Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

leinad31: aight dude. =]

alkalinejemil: you can just delete the win98 install folder (just make sure you delete the correct folder - the default is \Windows). Then, u might have to edit the boot.ini file. To do this: Control panel -> System -> Advanced tab -> Startup and recovery settings. Manually edit the file and remove all entries for Win98. This will get rid of the Win98 option during startup. Hope this helps.

alkalinejemil: you can just delete the win98 install folder (just make sure you delete the correct folder - the default is \Windows). Then, u might have to edit the boot.ini file. To do this: Control panel -> System -> Advanced tab -> Startup and recovery settings. Manually edit the file and remove all entries for Win98. This will get rid of the Win98 option during startup. Hope this helps.

In the same vein, I have WinXP and Win Server 2k3 in separate partitions. I'm using WinXP exclusively now because server was too involved for me. Is it safe to just delete the Win Server 2k3 after editing the boot.ini file or is there something else I have to do? :unsure:

tanong ko lang po.....may laban po ba yong isang empleyado(private) kung kakasuhan sya ng kanyang dating employer ng "forgery" pag ginamit ang scanned signature para sa letter of termination????.....kasi po kawawa naman po ung prend ko....salamat po

Medyo magulo ang facts. Your friend is being charged of "forging" a signature for a letter of termination? Who was terminated? Your friend or another employee. If such was the case, was the termination of the said employee valid? Who instructed your friend to place the scanned signature in the first place. In case of forgery, there must be a showing that such forgery was intended to defraud someone. Without such intent (criminal intent) there cannot be any crime. Thus, if your friend was instructed to terminate the employee in the first place, then there cannot be any forgery because he was given the authority to terminate in the first place.

Hi !

Does anyone know what is the legally approved towing fee for cars towed supposedly because they have illegally parked?

It happened to me yesterday and had to cough out Php 1,500 for towing fee and just a penalty of php 200 to the city coffers raw.

I made the mistake of parking my CRV in a little known street in Manila which I didn't realized was actually a short bridge. So illegal parking over the bridge raw ako... I was really pissed off. Ang galing na racket... ambilis kumita. There were no signs whatsoever and they can't even tell me exactly the traffic rule number that I disobeyed nor can they point to me that there is a no parking sign along the road.

How can we contest such instances? Where can one file a letter of complaint??? 

With regards to legality, depende kung sino ang nang-huli sa iyo. If it is the MMDA who did this, you can complain directly with the MMDA office. Towing of illegally parked vehicles had been clearly declared as illegal by the MMDA if it does not obstruct traffic. However, if the people who towed your vehicle are city officers, then there might be a valid ordinance that they are implementing. Illegal parking has always been a thorny issue because each municipality or city can come up with an ordinance that authorizes the act.

In the same vein, I have WinXP and Win Server 2k3 in separate partitions. I'm using WinXP exclusively now because server was too involved for me. Is it safe to just delete the Win Server 2k3 after editing the boot.ini file or is there something else I have to do? :unsure:

If you managed to delete it from the boot.ini and succesfully bootup without the start-up menu, then it is ok to delete the 2nd OS just make you delete the right os.

Hi !

Does anyone know what is the legally approved towing fee for cars towed supposedly because they have illegally parked?

It happened to me yesterday and had to cough out Php 1,500 for towing fee and just a penalty of php 200 to the city coffers raw.

I made the mistake of parking my CRV in a little known street in Manila which I didn't realized was actually a short bridge. So illegal parking over the bridge raw ako... I was really pissed off. Ang galing na racket... ambilis kumita. There were no signs whatsoever and they can't even tell me exactly the traffic rule number that I disobeyed nor can they point to me that there is a no parking sign along the road.

How can we contest such instances? Where can one file a letter of complaint??? 

Jackryan, Freelicker is right but I would like to add that the MMDA headoffice is located at Guadalupe. They have an Adjudication Board who hears cases of complaints by erring MMDA employees. If you feel that you have been unrightfully issued a traffic violation by the MMDA, you can file a complaint in their Guadalupe office before the Adjudication Board. Usually, cases heard before the Adjudication Board lasts about two (2) weeks.

With regards to the towing of vehicle, if my memory serves me right, the officers who should be towing your vehicle should ask clearance from their office or nearest outpost for the approval of the said towing of vehicle. Without the "go signal" from their office, said officers can be charged of carnapping because of not following proper procedures.

i haven't tried installing win2k3 yet (or at least see how it works), so my answer wouldn't be 100% accurate. ;) that is why i advise u to have a backup of all yer personal files first. a coupla questions though. since u have partitioned yer drive to accommodate both OSes, apparently, winxp's residing on the first partition (C:) and wink3 on the other (D:). the reason primarily is winxp being the predecessor of win2k3 and you may have installed winxp first. is my idea correct? if this is the case, there's a huge probability that win2k3 has overwritten winxp's bootloader. you might have to:

- boot from yer winxp installation cd rom (that is if you have one. if u don't, use the boot disks).

- press "R" in the setup screen in order to start the restoration console.

- select your Windows XP installation from the list, and enter the administrator password.

- enter the command "FIXMBR" at the input prompt and confirm the next question with "y".

- finally, use "exit" to restore the computer.

this will restore xp's bootloader on the MBR. if all goes well, you can just easily remove win2k3's install folder. you can also repartition yer drive to allocate more space for winxp.

am not associated with microsoft whatsoever. and as i've said, i haven't tried using win2k3 yet so i've no idea on how it technically works. but i do hope this helps.

NOTE: another solution is to repartition, reformat yer harddrive and perform a clean install with winxp. this option will remove all "traces" of win2k3. cheers!

xpinoy: true that. hehe.

they even released a new OS server win2k3. what happened to the "stable, crash-proof" winxp? :evil:

i've redhat installed on my notebook.

:)

yo...

pareho pala tayo tol... anong version ng linux gamit mo...ako 8 by redhat....

so far hanggang ngayon wala pang problem...

Mag tatayo ako ng internet cafe and ang gagamitin ko linux...

from server to workstation...

HI!!!!

kompyuter thread po, if ever anybody needs advice, questions, troubleshooting or anything computer related *:P

:wizard:

hello guys...

We are making Bill Gates richer... :boo:

Does any one here tried Linux?

Linux user here..

Been using Redhat and Slackware for almost 3 years now.. :)

Sa mga magbabawas ng OS sa dual boot... kung ako nasa posisyon ninyo, nag-backup-format-fresh install na nga lang ako para malinis ang registry, hehehe. ;) Wala lang... :P

I agree! besides, there will still be a lot of unecessary files left from the win98 OS like installed softwares, shared files, etc. aside from the \windows directory.....

I recommend to use NTFS na rin..... there are more advantages....

they even released a new OS server win2k3. what happened to the "stable, crash-proof" winxp? :evil:

I've heard also that there is a security vulnerablility now w/ W2K3.....and it's suppose to be very secure???? masyadong maaga ata ngayon even for MS....

I agree! besides, there will still be a lot of unecessary files left from the win98 OS like installed softwares, shared files, etc.  aside from the \windows directory.....

I recommend to use NTFS na rin..... there are more advantages....

Drawback lang nyang NTFS hassle kung di mag-boot ng maayos OS mo. Sa alam ko kasi walang bootdisk na pwede mong access yung NTFS from prompt.

Take the case of my friend, nasira nya Win XP dahil may ininstall syang walang kwentang software so di na sya makapasok sa OS. Since ala kaming boot floppy disk na pang NTFS-prompt, di na nya ma-access files nya. Wala rin syang spare HDD na pwede gawing new master boot disk para slave disk sana yung original na nasira. Nangyari, napilitan sya mag-format-reinstall without having even a single file backed up.

So ako, naka FAT32 pa rin ang Win XP ko... just in case para accessible pa rin ang HDD from a Win 9x boot disk or from my Win 98 partition. Isa lang kasi HDD ko. Wala lang ulit... :P

Edited by leinad31

they even released a new OS server win2k3. what happened to the "stable, crash-proof" winxp?  :evil:

I've heard also that there is a security vulnerablility now w/ W2K3.....and it's suppose to be very secure???? masyadong maaga ata ngayon even for MS....

microsoft has always been like that. monopoly and s@%t. but we've gotta admit, almost everybody's using their products. <_<

but i liked what gates said in one of his interviews: "Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one." B)

"Chaos reigns within.

Reflect, repent, and reboot.

Order shall return."

Hmm tingin ko yung security vulnerablility ay para may downloadable patch syempre o service packs para di mapeke o mapirata :lol:

Hindi naman magtatagal yan sooner or later something else will replace windows like di nila mapasok ang mobile phones (kasi kulang daw ng 3 buttons hehe walang control+alt+delete :lol: ) but seriuosly ngayon slave tayo ng machine nila pero someday maiiba ang sistema nyan.

Hey may tanong ako sa nakakaalam based sa bilis ng read write alin mas mabilis fat32 o ntfs?

dude, for the record, i really don't know which is faster or if disk speed is really improved either with NTFS or FAT32. What i do know is that the disk's RPM has a big role on speed. but just to share with you guys...

Here are just some of the qualities of NTFS that FAT32 and FAT16 lack:

File security

Access rights can be assigned to files and directories, allowing users full access, partial access or no access at all to data on the hard disk.

Encryption

NTFS can automatically encrypt and decrypt file data as it is read and written to the disk

Disk compression

File and directory compression can be performed without using any third party software, which saves space, while still allowing for transparent access and operation to the user.

Support for large hard disks

We're talking very large. Try a theoretical limit of 16 Exabytes, and up to 2 Terabytes.

File names

Native support of long file names and a 16-bit character standard called Unicode (likely the next generation ASCII)

Storage quotas

Disk quotas can be assigned that limit the amount of disk space users can access on a partition.

Sparse files

Let the user assign and reserve hard disk space to specific files.

File streams

Support for multiple data streams.

Fault tolerance

An enhanced ability to seamlessly respond to unexpected hardware and software errors.

there yah go. :)