Pano Ba Paliitin Ang Tyan

Making your six pack appear all boils down to lowering your bodyfat by proper dieting and a good enegy system work such as HIIT and tabata method. No matter how many situps or special exercises you do, if your bodyfat is high, your six pack will not appear

And even then most people have no idea that abs are primarily fast-twitch muscle fibers....meaning they respond best (i.e. GROW) when subjected to heavy weights that only allow you to complete between 1-7 reps per set.

I'm sure our two posts here will get buried since most people have been brainwashed and conditioned to believe that crunches with high reps will get them 6-packs. I have yet to meet someone who really built their abs doing crunches. In 16 years in the fitness industry, I've NEVER met someone who only did crunches, or even leg raises and side bends and had well-developed abs.

NEVER.

If people want abs, they need to work their entire bodies, meaning legs, back, chest, arms, etc. And even better if the exercises are compound movements with freeweights such as barbells and dumbbells.

Machine training alone will NEVER build abs.

Edited by Eclipseguy
And even then most people have no idea that abs are primarily fast-twitch muscle fibers....meaning they respond best (i.e. GROW) when subjected to heavy weights that only allow you to complete between 1-7 reps per set.

I'm sure our two posts here will get buried since most people have been brainwashed and conditioned to believe that crunches with high reps will get them 6-packs.  I have yet to meet someone who really built their abs doing crunches.  In 16 years in the fitness industry, I've NEVER met someone who only did crunches, or even leg raises and side bends and had well-developed abs.

NEVER.

If people want abs, they need to work their entire bodies, meaning legs, back, chest, arms, etc.  And even better if the exercises are compound movements with freeweights such as barbells and dumbbells.

Machine training alone will NEVER build abs.

Perhaps you should also cite your story when you were in the navy and did hundreds of situps daily......

Perhaps you should also cite your story when you were in the navy and did hundreds of situps daily......

Indeed. I was handled by a Marine Corps drill instructor (and other drill instructors) for 13 weeks back in Officer training in 1999-2000. When I went in, I had basically an 8 pack due to my years of heavy lifting and low bodyfat %. When I was finished with OCS training, I had no abs (gained fat), and my core was very weak. Even when I lost weight after 6 weeks of going to the gym again, my abs looked pathetic. It took 8 more weeks of heavy lifting (plus muscle memory from my previous lifting) to get them to resemble what they were before.

can someone prescribe me a diet.. I don't drink sodas anymore. Only ice tea... I don't eat chops only biscuits.. I regulate my eating habit... But i have a thing for rice... could you help me out on a diet.

Thanks also for the fact that Abs training won't do you good unless you have cardio/aero...

Need Help.

I used to be thin. I only weighed 49kg not until I started taking vitamins last November 2005. By April 2006, I weighed 65kg (appropriate for my 5'6" body). But I had collected lots (but still manageble) amount of fats especially around my tummy.

So I started going to gym every saturday since June. 15 mins on stationary bike and series of weight lifting. It usually takes me 2 hours to finish my program. I started to see some muscles forming on my chest and arms. My tummy starts to get small. Overall, I am satisfied with it except that when I weighed in last saturday... its 67kg (2kg more).

This bothers me. Why do I gain more weight? By the way, I still am on my usual appetite. I eat 2 cups rice plus "ulam" of any kind - thats for lunch and dinner; "coffee na lang, dear!" ang breakfast ko. Do I have to lessen amount of food I take? Some of my friends (none of them are professional trainors) told me that I dont need to, because I would burn them after my exercise. Are they right about that?

Anyone one who might be of help, pls advise --- thanks!

where is fgu?

anyway. around ayala area, there's FF at RCBC and Robinson Bldg, Gold's Gym at Makati Stock Exchange basement and in Glorietta. There's also one in SGV and Company bldg... i, sure marami pang iba...

thanks for the response.

anyway, anyone know gym near ayala-fgu? and their rates pls.thinking to get some exercise if i dont have mcuh load at work  thanks again.

Bro, for the love handles, this is the part of the body that grows big SLOWLY and grows small SLOWLY. The only solution would be workout. Bending and twisting lang. If you have a bar that you can hang on the back of your shoulders and, sitting down, twist left to right, mga 100. Then stand up, bend left to right, same number. This will really take time, but if you do it religiously, complimented with the proper diet, you'll see the results in about 3-4 months.

i have to agree on the first part in which, the sides are the part of the body that grows big slowly and grows small slowly, i have to disagree with the bending and twisting stuff.

the sides or the love handles are the first thing to grow, if you're body starts accumulating fat, but is the last part of the body to lose fat, once your fat percentage ratio starts getting lower.

so that means, even if your front abdomens are really fat, there is still the probability that you may still have these love handles because of this reason.

nothing you can do about this, except to ..... yes..... lose fat.... as always discussed, eating properly, proper cardio and regular exercise is the trick.

Need Help.

I used to be thin.  I only weighed 49kg not until I started taking vitamins last November 2005.  By April 2006, I weighed 65kg (appropriate for my 5'6" body).  But I had collected lots (but still manageble) amount of fats especially around my tummy.

So I started going to gym every saturday since June.  15 mins on stationary bike and series of weight lifting.  It usually takes me 2 hours to finish my program.  I started to see some muscles forming on my chest and arms.  My tummy starts to get small.  Overall, I am satisfied with it except that when I weighed in last saturday... its 67kg (2kg more).

This bothers me.  Why do I gain more weight?  By the way, I still am on my usual appetite.  I eat 2 cups rice plus "ulam" of any kind - thats for lunch and dinner; "coffee na lang, dear!" ang breakfast ko.  Do I have to lessen amount of food I take?  Some of my friends (none of them are professional trainors) told me that I dont need to, because I would burn them after my exercise.  Are they right about that?

Anyone one who might be of help, pls advise --- thanks!

Because muscle weighs MORE than fats...you need higher CARB intake BEFORE your workout (for fuel/energy) and higher PROTEIN (to build and repair your muscles) intake but moderate CARB (to replenish used glycogen) AFTER your work out...noah

yep.. burn those fat first to expose those ab-muscles.

if doing 100 crunches can give you a sexy ab, then you should see fat people with a six-pack-ab. because i know some fat people who can do even more than 100 crunches but still dont have the abs they want. even if it were true, you will look more stupid with that fatty/saggy chest, arms, obliques, and six-pack abs. :)

Edited by Pepeng Manas
more fruits and less carbo,  fruits can give you more energy and hindi ka antokin.

carbohydrates and sweets sigurado antokin kana, tataba kapa.  :P

kelangan mo nang protein hindi pwdeng wala.  except nag susuplement ka or mahilig ka sa beans d bale

so what would be the difference of lessening carbs and eating more fruits? fruits contain crabs so it would be pointless. Unless one would substitute fibrous carbs for starchy carbs, that would be another issue

so what would be the difference of lessening carbs and eating more fruits? fruits contain crabs so it would be pointless. Unless one would substitute fibrous carbs for starchy carbs, that would be another issue

I think that what he really meant.....because of the fiber in fruits.....it will help facilitate the removal of excess materials in the stomach/abdominal area....leading to a significantly smaller tummy.

I think that what he really meant.....because of the fiber in fruits.....it will help facilitate the removal of excess materials in the stomach/abdominal area....leading to a significantly smaller tummy.

That does not lead to a smaller tummy. Rducing fat from entire the body would mean your belly would also shrink. Most guys have a hard time shrinking their belly since the alpha 2 receptors are predominant in the abdominal area.

mga idols sa gym panu po ba paliitin ang belly natin kasi kahit nag wowork out ako laki pa rin ng tyan kow kahit ng aabs na ko, di naman pwede mag diet kow kasi medyo payat din akow, di rin naman ako masyado umiinom ng beer,

thanks po

Colonics.

Colonic hydrotherapy. (5 times at least)

Marami sigurong na-imbak na kung anu anong alaga t basura sa loob ng colon.

more fruits and less carbo, fruits can give you more energy and hindi ka antokin.

carbohydrates and sweets sigurado antokin kana, tataba kapa. :P

kelangan mo nang protein hindi pwdeng wala. except nag susuplement ka or mahilig ka sa beans d bale

Caveat to this - choose your fruits correctly.

Most fruits contain carbs too so.... eating the wrong kind of fruits will lead to increased carb intake thereby defeating the purpose.

Bulging tummy is caused by the fat build up in that area and the only way to eliminate it is thru CARDIO VASCULAR EXERCISE. JOG, RUN, DANCE AND DO ANYTHING THAT KEEPS YOUR HEARBEAT ON A FAST RATE.

Next thing is to do is to lower your fat intake. STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING FRIED, SWEETS, BROWNIES, SODAS AND CAKES ! Lower also your carb intake, if you cannot lower it, intensify your cardio so that you can easily burn it. DO NOT ELIMINATE CARBS, YOU NEED IT AS A FUEL FOR YOUR DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE TRYING TO GAIN WEIGHT.

Caveat to this - choose your fruits correctly.

Most fruits contain carbs too so.... eating the wrong kind of fruits will lead to increased carb intake thereby defeating the purpose.

what fruits would you recommend? right now, for snacks i have a banana or two.