• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Winemakers' notes:

VIÑA IRACHE Tinto

A young red wine of 12% proof made by means of coupage of tempranillo and garnacha. Ruby-coloured, it is bright and clean. With fruity aromas of open intensity, it is smooth, light and pleasant in the mouth. Bordeaux bottle. To be consumed on the short term.

Beaulieu Vineyard Coastal Cabernet Sauvignon

Dark ruby-violet color. This Coastal Cabernet Sauvignon promises much, and delivers more! The aromas suggest black and green peppercorn, with currant-mint and black tea overtones. Medium bodied, the aromas are echoed on the palate, and completed by hints of dark chocolate. Finishing with a light, velvety texture, this wine is very easy to drink.

pare your namesake wine (the BV Coastal :P ) was really great - opulent to say the least! Now I know why you've been keeping it for so long hehehe...sniffing it reminds me a lot of my favorite shirazes!

pare your namesake wine (the BV Coastal :P ) was really great - opulent to say the least! Now I know why you've been keeping it for so long hehehe...sniffing it reminds me a lot of my favorite shirazes!

And if you liked the BV Coastal you'll love the BV Cabs from their Rutherford vines, right in the heart of Napa Valley! The best example of which is the BV Georges de la Tour Private Reserve. If yu can find a '99, buy it!! You won't be sorry.

And speaking of great cabs - I had dinner with my wife and daughter last night. Daughter's birthday dinner (a bit late - she's a Halloween baby) at a great steak house in Cupertino. Alexander's. Huge portions and really good beef! But for the wine, I dug out a '92 Retzlaff cab (100% cab - nothing blended in) from the Livermore Valley. One of Noah's wines before he broke off in '98 to start his own label (aptly called Noah's). Bold, smooth (tannins were well rounded and integrated). Still relatively young and vibrant with great fruit. Loads of black cherries. Plums (dare I say prunes? Not the dried kind but the fresh, ripe fruit). A bare hint of white pepper in the finish - which lasted a good 2 minutes! The good news is I have two more bottles of this stuff - I will set them down for another year, I think. But I have '90 - think that THAT will be like! These vines grow right next to the Concannon vines - I have no idea why Concannon can't produce a decent cab!!

I'm in the EVA lounge at the airport (SFO) right now waiting for my plane to Taiwan. Sorry, Bods and Masi, but I must be back here in Santa Clara for a Friday meeting so I cannot extend my trip to include Manila. However, I do have trips planned for December, January and February so one of those will work out! Till then, happy drinking!

And if you liked the BV Coastal you'll love the BV Cabs from their Rutherford vines, right in the heart of Napa Valley! The best example of which is the BV Georges de la Tour Private Reserve. If yu can find a '99, buy it!! You won't be sorry.

And speaking of great cabs - I had dinner with my wife and daughter last night. Daughter's birthday dinner (a bit late - she's a Halloween baby) at a great steak house in Cupertino. Alexander's. Huge portions and really good beef! But for the wine, I dug out a '92 Retzlaff cab (100% cab - nothing blended in) from the Livermore Valley. One of Noah's wines before he broke off in '98 to start his own label (aptly called Noah's). Bold, smooth (tannins were well rounded and integrated). Still relatively young and vibrant with great fruit. Loads of black cherries. Plums (dare I say prunes? Not the dried kind but the fresh, ripe fruit). A bare hint of white pepper in the finish - which lasted a good 2 minutes! The good news is I have two more bottles of this stuff - I will set them down for another year, I think. But I have '90 - think that THAT will be like! These vines grow right next to the Concannon vines - I have no idea why Concannon can't produce a decent cab!!

I'm in the EVA lounge at the airport (SFO) right now waiting for my plane to Taiwan. Sorry, Bods and Masi, but I must be back here in Santa Clara for a Friday meeting so I cannot extend my trip to include Manila. However, I do have trips planned for December, January and February so one of those will work out! Till then, happy drinking!

Have a good one, Agxo!!!

pareng masi, again it was an enchanted evening last night - with talk and company as diverse and wonderful as the wines we had!

cheers! and thanks for you and wifey's never-ending hospitality!

Bods, Lipstick, Storm and Mrs. Storm, and Masi .... great seeing you again! I had a great time, enjoyed the wines as much as the conversation. Until the next get together. I hope it's not those "lightning" ebs so we can get more people to attend.

Cheers! :D

That must've been a quaint sight to see.  You, in Japanese schoolgirl costume, scribbling notes on the wine and ending up drunk. (Just like watching  a director's cut of girls behaving bad!!!) :boo:  :lol:  Hmmm, seems like the progression of the wines was not in order that's why that white ended up flat.  :wacko:

Sige,  I will play  that Rod Stewart next time, but I still do have to brush up on my dancing ability.  I only know 2-dance steps... sweet and very sweet. :boo:

Masi pare! Hahahaha nahuli mo ako... I was hiding all day and you still caught the limited viewing. :lol: And you also saw the horrid halloween costume. :blink: Ok here goes nothing ... don't say I didn't warn you guys .... and pardon me if I offend anyones fine sensibilities here ..... tadahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh presenting Britney Spears post pregnancy packing an extra 100lbs!

p.s. Would you believe I allowed myself to be dragged to Segafredo the night I was wearing that costume???? :blink: The mind boggles! :lol:

p.p.s. Yes the progression of wines was not in order .... the white was just bland by the time it touched my palate

p.p.p.s There is no other way to dance to Rod S. but very sweet. :P

post-8751-1131457159.jpg

post-8751-1131457250.jpg

post-8751-1131457308.jpg

Hi Masi!

Thanks for dropping by the show last Saturday night. We enjoyed your company and the Rose siempre. It just made my face rosier though. :D

Speaking of suave Rod S. I have his volume 3. I'll check on vol. 4 tomorrow.

Storm! Finally! Such a pleasure to meet you and Mrs. Storm plus your two beautiful children! Did I hear you correctly when you said my fave dancer has got a twin? :boo:

Hv been drinking since '94. Fv is Cabernet S.a little Merlot. Started wid cheap wines and mvd up a bit. Tasted real great reds (for free), and anything in between. So, pretty know if wine is real crappy tasting. Wid Sideways, tried Pinot Noir from CX biz class selection - it was very good! I always buy french wine from small vinyards ~10 to 20 US$ fr6 duty free. :)

Welcome to the thread ubejam! Do you think they make ube wine in the Philippines? Kasi may mango and strawberry wine na eh. :lol:

Happy Halloween, guys!

Had a Hardy's VR Merlot last night.  Berry bouquet, vampire red color, not so long legs.  Very flavorful - berries and plum, and oak.  The full flavor lingers for sometime.  Good and simple wine that's easy to drink.

Hey FD, you've been busy drinking jove's nectar! :lol: It's such a delight to taste berries in wine isn't it? I most especially love it when I taste chocolate in it as well. :)

Bods and I had a "flash" eb last night and managed to invite a few thread regulars, Lipstick and Storm and Mrs. Storm, and Liberty (of course).  My wife's cousin, a playwright and wine society member in Canberra, was with us too.  We had a some bar chow, made special by the flavors of Omakase -- soft shell crab sushi, tofu beef roll, dynamite sushi.

Banrock Station 2003 White Shiraz South Eastern Australia

I had the same bottle last week and kept to my promise of opening another bottle when friends come for a visit.  The tasting notes were confirmed by my wife's cousin as she sighted and tasted the "Pomelo".    Bods said that the apple flavors were evident in the finish.

Vina Irache Tinto 2002 Navarra  (Spanish)  [bottle c/o my wife's cousin]

Visual was a light to mid ruby.  Nose revealed cherries, vanilla, dark berries -- red currant and cinder.  Body and finish was smooth but thin (as Bods described it).  The body evolved as the wine breathed and reached its serving temperature.  This wine holds a similar character to a tempranillo, which would be typical to Spanish reds.

Beaulieu Vineyards (BV) Coastal Estates 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon Private Cellars (California)

Deep purple visual with lush flavors of dark berries and currants (cousin); chocolate flavors were found by Lipstick.  Velvety body and  long balanced finish, with mild tannins (Bods1000).

We ended with some arteries' clogging creamy and rich ensaymada which Lipstick brought and similarly, mouth watering Go nuts Donuts courtesy of Mr. and Mrs. Storm; washed down with JABLUM (jamaican blue mountain) coffee (which I finally got to serve and they drank! :lol: )

Another great evening of wines made even better by friends!!!    :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:

Masi and Liberty!!! Thank you profusely for having us over in your lovely home :* I had such a wonderful time! Like I mentioned, it was a very diffucult night for me and I was grateful to be in the company of friends like you to keep my tears at bay. :)

Doncha just luv cabsavs???? I was telling Lib's cousin that the cabsav we had was way tame compared to the Aussie cabsavs that have an extra kick in it ... parang Jack ba, may tamang bastos! :lol:

Thank you again too for serving us the JABLUM which Liberty handcarried all the way from Jamaica. Pity we did not get to have a piece of the Rhum cake. :lol: Oh speaking of cakes, have you tried the Vargas Kitchen Butter cake????? It is delightfully sinful! I think a nice riesling would go well with that. Hehe. Para di ako off-topic. :thumbsupsmiley:

....and so we did, and I daresay you remain more of an enchantress than a hermit :)  (now what's a female hermit?) Nice to see you again! Ako ang nagiging taong-bato when I see you - as in frozen like a stone, rooted to the spot and mostly speechless :lol:  Hope you enjoyed the evening as the rest of us did....

cheers!

A female hermit is a celibate? :rolleyes:

You say the sweetest things Bods ... enough to make an old hag like me blush :blush: At naks may nalalaman kang frozen dyan Bods, eh ang daldal mo that night kaya :lol: It was nice sharing wine with friends like you again ... kinda reminds me of home :)

x x x x

Winos! Kelan next WEB???? hahaha namihasa na eh. :lol:

Masi pare!  Hahahaha nahuli mo ako... I was hiding all day and you still caught the limited viewing. :lol:  And you also saw the horrid halloween costume. :blink:  Ok here goes nothing ... don't say I didn't warn you guys .... and pardon me if I offend anyones fine sensibilities here ..... tadahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  presenting Britney Spears post pregnancy packing an extra 100lbs!

p.s.  Would you believe I allowed myself to be dragged to Segafredo the night I was wearing that costume???? :blink:  The mind boggles! :lol:

p.p.s.  Yes the progression of wines was not in order .... the white was just bland by the time it touched my palate

p.p.p.s There is no other way to dance to Rod S. but very sweet. :P

This wasn't so bad. At first, my impression was a plaid, pleated mini-skirt with knee-high socks. Well, at least that's my idea of a Japanese school girl costume, or maybe I must've watched one too many of those Bruder... Bruder... dibidi... :evil: :lol:

Have you tried the decadent choco cake or the creme brulee at Sega? You ought to try it, at least in this lifetime. :thumbsupsmiley:

Bods, Lipstick, Storm and Mrs. Storm, and Masi .... great seeing you again! I had a great time,  enjoyed the wines as much as the conversation.  Until the next get together.  I hope it's not those "lightning" ebs so we can get more people to attend.

Cheers!  :D

Liberty!!! :* Thank you again for having us over :) It's no wonder why Masi is still soooo smitten with you after all these years :rolleyes: You don't look a day over your wedding photo! Whereas si pareng Masi eh ... errr malaki ang pingabago! :lol: Wala na syang widow's peak!

Kidding aside, you two make such a fine couple! Luv ko kayong dalawa! Cheers to Mr. and Mrs. Masi!

p.s. wala na bang kasunod si beautiful angel ninyo? :boo:

A female hermit is a celibate? :rolleyes:

You say the sweetest things Bods ... enough to make an old hag like me blush :blush:  At naks may nalalaman kang frozen dyan Bods, eh ang daldal mo that night kaya :lol:  It was nice sharing wine with friends like you again ... kinda reminds me of home :)

x x x x

Winos!  Kelan next WEB???? hahaha namihasa na eh. :lol:

Next EB natin sa house namin next week on the 18th of November (Friday). I-calendar nyo na.