Digital Cameras

medyo OT...

Since I've increased the size of my gear... I think I need a bigger bag... I was thinking of buying a Tamrac Adventure 7 or 9 (since I sometimes bring my laptop)... would any of you how much it retails in Hidalgo shops?

what I currently have:

Nikon D80 + Grip

18-135mm

12-24mm

50mm

SB800

Stroboframe

SC-29

and some other stuff like cables and chargers... and my Sunpak flash diffuser...

Not much knowledgeable on the price of Tamrac Bags, but I assure you that they are cheaper in Hidalgo. Try mo Watsons, marami akong nakitang Tamrac bags dun, compared to Mayer and Henrys.

dude heto sa abot ng aking nabasa:

Digicams, some commonly referred to as 'point-and-shoot' cameras because of their ease of use, can usually be operated at arm's length using only the LCD display screen at the rear of the camera. Some models also have simple optical viewfinders like traditional compact 35mm film cameras. Like the SLR-like bridge cameras, digicams lack the ability to accept interchangeable lenses, with the exception of certain digital rangefinder cameras such as the Leica M8 and the Epson RD-1, which use the Leica M-mount lens system.

A camera based on the single-lens reflex (SLR) principle uses a mirror to show the image that will be captured in a viewfinder. The cross-section (side-view) of the optical components of an SLR shows how the light passes through the lens assembly (1), is reflected into the pentaprism by the reflex mirror (which must be at an exact 45 degree angle) (2) and is projected on the matte focusing screen (5). Via a condensing lens (6) and internal reflections in the roof pentaprism (7) the image is projected, either focused or unfocused through the eyepiece (8) to the photographer's eye. Focusing is usually automatic, activated by pressing half-way on the shutter release or a dedicated AF button, as is mainly the case with an autofocusing film SLR; or manual, where the photographer manually focuses the lens by turning a lens ring on the lens barrel. When an image is photographed, the mirror moves upwards in the direction of the arrow, the focal-plane shutter (3) opens, and the image is projected and captured on the sensor (4), after which actions, the shutter closes, the mirror returns to a critical 45 degree angle, and the diaphragm reopens and the built in drive mechanism retensions the shutter for the next exposure. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a0/SLR_cross_section.svg/360px-SLR_cross_section.svg.png

SLR - Film based ; DSLR - Digital media

for better understanding, read articles at the source below :cool:

source: wikipedia, Howstuffworks

Edited by i-rivere
Sumakit ulo ko dun ah... :lol:

So, pag point & shoot, what you capture is what you get..

Sa DSLR, may ipipihit kpa sa camera para makuha yung gusto mong style ng lighting...

Yun ba yun?.. :)

hehehe pasensya na.. medyo kinuha ko lng yun sa explanations sa website..

well for my understanding yung point & shoot is very basic ang controls (kaya nga point and shoot eh :wacko: )

sa DSLR eh "interchangeable" yung lente minsan mas mahal pa yung lente sa body ng camera, depende sa zoom at features.

and mapapansin mo yung "depth of field" mas buhay yung picture 'ika nga...

..aside from the numerous controls na available like shutter speed, aperture, iso, etc.

o gaya ng sabi ni aspirecaptured.. check mo sa store para malaman mo ang difference..

Not much knowledgeable on the price of Tamrac Bags, but I assure you that they are cheaper in Hidalgo. Try mo Watsons, marami akong nakitang Tamrac bags dun, compared to Mayer and Henrys.

You can also try JT Photoworld for tamrac bags. They're located along chino roces /pasong tamo, lampas ng konti sa Inquirer (blue building). Official distributor ata sila, so they have really good prices. They also have a branch in manila, can't remember where exactly. Their number: 523-4393 / 536-6590 / 5366591 / 899-5018

Sa DSLR, may ipipihit kpa sa camera para makuha yung gusto mong style ng lighting...

P n S - fixed lens, jpeg

SLR - interchangeable lens, able to capture RAW formats.

Eto yung pinaka-obvious na mararamdaman mo sa 2 ito!

Marami pong salamat sa reply.. puntahan ko na lang po...

Mga Sirs, which do you prefer? DX40 or EOS400d? in terms of overall performance? marami pong salamat!

I think the 400d has the better edge over the D40x. The Canon can use any lens made for the EOS cameras. The D40x can only use the more recent Nikon lenses made specifically for digital cameras. The Canon also has more focus points than the Nikon. The Nikon has slightly better exposure metering, especially when it comes to using flash guns.

BUT, when you're buying an SLR, you're not just buying a camera...you're potentially buying into a whole family of cameras and lenses. I would suggest you look at the whole lens line-up of both Nikon and Canon and see which better suits you.

If you can, try to borrow a 400D or D40x from a few friends and see which feels better to use.

Marami pong salamat sa reply.. puntahan ko na lang po...

Mga Sirs, which do you prefer? DX40 or EOS400d? in terms of overall performance? marami pong salamat!

For me I prefer 400D over the 40D, kahit ba 40Dx pa yun.

Lamang sa akin ang Cleaning sensor ng Canon, dahil in the long-run mas mapapakinabangan mo ito.

But, ofcourse mas MURA ang Nikon at may kasama ng ZOOM lense pagbinili mo sa Hidalgo.

You can also try JT Photoworld for tamrac bags. They're located along chino roces /pasong tamo, lampas ng konti sa Inquirer (blue building). Official distributor ata sila, so they have really good prices. They also have a branch in manila, can't remember where exactly. Their number: 523-4393 / 536-6590 / 5366591 / 899-5018

Are they open on weekends?

The difference is not in the kind of image you get but rather in how the image is capture BY THE CAMERA.

Point and shoot cameras and also referred to as 'idiot cameras' ostensibly because the common belief is that they are so easy to use even an idiot will be able to take good pictures with them. In the days of film cameras these were also called 'instamatics'. In the days of film, there was no way you can preview how your picture will turn out beyond composition of the picture. This is because light acts differently on film as it does on the human eye. The latter makes intelligent adjustments so much so that more of what it sees is clear and in focus. A image through a glass lens that is projected onto a sheet of film will register differently depending on the sensitivity of the film, its age, the time of day, and whether you are shooting black and white or color film.

Instamatics, or point and shoot cameras were designed to allow the unphotography savvy to take well exposed pictures without the need for previewing the shot. They put their trust in the camera that the pictures will be good. This limitation has been overtaken by technology in the digital age. Because an imaging sensor has replaced film as the imaging medium and the picture being composed can now be displayed on a small LCD screenat the back of the camera so much so that an eyepiece has been rendered extraneous--you can preview a picture at arms length.

Point and shoot cameras are usually called rangefinder cameras. This means that the lens that projects the picture on to the image sensor is different from the lens that you peek through in the viewfinder--if you use it at all.

A single lens reflex camera (SLR) or it digital version (dSLR) uses only one lens to both project an image into the imaging sensor as well as to project it on to the viewfinder. The advantage to this arrangement is since only one lens is being used, this can be designed to be removable from the camera body and thus allow the use of different types of lenses.

In film SLRs. more aspects of a picture can be previewed apart from just composition: depth of field, exposure, and light metering through through-the-lens spot and averaging light meters built into some cameras.

For myself, I have since stopped using digital cameras although I have a nice Leica digilux 3. When you talk about creativity and picture quality that will endure through the years, nothing still beats a good film camera and a trained eye.

Anybody interested in purchasing canon digital camera. Powershot series and ixus model. We are cheaper than your leading malls. Pls pm me. We are a distributor of canon philippines. We have official distributor warranty.Anybody interested in purchasing canon digital camera. Powershot series and ixus model. We are cheaper than your leading malls. Pls pm me. We are a distributor of canon philippines. We have official distributor warranty.

For myself, I have since stopped using digital cameras although I have a nice Leica digilux 3. When you talk about creativity and picture quality that will endure through the years, nothing still beats a good film camera and a trained eye.

i agree. i opt for a film slr when doing still life shoots. ;)

i agree. i opt for a film slr when doing still life shoots. ;)

In fact, since I rarely need a telephoto lens, I have since ditched my SLR for a nice, old fashioned Voightlander Bessa R3A with only one lens, a very fast Voightlander Nokton 35mm/f1.2 with the Leica M mount and Leica lens hood. This is all an experienced amateur photographer needs. You don't even need flash.

This picture has the 40mm/f1.4 Nokton lens. Its what I call the poor man's Leica.