Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

anybody here who's got a macmini? being a poor poor me, i cant afford a G5 for personal use so im considering getting a macmini. is it worth it? i dont know anyone who owns one and i've only read few reviews on it.

It would really depend on what you will use the mac mini for. If you’re using it for home/personal use and not for hardcore graphics and movie editing it is worth every penny. if you don’t have an existing Monitor, keyboard and mouse available it would be another expense to consider. Keep an open mind on getting a second hand G4 iBook.

anybody here who's got a macmini? being a poor poor me, i cant afford a G5 for personal use so im considering getting a macmini. is it worth it? i dont know anyone who owns one and i've only read few reviews on it.

Not worth it. The G4 is a chip that is waaaaay past its time. For an I-book, a G4 is acceptable, but for a desktop unit, your basically buying obsolete technology. Unless you plan to upgrade within 18 months, you're better off saving your money for a G5 i-mac. Yes, it looks pretty, but after a few months, you'll probably need more computing power than what the mac-mini can offer (example: Apple's new photo program Aperture has a minimum clockspeed requirement of 1.25 Ghz, which the mac-mini just makes. You can expect future programs to be just as resource intensive).

thanks for the comments.

keyboard, mouse, etc...that's really my concern because i'd have to buy everything. as in starting from scratch. i just wanted to have one at home to be more familiar with it.

we basically use the mac's here for testing/deployment (and some extra activities which im sure is not making the IT dept not very happy) since all our tools will only run on windows.

brand new po.  thanks.

POWERBOOK G4 : Three for the road: The new PowerBooks.

Whether you prefer the ultra-compact 12-inch model, the coveted 15-inch powerhouse or the high-resolution 17-inch stunner, every new PowerBook G4 features faster PowerPC G4 processors with speeds topping the charts at 1.67GHz. Want power to burn? The new PowerBook models offer 8x SuperDrives. And each PowerBook comes standard with 512MB of memory and a 5400-rpm hard disk drive.

Power Books

Price from a local reseller

PBG4 12" G4/1.5GHz 512MB/60GB/Combo/APX/BT M9690.....P102,980

PBG4 12" G4/1.5GHz 512MB/80GB/SD/APX/BT M9691.....P112,980

PBG4 15" G4/1.5GHz 512MB/80GB/Combo/APX/BT M9676.....P127,980

PBG4 15" G4/1.67GHz 512MB/80GB/SD/APX/BT M9677.....P148,980

PBG4 17" G4/1.67GHz 512MB/100GB/SD/APX/BT M9689.....P172,980

Price from a friend

17" Powerbook 1.67GHz Superdrive NEW screen P144,000

15" Powerbook 1.67GHz Superdrive NEW screen P120,000

12" Powerbook 1.5GHz Superdrive NEW screen P99,000

thanks for the comments.

keyboard, mouse, etc...that's really my concern because i'd have to buy everything. as in starting from scratch. i just wanted to have one at home to be more familiar with it.

we basically use the mac's here for testing/deployment (and some extra activities which im sure is not making the IT dept not very happy) since all our tools will only run on windows.

get the iBook 12"

• 2 weeks later...
brand new po.  thanks.

Latest model Powerbook 12inch 1.5Ghz, 512MB, 80GB SuperDrive DVDRW: 99K Brand New and Sealed with lots of freebies like Office [legit], productivity software, Coolers, Accessories I usually give to friendly buyers :)

Standard 1year AppleCare Warranty, extendible up to 3years. Warranty can be claimed at any Apple Center Worldwide.

:)

Latest model Powerbook 12inch 1.5Ghz, 512MB, 80GB SuperDrive DVDRW:  99K Brand New and Sealed with lots of freebies like Office [legit], productivity software, Coolers, Accessories I usually give to friendly buyers :)

Standard 1year AppleCare Warranty, extendible up to 3years. Warranty can be claimed at any Apple Center Worldwide.

:)

hey... thanks for replying to my query.

by any chance, how much is the 15 inch powerbook?

m kinda gearing towards that now.

hehehe...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

acccording to rumors on the the mac forums, the next powerbook will be an Intel dual core Pentium M. Since the last updated powerbook is virtually the same as the last (only difference being the LCD and RAM), I would tend to agree that Apple has pretty much squeezed all it can from the mobile G4 platform. Intel expects to ship the dual-core Pentium M in Feb, so expect Apple to release their new powerbook in March at the earliest, but probably no later than July.

then again, these are only rumors. the one thing that many see as the deciding factor may be that OSX on Intel won't be as compatible or stable as OSX on the G4 or G5. It'll probably take a few months of patches and fixes before it'll be wise to upgrade.

gusto kong bumili ng  Apple iMac G5 20inch screen, 2.1Ghz. Mga magkano ito, how much ang discount pag cash payment.

\

Imac 17" G5/1.8GHz 512/160G/Combo M9843.....P86,980

Imac 17" G5/2.0GHz 512/160G/SuperDrive M9844.....P99,980

Imac 20" G5/2.0GHz 512/250G/SuperDrive M9845 .....P119,980

Clearance Sale (Limited Stock):

iMac G5/1.6GHz 17"/512/800G/Combo M9248.....P64,500? (New Low!)

iMac G5/1.8GHz 20"/512/160G/SuperDrive M9250.....P86,500? (New Low!)

?with 3 yrs warranty!

• 3 weeks later...
MacWorld Update

http://static.flickr.com/41/85038241_cb4de308b9.jpg

MacIntel PowerBooks and iMac with Dual Intel Processors. Built-in iSight with twice as better resolution. iLife '06 and iWork '06 also out.

So whip out that credit card and swipe!

Nice out na rin sa wakas!!!

pero wait pa rin ako for a while bago ako bumili,

check ko muna mga feedback ng first users. hehehe

Nice out na rin sa wakas!!!

pero wait pa rin ako for a while bago ako bumili,

check ko muna mga feedback ng first users. hehehe

Most users will probably wait until all the major apps for the mac can run natively on Intel, rather than using Rosetta. I know I will.

If we follow Intel's road map for their mobile processors, their next development for the dual-core mobile chip is to make it 64-bit. So, don't be surprised if we see another mac book pro by december or early next year along with the next big update to OSX.