just buy a sleek external monitor for only US$ 500, and still use the G4?

OR:

3) get the new Macbook na for US$ 2,000, altogether?

(Note: the new Macbook's specs have at least double processing speed and RAM than my 2-year old G4.)

Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

An affordable solution is No. 2. If u have the budget No. 3. :goatee:

wow... MTC-MUG.... sounds nice... hehehe...

change tayo ng room name u want? :)

Haha!

I've been an Apple/Mac user for almost 24 years (starting with an Apple IIe in the early 80s), but am an MTC newbie. I thought this group was a MUG already. Well the members seem to be as helpful and as quick to respond as MUGs I've encountered. (How big is the Mac group at MTC?)

Yeah, why not have a name change. But that would have consequent increases in expectations and responsibility for this group. If the guys are up for it, I am with you.

B :goatee:

Edited by bombardier
Haha!

I've been an Apple/Mac user for almost 24 years (starting with an Apple IIe in the early 80s), but am an MTC newbie. I thought this group was a MUG already. Well the members seem to be as helpful and as quick to respond as MUGs I've encountered. (How big is the Mac group at MTC?)

Yeah, why not have a name change. But that would have consequent increases in expectations and responsibility for this group. If the guys are up for it, I am with you.

B :goatee:

24 years!!! that's a long time...... B) First time ko humawak ng Mac nung early 90s. Yung LC II. :hypocritesmiley:

meron pa sila sir, 12months 0%

Hi bro, I'm interested in getting a mac too pero hindi ko kaya using a credit card. Are there any promos for macs na pwede ang bank loan/financing?

I've heard from most mac users that they are less prone to virus attacks, the OS is easier to use (sorry I'm no techie so I'm assuming this means it doesn't crash like Windows), i.e., no need to use ctrl+alt+del all the time. If true, then this alone is a reason for me to switch to mac! :D

Thanks in advance!

Hi bro, I'm interested in getting a mac too pero hindi ko kaya using a credit card. Are there any promos for macs na pwede ang bank loan/financing?

I've heard from most mac users that they are less prone to virus attacks, the OS is easier to use (sorry I'm no techie so I'm assuming this means it doesn't crash like Windows), i.e., no need to use ctrl+alt+del all the time. If true, then this alone is a reason for me to switch to mac! :D

Thanks in advance!

Sad 2 say, cash or card lang bro. :cry:

You can also scope out the several Mac forums in the web such as

Philmug.org baka may for sale na second hand. :blush:

Edited by Tom Babauta
patulong naman po. may imac ako from japan. so japanese ang language. panu ba palitan ang language to english. newbie palang ako sa apple eh. salamat in advance.

Go to system preferences (the apple logo on the top left)> go to international >

go to language > select english as your primary language.

Hope this helps. :)

Guest airmax
Maybe your mistaken...imacs from since way back come in 15" screens (minimum). Maybe your

talking about the macbook. :blush:

siguro im not familiar with a mac more on sa pc kasi ako :)

Edited by airmax

Since this thread's into Macs, I was wondering if you guys happen to know of any shop that installs universal and Intel-based Mac OS X Tiger-compatible applications like Parallels Desktop, MS-Office for Mac, iWork '06, Norton Anti-Virus 4.0 for Mac. Some of the apps that came pre-installed with the new Intel MacBook are mere trial editions. As much as I want to stay legit by getting a licensed copy, this is not feasible at the moment as the cost of acquiring the licensed installer is cost-prohibitive. Your feedbacks would certainly be of help.

Since this thread's into Macs, I was wondering if you guys happen to know of any shop that installs universal and Intel-based Mac OS X Tiger-compatible applications like Parallels Desktop, MS-Office for Mac, iWork '06, Norton Anti-Virus 4.0 for Mac. Some of the apps that came pre-installed with the new Intel MacBook are mere trial editions. As much as I want to stay legit by getting a licensed copy, this is not feasible at the moment as the cost of acquiring the licensed installer is cost-prohibitive. Your feedbacks would certainly be of help.

then i suggest you go for the freeware. for Office needs, they have Neo Office and Open Office. I agree that getting a licensed copy costs a leg and an arm.

:(