Pare, everyone had to snort including the instigator himself!  I actually don't remember how I made my way back to Pearl of the Pacific that night. :blink:

Hey there FD!  :)  So where was this Jap resto you had dinner at?  Food any good?  There's this Jap resto along Morato called Zensho and they have wot they call MOTOYAKI OYSTERS which you must absolutely try if you love oysters!  Sharappppp!!!!  :thumbsupsmiley:

Vintage SA wine, shouldn't it be good still of cellared properly? :unsure:

Bods Bods Bods, how many time must I tell you to never utter words that refer to carpets, bushes, arid everglades etc. ! :lol:  How have you been?

Eagleyes!  Sorry I didn't get to catch you while you were here. :(

Agxo3!  Backread ka na!  Sige na pleaseeeeeeee ... kasi 2 pages lang naman backread mo. :P

Hope everyone has been well.  Am so sleepy now but still need to work :angry:  Baka makatulog ako dito sa oficina. :lol:

When snorting vodka, do you take it at the same temperature as when drinking - 0 deg C? That would be a blast (literally, I suppose :wacko: )!

Is it polite to mention a restaurant that met your expectations, if that perspective was not high? The food was good, but not exceptional. It was Japanese, but more of Filipinized Japanese. And the sake was served hot.

Para hindi OT, Finally got to open a bottle of Torres 2001 Tempranillo last sunday. It had very good legs, wonderful aroma of fruits and a bit of oak. At 4 years old, it was flavorful with the taste of cherries followed by peppers, then finished with oak tones. It was very smooth, and went very well with pot roast and cheese. Surprisingly, it was a great match with Pistachio Ice Cream too! Great wine! Thanks for pointing out this variety, guys!

HEH!  Welcome back ka dyan! :P  But hey, I actually considered becoming a nun even after discovering the pleasures of the skin! :lol:  Hayy but then I was sure my application would be rejected so I did not pursue it na. :rolleyes:  I've tried Margaux ages ago and was wayy too immature to appreciate wine of any sort.  :(

Pare, everyone had to snort including the instigator himself!  I actually don't remember how I made my way back to Pearl of the Pacific that night. :blink:

Haven't had my amaretto fix yet but hopefully soon!  :cool:

Welcome back again!!!! i think the phrase, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak applies here. (peace, sister!!!!)

When snorting vodka, do you take it at the same temperature as when drinking - 0 deg C?  That would be a blast (literally, I suppose  :wacko: )!

Is it polite to mention a restaurant that met your expectations, if that perspective was not high?  The food was good, but not exceptional.  It was Japanese, but more of Filipinized Japanese.  And the sake was served hot.

Para hindi OT,  Finally got to open a bottle of Torres 2001 Tempranillo last sunday.  It had very good legs, wonderful aroma of fruits and a bit of oak.  At 4 years old, it was flavorful with the taste of cherries followed by peppers, then finished with oak tones.  It was very smooth, and went very well with pot roast and cheese.  Surprisingly, it was a great match with Pistachio Ice Cream too!  Great wine!  Thanks for pointing out this variety, guys!

hey floppy drive, thanks for keeping the spirit on our behalf. much of us have been sober lately (judging from the dearth of post). a tempranillo is always tops on my list these days. where do you get the torres? i have to try it. i've tried the bach 2001 and the vina albali gran reserva 1997.

i haven't touched much alcohol except for johnny black, but one thing for sure, am a smoke belcher these past few weeks. i've been smoking so much cherry cavendish and cigars in my burrow.

Edited by masi
For a moment I thought I was in the Personals Section.... :P

It behooves me to inform you though that the gallant masi was so kind as to offer his assistance and bridge the communication problem with eagleeyes regarding the bounty the beloved visitor wishes to bestow on this privileged group of members...

cheers!!!

Behooves....bridge....bounty.....bestow......Magnificent words they are coming from a beauteous lady who now graciously graces our pages...hehe sori po naubusan na ako ng Ye Olde English :lol:

There's gonna be some Mutiny For The Bounty if our tongues and lips don't get to flesh out that bounty from Bush Land.....

Bods Bods Bods, how many time must I tell you to never utter words that refer to carpets, bushes, arid everglades etc. ! :lol:  How have you been?

I have been well, thank you....and you?

hey floppy drive, thanks for keeping the spirit on our behalf.  much of us have been sober lately (judging from the dearth of post).  a tempranillo is always tops on my list these days.  where do you get the torres?  i have to try it.  i've tried the bach 2001 and the vina albali gran reserva 1997. 

i haven't touched much alcohol except for johnny black, but one thing for sure, am a smoke belcher these past few weeks.  i've been smoking so much cherry cavendish and cigars in my burrow.

I tasted a Gran Reserva in Segundo Peso (Terry's restaurant in Pasong Tamo Ext). But was able to buy the Torres Tempranillo at, of all places - Plaza Fair's supermarket in Makati Cinema Square. hehehe. Seems their normal clientele don't know that it's a great item! Grab one after a visit to Kikufuji.

Speaking of stronger forms of the spirit, have you guys tried the Tanduay 18 years old? It's fantastic!!! Well aged, very very very smooth rhum. So smooth, you'd think it was a sweet Johnny black. In fact, comparing it with the Tanduay Centennial (blended 25+ year old), and the Tanduay 20 year old in a keg, it's hard to distinguish the difference! Price wise, it's a steal too when compared to it's older siblings.

I tasted a Gran Reserva in Segundo Peso (Terry's restaurant in Pasong Tamo Ext).  But was able to buy the Torres Tempranillo at, of all places - Plaza Fair's supermarket in Makati Cinema Square. hehehe.  Seems their normal clientele don't know that it's a great item!  Grab one after a visit to Kikufuji.

Speaking of stronger forms of the spirit, have you guys tried the Tanduay 18 years old?  It's fantastic!!!  Well aged, very very very smooth rhum.  So smooth, you'd think it was a sweet Johnny black.  In fact, comparing it with the Tanduay Centennial (blended 25+ year old), and the Tanduay 20 year old in a keg, it's hard to  distinguish the difference!  Price wise, it's a steal too when compared to it's older siblings.

thanks for the info on the Torres. I agree with you on the Tanduay 18-y.o. I was told to serve it cold and with a little water.

Opened two bottles last night. The first was an Ondarre Reserva 1999. Very fruity aroma, good legs, purple in color but not deep. It was very fruity in flavor with tones of singed oak. Good wine, great with seafood but somehow it went bad with meat. The jamon serrano tasted like daing with it. bwahahaha. That was a shocker. The label didn't say what grapes were used, but it's taste was similar to a Shiraz.

Para makabawi, it was back to the Torres Gran Coronas 2000. This one is a pleaser. It went well with everything we ordered. Is it because it's Cabsav?

Behooves....bridge....bounty.....bestow......Magnificent words they are coming from a beauteous lady who now graciously graces our pages...hehe sori po naubusan na ako ng Ye Olde English :lol:

There's gonna be some Mutiny For The Bounty if our tongues and lips don't get to flesh out that bounty from Bush Land.....

I have been well, thank you....and you?

Sorry... I couldn't shake off the persona I took on when I was in the Personals Section.... I shouldn't be lingering in that section.. might do me some good. :D

I hope the mutineers were kept at bay by the gift from the visitor... :)

Sorry... I couldn't shake off the persona I took on when I was in the Personals Section.... I shouldn't be lingering in that section.. might do me some good. :D

I hope the mutineers were kept at bay by the gift from the visitor... :)

hahaha! I like that - mutineers!

sounds like having lots of fun on the high seas - wine, loot, women, wine, loot :P

I like your presence here, mama mace....this thread won't corrupt you :lol:

Hi Bods,

Padaan lang dito sa thread mo. I'm not an expert when it comes to wine but I can learn a lot from this thread.

hehehe what a pleasant surprise - nuon ka pa namin hinihintay dito!

don't worry we don't drink much here but you'll learn a lot! Wine-wise or otherwise!

cheers and have a nice week, folks!

Ang sarap talaga ng Setyembre! Dahil lang malamig ang Disyembre, ang daming may birthday ngayong buwan at marami ding pagkakataong makapagbukas ng vino.

We had a Wyndham Estate Bin 555 Shiraz 2002 and this is the best shiraz I've tested! Forget about the rest! This wine bested even a Chateau Laroque Saint-Emillion Grand Cru 1997 we were sipping alternately! I still have a big smile thinking about it!

The Shiraz was deep cherry red in color, fruity bouquet with earthy oak. Well balanced and full bodied (some Vanilla?), cherries, and oak. I started sipping, but taking a mouthful made it a better experience! The flavors had some synergy going on from the tip of the tungue all the way to the back! Wow!

The Grand Cru is 8 years old but somehow it seems it needs to age a little more. It was very fine bordeau, very light, but had something missing on the finish.

Looking forward to the next birthday party!

nice thread, very informative! reading through the last two pages of this thread made miss Melbourne, Australia - about two months ago i was having yellow tail with some friends there. i think i should let my dad have a taste of yellow tail. if you guys won't mind (this question may have been asked for the nth time), could you recommend a wine store within or near Ortigas area which sells affordable aussie wines? bihira kasi akong maligaw sa makati o qc area e.

thanks!

nice thread, very informative!  reading through the last two pages of this thread made miss Melbourne, Australia - about two months ago i was having yellow tail with some friends there.  i think i should let my dad have a taste of yellow tail.  if you guys won't mind (this question may have been asked for the nth time), could you recommend a wine store within or near Ortigas area which sells affordable aussie wines?  bihira kasi akong maligaw sa makati o qc area e.

thanks!

welcome to the thread, pare! Di ba dun ka din sa UP thread?

There's Wine Depot along Julia Vargas - for Aussie wines I think it's the tops here - a lot of selections from best buys to really expensive ones. The main branch is in Malugay St. , Makati. Although the Julia Vargas branch is smaller, they have the same wines, albeit fewer stocks. (they don't have Yellow Tail, though - different distributor)

cheers!

Bods, augustmoon...nagkita nanaman tayo sa isang thread! Siguro si Storm andito rin somewhere no?? I like wine but I'm no expert. Can't read a label, and I can't tell one from the other. Hirap kasi i-describe eh, I've read a lot of literature on the subject, even watched Sideways twice ;-)

Hi Sliderule :) ... pakalat-kalat lang ako. I don't kow about the others :)

I am just a wanna-be oinologist. :D To be in this thread is like going to an extensive wine appreciation course, albeit in theory only. I don't drink wine. I am barbaric when it comes to alcohol. Beer lang, tequila sometimes depending on the mood.

I admire the people here Bods..Masi..Spurt...etc, they know so much about wine and you can learn from them. I was lucky to have been at the ALIMENTARIA in Barcelona (the biggest Food and Wine Convention in Europe) in 2001, I even visited several vineyards in Seville and Jerez but i never got to appreciate wine. Woe is me. :(

See you around.

Good Morning Sir Bods. :D

:P

Bods, augustmoon...nagkita nanaman tayo sa isang thread! Siguro si Storm andito rin somewhere no?? I like wine but I'm no expert. Can't read a label, and I can't tell one from the other. Hirap kasi i-describe eh, I've read a lot of literature on the subject, even watched Sideways twice ;-)

welcome, pare!

as far as i know, novice din ako - I just like to drink wine and learn a little and whatever little I learn, I try to share here, so there! :P

eagleeyes posted something a while back about how to read labels, though if you can't find it, I'll post something similar, ok?

Hi Sliderule  :) ... pakalat-kalat lang ako. I don't kow about the others  :)

I am just a wanna-be oinologist.  :D  To be in this thread is like going to an extensive  wine appreciation course, albeit in theory only. I don't drink wine. I am barbaric when it comes to alcohol. Beer lang, tequila sometimes depending on the mood. 

I admire the people here Bods..Masi..Spurt...etc, they know so much about wine and you can learn from them. I was lucky to have been at the ALIMENTARIA in Barcelona (the biggest Food and Wine Convention in Europe) in 2001, I even visited several vineyards in Seville and Jerez but i never got to appreciate wine. Woe is me.  :(

See you around.

Good Morning Sir Bods.  :D

good morning, too!

ininggit mo pa kami sa byahe mo sa Spain :P May utang pala sa aming kwento yun!

anyway, we all try to learn here - wine is an ever-continuing learning process - the drinking goes even

much longer!

so tell us more about your trip! did the hubby go with you?

nice thread, very informative!  reading through the last two pages of this thread made miss Melbourne, Australia - about two months ago i was having yellow tail with some friends there.  i think i should let my dad have a taste of yellow tail.  if you guys won't mind (this question may have been asked for the nth time), could you recommend a wine store within or near Ortigas area which sells affordable aussie wines?  bihira kasi akong maligaw sa makati o qc area e.

thanks!

hi, I think you should better go to Future Trade/ Master Brand Store, that's near House of Minis along C5, Bario Ugong Pasig, they've got Southcorp Wines. Or you can go to Wine Depot in Julia Vargas, near citygolf accross Valle verde.