35 years? did I read that right?

ok so you've practically been there all your life...

Feel free to visit the thread as frequently as you like, we would be happy to share in your wine-drinking experience, pare!

cheers!

that wasn't a typo, it's 35

i may have posted on this thread a year or so ago

although i follow a lot of threads, as you can see from my post count, i'm not a prolific poster

welcome eagleyes! i love the bay area btw. and napa's beautiful. my mom wants to retire there and grow grapes. :lol: and i asked her if she would settle for tagaytay since i can't even begin to imagine the amount of money it'll take to buy and maintain a vineyard.

anyhoo. share more wine stories. let me live vicariously through you.

thanks for the welcome, missM :)

aha!

so we're off and running :cool:

go na natin - what say we hold it at the "aborted" venue before - NUVO, was it?

nuvo is more of a restaurant than an wine bar.. i think magnun is better... we can ask if they allow wine flights... well i guess they should since they are a wine bar...

miss manners, any ideas?

nuvo is more of a restaurant than an wine bar.. i think magnun is better... we can ask if they allow wine flights... well i guess they should since they are a wine bar...

miss manners, any ideas?

Ah yes, pare, I stand corrected - it was Magnum....

ok barring any further suggestions from ms. manners, Magnum it is :cool:

sorry double post - board acting up again :P

pareng masi - can you enlighten us on these wine flights?

basically its a sampling of different wines but it could be modified to a single variety of grape of different wine makers or regions.

i haven't tried flights here in magnum yet though... maybe it's worth a try for the eb.

am ok except on weekends (Sat/Sun)... especially early evening.

basically its a sampling of different wines but it could be modified to a single variety of grape of different wine makers or regions.

i haven't tried flights here in magnum yet though... maybe it's worth a try for the eb.

am ok except on weekends (Sat/Sun)...  especially early evening.

so they have wine flights at Magnum...we gotta try that pare...

where else have you had these flights?

I myself haven't had one - just read of it....

In the States, wine bars offer wine flights of 2- to 3- ounce servings of about 4 wines - usually of one varietal ("Fat, Chewy Cabernets") - for about $15.

Are we good on a Friday, or a Thursday?

so they have wine flights at Magnum...we gotta try that pare...

where else have you had these flights?

I myself haven't had one - just read of it....

In the States, wine bars offer wine flights of 2- to 3- ounce servings of about 4 wines - usually of one varietal ("Fat, Chewy Cabernets") - for about $15.

Are we good on a Friday, or a Thursday?

am good thursday between 530 and 630pm.... i think the group need not be big...once we get this going i am sure others will follow....

hey...miss you Bods :-)

went around wine shops last friday and discovered a gem...

by the way, where can you get nicely stored pennfolds?

I miss you too :(

I dunno where you are - are you now in the Land of the Volcanoes?

anyway, what was that gem?

I see some Penfolds in Landmark and Cash & Carry but if you want nicely-stored Penfolds (groceries are a little iffy when it comes to storage), you go directly to Anthony's, which is their distributor here...

thank y0u thank you :P

I remember you were the first person other than me to post here :P

bakit silip lang?

Silip lang kasi I wouldn't want to spoil your night by showing my short, fat, old and ugly self. :lol: Hope it was fun, I was all the way in Ortigas and couldn't make it back to Makati anymore.

How about scheduling another one at Cyrano Wine Bar? :)

Finally, Bods and I had our initial EB at Magnun last night. We had great fun talking, of course, about wines and what got us into appreciating it.

We, well I got to try 2 shiraz/syrah while Bods took 2 glasses of a syrah.

Yellow Tail Shiraz 2004 (Australia) - Mid to dark carmine color; moderate vanilla to moderately rich caramel scent; taste was sharp and spicy with mildly strong tannins (maybe attributable to it being young. moderate to moderately strong oak finish (again, a young wine characteristic, i hope). Lacking follow thru that you would expect from a Shiraz.

Calitera 2000, Syrah (Chile) - Mid to dark carmine color; Blend of berries rich enough to be distinct to the nose (it created an sense of anticipation); medium body with rich berries (a confirmation!) with a tinge of oak at the end (just enough to be distinct); moderate to the palate. Age does care for wines.

The essence of the evening, was the great fun we both had. Looking forward to the next activity!!!