Pano Ba Paliitin Ang Tyan

Lack of sleep and stress may also contribute in the accumulation of visceral (or abdominal) fat. It has something to do with a pronounced increase in cortisol levels. Cortisol is a steroid hormone made in the adrenal glands, which are small glands adjacent to the kidneys. Among its important functions in the body include roles in the regulation of blood pressure and cardiovascular function as well as regulation of the body's use of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. Cortisol secretion increases in response to any stress in the body, whether physical (such as illness, trauma, surgery, or temperature extremes) or psychological. When cortisol is secreted, it causes a breakdown of muscle protein, leading to release of amino acids (the "building blocks" of protein) into the bloodstream. These amino acids are then used by the liver to synthesize glucose for energy, in a process called gluconeogenesis. This process raises the blood sugar level so the brain will have more glucose for energy. At the same time the other tissues of the body decrease their use of glucose as fuel. Cortisol also leads to the release of so-called fatty acids, an energy source from fat cells, for use by the muscles. Taken together, these energy-directing processes prepare the individual to deal with stressors and ensure that the brain receives adequate energy sources.

Excessive levels of cortisol have been found to promote overeating while blunting the normal rise in your metabolic rate that occurs after a meal. Alcohol intoxication (sufficient to cause a hangover) has also been shown to raise cortisol levels. A cortisol excess can also lead to a decrease in insulin sensitivity. Cortisol also reduces the utilization of amino acids for protein formation in muscle cells. A cortisol excess can lead to a progressive loss of protein, muscle weakness and atrophy, and loss of bone mass through increased calcium excretion and less calcium absorption. That is one of the reasons long-distance runners tend to have skinny physiques. With the amount of stress that runners place on their bodies, they have high levels of free radicals as well as cortisol. Excess cortisol can also adversely affect tendon health. Cortisol causes a redistribution of bodyfat to occur through an unknown mechanism. Basically, the extremities lose fat and muscle while the trunk and face become fatter. Some of the signs of overtraining include higher cortisol levels, which may cause depression-type effects. Cortisol excess can also lead to hypertension because it causes sodium retention (which can make you appear bloated) and potassium excretion

Getting enough sleep and managing stress properly can help keep cortisol levels in check. The same thing goes for regulating your alcohol intake. Those who exercise may also wish to avoid overtraining (an increase in training volume and/or intensity of exercise leading to a decrease in performance), as the corresponding increase in cortisol levels will undermine their efforts.

...in conclusion night job which causes severe sleep deprivation is a major factor in bulging bellies...

...in conclusion night job which causes severe sleep deprivation is a major factor in bulging bellies...

We need to manage our sleep when taking the night shift on a prolonged basis. Otherwise, a sleeping disorder will result in raised cortisol levels, and consequently, a redistribution of fat in our midsection. The results are cumulative, so it will take some time before the symptoms manifest themselves.

i've read an article somewhere and as confirmed by my trainor friends that while doing cardio, you should only do the 60% of your heartrate for your body to burn fat. if you are doing cardios at the 80% level, you are burning calories, but what you are burning comes not from fat but from the carbohydrates stored in your body.

the only problem with the recommended 60% is that you have to do this at least 30 to 45 minutes per session, at least thrice a week, and you should have a heart monitor in place.

to compute for the heart rate:

220 - age * 60%.

ako din hirap paliit ng tyan, actually ive been cuting my food lately especially sa night .. kaso nagka trangkaso me .. then syempre may medicine, kaya dumami ulit kain ko, then start ulit me .. para sakin just cut down on foods pakonti konti or replacing it with healthy foods .. di lang kasi purely exrcise, dapat good eating habits din .. diba

sit-ups and abdominal crunches do wonders to trim down one's bulging tummy... but one has to have discipline and the will to do these, since it's a bit painstaking and a tad much work. :upside:

ouch...wala na ba ibang way? hihi! i needc to work on my stomach din eh. basta gusto ko lang lumiit stomach ko para mas proprortion. parang pag nagge-gain ako ng weight yun agad lumalaki eh. :(

it's not uncommon here (in my workplace) to see even girls with bulging, and i mean BULGING tummies, sobrang funny napagkakamalang pregnant :boo: muntik na nga ko masampal minsan eh :D

do three things. run, bike and swim. bike thrice a week at least one hour a day and you'd see some difference in a month, guaranteed. run twice a week. start with a 3km run, kahit slow lang. move up to 6 km gradually and build on this. swim for about an hour two to three times a week. join fun runs, bike trips and club swims. before you know it, triathlete ka na! don't worry about the time... go for endurance.

you'd see the difference in a very short time. enjoy.

Hindi ko alam kung may post na about dito, pero pano paliliitin yung "love handles"? kasi yung tyan ko medyo nagiging ok na e. minsan nga may definition pa ng abs (pero baka namamalik mata lang ako), pero yung l!ntek na "love handles" hindi pa yata nawala sa kin kahit minsan. sobrang laki pa! :( tinutukso na nga akong "donut" nung barkada ko e. :thumbsdownsmiley:

tulong naman!

question lang.

pag nakuha mo na yung abs/katawan na gusto mo by "sensible eating" (ika nga), cardio exercises, & lifting weights, pwede mo na ba dagdagan ulit ang kain mo? Kasi lumaki na ang mass ng muscles mo di ba? pag lumaki na mass ng muscles, more calories na ang ma-bu-burn nito (tama ba?). O kailangan mong forever "sensible eating" para forever flat abs din? di ko yata kaya ang forever sensible eating. :)

ouch...wala na ba ibang way? hihi! i needc to work on my stomach din eh. basta gusto ko lang lumiit stomach ko para mas proprortion. parang pag nagge-gain ako ng weight yun agad lumalaki eh.  :(

Months back, I read in the internet about the lazy man's abdominal workout. This doesn't involve sit-ups, crunches, roman chairs, etc. And what's good, you can do it anytime of the day. You can even do it while sitting in the office. What you do is try to pull your tummy in, hold it for 10 seconds, breathe regularly (don't hold your breathe), relax and do it again. Yun nga lang, it has to be a conscious effort. Plus diet. I tell you it works! kala ko hindi, pero now, maluwag na yung size 36 kong pants, ganda ng fit ng size 34 kong pants. Pero syempre, wala yung "pandesal" effect sa tummy. lumiit lang.

Hindi ko alam kung may post na about dito, pero pano paliliitin yung "love handles"? kasi yung tyan ko medyo nagiging ok na e. minsan nga may definition pa ng abs (pero baka namamalik mata lang ako), pero yung l!ntek na "love handles" hindi pa yata nawala sa kin kahit minsan. sobrang laki pa!  :( tinutukso na nga akong "donut" nung barkada ko e. :thumbsdownsmiley:

tulong naman!

Bro, for the love handles, this is the part of the body that grows big SLOWLY and grows small SLOWLY. The only solution would be workout. Bending and twisting lang. If you have a bar that you can hang on the back of your shoulders and, sitting down, twist left to right, mga 100. Then stand up, bend left to right, same number. This will really take time, but if you do it religiously, complimented with the proper diet, you'll see the results in about 3-4 months.

question lang.

pag nakuha mo na yung abs/katawan na gusto mo by "sensible eating" (ika nga), cardio exercises, & lifting weights, pwede mo na ba dagdagan ulit ang kain mo?  Kasi lumaki na ang mass ng muscles mo di ba? pag lumaki na mass ng muscles, more calories na ang ma-bu-burn nito (tama ba?).  O kailangan mong forever "sensible eating" para forever flat abs din?  di ko yata kaya ang forever sensible eating. :)

Bro, I would assume that since nasanay ka na sa sensible eating, eating more than that would make you feel uncomfortable. Tsaka why go back to the old ways? sayang yung pinaghirapan mo. yung mga paminsan minsan na pizza, junk foods, beer okay lang. Just try to stay out of your OLD regular routine. If I were in that situation, I would maintain it.

just my own 0.02 cents worth....

mga brod bago lng ako dito, d n ko nkpagbasa ng mga unang tread, tanong ko lng ano b mabilis na paraan para mawala yung bilbil? tnx!

ako rin bago pero i can share some stuff to you.

first of all there is no such thing as spot reduction to trim the tummy (e.g. doing lots of situps or crunches to trim the tummy)

trimming the tummy goes with overall body/muscular development. you need to do cardio and weight lifting to develop muscles which helps in burning calories and fats. i suggest doing workout drills involving the major muscles.

also, when it comes to dieting: try eating 5 - 6 small meals. lessen the carbs (e.g. rice, bread) and have more protein in your food intake. i saw someone post here that protein is bad. thats entirely wrong. yes, protein is harder to digest but its not the one stored as fat. carbs enriched food are the one stored as fat. protein is hard to digest, making you feel full, helping you avoid craving. also since protein is harder to digest, it requires more calories to burn or digest it. see the point?

avoid sodas (e.g. coke and the like), juices (sugar-rich drink din to dude and masmadami calories to sa soda believe it or not). stick with water as much as possible and drink lots of it as well. water helps your body reduce fat, makes you feel full as well, and it also replenishes your muscles since our body's muscles are 70% water.

thats it. no need to do silly spot reduction which doesnt work. trust me, im an ex-athlete and i know my stuff.