Digital Cameras

I believe Sony has way better camera's than Canon.

Canon uses its own lens.

Sony uses the patented Carl Zeiss optics.

Build quality wise Sony cams are also superb. :thumbsupsmiley:

Dude, Canon is one the Pioneers of Cameras.

Canons lens are SUPERB!

A real photographer would take Canon Lens over Sony's imported Carl Zeiss.

I believe Sony has way better camera's than Canon.

Canon uses its own lens.

Sony uses the patented Carl Zeiss optics.

Build quality wise Sony cams are also superb. :thumbsupsmiley:

That's a rather brash over-generalization...

While Carl Zeiss is a very recognized brand for optics, not all CZ lenses are good. Like most brands, they have their share of cheapo and high-quality products. Same goes for other lens makers like Canon and Nikon. Most of the CZ lenses you see on the Sony Point & Shoot cameras have nothing extraordinary about them. As for camera technology, bear in mind that the only reason Sony was able to launch their own DSLR last year was because they bought Konica-Minolta's DSLR technology.

As for build quality....

About 2 years ago, there was a general backlash against many camera manufacturers when the older digicams manufactured between 2002 and 2004 began malfunctioning due to a design and production flaw in the wiring of their CCDs. Some of the brands affected were Canon, Nikon, Sony, KM, etc. All the manufacturers had no choice but to repair, or in some cases, replace the faulty cameras because of the design/manufacturing flaw. I'm sure some of you know a few people who suffered this problem. My friend had to have his 1-year old Canon A70 serviced because of this...it took Canon over 2 months to repair it because the backlog was so long.

Here's the funny thing...it wasn't Canon's fault the camera's CCD suddenly went kaput. ALL the faulty CCDs in the cameras that failed were all made by one manufacturer...SONY.

for more info: http://www.imaging-resource.com/badccds.html

yep.. my first canon camera (A70) had malfunctioned due to CCD problem... Ang problema lang naunang masira ang CCD ko bago ang recall kaya ayun nagbayad ako....

Regarding sony diba after the CCD problem, battery naman for laptop... ehehehehe

yep.. my first canon camera (A70) had malfunctioned due to CCD problem... Ang problema lang naunang masira ang CCD ko bago ang recall kaya ayun nagbayad ako....

Regarding sony diba after the CCD problem, battery naman for laptop... ehehehehe

damn i thought mine (a70) was isolated case...same problem,ccd

hi. just wanted to know if anyone knows kung san mas okay bumili ng camera: kung sa duty free ba ng doha international airport or sa dubai international airport? may friend kasi ako na nakabili ng camera sa dubai duty free at sabi nya napakamura daw talaga dun. baka may experiences kayo (or someone you know) sa duty free ng doha.

thanks!

Guest airmax

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/88/27/80/52/0088278052528_500X500.jpg

I got this camera for only $20 bnew and sealed. Nag clearance sale kasi ang walmart hindi na benta sa last sale nila kaya binenta nila ng super baba para lang mabenta. btw ano bang feedback sa hp camera?

Edited by airmax
Guest airmax
Hi guys, ok kaya eto???

sa CD-R king 3190 lang...

• 5.1 Megal Pixels Digital Camera & 6.0 Mega Pixels Max.

• 2" LCD Display & 32MB Internal Memory for buffer only.

• 4 in 1 function (Digital Camera/ PC Cam / AVI / Mass Storage)

• Auto/Manual exposure & Auto/Manual White Balance

• Self-Timer & Red-Eye Reduction Available

• Removable Storage: SD/MMC card slot (SD card not included)

• Flash Unit: Yes

• Power Source: 2pcs AA Alkaline Batteries (Not included)

• System Compatibility: Win98SE/ME/2000/XP

• System Requirements: Pentium 200MHz, 32MB RAM, 125MB Free Disk Space, USB Port, CD-ROM Device

• Software: Photags Express

• Accessory: USB Cable, Pouch, CD-ROM, Strap, Manual, Giftbox.

ang tanong dyan ung reliability kung tatagal yan.

I just bought a Canon 400d ( Rebel XTi) for HKD 5,000 at the Wanchai Computer Center (price is HK6,000+ at the Fortress). i may need to get another one for a friend, any better deal that I can find. The price comes with a standard lens.

Thanks

I just bought a Canon 400d ( Rebel XTi) for HKD 5,000 at the Wanchai Computer Center (price is HK6,000+ at the Fortress). i may need to get another one for a friend, any better deal that I can find. The price comes with a standard lens.

Thanks

How does one get to the Wanchai Computer Center?

Take the MTR and get off the Wanchai exit ( this is between Admiralty and Cuaseway Bay). I believe the exit is A4, but you could look for it. The exits have indications on what are the places near the exits. Wanchai Computer Center is the first building to the left of the exit. It has an escalator going to the second floor. The stores are in the second and third floor. You need to move around and get the best deal. I got mine at ENRICH DIGITAL STATION.

My experience is that this a good place to shop for cameras and pc stuff. But I needed to check if there is a cheaper place in manila so that it is more convenient than timing it with a trip to HK.

I also believe HK is cheaper place to shop than Singapore