Digital Cameras

guys, any feedback on canon a570is? read good reviews about it and i plan to buy one from the states. a relative is coming home for christmas, makikibili lang. it's $170 there. actually, i'm also considering nikon l14 or l15 but there are no reviews yet since they were out in the market just recently. thanks in advance.

Hmmmm.... $170 is P7,310 here in the Philippines

Have you tried inquiring at HIDALGO???

Ok, but tanunging mo lang kung covered sa ASIA ang Warranty pag binii sa U.S. Otherwise dito ka na lang bumili sa Hidago.

try mo ito pero medyo matagal na:

A1: 7335478

Avenue: 7335474

Henrys: 7346198

Mayers: 7337722

Watson: 7337697

ang laki ng price difference between mall price at sa hidalgo at sometimes may mga freebies pa.

Yup, but recommend ko punta na lang mismo dun para talagang makita ang bibilhin at makapagusap ng maayos.

a friend of mine told me that for non professional photographers (like me), 4 MP is the best - that anything beyond 4MP is overdoing it - is this true?

For the most part, yes. Larger megapixels dictate only how large a print you can get. Unless you shoot for the primary reason of making large prints, you really don't need a high MP camera. Then again, even the cheapest of cameras are at least 5 megapixels these days so it's not really an issue anymore.

I've been shooting with a, believe it or not, 2.7 megapixel camera for over 4 years now. A Nikon D1H. Which coincidentally, i'm currently selling. (Shameless eBay plug follows below)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=220157539677

Edited by fry
a friend of mine told me that for non professional photographers (like me), 4 MP is the best - that anything beyond 4MP is overdoing it - is this true?

Yup, like the previous post, you ONLY need Bigger megapixel settings if you are planning to print Bond paper size or even poster size prints.

My Canon A710 IS has upto 7 megapixels, but I only chose the 1 megapixel and SuperFine quality setting. Wallpaper size na kasi.

mga sir's..

ano pong best na SLR camera marerecommend nyo na bilin? :lol:

thanks

The quickest answer would be "Whatever you could afford". Different models across different brands in any given price point perform similarly more or less that it almost doesn't matter which brand you choose.

So just buy whatever camera fits your budget. Choosing one DSLR body over another hardly makes a difference on the outcome of your images. Lenses however are a different topic altogether.

looking for a nice digital SLR that can cope with low light and action shots. Would like to use it to shoot indoor sporting events wherein the spectators do not appreciate that i use a flash... any particular D SLR for this specialty?

Thanks in advance.

Almost all of the new DSLRs these days perform well in low lighting conditions, and give relatively low noise when higher ISOs are used. What you really need, above all, is a fast lens. Both Nikon and Canon offer 50mm f/1.8 lenses at an affordable price ($100). Nikon also has a 180mm f/2.8 for around $300.

looking for a nice digital SLR that can cope with low light and action shots. Would like to use it to shoot indoor sporting events wherein the spectators do not appreciate that i use a flash... any particular D SLR for this specialty?

Thanks in advance.

Oooh....if you asked this question about 3 months ago, many would recommend a Canon 5D--it's not that fast when it comes to sports, but it's truly excellent at low light photography.

With the new cameras introduced lately and in the upcoming weeks, it's hard to really say for sure. The Canon 5D is expected to be replaced with a newer model by late January. Nikon has two excellent cameras that supposedly excel in both sports and low light (the upcoming D3 and D300).

But if you've got a more down-to-earth budget, your choice would be limited to either the Nikon D80 or Canon 40D. In that case, go for the Canon since it has less noise at higher ISOs than the D80. It's also very new, so obsolescence is still 18 months away!

Just got my d40x and 18-200mm VR from INFOMAX in megamall. I did not even touch the items until I got home. Did some test shots this morning and saw some blotches on the pics. called the owner who happens to be a an MTC member and said they will replace whatever is not working properly.

Masarap talaga maging MTC member, dami mo makikilala. :-)

How much???

Anong mga extra accessorries na kasama???

medyo OT...

Since I've increased the size of my gear... I think I need a bigger bag... I was thinking of buying a Tamrac Adventure 7 or 9 (since I sometimes bring my laptop)... would any of you how much it retails in Hidalgo shops?

what I currently have:

Nikon D80 + Grip

18-135mm

12-24mm

50mm

SB800

Stroboframe

SC-29

and some other stuff like cables and chargers... and my Sunpak flash diffuser...