Back To The 70's

The 70s was a great era in Phil. professional basketball. :thumbsupsmiley:

Although I was more of a Redmanizer when Toyota and Crispa collide during championship games, I usually cheered for the undergdog ROYAL TRU ORANGE (which was under SMC then) during the regular conferences in the mid 70s. Led by Manny (Kalawit) Paner, Yoyong (Spitfire) Martirez and Estoy (Buaya) Estrada and a host of other Visayan players. The team then was coached by Ed Ocampo who, if my memory serves me right, also served as Toyota coach for some time. :mtc:

Pansin ko lang pulos men na naman tayo rito sa thread. There were times before na nadadalaw tayo ng mga women of substance. I miss them all.

That's true. Active pa rin ba sila? Especially the ones you knew?

Speaking of women and the Crispa-Toyota rivalry, ang impression ko during that time e majority of the women were Toyota fans. The girls I knew said na puro mga tisoy daw kasi ang nasa Toyota like Jawo, Arnaiz, and Mon Fernandez. Kahit the late Tuadles had his share of women admirers. Oh well... :)

Edited by willow_boy
The 70s was a great era in Phil. professional basketball.  :thumbsupsmiley:

Although I was more of a Redmanizer when Toyota and Crispa collide during championship games, I usually cheered for the undergdog ROYAL TRU ORANGE (which was under SMC then) during the regular conferences in the mid 70s. Led by Manny (Kalawit) Paner, Yoyong (Spitfire) Martirez and Estoy (Buaya) Estrada and a host of other Visayan players. The team then was coached by Ed Ocampo who, if my memory serves me right, also served as Toyota coach for some time.    :mtc:

Pards, after Crispa, iyang Royal/SMC team din ang second favorite ko dahil kay Martirez and Estrada. Martirez was really speedy, ang galing sa interceptions. Siya at si Freddie Webb (of Tanduay) were the ones I remember na magaling sa interceptions, panay ang habol sa bola. Estrada naman was a great shooter at matinik din sa chicks! Hehehe :D

Hi Sis Augustmoon. Thanks for dropping by.

Manny Paner and Daisy Romualdez are still together if I'm not mistaken.

Alona Alegre is Alona Alegre. Mana sa ama. :evil:

On the voluptuous AA, unang hinawakan ni Eddie "LAGALAG" Fernandez (papa ni Pops, bayaw ni Rusty Roldan), na napatay sa enkuwentro sa Makati. Eddie Fernandez made it big in the movies as Agent Lagalag before he was incarcerated in Munti.

On the voluptuous AA, unang hinawakan ni Eddie "LAGALAG" Fernandez (papa ni Pops, bayaw ni Rusty Roldan), na napatay sa enkuwentro sa Makati. Eddie Fernandez made it big in the movies as Agent Lagalag before he was incarcerated in Munti.

Naging bata rin si AA ni Atoy Co during his Crispa days. I remember the times when the tv cameras would focus on her while she was watching the games at the Araneta Coliseum.

She was also on those international movies directed by Eddie Romero. Usually ay nakahubo siya at si Lotis Key (remember her?) sa mga scenes nila. :cool:

Edited by willow_boy
Naging bata rin si AA ni Atoy Co during his Crispa days.  I remember the times when the tv cameras would focus on her while she was watching the games at the Araneta Coliseum. 

I can recall that AA and Atoy even went into the restaurant business for awhile. It was a Spanish restaurant (forget na the name) along Makati Ave. near Aberdeen. My family even went to try out the place when it was new. To our surprise, it was Atoy himself who took our orders and AA was the one who made sure the staff was doin' their jobs. My mom said to Atoy, "Buti nalang sa Crispa ka. Ayoko diyan sa Toyota!".....to which Atoy replied, "Ma'am, ako rin, eh!" :lol: Meanwhile, as a typical teenager with raging hormones, I couldn't help but notice AA's plunging neckline...and as our Sopa de Mariscos was still on it's way, I found myself yearning for some Sopa de Alona. :boo:

(Hey! My first post for this thread...) :blink:

Speaking of Lotis Key, she was one of the many of Pidol's girls in the 70s.  Pilar Pilapil was also linked to the Comedy King for quite a while before she did Sen. Doy Laurel.

Yeh Lotis Key, Pilar Pilapil, and Rosanna Ortiz....not quite sure in what order. But from what I remember, it was Lotis Key (tama ba?) before Alma Moreno and then Zsa Zsa.

Speaking of Lotis Key, she was one of the many of Pidol's girls in the 70s.  Pilar Pilapil was also linked to the Comedy King for quite a while before she did Sen. Doy Laurel.

more on lotis key, can still remember as a grade schooler when i went to see her movie with ramon zamora in the title role "ang alamat ni pedro penduko" sometime in the mid-70s (sorry wrong decade).

Yeh Lotis Key, Pilar Pilapil, and Rosanna Ortiz....not quite sure in what order.  But from what I remember, it was Lotis Key (tama ba?) before Alma Moreno and then Zsa Zsa.

Si Pilar yata muna before Lotis then Alma. Tumino na lng yata cya kay ZsaZsa. He was also linked to his "Angels" like Liz Alizdogan. Tindi tlga ni Pidol! :P

Anyways, my favorite cop show then was STARSKY & HUTCH. :thumbsupsmiley:

post-22965-1152245045.jpeg

Edited by Mandrake
more on lotis key, can still remember as a grade schooler when i went to see her movie with ramon zamora in the title role "ang alamat ni pedro penduko" sometime in the mid-70s (sorry wrong decade).

70s ito bro kaya hindi wrong decade :D

We (my HS barkada) saw Lotis Key dancing (modern jazz) in one of the dance schools then inside GoldCrest beside QUAD Makati. She was wearing danskin leotards and tights, no bra, and sweating all over :boo: . We stayed for sometime and were mesmerized by the beauty and grace of the LOTIS KEY. It was an experience to remember. :thumbsupsmiley:

70s ito bro kaya hindi wrong decade :D

We (my HS barkada) saw Lotis Key dancing (modern jazz) in one of the dance schools then inside GoldCrest beside QUAD Makati. She was wearing danskin leotards and tights, no bra, and sweating all over :boo: . We stayed for sometime and were mesmerized by the beauty and grace of the LOTIS KEY. It was an experience to remember. :thumbsupsmiley:

Pareng Storm,

I read somewhere on the internet na Lotis Key now resides in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She still does some acting as a member of the Filipino community there. Pero her acting is mostly for stage plays.

Hanep talaga si Rodolfo V. Quizon. Just imagine all the beautiful women he was able to gain "access" to. Hehehe :D IDOL si PIDOL!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Here's a few AM radio stations that music listeners tuned into:

DWBL - for pop music (it's FM counterpart was DWRR "The Mellow Touch")

DWIZ - for pop music and oldies

DZRJ - The "Rock of Manila" for rock music fans

I remember the days when before or after the DJs played OPM music, they would say the words "We believe in the Filipino talent." Nice. :thumbsupsmiley:

Those were the days.

Edited by willow_boy
Pareng Storm,

I read somewhere on the internet na Lotis Key now resides in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  She still does some acting as a member of the Filipino community there.  Pero her acting is mostly for stage plays.

Hanep talaga si Rodolfo V. Quizon.  Just imagine all the beautiful women he was able to gain "access" to.  Hehehe  :D  IDOL si PIDOL!!!  :thumbsupsmiley:

Yup, Pidol the great! Iba talaga ang agimat ni manong.

When it comes to the ability to gain access to women, bilib din ako kay "Bossing" Vic Sotto. Iba yata talaga ang mga comedians. May angking agimat. :P