Back To The 70's

Michael  : My father helped Johnny Fontaine out of his contract with a bandleader once who refused to            to let Johnny go.

Kaye      : How did he manage that?

Michael  : Luca Brassi paid the bandleader a visit - held a shotgun to his head and and told him that

either his brains or his signature will be on the release contract.

Michale  : Kaye, my father's way of doing things are over. Even he knows that. In 5 years time, the

Corleone Family will be totally legit.

Don Vito : [in the car after meeting with the rest of the Dons and where Barzini negotiated peace

between the Corleones and the Tataglias]

"Tataglia's a pimp. He could not have outsmarted Santino. I never realized until tonight that

it was Barzini all along!"

Michael  : Comforting his sister: Do you think I could k*ll the father (his wife's husband) of my

god child? [The next scene had Carlo, the husband, being strangled to death by Michael's

thugs inside the car]

Clemenza : The gun will be planted at the back of that old fashioned toilet.

Santino    : Make sure that it's there. I don't want my brother to walk out of there with just his dick in

his hands. [As they planned Michael's murder of Virgil Solozzo and the Police Chief.

16track, grabe your detail! When reading your post, I can hear Brando's and Pacino's voice in my head! The boxed set contains an alternative ending to Part 2 where a flashback of the Corleone family scene is shown. Everyone except Brando (who I think turned down a huge amount of money to re-appear in the sequel). Everyone is at the dinner table, and Vito Corleone (unseen) arrives, all the family members stand up and cheerfully greet their Pop....eveyone except a sullen looking Mike.

There are a lot of pirated boxed sets BTW..if you get them make sure they have all the discs inside. You can check out the inventory of discs in amazon.com.

does anyone remember Romy Diaz? i mean his laugh is contagious! :blush:

Yes I remember him. ALWAYS the kontrabida. He also starred in pinoy horro movies as DRACULA / VAMPIRE. He looked as if BAD person siya talaga.

I last saw him in THE BUZZ talking about his bout with Cancer. He is the brother of PAQUITO DIAZ. Did you know that he is an ATENEAN ??? Shock Ako. !

Welcome to the thread Pajanazzon :)

Btw Lil Wyld where art thou???

Hi to ALL just came back from a late-merienda to late-dinner thing with old friends at the MetroWalk. Dami tao ngayon doon because of Oktoberfest. Ang INGAY, We can;t take the Loud Music and Noise (and to think we were on the second floor) We must be getting old na talaga. The Band played one 70's music "LONG TRAIN RUNNING". :) :) :)

To all new posters:

Welcome to the thread.

Walang kupas talaga iyang Long Train Runnin' ng the Doobie Brothers.

Ito mga theme songs ng 70s:

Great Day

I honestly Love You

Pers Lab

How Can I Tell You

First Love

Lovin You

As Sure as I'm Standing Here

All in Love is Fair

Moment by Moment

Looking Through the Eyes of Love

Favorite music na pang-typar ---- sweet siempre

1. Sparkling in the Sand and You're Still a Young Man by Tower of Power

2. Reasons, That's the Way of the World, After the Love is Gone by EWF

3. Stairway to heaven --- me bonus na ruggged sa dulo by Led Zep

4. Main Ingredient Songs - halos lahat

5. Blue Magic Songs

6. O sige na nga isama na yung Stylistics

7. Hues Corporation

8. Roberta Flack songs

I have the old Godfather DVDs with the bonus trcks like behind the scenes, deleted scenes, commentaries, etc.

Some additional trivia:

Al Pacino was not the first choice for the role of Michael. I forgot though who was (need to watch it again). All I can remember is James Caan, Robert de Niro and Martin Sheen auditioned for the role of Michael.

I hope I'll have the time to watch Godfather 1 tomorrow.

Lapit na ang exhibit ko. Reminding you all to come to the exhibit on monday and have a typar. :cool:

Wala akong alam jan Pareng Pinoy at Pareng Bods.

Si Merle Fernandez lang ang alam ko pero lahat iyan ay hindi ko napanood. Pati nga yung 2 movies ko nung 70s (extra lang po) ay dehins ko napanood.

me too - I don't remember having seen those films :P

I wonder what happened to those "actresses" - Merle Fernandez, Rossana Ortiz, Alona Alegre, Nympha, Irma Alegre etc.....

Some additional trivia:

Al Pacino was not the first choice for the role of Michael. I forgot though who was (need to watch it again). All I can remember is James Caan, Robert de Niro and Martin Sheen auditioned for the role of Michael.

16track, yes...storm is right. In the boxed set you'll see some weird scenes where James Caan was playing the role of Michael in some test shoots. Really strange to see Santino in that military uniform acting out Michael's cool and subdued character.

Haaaaay....pure weekend bliss.....kaunting OT lang: just to share with you all that on the week after next, I'll be having my first long vacation in 14 months. 2 wonderful weeks to consume my remaining 2004 leave credits which would otherwise be forfeited. Time to catch up with all the books and DVDs waiting to be read/watched. :D

Have a good weekend...cheers

16track, yes...storm is right. In the boxed set you'll see some weird scenes where James Caan was playing the role of Michael in some test shoots. Really strange to see Santino in that military uniform acting out Michael's cool and subdued character.

I've been watching James Caan for years, and I simply can't imagine him as Michael. Remember "Rollerball" and "The Gambler"? James Caan was/is at his best playing Santino types. There are exceptions, though. For instance, James Caan was great in "Brian's Song."

Hoy!  Kumita na yan!  :boo:

Just removing the cobwebs honey bunch :wub: ... although I may not have any need to use it! ;)

(i hope! :P )

Yes I remember him.  ALWAYS the kontrabida.  He also starred in pinoy horro movies as DRACULA / VAMPIRE.  He looked as if BAD person siya talaga.

I last saw him in THE BUZZ talking about his bout with Cancer.  He is the brother of PAQUITO DIAZ.  Did you know that he is an ATENEAN ??? Shock Ako. !

Madaming Ateneans sa sa show biz!!! Let me think of a few.... hmmmm..... Gary Lising! hmmmm.... what's the name of the guy jailed in Tanay? :lol:

hehehehe!!!!

The 70's people are hybernating on this rainy Sunday afternoon!

Sorry but 60's ito:

Does anybody remember a TV series called "The Champions"? Two men and a woman who possessed strength and the ability to communicate through telepathy. It was shown in channel 5 then re-appeared in Sept 1972....I was so excited to watch the first episode....but the following week, Martial Law was declared....grooooan.....

How about "The Avengers"? My favorite episode was when they had cyborgs as enemies.

Other favorites were 'Twilight Zone', 'Outer Limits', 'Lost in Space' (never fear, Smith is here...), 'The Time Tunnel' and 'Land of the Giants'.

In 'Land of the Giants', the "big" people would discover the presence of....well, the "little people". You'd think they'd be amazed at such a discovery, right? Nahhh....their usual reaction was to step on them....hahaha what a crazy series!

Back to the 70's :

How about the 'Night Stalker' back in '75? Reporter Karl Colchak on the prowl.

Circa' 1973 came that English science fiction series "UFO", where strange looking crafts (I still remember that high-pitched sound they emitted) would unexplainably attack the earth and 'moonbase Alpha'. Thinking about it now, it's hilarious to remember the setting was supposed to be 1981! Kung sabagay that was the generation of androgyny so Boy George, Simon LeBon and David Bowie could easily pass off as aliens ;)

Then there were Channel 13's 'The Rockford Files' and 'Barretta'...Channel 9's Hawaii-Five-O ("Book 'em Dano!), KOJAK.....Ch 7's Starsky & Hutch....and the original Mission : Impossible.

Speaking of 'The Blob'....another memorable "monster" movie was "The Tarantula" withClint Eastwood appeared as an fighter pilot.

^^^ Let's go local.  Sa mga mahihilig na lalake.  Sino ang mga stars ng mga '70s bomba movie na ito:

Uhaw

Gutom

Busog

Saging ni Pacing

Nympho

According to an office mate who's much older than I am, Uhaw starred Merle Fernandez. Saging ni Pacing starred no other than the mataray mom of Ruffa Gutierrez, Anabelle Rama. He also mentioned that as late back as the 80s, old VHS copies of these films can still be bought at a store near the Divisoria area along Recto. I wouldn't know if this is true.

According to an office mate who's much older than I am, Uhaw starred Merle Fernandez.  Saging ni Pacing starred no other than the mataray mom of Ruffa Gutierrez, Anabelle Rama.  He also mentioned that as late back as the 80s, old VHS copies of these films can still be bought at a store near the Divisoria area along Recto.  I wouldn't know if this is true.

I never got to watch those movies bec I was underage. As in di ko pa maabot ang taas ng booth ng taga-bigay ng ticket. I saw the ads on the news papers. Yup si Merle Fernandez ang Uhaw at Gurom; yung Busog di ko alam at yung Saging ni Pacing Si rossana Roces at Rod Navarro, and baka andun si Annabelle Rama in a supporting role. The most I got to watching a Tagalog artsy-sex film was Scorpio Nights. Noon 70s you relied more on your imagination kasi "below 18" not admitted.

Same here. I never got to watch those films. I remember, though, that our school bus passed by a theater every day which showed "Uhaw." When martial law was declared, there was a clampdown on "bomba movies," so producers found a way to circumvent the rules...through wet t-shirts. One of the more popular films with wet t-shirts was "Ang Pinakamagandang Hayop sa Balat ng Lupa," which featured Gloria Diaz and Elizabeth Oropesa.

Edited by jt2003

With Deep Purple music playing in the background, Pinoy Strigoi, Augustmoon, Liberty and I drove to Avellana Gallery at F.B. Harrison to view Storm's 1st One-Man Show.

Avellana Gallery is located in a compound of wood-stone art-deco architecture homes, in thick living vegetation, one would never thought existed in the Pasay section of Harrison Street. I finally met Storm and after a warm exchange of pleasantries and congratulatory messages, we proceeded inside the gallery. Swing music was playing and one can't help but relive the glory of this music that had melody, harmony not to mention lyrics that spelled like poetry.

There were several pieces on view and each and every one was a sight to behold. A moment of motion rendered in brass and copper(mind you this is not an easy medium to work on). Motion in art! :thumbsupsmiley:

For a 1st one man show, I can only say that Storm has the touch of a "maestro" :thumbsupsmiley: . We have a modest art collection, but we never ventured in sculptures thus far. There were a few "master" pieces that I have been eyeing in previous shows I attended but they were not shared by my wife's attention, so those pieces may still be in the gallery or in somebody else's house.

But with such artistry and deft, we may have one in our home soon.

Bravo, bravo, bravo!!

I can't say enough about the beautiful artwork Storm has presented in his exhibit!  Each sculpture is truly a masterpiece!!

I'm sure they are! Sa pictures pa lang, impressed na ako. And considering that (as Pareng Masi correctly pointed out), these are not the easiest media to work on.

Pareng Storm: Much as I wanted to drop by, ang layio kasi masyado ng location ko. Let me just extend my kudos to you! Bilib kami! :cool: