Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

Try Pinoy Mac you dont really need a mac to be a member and newbies/switcher are wellcome in our humble community.

Hi dreamreaper! Thanks for the suggestion although I registered with PinoyMAC the same time I did with PhilMUG. Most of the members populate both boards actually but since I am also a member of PodCentral, I am more inclined to post at PhilMUG, which is their sister site :)

Newbie here, compatible ba windows files sa mac?

It depends on what files you are talking about.

If it's Word, Powerpoint and Excel, they have Office for Mac. Video & audio files are pretty much the same (.avi, .mpg, etc) You can use either Quicktime or VLC for this.

Photo files (.jpg, .tiff, etc) are pretty much universal so no problem with that.

The only "issue" I can think of at the moment are the programs, of course due to different operating systems. For windows, installers come in .exe files while Mac uses .dmg.

Feel free to correct me if I made errors though :)

Fellow Mac Users,

Just in case you haven't come across it, You might want to try AdiumX Messenger (http://adiumx.com). It's a nifty Messenger App that enables you to simultaneously log in to ALL your messenger accounts (Yahoo, MSN, AIM, etc.). It's way better that the crumby Mac Version of Yahoo Messenger and faster than MSN.

another question.. if I install win xp on my mac... wouldnt it make my mac vulnerable to windows virus, malware, etc???

why? why? why install a win xp on mac? no offense, peace. :) are you using it inside a virtual pc? what is your purpose of putting xp on a mac? to use microsoft office? well, there's microsoft offie for mac running at a 64 bit (i do not know the exact term) against the microsoft office for xp which is only 16 bit (i do not know the exact term) which means the mac version is prettier & better.

and you can also use airport express/extreme as a wireless internet router at home or office if you have two or wifi-able macs & ordinary laptops, haven't tried but the instruction says go to the system preference and click sharing & modify ports/ internet sharing.

For the simple reason that the number of games for OSX is appalling (compared to the number of games for Windows).

For the simple reason that no Adobe products run natively on Intel Core duo. It will be at around 6-12 months before Adobe release their next update, and in the meantime, it makes more sense to run Adobe on WinXP than through Rosetta.

And there are many programs that do not run natively on OSX...mainly AutoCAD (as I just found out). Running them through a virtual environment is just too slow.

I say huzzah for Apple for officially supporting a dual boot feature! Now you can get a mac and get the best of both OSes!

why? why? why install a win xp on mac? no offense, peace. :)  are you using it inside a virtual pc? what is your purpose of putting xp on a mac? to use microsoft office? well, there's microsoft offie for mac running at a 64 bit (i do not know the exact term) against the microsoft office for xp which is only 16 bit (i do not know the exact term) which means the mac version is prettier & better.

hi peeps!!  i know, i know, i started the thread, pero di ako maka-post kase wala pa ako mac... still saving up... anyways, i do read it, thanks for the input, been learning a lot from MTC mac users...

u guys members of philMUG?

I am. Both philmug.ph and philmug.com. pati na nga ren pinoymac.org eh :lol:

How to clean an ibook? yong pearl color kasi nagiging brownish na e..hehehehe

Sa may wrist area ba yan? You can try buying Mr. Clean's magic eraser. It's a white sponge that works like a charm, or so I've heard. I've heard many people who swear by how effective it is, just have to get myself a piece since laging sold out sa True Value. :)

I'm an Apple Certified Portable Technician, Desktop Technician, & Technical Coordinator. I own a Macbook Pro w/ 2GHz Core Duo. I run WinXP on it though w/ Apple's Bootcamp software. I guess I'm a Mac person on the outside due to my field of work, but I'm a PC person at heart. :)

Question,  yung Mac keyboard ko naghahang after some time of being idle, What I do is I remove the usb cable then kabit ko ulit para madetect ulit yung keyboard... medyo nakakabadtrip, ganito ba talaga to??? may solusyon ba para wag maghang?  help!

I had that problem before...turned out the USB port was defective. I can't remember though if the tech pinpointed the problem to the USB port on the mac or on the keyboard.