Digital Cameras

Actually, I am putting something together. Those four thirds system lenses seem to be just as good but yes, the imaging chip is also a factor. Two friends and I are getting together to do comparative shoots on a Canon, Nikon, Lumix, and the Leica D3. I'll be posting our output here.

Does anyone know if someone uses a Sigma SD14 in Manila? Those Foveon imaging processors are supposed to be the best digital imagers because they have three separate imaging surfaces for red green and blue instead of the matrixed and extrapolated pixels of the single surface Jap cameras (including the D3 which is after all, a very slightly altered Panasonic).

But don't get me wrong. I still like the caché of using a camera with a red dot. Between us 'girls' I can act like a new age Henri Cartier Bresson. Of course, I'm not fooling anyone but myself, but hey we're all entitled to our own little idiosyncrasies.

Please do post the comparative shots here or sa shutterbugs thread. Do you plan on getting Fuji Sample shots too... The Fuji S5 has the new Supper CCD SR II which they say has marked improvement in tonal range and even outshines the Nikon D200. I would have volunteered my S2 pero but it's the earlier generation Supper CCD Sensor and I'm not local to Manila currently. I'm looking into getting my 2nd DSLR and my dilema is choosing between the S5 and the D200... I already have quite a number of F-mount Nikkors so I realy don't have much choice than these 2 bodies.

Di ko sure ang D40X, pero ang D40 P29,000.

May kasama ng extra Sigma lens yun at 2 gb memory card.. Sa Mayer ka bumili, para makatipid ng husto.

Pareng Gideon, I heard you're getting ready to plunge into the DSLR world! Well, best of luck bro and do post pics (PnS or DSLR ) for all to enjoy as well sa Shutterbugsthread as well. Looking forward to seeing your photos bro! Cheers!

Edited by fire_breather

Thanks again to all your suggestions guys. This thread is definitely a lot of help. :thumbsupsmiley:

Looks like we're mostly set on the Canon Ixus models, but even the Ixus line has a lot of choices. Im hoping to find time to head over to Hidalgo soon. Any particular shop that I should visit first?

Thanks again to all your suggestions guys. This thread is definitely a lot of help. :thumbsupsmiley:

Looks like we're mostly set on the Canon Ixus models, but even the Ixus line has a lot of choices. Im hoping to find time to head over to Hidalgo soon. Any particular shop that I should visit first?

Mayer, pinakamura sa 3 top stores, namely Henrys and Watsons.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you seen the Warning from Canon Marketing Phils. printed on Philippine Star today, regarding the unauthorized importation, sale, distribution and/or disposition of Canon Products.

Looks like Canon Phils are hurt by the low prices that Hidalgo shops are selling canon cameras.

Have you seen the Warning from Canon Marketing Phils. printed on Philippine Star today, regarding the unauthorized importation, sale, distribution and/or disposition of Canon Products.

Looks like Canon Phils are hurt by the low prices that Hidalgo shops are selling canon cameras.

Yup, mukhang affected sila. Kahit na may official warranty sila at free memory cards...people still go to Hidalgo.

Ang laki naman kasi ng price difference eh. :blush:

Edited by Tom Babauta
Salamat po sa mga sumagot. Ang mura pala talaga sa Quiapo. Kaso di ko sigurado kung pano pumunta dun. Kung sakay po ako LRT, malayo pa ba dun.

Medyo, baba ka sa Isetan station.

Pwede mo ng lakarin yun.

The easiest way to go to Hidalgo would be taking the LRT and go down the Carriedo station... yung street sa labas ng SM Carriedo is already Hidalgo St. :thumbsupsmiley:

I had a Casio Elixim 8.1 Megapexil. Ok na man. Slim (PocketSize) at durable. Had a lot of features. Anti shake is important to me.

May IS (Image Stabilization) na ang new model sng IXUS.

Compare mo ang mga reviews ng Casio Exilim sa Canon IXUS. Mas maganda pa rin ang Canon.

Yup, mukhang affected sila. Kahit na may official warranty sila at free memory cards...people still go to Hidalgo.

Ang laki naman kasi ng price difference eh. :blush:

Hehehehe!!!

Ang laki naman kasi ng Mark-up ng Stores sa Malls eh!

Tsaka ang mura na din ng memory cards sa Hidalgo, at may warranty pa kaya no-match ang mga nasa Malls.

Pwera na lang kung maarte yung tao at ayaw pumunta sa Hidalgo. Eh, kahit saan naman may magnanakaw!

san po yung hidalgo? 0_0

Tapat ng Simbahan ng Quiapo.

dude..

san ba makabili ng lens mg Canon A640?

magkanu kaya ?..tnx

Lens ng Canon A640? Di ba Poweshot series yan, kaya Fix ang lens nyan!?!

meron po ba ditong nakakaalam kung magkano ang mga sumusunod sa Hidalgo:

Nikon D40x

Nikon D70

Canon EOS 400D

pupunta po kasi ako sa SG, tingnan ko yung price dun, kung saan mas mura, dun ako bibili.

maraming salamat!

400D kit - 35K - Mayer

D40x, not sure but ang D40 P29K na may kasama ng Sigma lens.

D70, not sure din