Pano Ba Paliitin Ang Tyan

===================================

Stomach Vacuum

Exercise Data

Main Muscle Worked: Abdominals

Other Muscles Worked: None

Equipment: BodyOnly

Mechanics Type: Isolation

Tips: Works the transversus abdominus and internal obliques. This gives you a flatter profile and a narrower waist!

To execute the Stomach Vacuum, stand upright and place your hands on your hips, and exhale all the air out of your lungs, completely. Expand your chest, and bring your stomach in as much as possible, and hold. Visualize trying to touch your navel to your backbone. One isometric contraction of "20" seconds is one repetition. You can work your way up to 40 or 60 seconds.

Once mastered, the Stomach Vacuum can be performed in a standing, kneeling, seated, and lying position.

====================================

do that exercise side by side with a good ab work out.. :D

that would be my tip... :P

ako rin bago pero i can share some stuff to you.

first of all there is no such thing as spot reduction to trim the tummy (e.g. doing lots of situps or crunches to trim the tummy)

trimming the tummy goes with overall body/muscular development. you need to do cardio and weight lifting to develop muscles which helps in burning calories and fats. i suggest doing workout drills involving the major muscles.

also, when it comes to dieting: try eating 5 - 6 small meals. lessen the carbs (e.g. rice, bread) and have more protein in your food intake. i saw someone post here that protein is bad. thats entirely wrong. yes, protein is harder to digest but its not the one stored as fat. carbs enriched food are the one stored as fat. protein is hard to digest, making you feel full, helping you avoid craving. also since protein is harder to digest, it requires more calories to burn or digest it. see the point?

avoid sodas (e.g. coke and the like), juices (sugar-rich drink din to dude and masmadami calories to sa soda believe it or not). stick with water as much as possible and drink lots of it as well. water helps your body reduce fat, makes you feel full as well, and it also replenishes your muscles since our body's muscles are 70% water.

thats it. no need to do silly spot reduction which doesnt work. trust me, im an ex-athlete and i know my stuff.

Thanks bro!

Thru backreading, deprivation from sleep results to bulging bellies. Im constantly working on a night shift.

what can you suggest?

Manage your sleep well. The culprit is excess cortisol, a hormone commonly associated with stress. A few things you may do to get quality sleep are:

Get Daily Exercise. Exercising for at least 30 minutes everyday can help you fall asleep. However, don't exercise too close to bedtime or it may keep you awake.

Avoid before-bed snacks, particularly grains and sugars. This will raise blood sugar and inhibit sleep. Later, when blood sugar drops too low (hypoglycemia), you might wake up and not be able to fall back asleep.

Sleep in complete darkness or as close as possible. When light hits the eyes, it disrupts the circadian rhythm of the pineal gland and production of melatonin and seratonin. There also should be as little light in the bathroom as possible if you get up in the middle of the night.

Avoid caffeine. A recent study showed that in some people, caffeine is not metabolized efficiently and therefore they can feel the effects long after consuming it.

Avoid alcohol. Although alcohol will make people drowsy, the effect is short lived and people will often wake up several hours later, unable to fall back asleep. Alcohol will also keep you from falling into the deeper stages of sleep, where the body does most of its healing.

Lose weight. Being overweight can increase the risk of sleep apnea, which will prevent a restful nights sleep.

No TV right before bed. Even better, get the TV out of the bedroom or even out of the house, completely. It is too stimulating to the brain and it will take longer to fall asleep. Also disruptive of pineal gland function for the same reason as above.

Wear socks to bed. Due to the fact that they have the poorest circulation, the feet often feel cold before the rest of the body. A study has shown that this reduces night wake-ups.

Avoid using loud alarm clocks. It is very stressful on the body to be awoken suddenly. If you are regularly getting enough sleep, they should be unnecessary.

Alarm clocks and other electrical devices. If these devices must be used, keep them as far away from the bed as possible, preferably at least 4 feet.

Remove the clock from view. It will only add to your worry when constantly staring at it..2AM..3AM..4AM..5AM..

Check your bedroom for electro-magnetic fields (EMFs). These can disrupt the pineal gland and the production of melatonin and seratonin, and may have other negative effects as well.

Journaling. If you often lay in bed with your mind racing, it might be helpful keep a journal and write down your thoughts before bed.

Keep the temperature in the bedroom no higher than 70 degrees F. Many people keep their homes and particularly the upstairs bedrooms too hot.

Reduce or avoid as many drugs as possible. Many medications, both prescription and over-the-counter may have effects on sleep.

Don't drink any fluids within 2 hours of going to bed. This will reduce the likelihood of needing to get up and go to the bathroom or at least minimize the frequency.

Take a hot bath, shower or sauna before bed. When body temperature is raised in the late evening, it will fall at bedtime, facilitating sleep.

Keep Your Bed For Sleeping. If you are used to watching TV or doing work in bed, you may find it harder to relax and to think of the bed as a place to sleep.

If you are menopausal or pre-menopausal, get checked out by a good natural medicine physician. The hormonal changes at this time may cause problems if not properly addressed.

Don't Change Your Bedtime. You should go to bed, and wake up, at the same times each day, even on the weekends. This will help your body to get into a sleep rhythm and make it easier to fall asleep and get up.

Listen to White Noise or Relaxation CDs. Some people find the sound of white noise or nature sounds, such as the ocean or forest, to be soothing for sleep.

Hope they help.

:( :( NEED HELP FROM YOU GUYS,,

- DO YOU KNOW ANY FREE LINKS TO SHOW LIST OF FOOD WITH LOW CARBS

- I USUALLY GET STRAVED BEFORE GOING TO BED,, WHATS THE BEST FOOD TO EAT? IS NOODLES A LOW CARB ( INSTANT NOODLES)? I DONT WANT TO USE SUPPLEMENTS ALTHOUGH I READ THAT ITS IMPORTANT SINCE IT CAN BUILD MUSCLE AND GIVE YOU NUTRITUION WHILE SLEEPING,,

- FOR ME ITS VERY DIFFICULT TO GAIN LEAN MUSCLE (HARD GAINER) DO YOU RECOMMEND EVERYDAY GYM SESSION WITH MINIMIZE SET OF EXERCISE OR EVERY OTHER DAY SESSION WITH MORE SET OF EXERCISE?

MANY THANKS AND HOPE OUR GURUS ANSWER MY QUESTION FOR THE BENEFIT OF MANY AS WELL!

:mtc:

• 2 weeks later...
:(  :(  NEED HELP FROM YOU GUYS,,

- I USUALLY GET STRAVED BEFORE GOING TO BED,, WHATS THE BEST FOOD TO EAT? IS NOODLES A LOW CARB ( INSTANT NOODLES)? I DONT WANT TO USE SUPPLEMENTS ALTHOUGH I READ THAT ITS IMPORTANT SINCE IT CAN BUILD MUSCLE AND GIVE YOU NUTRITUION WHILE SLEEPING,,

- FOR ME ITS VERY DIFFICULT TO GAIN LEAN MUSCLE (HARD GAINER) DO YOU RECOMMEND EVERYDAY GYM SESSION WITH MINIMIZE SET OF EXERCISE OR EVERY OTHER DAY SESSION WITH MORE SET OF EXERCISE?

MANY THANKS AND HOPE OUR GURUS ANSWER MY QUESTION FOR THE BENEFIT OF MANY AS WELL!

It appears that you metabolize food quickly. Either that, or you eat food that doesn't keep you satisfied for very long.

People who have a high metabolic rate may need to have more protein and fat in their diet. Lean meats and essential fats are healthy, and will ensure that your meal has more staying power. If you wish to find websites listing foods with low carbohydrate content, try searching google for low-glycemic foods. Low glycemic carbohydrates include non-starchy vegetables, most fruits, wholegrains, wholewheat, and foods rich in fiber. These also help prevent you from getting hungry too soon between meals, as they help regulate the digestion of sugars. You may also need to check with your doctor if you have a hyperactive thyroid, which may require a specific type of diet.

I'm assuming that you are trying to lose your gut while building lean muscle, as this thread is "Paano Ba Paliitin Ang Tyan". In order to build lean muscle without getting fat, your diet should consist of more lean sources of protein and low glycemic carbohydrates. Protein builds muscle, while carbohydrates provide the fuel for exercise. Weight training will bulk up muscle if you do less repetitions with heavier weights. The way to determine this is by lifting a weight until you can no longer do another repetition. If you do not exhaust your muscle early, the weight is too light. However, if you cannot perform the movement correctly in order to complete a rep, it's too heavy. If you can feel enough resistance to do 8 to 10 repetitions in perfect form, then this is adequate to stimulate muscle growth. Do three sets each. Be careful not to overtrain your muscles. It will tear down, rather than build muscle tissue. Get enough rest to recuperate from training before resuming your workout. Adequate sleep is essential. It will take time before you see results, so it's important that you workout with consistency. Better yet, enroll in a gym where you can avail of suitable programs for your goals. They can monitor your progress and adjust the program accordingly.

:(  :(  NEED HELP FROM YOU GUYS,,

try eating more protein like meat, soya, etc.

normally, if you eat protein, you get full faster and don't get hungry faster dahil mahirap tunawin.

It appears that you metabolize food quickly. Either that, or you eat food that doesn't keep you satisfied for very long.

People who have a high metabolic rate may need to have more protein and fat in their diet. Lean meats and essential fats are healthy, and will ensure that your meal has more staying power. If you wish to find websites listing foods with low carbohydrate content, try searching google for low-glycemic foods. Low glycemic carbohydrates include non-starchy vegetables, most fruits, wholegrains, wholewheat, and foods rich in fiber. These also help prevent you from getting hungry too soon between meals, as they help regulate the digestion of sugars. You may also need to check with your doctor if you have a hyperactive thyroid, which may require a specific type of diet.

I'm assuming that you are trying to lose your gut while building lean muscle, as this thread is "Paano Ba Paliitin Ang Tyan". In order to build lean muscle without getting fat, your diet should consist of more lean sources of protein and low glycemic carbohydrates. Protein builds muscle, while carbohydrates provide the fuel for exercise. Weight training will bulk up muscle if you do less repetitions with heavier weights. The way to determine this is by lifting a weight until you can no longer do another repetition. If you do not exhaust your muscle early, the weight is too light. However, if you cannot perform the movement correctly in order to complete a rep, it's too heavy. If you can feel enough resistance to do 8 to 10 repetitions in perfect form, then this is adequate to stimulate muscle growth. Do three sets each. Be careful not to overtrain your muscles. It will tear down, rather than build muscle tissue. Get enough rest to recuperate from training before resuming your workout. Adequate sleep is essential. It will take time before you see results, so it's important that you workout with consistency. Better yet, enroll in a gym where you can avail of suitable programs for your goals. They can monitor your progress and adjust the program accordingly.

thanks for the info arch,, i know that low reps hight intensity is for bulking ,, my question is how long in general should you do this bulking session before going to high reps lower intensity(shaping session)... :unsure:

Nice thread, and kudos dun sa mga nagbibigay ng advises.

On my part, water therapy and minimum carbo intake

naman ang ginagawa ko. Wala na kasing time mag exercise e.

Take at least 12 glasses of water everyday, medyo uncomfortable

nga lang kasi panay ang CR mo.

Although may tummy pa rin hanggang ngayun, pero nakikita ko naman

na nare reduce na rin siya. Ang medyo mahirap talagang tanggalin ay

ung sa side belly (bil-bil).

thanks for the info arch,, i  know that low reps hight intensity is for bulking ,, my question is how long in general should you do this bulking session before going to high reps lower intensity(shaping session)...  :unsure:

That will actually depend on you, dexterhaba, because only you can determine how big you want to get. It would be a safe bet that you don't like any particular area to appear disproportionate to the rest of your body, so I guess you'll have to pay close attention to the effect of the workout on your symmetry. Take into account your height and the length of your limbs and torso in order to produce the desired effect. Bulking up too much will make you appear too round and short. A full length mirror will help you keep track of your progress.

You can actually train everyday, provided that you workout different groups of muscles every other day. The number of sets should stimulate muscle growth, so it's a common practice to do 3 sets of 8 or 10 repetitions to failure (or until you can no longer lift the weight properly.) The weight would have to be heavy enough for you to complete 1 set in perfect form. Once you have difficulty gaining more muscle mass with the basic program, you may want to try powerlifting. This is rather advanced, so do this only with the assistance of a professional. The weights are considerably heavier, while the reps are minimal, although this really builds thicker muscles.

• 8 months later...

It would boil down to proper dieting. Meaning, reducing the fatty and processed foods. Eating small, but frequent meals. Avoiding skipping any meal as this wuld slow down your metabolism

If you do heavy free weight compound exercises, you will be able to develop a six pack even if you don't do a single crunch

abdominal exercises

FREE information on ab exercises, machines and workouts.

There are MANY abdominal exercises... crunches, leg raises, situps, hip thrusts, side bends, weighted situps, crunches with your legs bent, not bent, straight up in the air, 100's of different ab machines, 1000's of ab exercises and workouts on video tapes, 100's of abdominal exercises and machines shown in infomercials, etc. The list goes on and on. BUT, let me ask you a question. Why did you come here to find out information about abdominal exercises? Is it because you want to have a perfect 6 pack? Because you want to get rid of that fat that is on your stomach so you can have washboard abs? Well, are you ready for the truth? Here it is... The truth is, every one of those abdominal exercises that I just mentioned, plus every ab exercise that I didn't mention, will NOT help you have a perfect 6 pack. EVERY one of these abdominal exercises will only help to strengthen and build your ab muscles. BUT, that won't do a damn thing for you if you have a layer of fat covering them! You see, no abdominal exercises burn fat. None of the ones you see in infomercials, none of the machines you see in your gym, no special ab workouts, and even good old crunches and situps, none of these abdominal exercises will burn the fat on your stomach. All they will do is help make your ab muscles stronger, and help build them. You can make your abs as strong as you want, and build them as nice as you want for as long as you want, but as long as you still have fat, even the slightest amount of fat on your stomach, your abs will not be visible. You see, nothing, I repeat, NOTHING will burn the fat off of your stomach to let your abs become visible except for a perfect diet and enough cardio/aerobic work. Most people (maybe even you) think that the key to getting perfect abs are abdominal exercises and ab workouts and ab machines. That is 100% bullshit! The key to getting perfect abs is having a low bodyfat. That is it right there, if you have a low bodyfat, then you have visible abs. Maybe your thinking to yourself, "well, my bodyfat isn't that high and I do all types of the best abdominal exercises everyday, and I still can't see my abs." Well, all that means is your bodyfat might be low, but it is not low enough! You see, you can do every one of the abdominal exercises ever invented, and you can do them with the best form, with the best machines, with the best routines for years and years, but if your diet and cardio/aerobic workout isn't getting rid of the fat, you will NEVER be able to see your abs! I know what your thinking right now, "I saw an infomercial or an ad with these guys and girls with perfect abs doing these ab exercises with these special machines, they all had great bodys, so their product must work right? It must be able to burn the fat on my stomach and give me perfect abs right?" WRONG! If you are thinking that, then you now know how these people make money. They don't want you to know all of the stuff that I just told you, because once you know the truth, you will never buy their useless products, and they won't make money!

di ka nman galit nyan pare...hehehe..peace :P

pre tama lahat sinabi mo..burn fats before you see those abs..!! :cool:

Making your six pack appear all boils down to lowering your bodyfat by proper dieting and a good enegy system work such as HIIT and tabata method. No matter how many situps or special exercises you do, if your bodyfat is high, your six pack will not appear