PacMan's Corner

menime

• 3 weeks later...

manny pacquiao is a great, great champion, but he is no means the greatest. there are two guys who are more prominent: flyweight pancho villa (generally considered as second only to jimmy wilde) and of course, gabriel (the flash) elorde.

ibang klase lang talaga si pacman. very powerful boxer.

sorry guys, ako medyo nawalan na ng gana kay manny... ewan ko, parang yumabang na sya e... sana maging humble na lang sya... di ko gusto yung sinabi nyang "close fight" when it was obviously a one way fight in favor of the other boxer... sana sinabi na lang nya na "i tried my best pero di sinwerte..next time ill do better..." sana ganun na lang sinabi nya...

hirap din kay manny ngayon,masyado marami pumapapel at nakikiride sa fame nya...

sayang si manny kung di sya magiingat...

well, I'm proud that we have a fighter with the talent of pacman.

pero after two fights and nothing to show for it - parang puro hype na lang. I'd be surprised if he can managed to secure a main event fight the next time around.

Baka a case of too much, too soon...

just thinking out loud....

I think he is slated to fight Oscar Larios for a belt. If he is forced to fulfill his contract obligation to MM then next two fight nya malamang mga bum.

He really is exciting to watch pero in terms of Boxing skills malaki pa ang room nya for improvement as shown in the JMM and Erik Morales fight.

at the least I'm giving him credit for fighting the top 3 featherweights with a record of 1-1-1.

• 1 month later...

well pacquiao deserves his fame. he earned it. but as far as being the greatest filipino boxer, it's still Elorde. He was world champion for 8 years I think. and he'senshrined in boxing's hall of fame. next would be dodieboy penalosa. he won 2 titles in 2 weight divisions despite being hampered by polio. Luisito Espinosa also won 2 titles in 2 weight divisions. in fact siya ang idol ni pacquiao dati. closest thing to sugar ray leonardna filipino boxer. smooth classy boxer with both touch and power. but if Pacquiao maintains his focus and drive, He is capable of surpassing both of these great boxers.

I recently read the papers and there is an article Bout the next bout of Manny.

This foreign boxer (the opponent) said " I WILL BEAT and Humiliate YOUR HERO" (kundi naman sobrang hambog)

I Admit that Manny has "Areas for Improvements" But a boxer who kicked the ass of the present "World heavyweight Champion" Barrera that is.. He is just a nobody.

Manny didnt show his best on the Morales fight but this fighter he even said (from what i've read) he will humiliate Manny and bring him down. Even set a foresight of the fight saying he will KO manny in just a few rounds.

So I think Manny should really do his best here in this coming bout.

SO my best regards to him and i wish him luck!

gulo no!! hehehe!

i cant really remember everything that's written there but i bet you wont even like it!

:angry:

before manny locked horns with el terible before i had a dream that manny will loose by decision...

now i had a dream that manny will win via split decision...

pero i'm hoping it's not true cause he needs an impressive victory with velasquez...so when manny and el terible lock horns on jan it will be more exciting than the first meeting...

Guys I admit na Maybang siya, Mahilig magshowboat.

But we should also be proud of him and all out fellow Filipino, athletes boxers or what ever.

He brings honor to our contry and to us.

Possibly it is the point of views of others (that they dont like him) but we should be suppportive for him bec. He helps us Filipinos

get noticed around the world. That Filipinoes are something NOT Nobodys but something. :thumbsupsmiley:

Guys I admit na Maybang siya, Mahilig magshowboat.

But we should also be proud of him and all out fellow Filipino, athletes boxers or what ever.

He brings honor to our contry and to us.

Possibly it is the point of views of others (that they dont like him) but we should be suppportive for him bec. He helps us Filipinos

get noticed around the world. That Filipinoes are something NOT Nobodys but something. :thumbsupsmiley:

Boxing is a business (like it or not).. just like showbiz, you have to have some gimmicks up on your sleeves to get noticed and be marketable... otherwise you'll end up like Marquez who have 2 World championship belts and yet gets a measly prize money per fight (compared to manny's, barya lang yun)

The guy's just showing his wares inside the ring...he's just boasting his talents.. but do you ever been with him off the ring? He's so friendly,meek and very polite... never been a mayabang.. Dahil nga sa kabaitan nya, niloloko na sya e.

otherwise you'll end up like Marquez who have 2 World championship belts and yet gets a measly prize money per fight

update on JMM: he already lost the IBF Featherwight belt outside the ring.. this is due to his handler's inability to schedule a mandatory defense.. WBA might follow suit, soon..

and i agree with his post.. u have to have some kind of marketability in order to get big fights.. that's why even mexicans love pacman, they know he's a warrior inside the ring.. B)