• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

what do you say to a wine, sea weekend here in cebu. Everyone arrives Saturday p.m. and we have an aphrodisiac dinner at a beach house somewhere...we can put up the menu to match the wine list. Think great dinner conversation with like-minded Bacchanalian friends. I have one or two girlfriends who would join in a flash...

nako!

hehehe....

you sure do know how to put up an "enticing", to say the least, presentation :rolleyes:

but it's only masi who's good at dinner conversation :P while I'm only good at being like-minded hehe...

For a while there, I thought I read that two of your girlfriends would join us in the flesh hahaha!

whew! Must be the robusta I smoked last night :P

i'll be there bods!!!  pare, the robustos kept with the tradition of our forefathers, when everyone spoke spanish. i remember my grandfather sitting on his favorite wooden chair, cigar on 1 hand and a cupita of rum, brandy or wine on the other.  i dreaded visiting him as i couldn't stand the stench of the cigar, well, i was young then.

i think they appreciated us for following up our meetings.  what we spent last night was no henny penny!  beside, i'll be going back with the wife to pick a gift this weekend.  I was talked into this Spanish cava as Europe's best selling sparkling wine, beating the French!!!! and it's way, way cheaper than a Dom.  who knows i might get another tampranillo in the process.

it's tempranillo, pare - you shouldn't have smoked 2 robustas last night :P

pare I owe you something as what I gave you was some sort of henny-penny....My grandfather only drank gin and he did not smoke so I have no recollection like yours :P

If my budget permits, I might be tempted to buy that tempranillo we had - that was a 1999 Bach tempranillo, if I recall correctly. The syrah I can't recall the name, except that it was a 2000.....

nako!

hehehe....

you sure do know how to put up an "enticing", to say the least, presentation :rolleyes:

but it's only masi who's good at dinner conversation :P while I'm only good at being like-minded hehe...

For a while there, I thought I read that two of your girlfriends would join us in the flesh hahaha!

whew! Must be the robusta I smoked last night :P

good at dinner conversation? :blink: pare... i just talk alot and i mean alot... when i wear my reading glasses you would think i am competing with boy abunda in terms of nonsense jabber !!!! :boo: *strikers ...

no hangover for you bods, except for the cigar???? good for you... how come i have a hangover... i must have drank faster than i could talk..... :wacko:

it's tempranillo, pare - you shouldn't have smoked 2 robustas last night :P

pare I owe you something as what I gave you was some sort of henny-penny....My grandfather only drank gin and he did not smoke so I have no recollection like yours :P

If my budget permits, I might be tempted to buy that tempranillo we had - that was a 1999 Bach tempranillo, if I recall correctly. The syrah I can't recall the name, except that it was a 2000.....

thanks for the correction, bods, i truly appreciate it. with so much good conversation, good wine, good smoke everything went in a blur. perhaps, my waterloo - remembering labels and vintage. but there were just a few things really worth remembering last night, and that, i think you will fully agree with me.

well...i have to go...need to wrap up a few things

I am serious about that wine weekend in Cebu. Even volunteering to organize it. Whoever is interested can either PM me or send a message to Bods.

teka!

bakit send a message to me?!!

hehehe delikado yan baka hindi na kami umabot sa Cebu kung lovelies ang mag-PM sa akin :boo:

pero I'm all for it - i can take messages :rolleyes:

good at dinner conversation?  :blink:  pare... i just talk alot and i mean alot... when i wear my reading glasses you would think i am competing with boy abunda in terms of nonsense jabber !!!! :boo:  *strikers ...

no hangover for you bods, except for the cigar???? good for you... how come i have a hangover... i must have drank faster than i could talk..... :wacko:

I think you drew in smoke faster than you could drink - I think I drank more than you as I constantly had trouble with the cigar :P

I usually have no hangover with wine - I think we almost had a bottle each, would you think so?

thanks for the correction, bods, i truly appreciate it.  with so much good conversation, good wine, good smoke  everything went in a blur.  perhaps, my waterloo -  remembering labels and vintage.  but there were just a few things really worth remembering last night, and that, i think you will fully agree with me.

no, problemo, pare...

yes, it was an enchanting evening, to say the least :rolleyes:

My waterloo was the cigar, though I loved it!

without the intent of "jumping the gun" on bods, we met last night and popped 2 bottles of spanish wines.  the 1st one was a tampranillo (vintage and label, that i'll leave to bods.  dont blame me, i just drink, talk and have a great time) and the other, a shiraz.

the tampranillo was simply, beyond words.  first time ko e!  so i didn't know what to expect nor was i expecting anything! it had a light purple red visual.  the bouquet was fragrant and round, rich cherries. it was so captivating, that i wanted to taste it right away but held back for a minute as the bouquet was still evolving.

i took a sip and "bounced" it all over the palate.  it was meaty but it was teasing me that  i could not get a hold of the taste i was wanting to capture... fleeting yet elegant.  as i said earlier, simply beyond words.

the second bottle was a shiraz (label and vintage, i don't remember, so what's new!).  i was still in a state of "shock" that the shiraz was typical.  i know i am not doing justice to it by simply passing it as typical.  i will get another bottle and post my notes sometime soon.

btw, as for the eb, only bods and i showed up.  but we were kept in awe by the Senoritas we had, a tampranillo and a shiraz.

i have a hangover and smile on my face.  good thing i have my tall latte with an extra shot of espresso on hand to keep me in touch with reality.

have a good one.

great report, pare!

although you forgot about the cigars hehehe....it was a totally different experience drawing in smoke while trying not to inhale. Quite difficult to master, I should say, but I should get the hang of it with more practice, right pareng masi? :P

We only had one tapas to go with the two bottles - I forgot what it was as the evening got more interesting as the night wore on hehehe....

And yes, I forgot to buy a wine again :P

cheers!

My apologies for not making it last night as I was caught up in another dinner meeting.  I was actually able to slip away from it at around 10pm with the intention of passing by Barcino on the way home.  Only to realize that my phone's battery was dead by that time and so had no way of checking with bods regarding your whereabouts.

Oh well.  Maybe next time. . .

sayang talaga pare...

we were eager to meet with you but there's always a next time...