Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

THE NEW 17-INCH MAC BOOK PRO FROM APPLE

Powered by a dual-core Intel engine. Up to five times the speed of the PowerBook G4. Eight times the graphics bandwidth. With built-in iSight for instant video conferencing on the move. Front Row with Apple Remote to dazzle everyone in the room

Performance squared

MacBook Pro is built upon the revolutionary Intel Core Duo — which packs the power of two processors (up to 2.16GHz) inside a single chip. It provides 2MB of Smart Cache, L2 cache that can be shared between both cores as needed. It delivers higher performance in 2D and 3D graphics, video editing, and music encoding. And the new engine is only part of the story. MacBook Pro has a frontside bus and memory that, at 667MHz, runs faster than any previous Mac notebook. It’s the first Mac notebook with PCI Express, a Serial ATA hard drive, and the ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 for superfast graphics performance.

Road show

MacBook Pro delivers the Front Row media experience, making it easy (and rather spectacular) to showcase your latest creations. Whether you’re at the client’s office, on location, or back at your hotel room, you just use the Apple Remote to control your videos, music, movies, and more. Front Row lets you quickly navigate through your work and play from anywhere in the room. You can even use the Apple Remote to navigate through Keynote presentations.

MacBook Pro At a Glance

15.4- or 17-inch widescreen display

Up to 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo

667MHz frontside bus and main memory

PCI Express architecture

Up to 120GB Serial ATA hard drive

ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 with up to 256MB memory on 16-lane PCI Express

ExpressCard/34 slot

Dual-link DVI, VGA adapter included

FireWire 400, FireWire 800 (17-inch only), and USB 2.0 ports

Optical digital and analog audio I/O, built-in microphone and stereo speakers

Slot-loading SuperDrive

Illuminated keyboard, Scrolling TrackPad

Built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g), Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, and Gigabit Ethernet

Mac OS X Tiger with iLife ’06 featuring iWeb, iWork ’06 trial, and more

MagSafe Power Adapter

• 2 weeks later...

a nice read from the mac.com site...

IT JUST WORKS!

Your toaster doesn’t crash. Your kitchen sink doesn’t crash. Why should your computer? Think of the countless hours you would save if your PC worked on your time — not the other way around. Then think about a Mac.

If you spend more of your precious time figuring out why your PC crashes than you spend taking out the garbage every week, you need a Mac. Still not convinced? Just ask the millions of people who use and love a Mac why it’s become such an integral part of their lives, and most will tell you the same thing: it just works. Letting them do what they want to do. When they want to do it. All the time.

That’s because a Mac offers absolutely flawless integration of hardware and software. Only with a Mac do you get a system built by the same people who make the OS, applications, and the computer itself.

Take a Mac out of its box and you experience that hand-and-glove fit from the get-go. Plug it in. Turn it on. And you’re ready for anything. With a Mac, you’ll find all of the essentials built right in. USB. FireWire. Ethernet. Every new Mac comes with built-in antennas for wireless networks, so getting on the Internet from anywhere is a mere matter of turning on your Mac. No reconfiguring your network settings. No plugging in some clunky wireless card.

The real secret behind the Mac’s crash-resistant performance lies deep within the operating system itself. Beneath the surface of Mac OS X lies an industrial-strength UNIX foundation hard at work to ensure that your computing experience remains free of system crashes and compromised performance. Time-tested security protocols in Mac OS X keep your Mac out of harm’s way. Most Fortune 500 companies, governments and universities rely on UNIX for their mission-critical applications. And now, so can you.

Of course, should you happen to experience the occasional hiccup with your Mac, you won’t get the runaround. Because Apple makes the whole enchilada, one phone call — or better yet, one visit to the friendly Genius Bar at your local Apple Store — can solve both hardware and software problems in one fell swoop. And when you add the AppleCare Protection Plan, you extend your support options to include three full years of free telephone help and comprehensive repair coverage. That ought to save you some time and sanity, too.

114,000 VIRUSES? NOT ON A MAC!

By the end of 2005, there were 114,000 known viruses for PCs. In March 2006 alone, there were 850 new threats detected against Windows. Zero for Mac. While no computer connected to the Internet will ever be 100% immune from attack, Mac OS X has helped the Mac keep its clean bill of health with a superior UNIX foundation and security features that go above and beyond the norm for PCs. When you get a Mac, only your enthusiasm is contagious.

Connecting a PC to the Internet using factory settings is like leaving your front door wide open with your valuables out on the coffee table. A Mac, on the other hand, shuts and locks the door, hides the key, and stores your valuables in a safe with a combination known only to you. You have to buy, configure, and maintain such basic protection on a PC.

On a Windows PC, software (both good and evil) can change the system without your even knowing about it. In order for software to significantly modify Mac OS X, you have to type in your password. You’re the decider. You approve changes to your system.

People attempting to break into computers may disguise a malicious program as a picture, movie, or other seemingly harmless file. You might download such files from the Web, or get them via mail or chat. A PC just blindly downloads them without a peep. A Mac, however, will let you know that you may be getting a wolf in sheep’s clothing. The Mac web browser, Safari, can tell the difference between a file and a program, and alerts you whenever you’re downloading the latter.

A Mac gets much of this out-of-the-box protection from its open source UNIX heritage. The most critical components of Mac OS X are open for review by a worldwide community of security experts. Their input helps Apple continually make Mac OS X ever more secure. And it’s simple to update a Mac with the latest advances. By default, a Mac checks for updates weekly. For pure peace of mind, you can set a Mac to download security updates automatically. Apple digitally signs the updates, so you can be sure they come from a trusted source.

To get a sense of just how big the virus problem is, search for “virus” at both Apple and Microsoft. Compare the number of results. What’s more, the 100 most virulent attacks cause 99.9% of damage from malicious software. None of these attacks work on a Mac. Don’t you deserve such protection?

I beg to differ...

what this is nothing but marketing speak. I've had 2 i-macs in the past and they've both crashed several times. It was so bad, had to have OS9 (on the candy i-mac) and OSX (flower vase i-mac) reinstalled because the OS wouldn't boot properly. I've had several built-in USB ports short out. The SuperDrive on the flower-vase i-mac produced nothing but coasters for a time. The LCD I got had 2 dead pixels, and Apple wouldn't replace it because it didn't have enough dead pixels to justify a replacement.

At the end of the day, if you use your Mac hard enough, something will eventually go wrong.

a nice read from the mac.com site...

IT JUST WORKS!

Your toaster doesn’t crash. Your kitchen sink doesn’t crash. Why should your computer? Think of the countless hours you would save if your PC worked on your time — not the other way around. Then think about a Mac.

If you spend more of your precious time figuring out why your PC crashes than you spend taking out the garbage every week, you need a Mac. Still not convinced? Just ask the millions of people who use and love a Mac why it’s become such an integral part of their lives, and most will tell you the same thing: it just works. Letting them do what they want to do. When they want to do it. All the time.

That’s because a Mac offers absolutely flawless integration of hardware and software. Only with a Mac do you get a system built by the same people who make the OS, applications, and the computer itself.

Take a Mac out of its box and you experience that hand-and-glove fit from the get-go. Plug it in. Turn it on. And you’re ready for anything. With a Mac, you’ll find all of the essentials built right in. USB. FireWire. Ethernet. Every new Mac comes with built-in antennas for wireless networks, so getting on the Internet from anywhere is a mere matter of turning on your Mac. No reconfiguring your network settings. No plugging in some clunky wireless card.

The real secret behind the Mac’s crash-resistant performance lies deep within the operating system itself. Beneath the surface of Mac OS X lies an industrial-strength UNIX foundation hard at work to ensure that your computing experience remains free of system crashes and compromised performance. Time-tested security protocols in Mac OS X keep your Mac out of harm’s way. Most Fortune 500 companies, governments and universities rely on UNIX for their mission-critical applications. And now, so can you.

Of course, should you happen to experience the occasional hiccup with your Mac, you won’t get the runaround. Because Apple makes the whole enchilada, one phone call — or better yet, one visit to the friendly Genius Bar at your local Apple Store — can solve both hardware and software problems in one fell swoop. And when you add the AppleCare Protection Plan, you extend your support options to include three full years of free telephone help and comprehensive repair coverage. That ought to save you some time and sanity, too.

Now there's Boot Camp where you could run XP on a Mac-intel. Do you think it would be possible for OSx to run on a PC?

Technically...no. There is a hacked version of OSX for the PC, its called OSX86. It also won't work on just any PC. Best to have a PC with the same specs as the imac or macbook. You can download it through torrent sites.

Mac has released a black version of the MAC BOOK!

What do you get when you put up to 2GHz of pure Intel Core Duo power, an iSight camera, Front Row, iLife ’06, and a 13-inch glossy widescreen display into a sleek case? More than you thought possible for less than you thought possible. Meet MacBook, starting at $1099.

I do use a G5 at the film/video editing suites at school. So, Apple/Mac is near and dear to me. It is just that I am a gamer and PC seem to be the only one that caters to my kind. PC lets me edit my films too using Adobe Premiere 2.0, but I would rather have Final Cut Pro. 5 which isn't available to PC... just yet!

Hello!!!

Musta na po mga fellow mac users...

Well ask ko lang po, I've been having trouble with my YM lately, lagi nag d-dc, do you experience the same thing?

Hi. I don't have trouble when I use my YM but I rarely use it anyway. Instead, I use a multi-format chat client called Adium X. I find it easy to use and very convenient. Plus, you can download free extras like changing your alert and dock icons. I currently have Spongebob Squarepants on my dock. When I'm offline, he doesn't have a face. When I'm online, he shows his smiling face. When I get a message, he starts dancing to get my attention. Little things like that make me happy. Haha :)

If I remember correctly, you can download the FREEWARE at www.adiumx.com :)

is this the software u use to burn cd's?

the mac software for this is TOAST TITANIUM

... as far as i know.

Yup, in_style is correct. You use TOAST :)