• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Back To The 70's

Good Morning to ALL  :)  :)

They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", or "de

plane, Boss, de plane".

They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.

McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.

They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.

ENJOY THE DAY !!!    :)  :)  :)

I guess they wont understand most of the anecdotes in Forrest Gump!

I can't recall what movie it was but one early scene had Roger Moore dropping by the cemetary to visit the grave of his wife, Teresa Bond.  Roger Moore was the contrast of Sean Connery-- who gave 007 the dark edge of character-- Moore, on the other hand, had the more playful lighter side. Timothy Dalton brought back the darkness in the character while Brosnan was very middle of the road.

I can't quite remember that cemetery scene. I do remember a reference to Bond's wife in "The Spy who Loved Me," in a conversation between Bond, played by Roger Moore, and the female Russian agent played by Barbara Bach. They were in an Egyptian bar, sort of feeling each other out. When Bach mentioned Bond's wife, Bond became rather grim. "Oh, you're sensitive," said Bach's character. Bond replied, "About certain things, yes."

Edited by jt2003

THis means I have to check out the Roger Moore bond movies... heheh. It will be a good excuse for me to do that on the coming holidays. Anyway, it was the only scene that showed Bond visiting his wife's grave. The scene showed a Gravestone with the name "TERESA BOND".

If I am not msitaken, the movie was "FOR YOUR EYES ONLY" and this was probably in the opening scene. After visiting the grave yard, Bond steps inside a helicopter which turned out to be sabotaged by Blofeld --who I remember was confined in a (was it a? ) wheelchair and was manipulating the chopper controls by remote. Bond disables the remote then proceeds to hook Blofeld from the chopper's landing rods and then drops him in mid-air to the insides of a tall industrial brick chimney. Sorry for errors in description as I'm doing this from memory... =) but that was the scene.

OHMSS had Bond falling deeply in love with Teresa-- so much that he married her-- despite her father's background. That Ernst Stavro Blofeld was directly involved in her death made him hate SPECTRE all the more. Remeber his last lines as he held his dying wife?

"We have all the time in the world...."

:D

I can't quite remember that cemetery scene.  I do remember a reference to Bond's wife in "The Spy who Loved Me," in a conversation between Bond, played by Roger Moore, and the female Russian agent played by Barbara Bach.  They were in an Egyptian bar, sort of feeling each other out.  When Bach mentioned Bond's wife, Bond became rather grim.  "Oh, you're sensitive," said Bach's character.  Bond replied, "About certain things, yes."

Edited by 16track
If I am not msitaken, the movie was "FOR YOUR EYES ONLY" and this was probably in the opening scene. After visiting the grave yard, Bond steps inside a helicopter which turned out to be sabotaged by Blofeld --who I remember was confined in a (was it a? ) wheelchair and was manipulating the chopper controls by remote.  Bond disables the remote then proceeds to hook Blofeld from the chopper's landing rods and then drops him in mid-air to the insides of a tall industrial  brick chimney. Sorry for errors in description as I'm doing this from memory... =)  but that was the scene.

There's still a copy of "For Your Eyes Only" in my late father's house, except that it's in Betamax format. That film also featured Lynn Holly Johnson (I think that's her name), who starred with Robbie Benson in that tear-jerker "Ice Castles," with the theme song sung by Melissa Manchester.

Still on Bond (shaken, not stirred)...

My father had a collection of most of Ian Fleming's Bond novels. OHMSS seemed to be the thickest of them. I never actually got to read it (yet) but perhaps because it featured Bond marrying (and marrying the daughter of a gangster at that), it probably had the most emotional power among the novels. I think the film version is also the longest among the Bond flicks.

I was able to read "The Man with the Golden Gun" before it was released as a film with Roger Moore, Cristopher Lee (Dracula), Maude Adams, Brit Ekland and Mr. "De plane, de plane." The novel was really gory, nothing at all like the film. At one point in the novel, in his outdoor duel with Bond, Scaramanga killed a snake and ate it raw.

Edited by jt2003

The Bond franchise was definitely a part of the 60's, the 70's just as it is today.

When Connery agreed to come back as Bond in 1971 in Diamonds are Forever, he was paid an astonishng US$1.2 million dollars which was the highest for any actor in that era. Everyone was then even more astonished as Sean Connery gave evry cent to Charity-- in Scotland, I believe.

After Bond, I remember watching Sean Connery in the movie ZARDOZ.

Sometime in late 1978 or 1979, Connery visited the Philippines as a guest of themn President Marcos who played golf with him in Perto Azul and Manila Golf. Sean Connery developed a real love for the game after being introduced to it in GoldFinger.

:D

Still on Bond (shaken, not stirred)...

My father had a collection of most of Ian Fleming's Bond novels. OHMSS seemed to be the thickest of them.  I never actually got to read it (yet) but perhaps because it featured Bond marrying (and marrying the daughter of a gangster at that), it probably had the most emotional power among the novels.  I think the film version is also the longest among the Bond flicks.

I was able to read "The Man with the Golden Gun" before it was released as a film with Roger Moore, Cristopher Lee (Dracula), Maude Adams, Brit Ekland and Mr. "De plane, de plane."  The novel was really gory, nothing at all like the film.  At one point in the novel, in his outdoor duel with Bond, Scaramanga killed a snake and ate it raw.

Good Morning to ALL  :)  :)

A copy of this was sent to me thru e-mail.

This is being sent only to those whose level of maturity qualifies them to

relate to it...

1975: Long hair    2005: Longing for hair

1975: KEG  2005: EKG

1975: Acid rock  2005: Acid reflux

Do you feel old yet? Pass this on to the other old fogies. Notice

the larger type, that's for those of you who have trouble reading...

ENJOY THE DAY !!!    :)  :)  :)

My Top 10 personal signs of growing old:

1) I do the hiring in the company I work in. I actually read a resume of an applicant whose father is as old as I am.

2) I never knew the day would come. An applicant is literally half my age.

3) When going out, my college buddies would still ogle some cute girls, and I'd say, "pare ang babata naman nyan"!

4) I can only stay an hour in a noisy bar.

5) It's rise and shine for me at 5:50AM. It's Sunday.

6) I nag my son about doing well in school because it's "for his own good".

7) I drive a sedate 70kph on a traffic free hiway.

8) I listen to Deo Macalma and DZRH on the AM radio every morning drive to work.

9) I actually worry about work I'm not attending to when on vacation.

10) I can't stand hip-hop music.

Good Morning to ALL :)

Hi SLIDE...MIA (missing-In-Action) ka dito for some day ah? ::blink: What have you been up to ? Don't work too hard. It aint worth it :D :D :D

Guys....I doff my hats to you..lahat ng info about Godfather, then JBond alam niyo :thumbsupsmiley:

Ny favorite movie in the 70's waS TOWERING INFERNO any info you can share about this? and also EXORCIST ?

1) I do the hiring in the company I work in. I actually read a resume of an applicant whose father is as old as I am.

3) When going out, my college buddies would still ogle some cute girls, and I'd say, "pare ang babata naman nyan"!

8) I listen to Deo Macalma and DZRH on the AM radio every morning drive to work.

I only got 3 out of 10. What does it mean? :rolleyes:

Good Morning to ALL  :)

Ny favorite movie in the 70's was TOWERING INFERNO any info you can share about this?  and also EXORCIST ?

Hi Augustmoon!

Here's a brief summary of TOWERING INFERNO I got from another source

Construction magnate Jim Duncan (Holden) has teamed with architect Doug Roberts (Newman) to build a 135-storey structure named 'The Glass Tower' in San Francisco. On opening night, many dignitaries including a U.S. Senator, San Francisco's Mayor & his wife and others are celebrating in the ballroom/restaurant on the top floor. On the 81st floor, in a utility room, an overloaded circuit breaker starts a fire in a can of oily rags. While the party is still going on, Roberts is inspecting the wiring in the building and discovers it is very low standard - a serious fire hazard. In the Security HQ, a guard, Jernigan (Simpson) spots smoke crawling out from under a door, and activates the alarm. The San Francisco Fire Department immediately comes out, with Chief O'Hallorhan (McQueen) commanding. By now fires are starting all over the building, and the enraged Duncan discovers that his son-in-law, Simmons (Chamberlain) is the one who chose the cheaper wiring to save money. As the night goes on the fire races closer and closer to those trapped in the Tower, until the Chief discovers that detonating the water tanks above them will likely drown the fire - but will it k*ll the remaining men trapped inside?

Remember that incredibly suspenseful moment in The Towering Inferno when they all strapped themselves to brace for the blast? The direction was really great, focusing on the worried faces of Fred Astaire, William Holden, Paul Newman, and Steve McQueen. There was also a very poignant moment earlier in the film...that was when Robert Wagner (It Takes a Thief) died when he and his lover were trapped in a lower floor. Who else was in the film? Robert Vaughn (The Man from UNCLE), Jennifer Jones (The Song of Bernadette), Richard Chamberlain (The Thornbirds, Shogun), OJ Simpson (Naked Gun), and Faye Dunaway (Bonnie & Clyde, Network). Those were the days of "all-star cast" movies.

For me, wala na akong kilala sa mga banda ngayon. Clueless would

be the right term. My daughter knows about them a lot more, then

I'd be wondering where in the hell she got to know about them.

And she's only 9.

Also i tend to linger more in the "Best of" section sa mga record stores.

Do they still actually say "Record Store?"

heheheh.. not quite, if I may. :)

I still play it loud -- and just like Sliderule, I really can't stand HipHop. Matter of fact, I have my CD player hooked up on a 2X250 Behringer PA with digital signal processors going out to Two 15 inchers... :boo:

Sign you're getting old.

"If it's too loud, you're too old."

Edited by 16track