Digital Cameras

Ok thanks for the info I live outside Metro Manila so I was kinda hoping that I would be able to bring it somewhere nearer but as long as the Hidalgo stores honor their store warranty then thats not a problem. The savings far outweigh the distance factor. :thumbsupsmiley:

just be careful bro. hidalgo offers no warranty on snatched or stolen items from you.hehe

hajime:

Shops at hidalgo offer warranties but it depends on what you're buying. If you're getting a gray unit, then usually, you'll just get a shop warranty. The advantage of gray units is that they are usually priced cheaper. If the unit is not gray, then it is more expensive but it comes with distributor warranty.

The older Leica lenses really do stand out when compared to all the other lenses on the market...there's just something about the colors and sharpness that are different from other manufacturer's lenses. At first I thought it was just the film stock that made the difference, but even on the same kind of slide film, the Leica's images stand out.

Which brings me to the question...can the same be said of their digital cameras? I've yet to see any images produced by a Leica digital camera, so maybe you could give us a personal review or a sample?

Actually, I am putting something together. Those four thirds system lenses seem to be just as good but yes, the imaging chip is also a factor. Two friends and I are getting together to do comparative shoots on a Canon, Nikon, Lumix, and the Leica D3. I'll be posting our output here.

Does anyone know if someone uses a Sigma SD14 in Manila? Those Foveon imaging processors are supposed to be the best digital imagers because they have three separate imaging surfaces for red green and blue instead of the matrixed and extrapolated pixels of the single surface Jap cameras (including the D3 which is after all, a very slightly altered Panasonic).

But don't get me wrong. I still like the caché of using a camera with a red dot. Between us 'girls' I can act like a new age Henri Cartier Bresson. Of course, I'm not fooling anyone but myself, but hey we're all entitled to our own little idiosyncrasies.

Thanks for all the info guys, I really appreciate it.

Question though...how do you know if its a grey unit? Do they come out and say it? :unsure:

9 out of 10 they won't say it's from the gray market. , but when you asked them for warranty and they tell you to just bring the unit to their shop if there's a problem, chances are it is gray.

you might want to check out the box as well. if the unit is from the authorized distributor, there should be a marking/sticker/tape of the local distributor on the package. but not all distributors do this practice...

hope this helps

I was about to say that. Kadafy just beat me to it. But Kadafy is right, you can check the box if it has the sticker. Like for example, if you're going to buy a nikon camera, you should find a nice CDSC sticker on the box. That would tell you that it's not gray.

But it wouldn't also hurt to ask. Some are actually honest about it. ;)

She wants a slim camera for sure, something she can tuck in her bag so lithium batteries are more likely. Automatic lang siguro since she doesnt like to fiddle with the settings and just shoot pictures. Ako naman basta good optical zoom and decent megapixels ok na. We both want something that can shoot good videos.

Any suggestions for alternatives? Thanks again. :)

Canon IXUS models.

just be careful bro. hidalgo offers no warranty on snatched or stolen items from you.hehe

Mayroon bang stores na nag offer ng warranty pag nanakaw ang digicam???

dude, kapitan_kidlat2001 might have said that in jest. don't know of any shop in the world who does that. but if you are really intent of having , uhm sort of "protection, my suggestion: have your camera insured.

My friend bought it for P15,000, that was April 2007 pa.

Bumili ka ng Canon EOS 400D??? How much na yan sa Hidalgo, bibili din kasi ako ng ganito this coming months???

Sa Canon ko binili eh, 45k, 12 months to pay 0% interest may kasamang selphy printer at 512k memory.

gusto mo bilhin mo na hehehehe

Sa Canon ko binili eh, 45k, 12 months to pay 0% interest may kasamang selphy printer at 512k memory.

gusto mo bilhin mo na hehehehe

Ngek! Sa stores mo binili???

P35K na lang kasi sa Hidalgo yan, may free pang Sigma lens.

Hehehe!!!

Hihintayin kong mag P30K ang Canon 400D at bili na ako.

The thing with the 0% installment plan sa malls is that the interest is already included in the base price kaya mahal siya. I suggest that if you're buying a cam, just get one from hidalgo.

If you don't have cash, just use your credit card (hidalgo shops accept cc payments) then call the credit card company a day or two after, and tell them you want your recent purchase converted into 12mos deferred payment. Although may interest siya, mas mababa pa din ang total niya compared to buying sa malls.

pede pla un?! kainis!!!!! napabili pako sa western ng panasonic cam! waaaah <_<

The thing with the 0% installment plan sa malls is that the interest is already included in the base price kaya mahal siya. I suggest that if you're buying a cam, just get one from hidalgo.

If you don't have cash, just use your credit card (hidalgo shops accept cc payments) then call the credit card company a day or two after, and tell them you want your recent purchase converted into 12mos deferred payment. Although may interest siya, mas mababa pa din ang total niya compared to buying sa malls.

Ngek! Sa stores mo binili???

P35K na lang kasi sa Hidalgo yan, may free pang Sigma lens.

Hehehe!!!

Hihintayin kong mag P30K ang Canon 400D at bili na ako.

Mura na ah!

Gagamitin ko na kasi nung gabi ding yun eh, hay buhay <_<

Anyway may printer at memory card na din saka gusto ko sure yung warranty. Alam mo naman mga camera ko, sobrang makasalanan kaya bigla na lang nasisira.

Ano naman ang pinakamagandang point and shoot camera? Bibili din ako para makapasok sa mga lugar na bawal ang camera :rolleyes:

Edited by jerzz
Mura na ah!

Gagamitin ko na kasi nung gabi ding yun eh, hay buhay <_<

Anyway may printer at memory card na din saka gusto ko sure yung warranty. Alam mo naman mga camera ko, sobrang makasalanan kaya bigla na lang nasisira.

Ano naman ang pinakamagandang point and shoot camera? Bibili din ako para makapasok sa mga lugar na bawal ang camera :rolleyes:

Ngek! That night din gagamitin???

Grabeng kapaan siguro nangyari sa iyo! hehehee!!!

Canon na rin ang bilhin mong P n S. Yung latest ngayon A550 yata, basya yung may IS (Image Stabilizer) na.

Ngek! That night din gagamitin???

Grabeng kapaan siguro nangyari sa iyo! hehehee!!!

Canon na rin ang bilhin mong P n S. Yung latest ngayon A550 yata, basya yung may IS (Image Stabilizer) na.

Set muna sa auto lahat hehehehe

magkano naman yang PnS?