Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

wassup guys, sama na ko sa inyo. im planning to get the new 2Ghz 13" macbook (white) later in the month.

forgive this dumb question since bago lang ako sa philippine mac scene pero reliable ba ka-deal si longbeard? may first hand experience na ba anybody here? thinking of getting some parts through him kasi.

browse/lurk at philmug.ph, philmug.org and pinoymac.org

:cool:

its nice to discover na marami na palang converts rito!!!! ever since i bought my g4 i never looked back and im an addict now. galing ng mac!!!! i just got my 13.3inch 2gb macbook w/ intelcore duo a couple of days ago bought it 1299usd had it hand carried here bale 65k pesos lang. if you have relatives from the US na pauwi this season and you have the dough to buy mas mura sa states...lalo na malakas ang piso natin ngayon...hehehe

its nice to discover na marami na palang converts rito!!!! ever since i bought my g4 i never looked back and im an addict now. galing ng mac!!!! i just got my 13.3inch 2gb macbook w/ intelcore duo a couple of days ago bought it 1299usd had it hand carried here bale 65k pesos lang. if you have relatives from the US na pauwi this season and you have the dough to buy mas mura sa states...lalo na malakas ang piso natin ngayon...hehehe

Reply:

I might consider the option of buying stuff in the US thru a relative, if nahirapan ako umorder thru Longbeard. Medyo marami raw pending Christmas orders eh. That P65,000 price tag you mentioned, is that inclusive of the sales tax? And since you handcarried it on your flight back to the Philippines, did you pay any customs dues at NAIA? I got my eye on the MacBook but I might consider the iMac as an alternative. I think I'm gonna need the X1600's extra punch for photo editing and gaming.

wassup guys, sama na ko sa inyo. im planning to get the new 2Ghz 13" macbook (white) later in the month.

forgive this dumb question since bago lang ako sa philippine mac scene pero reliable ba ka-deal si longbeard? may first hand experience na ba anybody here? thinking of getting some parts through him kasi.

Ok si Longbeard... i was able to buy from him 2 pcs of 1GB Ram from OWC. Its ok.. he even had it delivered to my address at an additional charge.

Yeah, I agree. Ok umorder kay Longbeard. Ako nga, oorder sana ako ng MacBook thru him but kaso medyo busy pa raw sya ngayon with all those Christmas orders so I guess I'll have to wait for January. I guess blessing in disguise yung delay because yung Core 2 Duo version na makukuha ko. Yung Rev A MacBook sakit ng ulo dahil sa Random Shutdown na yan. I haven't heard of problems with the C2D version yet. But I'm still iffy about the SuperDrive's durability. Most of the vet Mac users suggested that I invest in an external Lacie DVD-Drive for back-up.

hey guys.

i've always loved macs and my company has had some hand me downs (macs) from my old business partners and others involved.

unfortunately im so busy that i dont have time to read books. dont even have time to fool around with my macs coz' im so busy.

my employees are so computer iliterate and i've been using pcs for the longgest time that im not confident in running my macs for my business yet.

sayang naman when i think of it. I also thought of getting Imacs (from HMR who was selling them for only 7k before) but like i said, they would only become white elephants. help. what should i do.. sayang macs ko eh :)

newbie needs help !!!!

please help me with my ignorance and indecision to acquire a macbook.

it also appears like the windows xenophobia has taken over our office IT guys.

i learned a lot lurking on this thread but am still hesitant on recommending switching to macbooks in the office because i was told that macbooks does not have log on and authentication in windows 2003 network environment. the IT guys in the office said they may have to set up a MAC OS X Leopard for it to work harmoniously in the network but the Leopard is yet to be announced. TRUE OR FALSE????

need your advice.

newbie needs help !!!!

please help me with my ignorance and indecision to acquire a macbook.

it also appears like the windows xenophobia has taken over our office IT guys.

i learned a lot lurking on this thread but am still hesitant on recommending switching to macbooks in the office because i was told that macbooks does not have log on and authentication in windows 2003 network environment. the IT guys in the office said they may have to set up a MAC OS X Leopard for it to work harmoniously in the network but the Leopard is yet to be announced. TRUE OR FALSE????

need your advice.

hehehe may mac lovers thread pala dito...i am a new switcher also, acquired my macbook last november at ynzal, got a friend to buy it for me since i am based in mindanao (no resellers in mindanao, the only reseller is in davao and they import it from singapore, medyo majal presyo nya). i got the student discount because of my friend (bukod sa stude sya sa ateneo e suki din siya sa ynzal)...what made me decide to get a macbook...primarily because they say its "almost" virus free, second..in a sea of pc's the mac would surely stand out!

third, before i bought my macbook, tumambay ako sa philmug thread for a while, just reading, i also tried to look at negative feedback about the new C2D macbook pero sa kwento at experience palang ng mga taga philmug... you will be convince that switching to a mac is best.

been hooked since the day i pressed my first key on a mac, can't last a day without it!

there are at least 2 downsides in owning a mac:

1. first month at least...you'll forget everything else except your mac...work, wife, kids,gf...etc

2. everytime you pass by a mac store mag lalaway ka at hindi hihinto gastos mo!

hehehe...kung mag switch ka, yung mga it sa office mo ang unang maglalaway sa mac mo hehehe...

hehehe may mac lovers thread pala dito...i am a new switcher also, acquired my macbook last november at ynzal, got a friend to buy it for me since i am based in mindanao (no resellers in mindanao, the only reseller is in davao and they import it from singapore, medyo majal presyo nya). i got the student discount because of my friend (bukod sa stude sya sa ateneo e suki din siya sa ynzal)...what made me decide to get a macbook...primarily because they say its "almost" virus free, second..in a sea of pc's the mac would surely stand out!

third, before i bought my macbook, tumambay ako sa philmug thread for a while, just reading, i also tried to look at negative feedback about the new C2D macbook pero sa kwento at experience palang ng mga taga philmug... you will be convince that switching to a mac is best.

been hooked since the day i pressed my first key on a mac, can't last a day without it!

there are at least 2 downsides in owning a mac:

1. first month at least...you'll forget everything else except your mac...work, wife, kids,gf...etc

2. everytime you pass by a mac store mag lalaway ka at hindi hihinto gastos mo!

hehehe...kung mag switch ka, yung mga it sa office mo ang unang maglalaway sa mac mo hehehe...

YES tipotipo!

I agree with your reasons for making the switch and anticipates the downside risks you indicated.

However, I think the IT guys in the office are not cool about having macbooks in the office because it is not the company's standard computer issue. They are also bringing up the issue in the network access and security.

Do you or the other guys have office network issues with their macbook?

I envy you tipotipo and those of you who have IT guys who does not have network access and security issues with the macbook. Help!

:blink:

YES tipotipo!

I agree with your reasons for making the switch and anticipates the downside risks you indicated.

However, I think the IT guys in the office are not cool about having macbooks in the office because it is not the company's standard computer issue. They are also bringing up the issue in the network access and security.

Do you or the other guys have office network issues with their macbook?

I envy you tipotipo and those of you who have IT guys who does not have network access and security issues with the macbook. Help!

:blink:

the good thing with our office is it runs on a linux so interconnection problem was resolved when some of the staff refused to switch from their windows os...

and i also work outside of the office i only go there at least once a month, most of the time i get connected with them thru internet. when my mac was new i asked our IT to configure my ethernet so i can hook in with the lan.

btw...there are at least 3 mac users in our office...i think more will be shifting in the next few months hehehe...naglalaway sila eh...

Edited by tipotipo

been using powerbook G4 for almost 2 years and before that a powerbook G3 for more than 2 years... had no problem with ethernet connection coz macs do auto configuration of ethernet and dial-up connections... kaya even if it people in your office refuses to help you hook up, no prob...

http://www.mybookstore.ph/images/banners/large_format.gif

http://www.mybookstore.ph/images/banners/vcall_logo.jpg

Hi guys!I just got my 13-inch white ghz macbook.I've been using windows since forever & there are still some mac functions that I can't understand.I mainly use a computer to access the internet play games & store pictures.I don't know anybody who owns a mac.I do have a lot of questions,simple questions like can I download the game "the sims" to my mac or can I get a cd game that is compatible to my mac?why wont itunes accept my nano?YM is different too .but photo booth is a lot of fun.Just hope to get to know my mac better. :D