• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

i had my share of walks in old town europe... geneva, amsterdam, hamburg (including the red zone) ...  i travelled alone so after some sight seeing, the sunday market and museums , i would just sit in a cafe drank a couple of glasses of wine and cap it with an espresso and let time pass.  this is the typical weekend of business travel... much to see, eat and drink... some appreciation but hardly any absorption.

I've only been to Italy - I remember one rainy afternoon walking the back alleys and cobblestoned streets of a town in Northern Italy - very simple, no frills, but it was a memory that has been indelibly etched in me. Of course, it helped that I had some wine in the evening.

uhmmmm hehehe...

we'd love to have you there :)

why uhmmm? :P well thanks for the invitation. it is a great pleasure to be invited in your EB. much as i would like to .. i guess you guys will just get bored with me. I don't drink. not that i dont like wines and stuff... my body just can't consume alcohol else will be rushed to the hospital the moment it touch my system...exaggerated..but true. besides, i am not as articulate as all of you in this thread especially with wines and cigar. hmmm unless you'll have lots of food to consume..then i'll have second thoughts of not coming ..hehehehhe

Edited by heavygatin_but_cutie
why uhmmm? :P well thanks for the invitation. it is a great pleasure to be invited in your EB. much as i would like to .. i guess you guys will just get bored with me. I don't drink. not that i dont like wines and stuff... my body just can't consume alcohol else will be rushed to the hospital the moment it touch my system...exaggerated..but true. besides, i am not as articulate as all of you in this thread especially with wines and cigar. hmmm unless you'll have lots of food to consume..then i'll have second thoughts of not coming ..hehehehhe

hahahaha!

oo nga ano....

well, it's the food we'd like you to share with us - you know what, the last time there - the food hardly got touched because nag-concentrate na kami sa wine. :P

Just soak up the atmosphere and it's alright with us if you don't drink :)

hahahaha!

oo nga ano....

well, it's the food we'd like you to share with us - you know what, the last time there - the food hardly got touched because nag-concentrate na kami sa wine.  :P

Just soak up the atmosphere and it's alright with us if you don't drink :)

anong oo nga no? :P

well..now I am having second thoughts na talaga...i bet you guys will tell the thread na naman how good the food is. :( mouth-watering talaga last time when I was reading the post of his highness MASI. :P It will be in J.Vargas right? hmm kinda far...will think about it..... :) and besides... Ms. Lipstick might be there right?...I guess she can represent the girls here :P I see that she is the First Lady of the Thread. :)

anong oo nga no? :P

well..now I am having second thoughts na talaga...i bet you guys will tell the thread na naman how good the food is. :( mouth-watering talaga last time when I was reading the post of his highness MASI. :P It will be in J.Vargas right? hmm kinda far...will think about it..... :) and besides... Ms. Lipstick might be there right?...I guess she can represent the girls here :P I see that she is the First Lady of the Thread. :)

it's something about wavelengths, di ba? :P

yup J. Vargas you won't miss it...

if nobody else is there, imagine how our blood cholesterol will shoot up as we might be tempted to devour that jamon jabugo all by ourselves :(

it's something about wavelengths, di ba? :P

yup J. Vargas you won't miss it...

if nobody else is there, imagine how our blood cholesterol will shoot up as we might be tempted to devour that jamon jabugo all by ourselves :(

oh yeah..talk about wavelengths. :P

along J.Vargas..hmmm what is the name of the place nga ulit? naku...i am tempted na talaga..pero will think about it...(pakipot muna! :P) ...

well..i think i need to watch thirsty traveller more often to be able to relate to the topic here...hehehe :P if i will show up..will try to bring a bottle from the store of my friend..pero i've checked with her na...they dont have the brand you guys are fond of drinking... :(

oh yeah..talk about wavelengths. :P

along J.Vargas..hmmm what is the name of the place nga ulit? naku...i am tempted na talaga..pero will think about it...(pakipot muna! :P) ...

well..i think i need to watch thirsty traveller more often to be able to relate to the topic here...hehehe :P if i will show up..will try to bring a bottle from the store of my friend..pero i've checked with her na...they dont have the brand you guys are fond of drinking... :(

it's ok you don't have to bring anything...

everything will be there...

It's Barcino - City Golf Plaza :)

what's Thirsty Traveller? mukhang ok yun ah :unsure:

I've only been to Italy - I remember one rainy afternoon walking the back alleys and cobblestoned streets of a town in Northern Italy - very simple, no frills, but it was a memory that has been indelibly etched in me. Of course, it helped that I had some wine in the evening.

one of the few dreams i have -- tour italy, spain and the french wine country, play golf in scotland and sip a single malt after, smoke a cigar and drink a mojito in cuba. i have to work for it!!!!

i received a gift from a friend, Beaulieu Vineyard Coastal Estates 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon Private Cellars. I'm planning to keep it for a year before I open it unless I get advice that I should take it now. Will appreciate your comments.

it's ok you don't have to bring anything...

everything will be there...

It's Barcino - City Golf Plaza :)

what's Thirsty Traveller? mukhang ok yun ah :unsure:

thanks...will see...will let the thread know.. :)

Where is City Golf Plaza? Sorry .. i am bobo with Ortigas area..Makati and Cavite girl po kasi eh...heheheh

Thirsty Traveller is a tv show in Discovery Travel and Living. The host would really travel to places and showcase the best wine, liquor and beers. They also tackle how it is made and other stuff. they even showed one time how real wine tasting happens and how to determine if it is a good A-OK wine or not. One time I saw how they do wine tasting..they don't really drink it..they just take a sip, have it in their mouth and spit...something to that effect.

i received a gift from a friend, Beaulieu Vineyard Coastal Estates 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon Private Cellars.  I'm planning to keep it for a year before I open it unless I get advice that I should take it now.  Will appreciate your comments.

winemaker's notes on the 2001 BV Coastal Cab:

dark ruby-violet coler. the 2001 promises much and delivers! aromas suggest black and green peppercorn, with currant-mint and black tea overtones. medium bodied, aromas are echoed on the palate, and completed by hints of dark chocolate. moderate acidity and light tannins provide solid counterpoint to sweet, ripe fruit flavors. finishing with light yet velvety texture, wine is very easy to drink yet well structured. ideal wine with lighter meat dishes, full flavored pastas, and grilled chicken teriyaki. DRINK WITHIN THREE YEARS OF VINTAGE.

Edited by eagleyes
i left the office at 2 to try to beat the traffic

it still took me over 2 hours to cover 45 miles. yikes!!

have a safe 4th of july weekend  :)

Belated happy 4th! Hope you had a good weekend.

Had the usual suspects (minus one) over for the umpteenth annual bad wine contest and ritual tree feeding. (You gotta back read to understand that reference - sorry!) Small turnout this year - one was sick, the other seems to have been gone underground for a while (not unusual) and the other went "mid-West"-ing. So just me and two others.

We never got to the REALLY BAD wine (there was a Cleavage Creek this year!) but we did pop open a Cuvee Noir from Florida. Interesting flavors, not what you'd normally get in ANY red wine. Some stone fruit (apricot and nectarine), some kind ofspice (nutmeg? allspice? I'm not a spices guy.....), some vaguely grape-ish kind of flavor. None of the normal berries, strawberries, cherry kinds of flavors. Wierd.......

I'm already thinking of a follow-on to the event to try the Cleavage Creek and other unknwon wines. My tree will not grow much this year if I don't feed it more bad wine!

We did pop open a couple of good wines - one of the Retzlaff New Vines, but also a dry French rose from the Rhone Valley, and a demi-sec Vouvray. All were big hits, but with only 3 wine drinkers in the group, that was about all we could do without degenerating too far.

Fireworks at Great America - we can see them from our yard so we didn't make the drive down. Great display, as usual, but none on the 4th! Only on the 2nd and 3rd! I wonder why? San Jose did their display on the 4th and it was pretty grand.

Sounds like Taiwan the week of the 18th, but I have to be back on the 25th - jury duty. Yecch! - so no side trip to Manila.

HAPPY 4th JULY, Agxo and eagleyes!!!

Thanks, Masi! As is normal, a good time was had by all. We sent everyone home with more than they brought over. Typical PInoy party. Way too much food and drink and we had to give stuff away so we wouldn't have to freeze it and eat it for next two weeks! :lol: :lol: Of course, at least one of the guests was a white boy (the only I have ever met who'll eat that salty red champuy with me). He's never gotten used to how we do things.....